Aarons / horrible customer service!

I have worked in the customer service field for 10 years and never had I experienced what I experienced with Aarons furniture general manager named Keith. This store is located in Columbia South Carolina on 2 notch road. I recently gave birth to a baby, I work full time and attend graduate school full time. My computer blew up so I needed another one in a hurry. My appointment time was suppose to be from 1-5. My computer wasn't delivered until 6:30. I understand things happen. But it would have made sense to call me and let me know they would be delivering the merchandise late. I called three times that day and no one informed me the delivery man ran into complications and would be late. I wanted to voice how dissatisfied I was with the service. I only have 2 days off. With this two day i need to take care of bills, buy groceries ect. the general manage informed me that I shouldn't have called and I must have been expecting a problem. He is an complete idiot! How can someone like that be a general manager. After this, I will NEVER, I mean NEVER get anything from Aarons. I will also inform everyone I know about their terrible customer service. If I didn't need to finish my paper for school and wasn't pressed for time to get my daughter I would have canceled the order. I HATE AARONS!!!

Comments

• Ca
      21st of Nov, 2008

I also had a very simmular experience with Aaron's. I recieved a call from the store letting me know i was 2 days late on my payment. I told the Manager named Sheila in Payson, Az. that I am sorry I am a single mother who works full time and attends college full time and raises a 2 year old alone, I must have just let it slip my mind. She then accused me of being "STUPID" and said that since I was 2 days late, I obviously couldn't add!!! This woman was the rudest person I have ever dealt with on a professional level. I have worked in the customer service field before and at any one of my jobs if I had ever spoken that way to a customer I would have been fired on the spot. I guess aarons just trains their people to be rude, unconsiderate, and childish. I WILL NEVER DO BUSSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER EVER AGAIN!!! I suggest you don't either or you will be in for a rude AWAKENING!

10th of Dec, 2010

I leased a sectional from Aarons. I’ve been making payments on them for about 18 months. I was late this month, so a young lady calls my home being extremely rude as if I was a criminal that tried to rob them. I told her that this month was a bit hard for me and that I couldn’t come up with the payment for a couple of day. She tells me that it sounds like a personal problem so I ask to speak to the manager. She tells me how she is going to have her "guys" pick it up in five minutes. When she transferred the call over, the manager picks up and says "yes?” I asked his name and he turns around and says "well you asked to speak to me, you know who I am". Wow!! How rude can they be? Well I know we were back and forth because I couldn’t make the payment on time. He tells me on how that’s not there problem and I should go and burrow the money from someone to make the payment. All of a sudden there were all these new rules and regulations that they were trying to re-enforce on me. (Mind you, I only have about three months left to pay the sofas off). They kept threatening me on how the stuff is still there’s and they can come and pick it u whenever they want. He made it his business to say how he runs that whole Aarons store and everyone has problems, but that is none of his business. I let them know about their attitude. I don’t know how they let people like that deal with customers. I financed a Mercedes Benz, if I was to be late on the payment, guess what? It’s a 40K car, and they don’t treat me like that. AARONS HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! That will be the first and last time I will ever purchase something from them!!! I will make sure to tell everyone!!!

Sandra RODRIGUEZ

10th of Dec, 2010

Oh, . It was in their Perth Amboy NJ location. Keep in mind, its better to purchase cash in this situation, your actually paying triple the amount for something that could have been payed off with maybe one months salary or less.