7 Eleven / rude customer service

Main Street 22942Gordonsville, United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 540 332 7140

On 3 Sept 08, I had occasion to visit this store to use the ATM machine and purchase a bottle of water. When my turn came in line to deal with crew member Cathy Brooks, I placed my purchase on the counter well within her reach. She informed me I had to move the water container closer to her prior to her scanning it, I responded by inquiring if something was wrong with her arm which would inhibit her ability to reach for the bottle, which as I previously stated was well within her reach. I attempted to deflect the situation by ordering an additional purchase, however Ms Brooks continued her disrespectful tirade by stating "You Customers think"... at which point I canceled my purchases with the intent of departing the facility. Ms Brooks was still running off at the mouth at which time I requested of her shift crew member the name of the store manager (Maribeth Cue) and that of the disrespectful worker. She attempted to inhibit his giving me the information I requested by telling him I had no right to know who was being disrespectful to me. I made it very clear of my intent to file a complaint against her with the national office. I feel this action is necessary, when discussing the incident with my wife, she advised she does not shop there due this employee's negative attitude and inability to communicate with customers in a professional manner. Due to the negative impact of this incident, I too shall cease to frequent that facility unless I have need to use the ATM machine. I would appreciate your office making an inquiry to access whether this employee requires additional training regarding the proper way to interact with the paying public which frequent that facility or if the job is suitable for her and I also would appreciate your notifying me of your intent to investigate the incident.
Ja

Comments

Pe
  23rd of Sep, 2008
On September 23, 2008, I visited the following 7-11 to get gas:

100 W Spring Creek Pkwy
Plano, TX 75023

When prompted for a car wash, I could not press 'no' because the text on all the buttons were unreadable. So I walked into the building, waited in line for the cashier, who rudely told me to go move my car to another pump.

I told him that was unnecessary because he could input the info for me--that is, I didn't want a car wash. With that, he asked for my card, then asked me how much gas I wanted. I told him I didn't know--whatever it took to fill up. He told me to go do it, then return to him to sign.

He then grabbed the card from my hand, and as I turned to go do as he ordered, I spun around and told him I didn't need to do business after all with this company and put up with his rudeness. He replied, "That's fine."

Out the door went. I'll never do business there again, and I'll never do business with 7-Eleven again unless I get an apology.

Thank you.
JM
Ka
  28th of Sep, 2008
i was at 7eleven, last night in williamsburg on jamestown rd, and, there was this person named jermont, said ### you, to his co-worker, in front of my 3 kids, getting 3 slurpees, ...let me also say...that girl(don't know her name) was working on the coffee area, and he so disrespected her!! i am sorry but this was so disrespectful, i will no longer give my buisness to that 7eleven again!! i must admit, i am partial to this girl, shes always so sweet, and makes me feel welcome, and even makes me feel apperciated to be there...i'm sorry but when i heard this and seen this i was pizzed!! thaks for hearing me out!
  2nd of Apr, 2009
-Dave
420 high st, willimantic

I happen to work at a 7-eleven in connecticut. And I'd just like to say ### you both, personally. We're underemployed, and they treat US like ###. Your pussys must really hurt to have to piss and moan. Im 20 years old, and Ill tell you this; I meet a new ### everyday at my store. We hear so many ###in problems we should all have 'bartender' tattooed on our foreheads. Then have the balls to tell me how to do my job? Next customer to try to ### up my day im going to request the address of where they work with a schedule, so I can ### up their day on THEIR time. And I'd like to conclude this with some advice; ### you, have a nice day. Oh yeah...thank you, come again. ###ers.
Gh
  21st of Jan, 2011
The 7 eleven in Kingsley ave and Indian hill blvd in pomona has the rudest customer service ever!
I was buying stuff and some guy in the counter wearing a white tshirt said "no you can't use debit cards here!"" "we get charged $1 or .50" when I was about to pay for some chips and get $1 cash back. ok so why is there a credit card pad where you can buy and pay for anything? there is no sign of ANY REQUIREMENT to pay at all. so everyone can't pay for their items? will he tell this to everyone and loose possible sales? This needs to be fixed.

7-Eleven Logo 7-Eleven