1800Flowers / mother's day complaint

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

1) I spent 90CAD on the bouquet (Fields of Europe) including all the special surcharges for morning delivery, etc. The delivery was late and my mom decided to go shopping after waiting for four hours at home. The flowers and vase were left at the door in a box while she was away, not arranged.
2) On the web picture, I saw bright yellow lilies, red roses and daisies... but the box at the door contained white carnation, chrysanthemum and some small purple flowers. Chinese only send white flowers on funerals... Imagine how my mom would feel on Mother's Day when she opened the box!!!
Being an ocean apart from my mother, I naturally would have to put a lot of trust in the internet service providers for gift delivery because occassionaly I want to show her how much I love her and miss her... I feel betrayed by 1800flowers not because of the $$ I spent on some grocery shop quality flowers but when I imagine how my mom must have felt opening up the box of white carnation and mum... the disappointment on her face...
I am usually quite easy-going but this time I have to let everyone to know my experience... I would not want to see another disappointed face because of 1800flowers.ca...

1800Flowers
1800Flowers

Ka

Comments

• Ac
      12th of May, 2009

This is really disappointing to hear. I have always wondered what the flowers you have sent look like when they get to their destination. No one is going to call you and say "Hey, thanks for the flowers, but they look like you picked them and mailed them yourself!"

• Al
      29th of May, 2009

I agree completely, I ordered an expensive set of flower for mothers day to be delivered on Saturday. But these thugs, cheaters fake the delivery and posted delivery date on thier website, but the floweres were never delivered even after contacting thier automated online reply system.
    I finally requested full refund after two weeks, still waiting for it.
    These guys should be shut down. I will do my best to ask CA atterny General to invetigate this company for misrepresentation and misleading and taking advantage of people.

• Lo
      1st of Jun, 2009

I had the exact experience on Mother's Day. I ordered the same arrangement you did. One for my mother and a second for my Mother N Law. My mother received her flowers, but they were nothing like the pictured arrangement. My mother n law never received her arrangement even though I paid extra for each delivery to be on Saturday. I called customer service and they canceled my mother n law's order and stated that they would issue a full refund. Two days later my mother n law's order arrived at her house. I still haven't received the refund. I emailed 1800flowers and the customer serv rep Ashley Gerhardt replied stating they had processed a full refund on 5/10. I never received the refund. I called customer service today 6/1 and spoke with Marc who said there was some kind of problem that they were working on and someone was going to call me regarding this order. So apparently Ashley lied when she said it had been taken care of. I won't hold my breath regarding the phone call and I will file a complaint with my credit card company. Don't use this service it is a rip off.