1-800-Flowers / terrible service

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I have had not 1, but 3 consecutive bad experiences with ordering flowers via 1-800-Flowers. The first time was for a funeral of a close friends grandmother out of state. Of course I was assured that they would be delivered the day of the funeral. They never showed. When I called them to complain they said there was nothing they could do, but offered me a 20% discount on an order that didn't show up in time for the funeral. I asked them to escalate the issue to UPS. Again, they said there is nothing that they could do since the shipping records showed that the flowers were in UPS' possesion. Knowing that was a complete and total lie, I called UPS directly and after several hours on the phone with them demanded that a UPS supervisor personally take the flowers and drive them to the home of my friends parents who lost their mother. That was only done because I took charge after 1-800-Flowers washed their hands of the situation.

For Mothers Day, I gave them one more chance. (I don't know why) I placed 2 orders for 2 dozen roses be sent to my mother and my daughters mother. After not recieving an e-mail conformation of the order I called them and they said they'd resend one. I never got that either. I called back in the following morning and was told they see the order but they don't know where it is or where the flowers are. I asked to speak to a manager who gave me the same line. I then asked to speak to HIS manager and he told me that he is as high as it goes and he doesn't have a boss there. I told him that I was honored to be speaking to the CEO of 1-800-Flowers. He said that he was not the CEO of the company to which I replied, "Then you DO have a boss Sir!" He stated that somebody should call me back before the day is over to which I disagreed and spent 3 hours on the phone refusing to leave until I got answers. Nothing came of it...Flowers did not show up for Mothers Day and I'm left to pick up the pieces and do my own detective work.

Once upon a time they used to be reliable. That hasn't been the case over the past few years...their service and reliability is so far sub prime it's sad if not illegal for them to be charging people money to be abused. DO NOT USE THEM AS YOUR FLORIST...YOU'LL ONLY BE DISAPPOINTED AND ANGERED!!!

Bh

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2010

My mother recently ordered flowers and experienced the same exact problem. Spent 3 hours on the phone. Flowers are 2 days late. They said they would send complimentary roses but didn't know if any florists would have them in stock? Come to find out they never even put in that order for the complimentary roses. UPS tracking # doesn't even exist. Account never refunded for flower order they couldn't deliver.

• Fl
      11th of May, 2011
    1-800-Flowers - canceled order on mothers day
    Pennsylvania

DISAPPOINTMENT WITH 1-800-FLOWERS.COM
    i had ordered a beautiful flower arrangement for my mom-in-law from 1-800-flowers and they just simply canceled the order the day before without ever notifying me. Apparently they could not find a local florist ????what? how is it possible?
    Anyhow, need i say how disappointed everyone is.
    I will never use them again and encourage everyone else not to.
    Thanks

• Go
      13th of Feb, 2014

I was in the process of placing an order, and found out the price was much higher than what was listed on the website. So I cancelled the order and put in a new order for less expensive flowers. I was told that the first order was cancelled and that the new order would be delivered at 2 pm- this was an order of flowers for my wife for Valentine's Day. I called UPS to confirm the tracking number, but UPS said their tracking order numbers have no resemblance to the number I was given. Additionally, UPS does not deliver at certain times; the order would have been dropped off between 9 am and 4 pm rather than at a specific time. I called Flowers.com right back to cancel, but was told it was too late. I explained that I was given wrong information, that I had just placed the order five minutes before, but they said they could not offer a refund. I then called my credit card company, and they said that there were two charges to the account- so Flowers had double-charged me. I told Mastercard that I had been given wrong information, that I had been told I would receive a confirmation e-mail which never came, and that I had been given a wrong shipping number. Lots going wrong here. Amazing how when I called their voice message said at this time they could not accept any changes or cancellations due to high call volume, and yet when I selected the option to place an order I got right through. So Flowers.com has time to take our money, but no time to back up their service and correct errors made.

• N4
      28th of Mar, 2015
    1-800-Flowers - Orders
    1-800-Flowers
    Montreal
    Canada
    1-800-flowers.ca

BAD BAD BAD SUPER BAD SERVICE!!
    - the gift was nevwr delivered and I've been charced for it!
    - customer servise representatives are not wiling to help!!!
    - never order from them!!