ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Companyelectricity consumption in our condominium building

N Jun 26, 2019

Our condo building... "Wacker" 960 Harris Rd.. is one of 3 here at Prairie Crossing in Grayslake. We have experienced an unexplained extreme over consumption/or at least we have been charged for that during the last few months. In fact our buildings common area electricity usage has in 5 months eclipsed our expected consumption for the entire 2019 year! How we know this reflects an unexplained anomaly is the additional fact that our sister building... "Bennet" 970 Harris Rd...similar to ours in every way...is running at about the expected level of consumption and one half that of our building!!

Our property management company has reportedly appealed to ComEd to inspect the premises for any problems and has been told ComEd will do absolutely nothing!! And ComEd is supposedly concerned that I reduce my usage a bit during peak hours... this problem dwarfs anything a single resident could influence!

I want ComEd out here to ensure they are not at fault. I am not particularly experienced but I am persistent and will approach the Illinois Commerce Commission next if not satisfied with ComEd's response.

Neil Mahoney: Prairie Crossing Condo Assoc. board member