Having problems with ComEd?

+1 800 334 7661 (Residential)
+1 800 955 8237 (Spanish)
+1 877 426 6331 (Business)
+1 888 806 2273 (Assistance Programs)
+1 866 368 8326 (Smart Meter Inquiries)
P.O. Box 805379
Chicago, Illinois
United States - 60680-5379
Payment Address
P.O. BOX 6111, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6111

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ComEd.

Complaints & Reviews

ComEd — shut off of power

Due to some very difficult times with the economy my bills have been late, now comed wants me to pay a...

ComEdloss of power

My name Is Quincy Woods and I am disabled. I've been without power since Monday July 11, 2011 at 7:00 am in the morning till present. I've called and called. The day of the outage I made my intial loss of power call at that time. As I continued to call the automated system told me that power would be restored to my area by 4:30 pm that day. The power was never restored. I called again and finally got a live person and I explained what I was told by the there automated system. The response was the system should have never said that. As of today still no power and I continue to call and still no response of why I was mislead by there system. Respectfully Submitted.

• Ka
      kathleen wolchuk Sep 22, 2013

why is this? com ed has no understanding or care what only the dollar counts not people shame on comed this is the usa where we all thought, even esp, big co would meet us half way this man in this letter fought for this country !give people a break comed and big co!. my own dtr lost her power 9-20-13 had surgery on her leg camehome to a house w/o power son-inlaw called they are saying they cannot come out till 9-23-13 why bill aws paid she has kids to take care of and herself we called and told them this cust service elgin says nothing they can do, till monday? they also work hard and pay their bills there in streamwood, out of elgin, whats wrong comed you guys are one of biggest co in usa dont let us down when we need you the most.pls!

ComEdretrocharging due to previous estimates using highest reading

we recently received our current bill and we were shocked to find out that it was for $705.00 when normally it is 60- 100 dollars. Upon examining the bill, comed was trying to charge us for the previous 12 mos (which we already paid) with the usage reading of 804 kwh the most current month which is also the month where in our ac is crancking due to the heat wave. Apparently according to the customer rep. we were being billed estimates all this time because we have a gate and a dog. My question to her was if there was a problem reading our meter all this time how come they never gave us a notice or a call or a knock on the door since I had been home for the past month anyway. All the rep. could say was she can put us on a payment plan. But I said I am not going to pay if I do not agree with the bill. How can they charge us thesame usage of the only reading they got (apparrently thru the use of binoculars acc. to the rep) apply it to every month of the last year, then subtracted the total to what we already paid. I told the rep. not unless she has proof that the usage for every single month for the last year was 804kwh we are not paying and the only bill we feel we are responsible was last mos. W e then demanded to speak to the supervisor, we were put on hold for an hour with no supervisor pickin up. We decided to call back using another phone only to find out that comed was closed for the day. We also tried e-mailing comed but it seem impossible to fit our complaint with 250 characters limit

• Sh
        ShelieJones Aug 04, 2011

I seem to be having the same issue. In March of this year, I went from having a near 200 dollar CREDIT to OWING almost 500 dollars. Now I'm faced with a shut off notice. How can this be legal?!

• Co
        Consumer Patriot Aug 06, 2011

I see tens of complaints by people on these boards saying that ComEd overcharged them with an "estimated" bill. Most of them are based feelings or nonsense. Most of them are probably right, but they're just going by feelings. I haven't found anybody on these boards that understands the basic reasons why an estimated bill is high.

Let me expose TWO of ComEd's scams, both of which happened to me:
        Scam 1: Untruthful "Previous" meter reading on your first bill resulting in an untruthful bill: FRAUDULENT.
        Scam 2: Estmited "Previous" reading or "Present" reading: INACCURATE, and no credit for over-estimated bill.

One reason you may get an "estimated bill" from ComEd is that you just moved in to a house or multi-unit building in which someone else had previously lived. In at least some of these cases, ComEd will come up with a fraudulent "Previous" (begin) meter reading. These cases include but are not limited to:
        1) You moved in and applied for electricity service for the first time.
        2) You canceled your electricity service at your old home, moved in to a used home, and applied using different personal information like name, phone number, etc..
        3) There are probably other scenarios, but the scenario is not important as the fact that someone else lived there before you.

How do you know what the meter reading was when you moved in? You don't unless you took a picture of the meter or wrote it down the day you took over electricity service. My guess is 98% of people don't do this. How do you know that if you moved in on October 1st, ComEd didn't put into the bill the "Previous" reading from August 20th, so adding 50 days onto the bill? You don't.
        You can only look at the meter when you move it, ask the former tenant for their last bill, or (very inaccurate) estimate it yourself-and ComEd probably won't honor your estimate.

It is simple 5th grade math, people: If ComEd wants to give you an accurate bill for a month, the there must be a "begin" reading AND an "end" reading. The first reading must be truthful, and the end reading must be truthful. If one of the readings is untruthful the bill is fraudulent. If one of the readings is missing or estimated, the bill is what ComEd calls "estimated" ...or what I call "inaccurate".

Let's begin: Look at your bill near the top under "Meter Reading". Look for the words "Actual" or "Estimated".
        Scam 1 demystified: In order for the bill to be truthful, the first reading must be the truth. If the "Previous" reading says "Actual" but it a lie it is not truthful (this is one of the scams committed on me). The first reading said "Actual", but ComEd tried to rely on the fact that I'll use about as much electricity as my neighbors. WRONG: I used almost no electricity, and the bills stayed high. This scam is hard to catch if you do not have a reading from when you moved in or a previous tenant's bill.

Scam 2 demystified: In order for the bill to be accurate, the "Previous" reading must be "Actual" and the present reading must be "Actual". If either the "Previous" or the "Present" meter reading says "estimate", it is an inaccurate bill.

Take note: The "estimate" is probably always going to make a bill's dollar amount higher than the amount it should be- as opposed to lower. I've never heard anyone say "ComEd underestimated my bill! I saved money!" Furthermore, in my experience, ComEd will not give you a credit for an overestimated bill. Has anyone with an estimated ComEd bill ever received a credit for overpaying?

Now let me break down how ComEd committed fraud on me on two counts. This will help you understand the scams.

I moved in and applied for ComEd service through a currency exchange. I did not give them my social security number because I know they're crooks that may abuse the privileged of having it. I also changed my first name to a different version. This resulted in a long delay for my first bill. I got my first bill over 5 months later.

To hide my identity, I'll give you some fake numbers to chew on.
        First Bill: "Previous 134564 Actual; Present 17564 Estimate." <inaccurate because of estimate.
        Second Bill: "Previous 17564 Estimate"; "Present 17811 Actual" <inaccurate because of estimate
        Third bill: "Previous 17811 Actual"; "Present 17950 Actual" <truthful because two truthful points of measure
        Third or Fourth Bill: NO ADJUSTMENT FOR THE ESTIMATED BILL AMOUNTS FROM MONTHS 1 THROUGH 6 (FIRST OR SECOND BILLS). That means the First bill and all others after are <-fraudulent
        In addition it is ridiculous to think that someone came out the day I moved in just to take a reading, therefore
        First Bill: <-fraudulent because of no reading the day I moved in.

I know that the first bill's "Previous" reading had to be fraudulent. Here's how I know: I used an extremely low amount of electricity and I'm the only one that uses it in my home. It was on the 3rd bill, which was 7 months after I moved in where both the Previous and Present readings BOTH stated "Actual". When this third bill arrived the bill proportion dropped to about half the dollar amount of the previous 6 month's average monthly amount. To show proportion using fiction amounts, the bill dropped from about $65 a month to about $34 and I did not change my habits.

Apparently, the scam is that by this time ComEd expected me (and millions of others) to forget what happened months ago. No- it wasn't because I changed usage of appliances. No- it wasn't air conditioning. I know about how much it costs to run the electric in these apartments based on my past experience and by comments of neighbors. Scam 1 Exposed: On the first bill, the "Previous" reading, although it stated "Actual" and looked official, it was a lie!

Scam 2: after ComEd sent me my third bill showing BOTH readings "Actual" and the huge drop in the bill amount, they did not give me a credit from the first 2 bills, which represented over 6 months.

The very first meter reading when I moved in was lowered to a much lower reading. To verify this, I made a special call that took 2 hours: I called ComEd customer service and asked him to give me a begin meter reading. Predictably they cannot because they're trained not to or don't have the info. All they're trained to do is try to get your personal info, bully you into sending money, or send out duplicates of bills. So I was transferred to a "manager". Indeed, the ComEd manager could not give me a begin reading for the month in which I moved in, nor a reading for any day about 30 days before or after I moved in.

COMED BILLING IS BOTH UNTRUTHFUL AND INACCURATE. SCAM 1 AND SCAM 2 EXPOSED.
        Check my other posts in complaintsboard dot com for how to battle ComEd.
        Email me with similar experiences, and with our alliance we can break the monopoly: [protected]@yahoo.com

ComEd — no response after payment

I went through the Helping Hand Program, to get my electric turned back on, Ive been off for eight month...

Com Edfailure to remove refrigerator

I have waited over two years for com ed to pick up an old refrigerator to recycle. I finally got through to them, after being hung up on numerous times. They stated on the phone that I was to have a clear path to refrigerator. I am over 65, I do work. They came on time and went and saw the refrigerator. Then they said I was to get somebody in the house to help me remove the doors to the stairway and outside. I got the basement door removed, by myself. The one man complained that they had been here too long. The other one said that I would have to reschedule. They had been here a total of 5 or six minutes. Plus they did have to wait while I got my dogs crated etc. Now I am stuck putting a door back on. I called to complain and they said they were sorry that I could reschedule.in the meantime I'll have to plug the refrigerator in again and pay someone else to remove my doors when they are supposed to be here? I am supposed to pay someone to wait all day to remove the doors? I am sure that will cost me more than the 35 dollars they are willing to give. The other option is to have the doors all off so they can come in whenever they please. Then my dogs can run out and get out of the yard as the people who pick up the refrigerator will not even close the gate as they did not today. Also anyone else can go in and out of my house at will since there will be no door to stop them. Thsi is not a good program, or it is run incorrectly.

Com Eddefense against com ed's billing practices

Act quickly. Here are a list of organizations to which one can complain about Commonwealth Edison’s billing practices:

Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC)
        Citizen’s Utility Board (CUB)
        Better Business Bureau (BBB)
        message boards on the Internet
        Illinois Attorney General’s office
        district court in which your electricity service is supplied

Based on my past experiences, complaining about ComEd to ComEd or the ICC does nothing to resolve disputes about a deposit or billing. When I told ComEd that I would complain to the BBB, the customer service person seemed to get very concerned and stated strongly, “We’re regulated by the ICC.” This indicated to me that the BBB is more effective than the ICC.

I complained to the BBB and ComEd fought very hard against my complaint. Past the original BBB complaint I sent, I must have had to respond 4 times and missed the 4th. Therefore it may be that ComEd prevented a complaint on their BBB record, but I guarantee they won’t be so lucky next time. Suing is probably the most effective way to recover money.

• Ku
            Kung Fu May 21, 2012

Thank you for your posting. Very helpful.

• Ku
            Kung Fu May 21, 2012

Thank you for your post. Very helpful.

ComEd — deposit, delayed billing and overbilling

ComEd demands a “deposit” from customers which they claim pay bills late.in a past experience the...

ComEd Electricmismanagement of billing corrections

I had complained to ComEd for years stating that I thought the usage amounts were too high on my newly built condo in the Cary Woods subdivision in Cary, Illinois. They had not done anything to investigate the issue. I moved to another state for work, but still kept the condo. Over the past year when no one lived in the property, I noticed that the bills were still coming through with high usage.

Finally I thought to check out the meter number on my bill to the one on my physical meter. The numbers did not match. I then demanded to have someone check out the meter and make the corrections. To my surprise, my meter was half the usage, almost the equivalance of $2, 500 of over billing to me for the last 5 years.

After ComEd had a person come onsite to confirm that not only my condo was wrong, the entire building of 6 units were reversed. When I asked if they were going to correct all of them, they said no! Only if the property ownere calls in to report for those units. So, they would only correct my unit and the other unit that was mixed up. They also stated that it was very likely that other meters in the subdivision were also mixed up, by they would not notify anyone about it. (By the way, I have also notified my property management company to notify the entire subdivision for verification.)

Now it is 4 months later, and still no correction to my billing or reimbursement back to me has been made. They keep saying that it should have been corrected 3 months ago, but now it will take 2 more weeks... each time. I have now called them about 6 times for resolution. I have escalated the issues numerous times, and no one will give me a direct number to call or any other contact to continue moving forward on resolving this issue.

As of today, I still can not get any manager or billing representative to call me back to correct their mistake and pay me back. So I am now notifying everyone of their illegal business practices and recommending that everyone verify their meters and to be aware of the hassles you will receive from this monopoly!

ComEdbecouse they dont do their job I have to pay

I just finished talking to one of ComEd representatives… what a mistake that was. I called to complain about the unexpected high bill that I received this month; it turns out that for the past year I have been paying estimates on my electric bills. According to the representative it is a common practice to give estimates for their meter readings, even for a whole year, without any reason. Now I have to pay this huge bill. I’m hoping someone can give me some advice on how I can report this issue to someone who can do some thing about it.

• Mi
                mister g Jan 24, 2012

i moved in Oct 2017 & called comed to have my service switched when i called it was after hours & i though i had everything taken care of... i called a few days later & made a payment with the sutomated system & it still said my old address but i didnt have time to speak with anyone...i called back maybe a week later & spoke with a live person i wanted to confirm my payment was taken & confirm my services had been switched & i was told yes to both questions. fast forward to today 1-24-12 & comed decides to cut my service off. no letter, no call nothing they just shut it off. i called to ask what the issue was & i was told there was no name on the account & to cap it all i was told i would have to wait for the mistake to be corrected tomorrow hopefully while today it under 30 degrees w/ snow still on the ground & i my significant other has ashma & my 3 yr old daughter will get home from school at 5pm. & what was comeds response "we thats not our problem its yours" even though i had absolutely nothing to do with this so called error & on top of it all i was told i would have to pay another fee whenever i do get my service back on im pretty sure this will be one of my very last conversations with comed im switching to someone else as soon as possible

jobno56 Jan 24, 2012

right - next time pay your damn bill
                and go ahead - try to find another company to give you electricity...
                loser

• Mi
                mister g Jan 24, 2012

this has nothing to do with a bill. clearly you didnt read what i wrote

• Re
                rehoboth medical inc Jul 10, 2013

WE JUST RENTED AN OFFICE SPACE IN SOUTH CHICAGO HEIGHTS IL FOR OUR NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS. SO WE REQUESTED FOR OUR ELECTRIC TO TURNED ON BECAUSE THE ELECTRIC WAS OFF WHEN WE GO THE BUILDING, BEFORE WE REQUESTED THE ELECTRIC TO BE TURNED ON WE TOOK THE METER READING WHICH WAS (1898). ON JANUARY 30, 2017 OUR ELECTRIC WAS FINALLY TURNED ON AFTER WAITING FOR THREE WEEKS.
                THEN CAME THE FIRST BILL FOR JUST SEVEN DAYS OF USEAGE OF $264.95 WITH A STARTING READING OF (0) AND A END USAGE OF (1968) IN JUST SEVEN DAYS. I CALLED COMED AND SPOKE TO MANAGER AND SHE SAID IT WAS WRONG AND WOULD BE CHANGED AND THAT I SHOULD JUST PAY THE BILL AND IT WILL BE CREDITED BACK TO ME; SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 45DAYS. AFTER 45DAY I GOT A LETTER FROM COMED SAYING THE BILL WAS CORRECT AND NO CHANGES WOULD BE MADE.

• Do
                Do Not Display Name Jun 16, 2014

On Thursday June 12, a huge branch from a tree fell on to our electric wires, threatening to snap the wires anytime. I complained to Comed immediately, and they agreed it is a dangerous situation. They said someone would be out the next day, but actually did not send our request out until the next day. I called the next day and they told me to call again in a couple of hours to find out when a person has been scheduled. I called that night and they said someone should be out in the morning. Nothing happened all weekend. Today, its been 4 days and a woman called Katie says they have an agreement with IL state that they can take up to 30 days to remove a branch from a wire that is threatening to break and rectify a dangerous situation!! The branch is probably heavier than me and it is quite amazing the wire hasn't broken as yet.

ComEdover-charging

ComEd has been increasing my bill slowly all year without any changes in my household but I did not question it. I just paid my bill each month; however, my November 2010 bill was 414.74 which is more than 3 times what it has been in the previous months (almost 6 times what it was last year this time). I disputed it. They say it is right. My December 2010 bill is 562.94 (still increasing!). They cannot offer any explanation to why my bill would triple, now quadruple within two months time. They basically have the attitude that I just have to pay it. Who can afford electricity of 592.94 a month and still rising? That's rent for some people. Nothing in my house has changed this is ridiculous and they are basically bullying consumers because they have a monopoly on this industry.

• Co
                  ComEd ripoff Feb 09, 2011

I'm in exactly the same boat and I don't know what to do about it. Have you done anything? Filed with the ICC? I'm at a loss!

ComEdovercharges

I am completely dumbstruck. Last month ComEd quadrupled (this is an exact, not an estimation) my electricity bill. Never in the last year and a half of service have I ever had to deal with such a problem.

Last month the company failed to physically read my reader, so whichever bimbo was in charge of tending to my estimation, they must have assumed that I had overindulged on the the light usage. I am one person, who is home four hours a day, and that time is used for sleeping, not flicking the lights on and off in Morris-Code into the wee hours of the morning to the building across the street, nor are they used as strobe lights to hold chic raves for the trendy youth.

Frustrated, I called and tried to get ahold of someone to assist me in their error, and adjust the ballooned charge. Much to my dismay, I couldn't get out of their automated system to speak with anything other than a cocky voice recording. After trying to submit my meter reading for this month (a choice I was not made aware of until this atrocity had already bitten a portion of my earnings) through the ComEd webpage, I discovered that they would not allow me to submit my accurate reading because it fell WELL below their estimate from last month.

If I had a pair, ComEd would be yanking me by them. However, I sit here, trying to figure out what my options are to protest and avoid another inflated bill. Any advice?

Angel22 Mar 16, 2012

Please contact to enroll in clean energy with lower rates. thank you! Angela Phillips at [protected]@yahoo.com

ComEd — disconnection of service

In May of 2010, I filed for energy assistance through ILHEP because I had lost my job, and my ex husband did...

Com Edbill after questioning worker

My wife, kids and I were walking out the back of our single family home. My wife was startled at something, and there was a Com ed meter reader in my back yard. He did not attempt to see if we were home by ringing the bell or knocking on the door. So I asked him why he didn't see if we were home. He mumbled something, never looking up and went on about his business. Flash forward to this week, we received our Com ed bill and it was $316. This years' coldest month of Feb 2010, we only paid $80 or so.com-Ed

Chicago, IL 60618

Date Meter Reading Previous Present Difference Temp (Avg)

Aug 20, 2009 ACT 8664 ACT 8815 151 73'
                  Sept 21, 2009 ACT 8815 EST 8953 138 66'
                  Nov 18, 2009 EST 9078 EST 9196 118 51'
                  Feb 22, 2010 EST 9278 ACT 9812 534 27'
                  Mar 23, 2010 ACT 9812 EST 228 416 38'
                  Apr 21, 2010 EST 228 ACT 312 84 51'
                  May20, 2010 ACT 312 EST 382 71 55'
                  June 21, 2010 EST 383 EST 480 97 70'
                  July 21, 2010 EST 480 EST 637 157 76'
                  Aug 19, 2010 EST 637 EST 802 165 77'
                  Sept 20, 2010 EST 802 EST 942 140 71'
                  Questioned Meter Reader Oct 10, 2010
                  OCT 28, 2010 EST 942 ACT 3502 2565 62'
                  ACT (Actual Meter Reading) EST (Estimated usage)

So you tell me, is this an innocent mistake or is a Com ed worker who was asked a questioned trying to up my bill?

comed exelon companypoor service

on [protected] we realized we had an electric problem in our home we purchased a few months before, so we call our home warranty provider and have an electrician sent out on [protected] just to tell us our electric lines to our panel have bad lines coming from com ed, thanks 100.00 well spent, so we give com ed a call get put on hold 45 mins finally get to talk to a rep for com ed and get some one to come out the next day [protected] they show up at 4:30 pm and leave a comment card saying they replaced the line, so when we come home and see the comment card we check the problem, well wat ya know the problem is still there, so after calling com ed back they come back out 2 weeks later to fix the problem, guess wat the problem is still there, unstood of changing their bad wire their technician just scraped the wire connection and cleaned it, guess wat the problem is still there, so i call com ed get put on hold again they finally call back an hr later and tell me their tech came out and changed the wire i explain to the rep i'm not an electrician but i know the differance between a new wire and an old one, now the story changes to oh maybe he needed more parts, do they mean the parts they needed the first time they came and said they changed the wire?we're not rich but we try our best to keep up with our bills, and pay our taxes, we are not asking for a hand out and filing a bogush claim, we just want what comed is suppose to provide to their paying customers(working and up to date electric service...)

ComEdover billing delay in charging for service & outragous charges

After paying monthly bills, 10 months later, Comed sent a bill for over $1, 000.00. Comed said the original bills were estimate bills and were mistakes, after long conversion with ComEd rude personnel, unreturn calls, incorrect information placed on account, re-adjusted incorrect billing. But I started paying the current monthly balance and extra 100.00 on prevoius balance. But this month wasn't able to sent payment by due date. So, a disconnect bill shows up for entire balance of 700.00. So, I called ComEd 8/16 to state I didn't have all that money at once, and informed the Customer Service Rep that I would pay last month bill $170+ and $100. extra for past on Friday 8/20. She stated that I needed to pay today$290.00+, and be placed on payment plan. After informing her that I didn't have it, and I would have it by Friday, and since I've been paying extra 100.00 monthly. Her response was that I can't set up what I want to pay, and that I should a payment plan on past due of $85.00 along with current. But I have been paying $100.00, which is 15.00 more than payment plan. Also, she stated that the balance was $1195.00 which included new bill of 298.+ and previous. After more than 40 minutes of rude conversion with Com Ed rep and 30 minutes holding before I even got her. I expressed that she was rude, and I would like to speak with Supervisor, her response was why?, they would tell me the same things. I still insisted that I speak with supervisor or collection dept, to state that I would pay this Friday 8/20. Finally, she stated that she would put in a request for supervisor to call back and it would take over 1-3 day and service will be disconneted and with 690 calls on hold. I informed her that I don't have the money and I will paid Friday, after explaining that my husband is out of work. After all that, I really wanted to tell her that if Com Ed would treat their customer better that 690 people wouldn't be on hold.

• Gi
                          girlfedup47 Sep 17, 2010

I, ve had some bad experiences with ComEd and other companies . All they are out to do is take your money, the service that the offer is indicating you need us we don, t need you.

ComEd — [redacted]

Consumers are getting ripped-off by one-and-only residential power company in Illinois, by BIG BULLY - ComEd...

ComEdunauthorized debit charge

I had made a payment to ComEd through my bank's Online Bill Pay. Which sends them the money electronically, if unable then they mail them a check. I did this to avoid the $3.50 charge from making payment over the phone. They denied the electronic payment from my bank and then charged to my account including the $3.50 charge. So now I am left with 2 charges from ComEd and none of the customer service reps can handle the mental capacity of what is going on to assist me. I had to go through my bank to claim a dispute based on an unauthorized charge to my account. Still is inconvenient and ComEd is probably the worst merchant I pay monthly.

• De
                            deek Sep 30, 2009

COM ED is a MONOPOLY and NOONE in ILLINOIS can see it!!
                            The polititians are too busy getting bribes to see what Com Ed is doing to its consumers. We can complain all we want, but NOTHING will be done and we cant choose another electric company because there isnt one!!
                            COM ED SUCKS!

• Tu
                            TURNED DOWN Oct 10, 2009

i've got a good one i was shut off in march '09 i went on their payment plan i lost my job & missed 2 payments along w/ what i owed for the monthly bill i went to ceda to get help only after calling ceda to check the status of my application i was told that i had to make a good faith effort payment of$75 so i had to borrow the money to do it then i had to go to the ceda office so they could fax the reciept a week later i was told that i approved for $1, 183 i called com ed the next day to see when my power would be back on & i was told that ceda did try to make a payment but it was rejected b/c it wasn't the full amount($1, 985)why would they turn down that much money in this economy????i've been w/o power for over 2 months now and i was told that i can't go on another payment plan until nov.and to make matters worse my downstairs neighbors informed the city(I live in a suburb right outside of the city)that we were w/o power & the city put up a no occupancy notice & 1 last thing it used to be that com(or should i say con)ed couldn't shut you off from nov.15th-march or april 15th but i was told by their rep that if the daily temp is above 35 degrees they can shut you off i hope that i can help someone else out before they go through what my family & i have been through GOOD LUCK &GOD BLESS YOU

ComEd — deposit request

I have been with ComED approximately a year now. Until recently my bills were always paid on time. However...

Com Edthe company

Com Ed sent me a letter in the mail stating that they were charging me a second deposit for service. have had this service for over a year, it has never been turned off. I haven't received a disconnect notice of any kind. They called me last week and a recording said my service would be disconnected if I didn't pay $172.00. Only $100.00 was due at the time. I called ComEd and asked a service rep why ould they call me and say that when I have never received a disconnect notice her response to me was "They are just doing that to get people to hurry up and pay their bill". I received the automated call on about the 9th of April they said it would be disconnected on the 13th of April.

ComEd — illegal practices

Either I or may Bank made a mistake, and sent my mortgage payment of 774.52 to Comed, and my $48 electic...