Having problems with ComEd?

ComEd Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 334 7661 (Residential)
+1 800 955 8237 (Spanish)
+1 877 426 6331 (Business)
+1 888 806 2273 (Assistance Programs)
+1 866 368 8326 (Smart Meter Inquiries)
P.O. Box 805379
Chicago, Illinois
United States - 60680-5379
Payment Address
P.O. BOX 6111, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6111

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ComEd Customer Service. Initial ComEd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ComEd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ComEd. Discuss the issues you have had with ComEd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ComEd Complaints & Reviews

ComEdLighting

I live next to the ComEd switching facility on Swift Rd. in Glen Ellyn. They have installed extremely bright spot lights that are positioned so that they are shinning directly into my home. They come on and off all night long disturbing our sleep. I have tied many times and many different ways to address this issue with ComEd and keep getting assurances that the situation is being addressed. However, after months, nothing is happening and the lights are going on and off even more frequently then they were before making the complaint!

Lighting

ComEdCom Ed Late Fees and Deposit Requirement

I have been at my current address and using Com Ed for 20 years. I have never missed a monthly payment.
    Now, after constantly changing their due dates, they claim that I am 'late'. I have always paid my bills on the 15th, yet somehow I'm suddenly late because they moved their billing date.
    This is obviously an intentional scheme to extract extra fees and 'deposits' from their customers.

I contacted them and asked them to bill me to coincide with my pay day (the 15th of every month), instead of billing me right afterward. They refused and demanded the late fees and deposit or else they would cut my power.

If this is not resolved reasonably, I will be forced to contact my State Representative and possibly file a class-action lawsuit. I'm sure that there are plenty of other Illinoisans who are being shaken down by these crooks.

ComEdLack of service

ComEd has failed to address an issue of the power leading into my factory. Occasional spikes are causing us loss of product, equipment repair, production down time, etc! My electrician for in the warehouse has repeatedly attempted to "work with" ComEd to help rectify the issue but ComEd seems to not want to do this. ComEd should work with my contractor and resolve the issue together rather that have the linesman tell me the customer "we only care about power coming to your building, not what happens inside"

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Companydisconnection

On Tuesday October 29 2019 com Ed shut off my service when it was 40 degrees outside. I have talked to a service rep that comes into my store and I asked if they can do that. And she said no. Especially when they check to see what the temps are to be at night and rest of week. So since then it has been in the 30s and today on Halloween it's snowing and cold. Very disappointed in com Ed for treating a customer who is a senior citizen. When I called to get it turned on I asked how much and they said past due of x amount of dollars. At least nicor makes a deal with u to extend the payment so u can pay x amount to get turned back on. So ashamed in your company for treating senior citizens like this. And yes I applied at liheap and there gonna tell me I make to much money. So all winter I will have no heat. SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!! Irene marquez [protected]

Jun 26, 2019

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — electricity consumption in our condominium building

Our condo building... "Wacker" 960 Harris Rd.. is one of 3 here at Prairie Crossing in Grayslake. We have...

Mar 17, 2019

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — power to house

Thursday night we lost partial power to the house. This is a recurring problem in our location being in the...

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — being charged a deposit

I am being charged for a deposit that is way too much because I had been late paying. I have never been...

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — customer service

On 09/17 at 3:10 I was on a call with a supervisor name Jackie ID #2396 and she had a really nasty attitude...

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — current surges

My business is located at 570 W. Armory Drive in South Holland. We have again been affected by a current...

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Companymoving transformer

I am so disappointed in comed I do not know where to start. We were supposed to close on my new construction home this coming tuesday, may 29th. We found out about a week the city will not approve our final inspection because the comed transformer box was installed 2 foot higher than on the plans. The builder has contacted comed multiple times to have this lowered and corrected but they will not commit to a new date and keep saying they will be out in the next few weeks. We have a rate lock with the bank for our mortgage that can no longer be extended and if we lose the rate by not closing because of comed our loan will cost us $90k more over the term of the loan. We have also incurred legal fees because our attorney has been with the village to see if we can get an exception of occupancy but that is only done for weather related reasons. Comed's lack of prompt response and attention to this urgent matter has made our lives hell this past week. We are so disturbed by the lack of care and promptness of this company... And we still have no solution or answer to this matter.

ComEd / Commonwealth Edison Company — smart meter pressure

I am writing this complaint in reference to the harsh treatment and bullying of COM Ed within Chicago...

ComEdpublic safety by comed drivers

This morning I witnessed a COMED pickup truck perform a "u" turn in the middle of Broadway St in Coal City, IL. This particular street is posted "No Left Turn For Parking" along both sides of the street as a safety measure. How is a "u" turn any safer than an illegal left turn. Who would be the responsible party of record if an injury had occured, the "company" or the driver?

ComEdpower restore an food spoilage

I called comed for emergency. On 12-04-17 for Power line down an live an on my vehicle. Comed never came. On 12-05 17 day later I payed for power to be cut by electrician. I did repair an called comed to come and restore power on 12-05-17 they said ok but no show until 12-7-17 the tech pulled in my yard never gets out ask about my dogs. Was advised to put dogs away or stand outside until he do work. I replied ill take dogs inside. As I went to take dogs in the tech left. I called comed an talk to supperviser I was advised they would return when I put dogs away they would come right back. No show. I've called constantly an was lied to no one showed. So I talk to a supperviser on 12-8-17 to learn that they not coming until 12-11-17 because of security reasons. I ask what security reason they response the dogs. I replied my animals are inside for two days. Well I called my local fire department for the problem. Comed response to the department was the line not live. Fire department response yes it is. Comed response the resident there is making faux calls so they not coming. Fire response get out here its a danger. Comed response we will come niece the sheriff's are there because the residents threatened the worker. I never threatened no one an the worker that did come never got out the truck never put truck in park and he lied about being threatened. You coming to restore my power I called yall why would I sick dogs on him or threaten them or call comed just to harass them for. They never done nothing wrong to me. Now I've lost $300.00 in food I need compensation please give me a call or a letter in correspondent please. They tried to get me arrested. And no apologies from them

• Sh
                  Shaun R. Dec 10, 2017

Unfortunately, Ricky, when it's beyond their control, they do not reimburse for lost food.

ComEdcustomer care

My power was disconnected a tech came out and said "he had to put an order in and would atleast call me to say a day." No such call occurred I then call customer care. They could not give me any details either I asked to speak with a manager. I told of my situation of haveing 4 children and two seniors living in my home. I then proceeded to tell her I was using a generater I asked if she could atleast give me some information as to a day. All she could do is laugh at my situation and say 3-5 days.in which this would actually be 7 days without power since there was a weekend. At this point I was furious as to how careless and unprofessional this supposed seasoned worker that is in a manager position was. I then told her how she could laugh she denied then when I asked for her information to lodge a complaint is when she became professional which by this point her being so rude, unprofessional and just plain callous was not appreciated. This employee was Stacy ext. 2315 was the only information she would provide no last name no facility where I can send a complaint. This was by far the worst show of professionalism or lack of I have ever come accross.

• It
                    ITisME1 Oct 13, 2017

This issues are everywhere. I am in Texas and they are very rude here, they don't care is not their house. Good luck trying to speak with a real manager because must of the time they use each other and pretend they are managers.

ComEdpower being restored in my business.

I have been calling ComEd and had employees calling ComEd since August 17, 2017 at night to get my power restored in my tavern. They said they would get someone out on Friday, August 18 but no one came. I had someone there since 12 in the after noon like they asked and I came personally at 4pm and no one showed up. I lost business for a day and half and still have yet to receive a call back or anything concerning my business' power being restored. I informed them that my breaker was heating up but they just said they would contact me as soon as someone could come when I called again on August 18 around 7pm. I lost money and possibly clients because of this.

ComEd — having no electricity for 2 days.

We loss our electricity because of roof top problems so we called ComEd people and they said that they gonna...

ComEd — unauthorized usage

I moved out of 650 S York Road, Bensenville, Illinois on June 15 2016 with proof of signing a new lease with...

ComEdelectricity

I lee Lucas live at 7643 s east end apt 2w Chicago. My electric bill spiked from about average $50 a month for the months of April and May for no apparent reason. I call comed and they gave me no explanation. Then it dropped back to normal, I got threatened with disconnection notices if I didn't pay. I feel I should be credited with a refund. I been here two years and my bill always normal about $50. No one checked the meter or gave me an explanation

electricity

ComEd — large service trucks in private parking lot

We would like to place a complaint regarding 3 of your vehicles for placing poles. Without asking they...

Com Edbeing billed for services stated to have been in my name at an old address.

I was divorced and away from the billing address where services were alledged to have been provided in 2008 and since that time filed bankrupt in 2014 as result to divorce and detachment of all accrued bills during the
                      marriage. Anything to do with that location has no attachment to me which makes sense after the filing. If there were services provided, those that received such services should be billed. I was t old by the Com Ed rep in so many words, She didn't care as long as I paid the outstanding amount and start with paying today or my services where I live will be disconnected on May 18, 2017. My bill that I owe is $34.39 not $727.79
                      Her bully tactics were as if I were in every way guilty regardless of what happened. I'm sure if there were meter readings the place was probably vacant. The rep said that I should have had the service turned off. I never had it turned on... I will contact the Dept. Of Consumer Services.