Clayton Homescontract

H

Made a deposit on a 32' X 64' Riverland "floor model" home, spent 3 months looking for a suitable site, negotiated and made an acceptable offer on the land with deposit, was approved for mortgage financing with rates acceptable to me.
This is a 2008 model, fully furnished that we were told they were "looking to move because a newer show model was comming". List was 129, 900. Sale price was 99, 900. The lot is already cleared, has city water and adjacent elec, culvert and driveway already in, needs to have septic (modad) installed and a pad.
All-in all, with the reduction in price of the home and the lot 75% ready, and financing onboard, this would have appeared to be a done deal.
Now, Andy and Matt (the finance person and the mananger) tell us the total package won't meet appraiasal!
HUH? They tried to tell me the square footage vs the number of bedrooms (1920sqft, 3bdr, 2bath) was messing up the appraisial. ###!
I have considerable time, money, and effort invested in this transaction only to be told at the very end that it wasn't going to meet the appraisial criteria.
They attempted to get me into a plain jane unit that was nothing like the floor model.
This is the apitomy of a bad faith deal. They had no intention of selling me the unit I put a deposit on. I'd been to the dealership 4 or 5 times throughout all this searching and financing and it wasn't till I was approved for financing that this "failure to meet appraisial" stuff came up.
Looking for a real estate attorney.