Having problems with Clarks?

Clarks reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 8, 2006. The latest review clarks shoes was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint clark flip flops/sandals was resolved on May 04, 2019. Clarks has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 153 reviews. Clarks has resolved 52 complaints.

Clarks Customer Service Contacts

800 2500 2525 (European Countries)
1800 760 367 (Australia)
+44 145 889 9904 (United Kingdom)
+1 800 211 5461 (United States)
+62 212 252 2270 (Indonesia)
+60 355 694 868 (Malaysia)
+65 64 766 619 (Singapore)
+66 27 908 105 (Thailand)
40 High Street
Somerset
United Kingdom - BA160EQ
The United States
60 Tower Road, Waltham, MA 02451

Canada
2881 Brighton Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6H 6C9

Indonesia
PT. Anglo Distrindo Antara, Green Sedayu Biz Park, DM 5 № 31 I, Jl. Daan Mogot KM. 18, Jakarta 11840

Malaysia
Level 2, Wisma Samudra, № 1, Jalan Kontraktor U1 / 14, HICOM-Glenmarie Industrial Park, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Singapore
11 Chang Charn Road № 02-01 Shriro House Singapore 159640

Thailand
2535 Sukhumvit Road, Bangchak, Phrakhanong, Bangkok 10260, Thailand

Turkey
Gayrettepe Mah.Yıldız Posta Caddesi Gayrettepe53 Ofis1 PK 34349 Gayrettpe, Beşiktaş Istanbul, Turkey

United Arab Emirates
Dubai, JLT, Cluster T, 1 Lake Plaza

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Clarks Customer Service. Initial Clarks complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Clarks above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Clarks. Discuss the issues you have had with Clarks and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Clarks Complaints & Reviews

Clark ShoesTorn up

I have the same problem. Was sitting in church a few weeks ago when i felt a breeze on my right foot. Looked down and found that the entire side of the shoe had come loose. The stitching came right out of the disintegrating rubbering material that they were attached to. I could not even walk because it was flapping on my foot. Had to take the shoe off to walk out. . . And i was in the choir!! The next wervice the shoe on the other foot did the same thing. So i was barefoot for the rest of the morning. I checked the other clark's shoes in my closet and found that most of the others were about to do the same thing, and one pair (My favorit) the sole was totally disintegrating and chunks falling out. I contacted clark's with the problem, and they emailed me with another number i need to call. I will be calling this week and if they don't do something to reimburse me, i don't plan to buy clark's again.

• Cr
      CRayXO Dec 12, 2014

I've gone through 3 pairs of Clarks, two of which were replacements. It's like a reverse lottery: you never know when you step out the door that day if you will lose the sole lottery and have your shoes fall off. Now, just had a pair of Born clogs split in half horizontally on my way in to work. I have worn these shoes maybe 20 times over the course of the 2 years I have owned them.

Apparently, we consumers must now install humidifiers inside our closets to prevent dry rot from crappy Chinese made rubber. These companies want to position themselves as high quality, cite hand-crafted, etc. but they don't tell you, oh, yeah, those rubber soles? Don't count on 'em. Plan to carry backup footwear with you "just in case." Oh, and never walk on: a blade of grass, it might have chemicals on it. A damp sidewalk, that might affect the rubber too. Come to think of it, don't actually WEAR the shoes, just put them on display. That's the safest bet. And, oh, if you don't have a receipt, too bad.

• Ly
      lynn aronson Jan 17, 2014

I have had to throw 15 pairs of clarks in the trash. That is a lot of money. What is clark willing to do about this? The shoe are comfortable, I love the shoe but they are to expensive for this to happen. I keep reading the complaints. What are we the consumer going todo. I am not sure about you but I want my money back.

JaypeainTexas Sep 18, 2012

I agree. I've had this occur with Clarks and BORN shoes. The soles disintegrate and leave black foam pieces everywhere. Extremely disappointed.

• Ra
      Rather Dissapointed Dec 02, 2011

Re Clark shoes, The soles of my FOURTH pair have just disintegrated..looks like a lot of rather sticky and friable expanded foam. The shoes were not cheap and only worn once. Prevoous pairs which have failed on the sole (same problem) after a few uses have been "polyvelt" sneaker type. Really nice looking shoes but complete rubbish.
      I will never buy Clarks again and would advise others against buying shoes from this rubbish manufacturer.

• Be
      Betty Faith Nov 22, 2011

I have had the same problem with five pair of my Clarks. Several are relatively new shoes and are separating from the sole. Three pair I throw away. I kept two pair just in case Clarks would question my problem.

• Ad
      adiciae Sep 16, 2011

I bought my first clark shoes (flavour sugar, 148 SGD) two weeks ago in Singapore. Since they are expensive, I only used them in the office. Now the inner sole tore apart, I can see the stitches and the rubber is tearing apart too. I am very disappointed. Due this very bad experience I am sure of never ever wanted to buy any clark shoes again nor appreciate them anymore. Buying clark shoes was a real act of waste of money !

Clarks Shoes — soles come off

I have approximately 15-20 pairs Clarks shoes that I have purchased over the past 8 yrs. I love the fit...

Clarks — Poor quality

I bought one pair of shoes made in Romania in Clarks Dublin city centre on this friday 30 of october, worn...

Clarks Shoessoles came off

I have several pair of Clarks shoes, which I really do like and enjoy wearing. I have been wearing them for several years. The Blue pair I "had" the soles came off them, just were hanging on in one place. The #34584 size 5M Blue Zoe, of course they were my favorites because they go with jeans and slacks.
    I have a hard time finding a 5M shoe any where, but I always buy them when I find my size.
    Just wanted to let you know about the soles coming off and I did read where someone else had the same problem.
    Do you all do any replacement or any help on your part?
    You can advise me of your decision at my e-mail [protected]@att.net
    Sue Hedden

10-3-09

• Pa
        Patricia Kopinetz Nov 15, 2011

I had a pair of Clarks last year that fell apart. I called them and they sent me a new pair. Well, the same thing happened, the sole is coming apart from the upper shoe. I feel if I call again they'll think I'm just looking for free shoes, which I'm not' I've been buying Clark shoes for at least 20 yrs and I never had any problems before. I assure you I will not be buying any more Clark shoes.

• Re
        Reada Napper Mar 05, 2011

I have had Clark shoes for several years and love the feel of them. At the present time that is all I wear except for dress shoes on Sunday. I have had the top come loose from the soles on 3 pairs. All 3 pairs the stitches and rubber strip on the soles just come off. The tops of the shoes remain in excellent condition. Please reply to me with what you can do to help me. I would just like replacements. Reada [email protected]

• Lo
        Louise Waldman Nov 24, 2010

I have a pair of Clark Shoes No.08.98 3211-3 size 81/2.Can you make this right with me to get a new pair.

• Lo
        Louise Waldman Nov 24, 2010

I have a pair of Clark shoes and I just love them but my soles came off the shoe. I took them to a cobblers to fix and he said he can't fix them. They are not that old . The No. of my shoes is 08.98 321 1-3 size 81/2. Will you do anything about this problem?

from [email protected] Thank You

• Na
        Nancy VonDeylen May 06, 2010

I have two pair of Clark Springers and the soles came off both of them. They feel so good on my feet. Can't you do anything about the soles.

Could you replace them? I got rid of the 1st pair, but still have the mules.

Nancy VonDeylen
        1130 Jonathon Ln #16
        Neenah WI 54956

• Jm
        jmtoo Nov 02, 2009

I have had soles come off two pair of Clark's shoes and the store where I bought them refused to do anything about it. I won't buy Clark's again and recommend anyone that reads this to stay away from this brand.

Clark ShoesSoles fell apart

Clark Shoes Complaints - Soles fall apart!

Soles fall apart!

I am writing to tell you how disappointed I have been in the quality of Clark shoes. The soles just fell apart. Therefore I'm forced not to purchase your shoes, even though I like them. I believe it is a problem with your materials used on the rubber soles. I am hoping the company will do something to correct this problem and reimburse my money.
      This happened on a pair only worn a few times. They disintegrated

• Pa
          PAM NEELEY Mar 06, 2011

I was coming out of the Memorial Auditourim in Chatt, Tn and my shoes were getting very loose and large not knowing what was going to happen next... got home and started to get out of my truck and the shoes just fell completely off my feet... so thankful this didn't happen while coming out of the gospel singing... it was cold out... I would have been in a big mess...not only one but both of them did...

• Do
          Dorothy S. Jan 19, 2011

I have a pair of clog type Clark shoes that I wore just a couple of times and the sole has just crumbled beyond repair. I love the shoes and wish I could wear them, can I get reimbursed or another pair just like I have.
          I always felt that Clarks was a top of the line brand of shoes, there is nothing top of line with shoes that fall apart with very little wear. I have shoes I bought from Walmart that have lastest longer than my clarks did. I have not thrown them away yet, but they can not be worn...what can I do???? D. Snyder disappointed clark shoe owner.

• Ra
          Railhas Dec 10, 2010

I am both sad and glad that others are having the same problem I am with Clarks. I had some Clarks hurache clogs that I wore one day and something felt wierd enough to demand my attention, so I looked down and saw the right shoe's leather top came right off the sole and my foot was hanging out. I was not at home, either! The same thing happened to me today with my other pair of Clarks, shoes this time, again, not at home. I can see how somebody could trip and fall under these circumstances.

I already threw the clogs away, unfortunately, but I am going to contact the company and demand satisfaction. I have a lot of shoes, so none of them gets much wear, and that isn't the reason for the self-destruction of my shoes! I agree with you all- what a drag to have expensive shoes from a trusted company to let us down.

• Je
          jerry graham Dec 04, 2010

yhis is the second shoes that have fallen apart i have had at least a dozen pair and i love them but am so upset over this pair the soles is coming apart the other pair sole ripped a wasy from the leather i threw that pair away have the red pair what do i need to do ..jerry graham

• We
          Wendy Thornton Oct 27, 2010

Soles fell off the shoe. See pictures

Wendy Thornton.

• Li
          liz harmuth Aug 14, 2010

I also have a complaint with Clark's shoes, soles of my sandals fell apart while on a trip out of town, how very imbarassing and inconvenient
          they are called SPRINGERS !!!
          thank you !!!

• Cl
          Clarks Lover Dec 01, 2009

CLARKS PROBLEMS SOLVED!!! FYI - I, too, have worn Clarks for years - sudddenly several pairs started falling apart just below the stitching on the rubbery material. I've also had some crack open on the bottom. Clearly a manufacturing defect. HOWEVER, I called Clarks [protected] and requested an RMA. They are sending me a label to return the 4 defective pairs I know of and will replace them with the shoes of my choice!!! They told me to go online and pick them out and send a note in the box. I'm going home tonight to inspect all the remaining pairs in my closet and so are my friends. The Clarks rep told me they had some defective material in these older shoes and that the problem doesn't exist in the new ones. We'll find out!

Clarks ShopBeware

I want to lodge a strong complaint against your shop's attitude of labeling all product prices lower and charging higher at till and expecting customer to recheck what they have been changed.
        I bought three pairs of shoes at your Hatfield Outlet and inspite of displaying £25 label was charged £27 pounds. On contacting the shop and your customer care I have been told I should have checked the price at till before paying - its my mistake.
        I will definitely spread a word of mouth about this attitude of clarks to everyone I know and assure you you have lost a royal customer.
        With best wishes for great future for your company with this kind of attitude.

Clarks Shoesdangerous heel

The beautiful looking and comfortable Clarks brand shoes caused me to fall. I have had these shoes only for 2 months and they caused me to trip head first and the second time sideways causing great pain. I turned to go to my right and the right shoe turned my ankle straight down and I fell on my right side hitting my right hip, shoulder and head. I was taken to the emergency room and was given x rays! Something in the design of the wedge type heel caused this fall. The name of the shoe is Clarks Artisan. My friend who also bought this same pair of shoes also fell in our company parking lot and had many scrapes and bruises from her fall.

• Ke
              ketrn Jan 23, 2012

I have had the identical problem with 2 of the 3 pairs of Clarks clogs/shoes I have owned. The first pair, when they fell apart, I assumed it to be bad luck and I threw them out. The 2nd pair, which I got cheaply at a thrift store, ironically, are going strong. However, the uppers of the 3rd pair, new condition, purchased only last week and worn just 3 times, have completely separated from the sole on the length of the inside of the right shoe and there is a 1 1/2 inch area of separation on the left one. I would have them repaired, but I really don't see how they could be repaired because of the design defect noted in your complaint. So disappointed because these shoes are so very comfortable! Amazing that this company could stay in business with so many customers experiencing a similar problem with what are rather expensive shoes. I have never had any shoes fall apart before, not even cheap ones!

• Bl
              Blair764 Mar 31, 2010

I was recently wearing a pair of clarks (clunky looking shoe, but deceptively tapered heel) and I turned, went over on the heel, twisted my ankle and have a torn tendon.

• In
              Ingram Jun 25, 2009

I'm NOT HAPPY with a pair of "Ingram" White/Pink tong sandals just purchased on 6-20-09. The RIGHT ONE slips off and the inner sole is leather, but since it is SLIPPERY, for a tong backless sandal, the shoes are impossible to WEAR. Since I wore them twice, I'm afraid the store will NOT give me a credit or do ANYTHING for the $60 pair of sandals I purchased, supposedly, on sale. I'd never buy another pair of Clark's.

Clarks Shoe — £70 but dis-integrated from sole in the first day I wore

For the past 20 years, I trust Clarks so much and believe its quality. However, last year, I bought a pair of...

Clarks Shoes — Defective shoes

I have worn Clarks for well over 20 years and my last pair of 3 buckle sandles, which are fairly new, are...

Clarks Shoes — Soles disintergrate

I am now on my FOURTH pair of Clarks that have soles that disintegrate. I've bought Clarks for year...

Clark Black Rhonda Shoesshoes hurt top of my toes

I bought a pair of your shoes at Macys in Eugene, Or and I wore them for a couple of hours and they made blisters on the tops of my toes. They are really rough. I really like Clark shoes but these hurt. The name of the shoes are Rhonda, the number on the box is 88110. What can I do with them? Clark shoes aren't cheap. Thank you.

Helen Schulz

my email address is [protected]@yahoo.com

Clark Shoes — Soles fall apart!

I am writing to tell you how disappointed I have been in the quality of Ecco and Clark shoes. The soles just...

Clarks - Women's Shoe &jaen&A pair of shoes for 80 dollars which is useless!

Last week I bought myself a pair of CLARKS "Jaen" black leather shoes. They form part of CLARKS' new autumn collection. As the shoe is closed above I expected it to be water-resistant. But this is not the case. Rainwater enters where the sole meets the leather.

When I complained and wanted to return the shoes in the CLARKS store in Calle Ecuador 68 in 36203 Vigo, Spain, the salesperson told me that the shoes were sown. She said it was normal that water would enter. They were no Goretex shoes. And this was the autumn collection and not the winter collection. She also told me that there had been another complaint by another costumer who had had the same problem.

CLARKS is betraying its customers by selling leather shoes in their autumn collection which are not water-resistant. If they do so, they have to inform the customer about it.

I AM VERY UPSET AS I HAVE BOUGHT A PAIR OF SHOES FOR 80 DOLLARS WHICH IS USELESS!!!

Rieke
              Spain

• Updated by Sharon K Jones · May 14, 2019

I would like a refund or a replacement!

• Sh
                  shah3296 Aug 17, 2019

I have bought several pairs of Clark's shoes. I went to closet to get a pair of shoes out and I was shocked to find my shoes were coming apart. I got my other pair of Clark sandles out and to my disbelief they were disintegrating in my hands. The side was completely detached from the sole of the shoe. I would like to have my shoes replaced.

• Sh
                  Sharon K Jones May 20, 2019

I have a pair of Clark sandals that I bought recently and the soles fell apart! I wore them to church and then noticed clumps of the soles on the floor everywhere! Other people noticed them too and it was so embarrassing! Can you please refund or send a replacement? They are a size 7. My email address is [email protected]

• Na
                  Nathalie78 Sep 18, 2018

I was gifted this pair of sandal from my mother on a trip to quebec ... i worn them
                  1 Month and the back attach broke and now they r not wearable... those shoes were expensive and quite freakly i had shoes from walmart lasting me longer ... thats really sad product..

• St
                  Stephen Foley Sep 01, 2018

i bought some shoes at christmas in the sale. the line is called air as the shoes are lightweight. however they leak badly even in light rain. i submit they that the name of the line is an elementary misnomer. they should be called clarkes water.