Menu
Clarks
reviews & complaints

Clarks
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

184 complaints
52 resolved 132 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Clarks. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:22 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It seems I am not alone in the world with my disintergrating Clarks soles. I have seen many complaints about this problem. The shoes were worn once before the entire sole on the right shoe began to fall off in pieces and the left began to crack. The shoes are not wearable. There was a big pile of rubber bits under the sole. I have not bought Clarks since...

9:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello customer care, This complaint is regarding the shoes that i bought in the month of january 2016 in pune from clarks store (Shop no. 573/3, near kalmadi petrol pump, jungli maharaj road, pune - 05). After using it for hardly 4-5 months the shoes started turning yellow and the colour of the shoes have also faded. This is so very disappointing and...

12:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had 4 pairs of Clarks fall apart in the last year. They are the slip on kinds and the problems have ranged from lacing coming apart to heels caving in! If the heels aren't caving in, the rubber is falling apart, if it is not falling apart, they wear down to the sole base with less than 6 wearings! I work in a school so it is not like I am walking on...

R
9:49 pm

Clarks - Soles separating from shoe and shoe interior problems

I bought some Clarke's last year (they're kind of like the Senner Lane model but not quite) and love 'em! Except for the soles, which are separating from the rest of the shoe. I mentioned this to a sales person in a shoe store that sold Clarke's last year and she said they're now sewing the soles instead of glueing them--which is my problem. That's too bad, as the shoes are still in great shape except for that. Next, I bought a pair of waterproof shoes like the Archeo, and the frame inside the back of the shoe has come through the leather and stabs me in the ankle. Bummer, too. As I said, I like Clarke's for their style and for how light they are, but guess I'll be moving on after these two experiences.

9:44 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I love the fit and feel of Clark shoes and boots. Unfortunately eventually nearly every pair of Clark's worn just a few times then when I WALKED in them the soles CRUMBLED! VERY DISAPPOINTED. Shoe Repair told us that some faulty cheap materials were used on the soles. The leather upper part of the shoe was good but fell to pieces after the soles. COULD NOT...

8:41 pm

Clarks - Women's shoes

I have a pair of slip-on shoes, and one of the shoes recently feel apart completely. The sole separated from the upper. I have not even worn the shows enough that the Clark name in the sole is worn down! I want to return the shoes for replacement.

1 comment
L
Apr 27, 2016 7:40 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had the same problem with 2 pair of my slip on sandals. I am also disappointment in the quality of the soles. I do like the way the shoes fit my feet but this needs to addressed by the company asap.

J
10:47 am
Replied
Clarks has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I brought two pairs of these shoes from the Shopping Channel and was listening how they like walking on a cloud. When I received them I didnt wear them right away and the 30 days return was no longer valid. The back top of the shoe blistered and is unbearable so I cant not wear them. I am hoping Clarks will replace or help me with this issue since I paid a lot for each pair. Thank you. Janet P

2:42 am

Clarks - Indigo Shoes

The sole on a pair of my Clark/Indigo shoes has disintegrated. This happened while wearing them & it was difficult for me to walk to my car with half of the sole of my shoe gone. I see from reading other similar complaints that this must be a manufacturing defect. It is not fair to the consumer as this brand of comfort shoes is expensive & should last longer & perform better.

12:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pulled out a new pair of rust colored clogs to wear this morning, October 5, 2015. I took once step and thought the shoes felt a little big. I actually walked right out of the shoes! The sole came off completely on both shoes. Never been worn before. A friend had told me she contacted the company sometime ago about a similar complaint and was told those...

R
3:23 pm

Clarks - Nail heads coming through heels

I purchased a pair of Clarks Women's Promise May Dress Pump through Amazon. I really like the looks of the shoes and have always found Clarks shoes to be comfortable, however I have worn these shoes several times and find them to be VERY uncomfortable. I believe the nail heads are sticking up through the heels, making them painful to wear. I don't want to purchase another pair if this is how they are manufactured. I'm wondering if I can get them repaired/replaced. I will attach a photo of the heel to show where they are coming through.

5:36 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ORDER #01233303 placed on June 26, 2015, for 2 pairs of ladies' shoes from Clark's USA for $107.02. The shoes I ordered do not fit. I want to return them & get a refund. I have gone to the web site to get return information, www.clarksusa.com. The web site is not functioning. When I call the customer service number, 800-211-5461, I am always put on hold...

8:43 am

Clarks - They took money and you wouldn't take order or any reply

I saw the ad of the company www.ClarksShoe.net that they offered Clark shoes for the cheap prices. Awful attitude and services. The company fools people and they don’t care about it. They didn’t provide any confirmation info, they didn’t reply to my emails and complaints, but they charged me very quickly. The worst company and please, post comments about your experience. These people are scammers and ###, so be careful if you buy from them as well as post comments about your things with them.

L
6:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

2 pair of Clarks shoes in the same week . . . like so many other people's complaints, the soles just come apart from the uppers. Please see attached photos. They look well made, but aren't I want to order another pair based on Clarks past good reputation, but am very, very hesitant especially since the price of them has consistently risen while the quality...

P
12:31 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a pair of Clark's safety non-slip shoes. Unfortunately I won't get my money's worth out of these shoes. I just bought them last week, and already it looks as though they're coming apart at the seams. Who wants to walk around with shoes that look like they are falling apart and about to " meet thei maker".

2:25 pm

Clarks - Impossible to reach the rep and get any info from them

I found the ad of the company www.Clarksuk.net. It was horrible, ‘coz I wanted to contact the rep before I would place the order, but the customer services turned to be the worst. I sent tons of emails and asked to provide any info about it, but no one replied. As well as I sent messages, but the email address was fault. Stay away from them and post comments about your experience with them.

P
11:41 am

Clarks - shoes fall apart

I have had several pairs of Clarks over the years. I have had a pair for about 3 years that fell apart, as these folks here have indicated. I was at work, going up and down stairs. Not only is it embarrassing, but dangerous, When I called the Clarks store to complain the manager told me the company had lost 4 million dollars this year. Too bad, do you think maybe its the workmanship? I am a shoe shopper, have a closet full, but am done with Clarks and so is the rest of my family. I have never had this happen with another brand. Have you folks ever tried Naot? They are the most comfortable shoes ever.
Pam Barry

C
8:20 pm

Clarks - Defrauded of $579 usd

Contacted on web by Felicia Hernandez who told her inheritance would be left to me upon her death. Two weeks later, her (supposed)death occurred. Contacted by her lawyer, David Clarkson. He charged me $579 and now he wants $7, 800 more so he can pay her taxes. I can not find him listed any where. I believe dear Felicia is also a fraud as is Mr. Clarkson. I want my $579 restored to me as It is a scam and I do not want any part of this. Mrs. Hernandez husband is supposed to have died in a plane crash in 2002 in Aberdeen, Scotland. She only lasted 2 weeks after our initial contact on the web. She is suppose to have died of cancer of the heart. Which is a false sickness. that is a dead give away for a diagnosis Please help me catch these frauds.

2 comments
W
Feb 13, 2015 5:10 am

lets nail the ###! the whole thing is so elaborate..its hard to NOT believe them. According to Mr Clarkson Felicia is coming off life support This week.. I took a calculated risk and Now I see that I was right to doubt .

Jan 27, 2015 6:38 pm

I have just received same e mail & would be willing to help devise plan to catch them in action.

D
2:04 pm

Clarks - Shoes

At the end of July we visited clarks shoe department in mother care Blackburn with my son for a new pair of school shoes. A trainee girl measured my little boys feet. She then got another girl to check that they was the correct size and fit. I was confident in trusting there judgement and happily purchased the shoes. When my son started school in September I noticed that whilst wearing his new shoes he was struggling to keep them on his feet and looking down at them you could see how spacious they were. In actual fact they were to big. On 11th of September I returned the shoes to burnley and received a refund. The staff at burnley so how the shoes were far to wide for my son. I'm very upset as my son could have suffered with blistered feet due to the ill fitting shoes. I'm not blaming the trainee as we all have to learn but I think it's a very poor do when two staff employed to fit children's shoes got it wrong and like Iv already mentioned the consequences could of been my little boys feet being ruined

11:45 pm

Clarks - Broken Clarks kids shoes

Good afternoon,
My daughter came home from school yesterday with a broken Clark shoe. We bought these shoes at the end of January for the new school year. I purchased these shoes at Myers however I have not kept the receipt since the shoes are 3 months old.
I approached Myers however they informed me that they cannot do anything because I do not have the receipt. Since I paid $100, 00 for the shoes I would like to know if there is anything that Clarks can do for me?

Clarks - Upper pulls away from Sole

I have had 3 pairs fall apart like all the other folks here are talking about. The rubber of the stitching pulls through the rubber sole and the upper and bottom of the shoes separate.

There is a simple fix for this..."The Last Glue" It's made by a Canadian company. I came across it back in the early 2000's at a home show. It is a miracle worker and will fix your Clarks in seconds and STAY fixed.

I do not sell this glue nor do I profit an anyway from it and it is the most awesome stuff you'll ever find. It is NOT super glue though it smells the same. TLG bonds on lack of oxygen and can stand temps up to 650 deg. I fixed 3 pairs of my shoes with it just recently, but I've used it for countless other things. I'd suggest you buy The Last Filler also, but you can use acetone for the cleaner if you glue your fingers together. Because it uses the lack of oxygen, it doesn't work well for somethings...like the plastic item I was trying to fix this morning.

This in the past has also saved all my china coffee cups which had a design flaw in them and a very special dog toy for my beloved late doggy.

The Last Glue is expensive but it lasts for a LONG time if you keep it in the fridge. I had my first bottle for years.

1 comment
D
Jul 14, 2014 8:51 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thread came apart both sides of one slip on

Clarks contacts