Having problems with Clarks?

800 2500 2525 (European Countries)
1800 760 367 (Australia)
+44 145 889 9904 (United Kingdom)
+1 800 211 5461 (United States)
+62 212 252 2270 (Indonesia)
+60 355 694 868 (Malaysia)
+65 64 766 619 (Singapore)
+66 27 908 105 (Thailand)
40 High Street
Somerset
United Kingdom - BA160EQ
The United States
60 Tower Road, Waltham, MA 02451

Canada
2881 Brighton Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6H 6C9

Indonesia
PT. Anglo Distrindo Antara, Green Sedayu Biz Park, DM 5 № 31 I, Jl. Daan Mogot KM. 18, Jakarta 11840

Malaysia
Level 2, Wisma Samudra, № 1, Jalan Kontraktor U1 / 14, HICOM-Glenmarie Industrial Park, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Singapore
11 Chang Charn Road № 02-01 Shriro House Singapore 159640

Thailand
2535 Sukhumvit Road, Bangchak, Phrakhanong, Bangkok 10260, Thailand

Turkey
Gayrettepe Mah.Yıldız Posta Caddesi Gayrettepe53 Ofis1 PK 34349 Gayrettpe, Beşiktaş Istanbul, Turkey

United Arab Emirates
Dubai, JLT, Cluster T, 1 Lake Plaza

Complaints & Reviews

Horrible quality

I bought a pair of Clark Shoes and I just loved them. They were not only cute, but very comfortable. On the first day that I wore them, just 2 1/2 hours into my shopping day, they felt funny. I looked down and the sides were all pulled away from the sole. Upon further checking, I found the sole had disintegrated and cracked all the way across in several places. I was dumbfounded. I had heard that Clark shoes were wonderful and very comfortable. Needless to say, I will not be buying anymore Clark shoes nor will I recommend them to anyone else.e

• Sh
    Shanga May 02, 2013

Hi, i bought a pair of boots from Clark wich they called (Orinoco jazz ) its not even 5 months yet !! The boots fall apart and the heel came of shame because I loved them !! I had a receipt so I went back and I had to wait for 45 mins to see the lady manager from castle point in Bournemouth town !! Because she was busy !!! So she said I can't do any thing and the Clark shoes are not lasting for ever buti bought my boots on 28th of dec so not even 5 month old she was extremely un helpful manager I'm surprised of her behaving usually managers are helpful so I took to diffrent.branch the manager was very helpful in that branch she apologised and said I can give you the voucher or take any shoes at same price wich was £ 79.99 . All I wanted to say quality bad and very bad service in castle point .

Soles fall apart or crack open

I have two pair of Clark shoes in my closet and both are unwearable. The soul has split in several places on...

lack of costumer service

We were out shopping for a chest freezer this weekend, you know, price comparison shopping. We went to 4 different stores (H.H. Gregg, Sears, Home Depot and Lowe’s in Clarksville, IN). We were totally ignored at Lowe’s!!! I stood there at the freezers for about 10 minutes. I was even taking pictures. There were two employees not 15 feet away. NO ONE came up to me and asked if I wanted or needed help!!!

So we went home and I got on line, luckily I found the freezer I was looking at, at the store, (it was the best priced one of all 4 stores). It was also $10 cheaper on line with free delivery! We ordered it Sunday evening, got it before noon Monday. So I guess from now on, I’ll skip coming into your store and just shop online!!!

I’m use to the costumer service at Home Depot sucking (we rarely shop there). But I can’t believe we were TOTALLY ignored by the employees at Lowe’s!!!

Poor quality

shoe totally unglued from the rubbered portion of shoe purschased in early March--was not careless in caring...

Extremely poor quality shoes

I bought a pair of shoes from Clark, paid 30.00$ and they are the most uncomfortable pair I' ve ever worn in my life.

Clarks is known for its comfortable shoes but mine gave me a real bad shoe pinch within 5 minutes of wearing it.
When I went to the store I was told it is the shape of the shoe that doesn't suit you, so we can not do anything about it.They can not return it, coz I've worn them for half a day despite having the original sticker on the shoe and original receipt as well.

I chose size EE and a very small heel, despite that they are least comfortable.
I, ve wasted my 30 pounds and dumped them, but learnt a lesson that there is no point going for a brand name as it is absolutely trash.

• Mi
    midge87 Jun 16, 2010

I just don't get people who think it's alright to wear something and then decide they don't like it and try to return it. You're now trying to give the store used merchandise, something they can not sell because you couldn't be bothered to try them on before buying.
    If you bought them online then you should have tried them on immediatly, not worn them out and about.
    You are not entitled to a refund on used merchandise, end of story.

• Ni
    Nikeel Sep 28, 2013

I have a defective pair of Clarks shoes which I presented to a Clarks store in Dubai. The Brand Manager claims that I have not purchased the shoes from his Clarks store in Dubai. While I assert the fact that I have indeed purchased these shoes from Clarks in Dubai, it surprises me that we continue to discuss superfluous point/proof of purchase, whilst the real problem lies with flawed material of the sole, as is apparent from the photos attached to this message.

Instead of acknowledging the problem & dealing with it professionally, Clarks rep in Dubai - Jashanmal is trying to 'sweep it under the rug'. Pictures speak a 1000 words & the attached photos clearly indicate the ‘crumbling’ & falling away of rubber lumps from the soles.

The shoes are in pristine condition i.e. sparingly used & still in the original packing.

I had the option of choosing several shoe brands & decided to purchase Clarks. It now appears that I have made the incorrect choice.

Sole detached from top of shoe

I was at church and noticed that my right Clarks shoe had fallen apart. The sole detached from the top of the shoe as I was ushering. These were my Sunday shoes and occasionally worn.

Checked this site and called [protected] to discuss with the company. They were very helpful and had me choose a replacement pair to ship out free. I offered to send back the defective pair but they declined.

Quite remarkable! Will follow up if there are any additional replacement issues. But so far happy with their resolution.

Foot Injury

I purchased a pair of trainers from Clarks shoes but the solid integrated arch support has severely damaged my plantar fascia. I have been unable to walk without being in constant pain for the past 2 months. I have written to Clarks but they are denying there is a fault in the design. I normally do a lot of walking and have never in over 40 years had any problems. If they felt that arch support was necessary in their trainers, surely soft, flexible ones would have been more appropriate, as oppossed to the the cheaper, rigid, solid ones they have used.

• St
    Steven Hum Sep 24, 2010

I have the same problem here. After wearing a brand new pair of Clarks shoes that I bought last month, my feet are hurting so bad that I couldn't do much walking now.

Sole & heel disintegration

I am a handicapped 74 year old woman. I put on my Clark's sandals this morning to drive to get some...

top of shoe seperated from sole

I love the Clark's shoes. I always wait for them to go on sale and even at sale price they are expensive for me. I have about a dozen pairs and I always buy them at Belk's. I went to put the first pair I bought on and they seperated from the sole. I was put in a very embarassing situation as I was at work. Then I went to put the other pair that were the same style but bought at another time and the very same thing happened again at work. I took them to the cobbler and he couldn't do anything about them. You know when they fell apart I learned an expensive lesson. These shoes are very deceitful as they look like they are stitched to the sole but they are just glued or done in some other way but not stitched. Can I have something done about this problem? Hope that Clark's will help and not tarnish their good name.
Carmen Valenzuela

• Ro
    Roy G. Biv Apr 15, 2010

Ok...aparrantly Belk got a bad batch of shoes from Clarks.

• Ta
    talkalot1 Oct 02, 2013

I have several pairs of clark shoes and the sole crumbled apart as I was working. It was very embarrassing as I had no other shoes with me to change into
    .I feel the shoes should ne replaced but do not know where to write to complain. If anyone has an address it would be very appreciated.

failure

I have had three pairs of pricey Clarks shoes which, although carefully looked after and otherwise in excellent condtion, simply came apart at the junction between the leather upper and the synthetic sole.The failure is not of the thread used for stitching, it is a design-cum-material fault ; the part of the sole stitched to the upper ( i.e with holes through it) is simply not strong enough. Clarks must know this very well by now. One can only conclude that Clarks are content to sell shoes with a built-in fault, perhaps because it guarantees a relatively shorter life!!

• Ev
    evadsmoor Aug 24, 2013

I have had the same experience. Three pairs of Clarke's shoe split at the seems when I put my hand inside to clean them. .I sent Clarke's photos of the faulty shoes. Clarke's say because the shoes are over six years old this is to be expected. Not in my book!! Clarke's also said the materials used and the method employed were OK - They have got to be kidding.Clarke's offered a £10:00 voucher considering what I paid for the shoes this is insulting. I told them I wanted TWO new pars and they could keep their voucher. It has all gone quiet at Clarke's. Having bought Clarke's shoes all my adult life - for me - my wife and kids - I will never buy another pair!!!

• Mr
    MRHarryO Dec 03, 2014

Here is My experience of Clarks footwear best told by copying in the text of the letters.
    1st Letter
    Somerset
    BA16 0EQ
    United Kingdom 10 November 2014
    Dear Sirs
    I remember the first time I visited a shoe shop. My mum took me to Clarks to be measured and fitted out for sandals. That was over 55 years ago and I am pleased to see your company is still going, as am I.
    Since that time I have almost invariably bought Clarks shoes. I find them comfortable and of good quality and if looked after they can last many years and that to my way of thinking justifies the price.
    A few years ago I bought some Clarks sandals and wore them that summer and again the following year for our overseas holiday. Whilst on that holiday the wrap became detached and I was surprised and disappointed to see that the leather wrap was attached to the sole by an adhesive and not stitched as it appeared from the outside. They were impractical to wear and I bought a cheap pair to get me through the holiday. My intention was to return them once back in the UK. But on arrival home I found that the sandals had been left behind or thrown away. First time in all those years I had had a problem with Clarks footwear.
    That brings to me to this past weekend. I attended the Remembrance Day ceremony at Folkestone and decided to wear a pair of suede shoes bought probably three years ago but worn only once or twice. During the walk past the upper of the right shoes became detached from the welt and all I could do was to remove them, it was impossible walk in them as my foot kept sliding out of the side. Embarrassing to me but amusing to some others.
    When I had the chance to examine them I could see that the rubber sole had split along its length beneath the stitching. These, a pair of shoes worn no more than a couple of times – borne out by the shoes condition - of the correct fit and not subjected to sunlight or chemicals etc as they are stored in my shoes closet.
    I have enclosed these shoes for your perusal and would welcome your urgent reply and explanation.
    Yours sincerely
    Reply from Clarks
    Dear Mr Anderson
    Thank you for taking the time to return your shoes to us.
    We're very proud of the quality of the footwear we make and therefore, I was concerned to learn that your shoes came apart, whilst attending the Remembrance Day ceremony. I appreciate how embarrassing this must have been.
    We have however, examined the shoes and can confirm that this style was last manufactured over 6 years ago. We feel the problem was not a fault in the original materials or construction but due to factors beyond our control. In our opinion the breakdown is due to natural deterioration through age.
    I do, however, understand your disappointment and therefore, as a measure of goodwill, on this occasion, I have enclosed a voucher for £14 which I hope you will find useful.
    We will hold your for a period of 4 weeks from the date of this letter after which time we wi/i donate them to our Shoebiz charity.
    On behalf of Clarks, I apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope my action will help to restore your faith in our brand.
    Yours sincerely
    Linda Murphy
    Email to CEO [email protected]
    Good Afternoon
    I am writing to you as I do not feel the above complaint has been dealt with fairly.
    I was taken aback when I received the letter this is not what I would have expected from Clarks
    This is clearly a failure in the materials used and not a wear and tear issue they having received very little use.
    I would have thought it would be seen as an embarrassment that these materials would degrade and fail in such relatively short time.
    Instead it is used as a reason for rejection. I understand the six year rule.
    I have some Clarks footwear that go back ten years and one pair of boots well past that time.
    I don't think it unreasonable to expect quality footwear to last past six years if cared for properly.
    I have attached both letters, sent and received.
    The footwear is still with your company and so can be inspected should you wish.
    I would appreciate it if this could be reviewed and the above taken into account..
    No reply received
    Second letter sent to Lynda Murphy Complaints dept
    Dear Linda Murphy
    I am sure Mr Clark would be revolving turbine like in his grave if he could know that after 180 so years his company was manufacturing footwear with a use by date.
    It is a damning thing for a quality footwear company like Clarks to say about their product, that it will naturally degrade to the point of failure in only 6 years.
    This is not wear and tear this is a poor quality material wrongly chosen and your company should put their hand up to it and refund the full cost.
    I have enclosed your voucher you can use this to cover the return postage charge.
    Please return the shoes.
    I will post pics of shoes if I can. When or if I get them back!

shoes falling apart

I have and have had any number of Clarks shoes over the years, and I absolutely love wearing them because of the comfort and quality of the leather. However, I now have the 3rd pair in a little over a year that has come apart between the upper and lower. The rubber just seems to dry rot or something and come apart. There is nothing like wearing a pair to work and realize that your shoes are coming apart. What a shame for a company such as this to have such shoddy products included in their shoes. I am just heartsick. I tried returning the last pair, and they could do nothing. I hate not being able to buy my favorite shoes anymore.

• Be
    Ben72 Feb 20, 2010

Yes, the same has happened to two pairs of Clarks I own - and never to other makes - Bally, Gucci, etc.

Clarks have become real rubbish and I'll never purchase them agasin.

Torn up

I have the same problem. Was sitting in church a few weeks ago when i felt a breeze on my right foot. Looked down and found that the entire side of the shoe had come loose. The stitching came right out of the disintegrating rubbering material that they were attached to. I could not even walk because it was flapping on my foot. Had to take the shoe off to walk out. . . And i was in the choir!! The next wervice the shoe on the other foot did the same thing. So i was barefoot for the rest of the morning. I checked the other clark's shoes in my closet and found that most of the others were about to do the same thing, and one pair (My favorit) the sole was totally disintegrating and chunks falling out. I contacted clark's with the problem, and they emailed me with another number i need to call. I will be calling this week and if they don't do something to reimburse me, i don't plan to buy clark's again.

• Ad
    adiciae Sep 16, 2011

I bought my first clark shoes (flavour sugar, 148 SGD) two weeks ago in Singapore. Since they are expensive, I only used them in the office. Now the inner sole tore apart, I can see the stitches and the rubber is tearing apart too. I am very disappointed. Due this very bad experience I am sure of never ever wanted to buy any clark shoes again nor appreciate them anymore. Buying clark shoes was a real act of waste of money !

• Be
    Betty Faith Nov 22, 2011

I have had the same problem with five pair of my Clarks. Several are relatively new shoes and are separating from the sole. Three pair I throw away. I kept two pair just in case Clarks would question my problem.

• Ra
    Rather Dissapointed Dec 02, 2011

Re Clark shoes, The soles of my FOURTH pair have just disintegrated..looks like a lot of rather sticky and friable expanded foam. The shoes were not cheap and only worn once. Prevoous pairs which have failed on the sole (same problem) after a few uses have been "polyvelt" sneaker type. Really nice looking shoes but complete rubbish.
    I will never buy Clarks again and would advise others against buying shoes from this rubbish manufacturer.

JaypeainTexas Sep 18, 2012

I agree. I've had this occur with Clarks and BORN shoes. The soles disintegrate and leave black foam pieces everywhere. Extremely disappointed.

• Ly
    lynn aronson Jan 17, 2014

I have had to throw 15 pairs of clarks in the trash. That is a lot of money. What is clark willing to do about this? The shoe are comfortable, I love the shoe but they are to expensive for this to happen. I keep reading the complaints. What are we the consumer going todo. I am not sure about you but I want my money back.

• Cr
    CRayXO Dec 12, 2014

I've gone through 3 pairs of Clarks, two of which were replacements. It's like a reverse lottery: you never know when you step out the door that day if you will lose the sole lottery and have your shoes fall off. Now, just had a pair of Born clogs split in half horizontally on my way in to work. I have worn these shoes maybe 20 times over the course of the 2 years I have owned them.

Apparently, we consumers must now install humidifiers inside our closets to prevent dry rot from crappy Chinese made rubber. These companies want to position themselves as high quality, cite hand-crafted, etc. but they don't tell you, oh, yeah, those rubber soles? Don't count on 'em. Plan to carry backup footwear with you "just in case." Oh, and never walk on: a blade of grass, it might have chemicals on it. A damp sidewalk, that might affect the rubber too. Come to think of it, don't actually WEAR the shoes, just put them on display. That's the safest bet. And, oh, if you don't have a receipt, too bad.

soles come off

I have approximately 15-20 pairs Clarks shoes that I have purchased over the past 8 yrs. I love the fit...

Poor quality

I bought one pair of shoes made in Romania in Clarks Dublin city centre on this friday 30 of october, worn them 30 min couldnt get to take the bus, they are so unconfortable, and do hurt my legs are like wooden shoes, are killing me after i wore them i got dreadful pains on my legs. All my shoes come from Clarks the lady in the shop told me she cant take them back because i ve worn them just for 30 min.unbelievable i brought them back to shop and left them there because i cant keep such annoyng things in my hous

• Na
    Natasha_malden Jan 23, 2010

I think your name sounds Romanian as well and your english is so poor...amazing how some people forget where their roots are and try their best to spoil the country's reputation. I am not surprised about our image abroad which is made by our own country' people.

soles came off

I have several pair of Clarks shoes, which I really do like and enjoy wearing. I have been wearing them for several years. The Blue pair I "had" the soles came off them, just were hanging on in one place. The #34584 size 5M Blue Zoe, of course they were my favorites because they go with jeans and slacks.
I have a hard time finding a 5M shoe any where, but I always buy them when I find my size.
Just wanted to let you know about the soles coming off and I did read where someone else had the same problem.
Do you all do any replacement or any help on your part?
You can advise me of your decision at my e-mail [protected]@att.net
Sue Hedden

10-3-09

• Jm
    jmtoo Nov 02, 2009

I have had soles come off two pair of Clark's shoes and the store where I bought them refused to do anything about it. I won't buy Clark's again and recommend anyone that reads this to stay away from this brand.

• Na
    Nancy VonDeylen May 06, 2010

I have two pair of Clark Springers and the soles came off both of them. They feel so good on my feet. Can't you do anything about the soles.

Could you replace them? I got rid of the 1st pair, but still have the mules.

Nancy VonDeylen
    1130 Jonathon Ln #16
    Neenah WI 54956

• Lo
    Louise Waldman Nov 24, 2010

I have a pair of Clark shoes and I just love them but my soles came off the shoe. I took them to a cobblers to fix and he said he can't fix them. They are not that old . The No. of my shoes is 08.98 321 1-3 size 81/2. Will you do anything about this problem?

from [email protected] Thank You

• Lo
    Louise Waldman Nov 24, 2010

I have a pair of Clark Shoes No.08.98 3211-3 size 81/2.Can you make this right with me to get a new pair.

• Re
    Reada Napper Mar 05, 2011

I have had Clark shoes for several years and love the feel of them. At the present time that is all I wear except for dress shoes on Sunday. I have had the top come loose from the soles on 3 pairs. All 3 pairs the stitches and rubber strip on the soles just come off. The tops of the shoes remain in excellent condition. Please reply to me with what you can do to help me. I would just like replacements. Reada [email protected]

• Pa
    Patricia Kopinetz Nov 15, 2011

I had a pair of Clarks last year that fell apart. I called them and they sent me a new pair. Well, the same thing happened, the sole is coming apart from the upper shoe. I feel if I call again they'll think I'm just looking for free shoes, which I'm not' I've been buying Clark shoes for at least 20 yrs and I never had any problems before. I assure you I will not be buying any more Clark shoes.

Soles fell apart

Clark Shoes Complaints - Soles fall apart!

Soles fall apart!

I am writing to tell you how disappointed I have been in the quality of Clark shoes. The soles just fell apart. Therefore I'm forced not to purchase your shoes, even though I like them. I believe it is a problem with your materials used on the rubber soles. I am hoping the company will do something to correct this problem and reimburse my money.
This happened on a pair only worn a few times. They disintegrated

• Cl
    Clarks Lover Dec 01, 2009

CLARKS PROBLEMS SOLVED!!! FYI - I, too, have worn Clarks for years - sudddenly several pairs started falling apart just below the stitching on the rubbery material. I've also had some crack open on the bottom. Clearly a manufacturing defect. HOWEVER, I called Clarks 800-624-7463 and requested an RMA. They are sending me a label to return the 4 defective pairs I know of and will replace them with the shoes of my choice!!! They told me to go online and pick them out and send a note in the box. I'm going home tonight to inspect all the remaining pairs in my closet and so are my friends. The Clarks rep told me they had some defective material in these older shoes and that the problem doesn't exist in the new ones. We'll find out!

• Li
    liz harmuth Aug 14, 2010

I also have a complaint with Clark's shoes, soles of my sandals fell apart while on a trip out of town, how very imbarassing and inconvenient
    they are called SPRINGERS !!!
    thank you !!!

• We
    Wendy Thornton Oct 27, 2010

Soles fell off the shoe. See pictures

Wendy Thornton.

• Je
    jerry graham Dec 04, 2010

yhis is the second shoes that have fallen apart i have had at least a dozen pair and i love them but am so upset over this pair the soles is coming apart the other pair sole ripped a wasy from the leather i threw that pair away have the red pair what do i need to do ..jerry graham

• Ra
    Railhas Dec 10, 2010

I am both sad and glad that others are having the same problem I am with Clarks. I had some Clarks hurache clogs that I wore one day and something felt wierd enough to demand my attention, so I looked down and saw the right shoe's leather top came right off the sole and my foot was hanging out. I was not at home, either! The same thing happened to me today with my other pair of Clarks, shoes this time, again, not at home. I can see how somebody could trip and fall under these circumstances.

I already threw the clogs away, unfortunately, but I am going to contact the company and demand satisfaction. I have a lot of shoes, so none of them gets much wear, and that isn't the reason for the self-destruction of my shoes! I agree with you all- what a drag to have expensive shoes from a trusted company to let us down.

• Do
    Dorothy S. Jan 19, 2011

I have a pair of clog type Clark shoes that I wore just a couple of times and the sole has just crumbled beyond repair. I love the shoes and wish I could wear them, can I get reimbursed or another pair just like I have.
    I always felt that Clarks was a top of the line brand of shoes, there is nothing top of line with shoes that fall apart with very little wear. I have shoes I bought from Walmart that have lastest longer than my clarks did. I have not thrown them away yet, but they can not be worn...what can I do???? D. Snyder disappointed clark shoe owner.

• Pa
    PAM NEELEY Mar 06, 2011

I was coming out of the Memorial Auditourim in Chatt, Tn and my shoes were getting very loose and large not knowing what was going to happen next... got home and started to get out of my truck and the shoes just fell completely off my feet... so thankful this didn't happen while coming out of the gospel singing... it was cold out... I would have been in a big mess...not only one but both of them did...

Beware

I want to lodge a strong complaint against your shop's attitude of labeling all product prices lower and charging higher at till and expecting customer to recheck what they have been changed.
I bought three pairs of shoes at your Hatfield Outlet and inspite of displaying £25 label was charged £27 pounds. On contacting the shop and your customer care I have been told I should have checked the price at till before paying - its my mistake.
I will definitely spread a word of mouth about this attitude of clarks to everyone I know and assure you you have lost a royal customer.
With best wishes for great future for your company with this kind of attitude.

dangerous heel

The beautiful looking and comfortable Clarks brand shoes caused me to fall. I have had these shoes only for 2 months and they caused me to trip head first and the second time sideways causing great pain. I turned to go to my right and the right shoe turned my ankle straight down and I fell on my right side hitting my right hip, shoulder and head. I was taken to the emergency room and was given x rays! Something in the design of the wedge type heel caused this fall. The name of the shoe is Clarks Artisan. My friend who also bought this same pair of shoes also fell in our company parking lot and had many scrapes and bruises from her fall.

• In
    Ingram Jun 25, 2009

I'm NOT HAPPY with a pair of "Ingram" White/Pink tong sandals just purchased on 6-20-09. The RIGHT ONE slips off and the inner sole is leather, but since it is SLIPPERY, for a tong backless sandal, the shoes are impossible to WEAR. Since I wore them twice, I'm afraid the store will NOT give me a credit or do ANYTHING for the $60 pair of sandals I purchased, supposedly, on sale. I'd never buy another pair of Clark's.

• Bl
    Blair764 Mar 31, 2010

I was recently wearing a pair of clarks (clunky looking shoe, but deceptively tapered heel) and I turned, went over on the heel, twisted my ankle and have a torn tendon.

• Ke
    ketrn Jan 23, 2012

I have had the identical problem with 2 of the 3 pairs of Clarks clogs/shoes I have owned. The first pair, when they fell apart, I assumed it to be bad luck and I threw them out. The 2nd pair, which I got cheaply at a thrift store, ironically, are going strong. However, the uppers of the 3rd pair, new condition, purchased only last week and worn just 3 times, have completely separated from the sole on the length of the inside of the right shoe and there is a 1 1/2 inch area of separation on the left one. I would have them repaired, but I really don't see how they could be repaired because of the design defect noted in your complaint. So disappointed because these shoes are so very comfortable! Amazing that this company could stay in business with so many customers experiencing a similar problem with what are rather expensive shoes. I have never had any shoes fall apart before, not even cheap ones!

£70 but dis-integrated from sole in the first day I wore

For the past 20 years, I trust Clarks so much and believe its quality. However, last year, I bought a pair of Clarks ([protected]) in HK and wore it yesterday (10th June 2009). It made me very supervise, it totally separated from its sole when I am walking on the street. How embarrassing it is!!!

How the local distributor said, “it is an old model it should be sold more than a year. They will not liable to any shoe which sold more than a year regardless you have used it or not." and Clarks UK cusotmer service advisor said they will support their decision. Yes, they are right and totally correct.

But What's wrong with them? They didn't care how disappoint a loyal customer is, when he wore his brand new Clarks and it suddenly broken. They just told me sorry I can't help you. Maybe they are not hired to understand us and no need to care the Clarks brand (more than 130 years), image and our feeling .

Furthermore, no salesman told us how to keep Clarks. Of course, no one told me if I did not use it for a year Clarks will DECAY itself. I think I may be the first case in HK. However, I surfed on the web and found that it is not, it happened all over the world - US, UK, Malaysia, HK etc... Clarks means quality becomes a LEGEND.

Hoping that Clarks Head Office will pay attention to this problem.

Defective shoes

I have worn Clarks for well over 20 years and my last pair of 3 buckle sandles, which are fairly new, are...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices