Choice Home Warrantyextortionist, won't pay, claims withholding funds promised

B

Purchased a home, with warranty. Paid $450 for a year. A/C part broke a month later and they agreed to pay for the work to be done. I called to check on the reimbursement check and they decided they were only going to pay a fraction of what they promised. After hours of time on the phone and repeated phone calls, they finally agreed to pay the amount. I called on 08/16/16 to check on the status and they sent me to a manager in the cancellations department. I told them I was very unsatisfied with the company and how they had been treating us from the initial claim beginning.. Andy the senior manager, said that he was going to withhold the reimbursement check until I signed a release form that stated I was going to keep my mouth shut and not leave bad reviews, or send complaints to governing bodies. This is extortion for my own money. And last I checked this is America and I have the right to freedom of speech. I also have the right to leave a bad review in good faith based on factual instances. This company refuses to pay claims and claims they aren't about making money yet they make any excuse they can to get out of paying. No one should be bullied in signing something to keep them quiet about a company who is doing wrong. The more research I do on this company, the more I see that they are a crooked company and they've already had to pay thousands and thousands in restitution..

• Sh
    Shree18 Jun 17, 2019

I have been through the same. They denied with fraudulent reasons when the technician they sent clearly states that it is due to wear and tear. If this is a real company they should do an inspection before issuing a warranty. This is a fraud company and need to stop their business and cheating ppl.