Menu
Home Food & Beverages Chipotle Mexican Grill Unsafe food
Author of the complaint
1:53 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My daughter and I had lunch at this location on 1-4-09. It was the first time my daughter had been to one of Chipotle's restaurants. We both ordered burritos and dined in the restaurant. About half way through her burrito, my daughter bit into an extremely sharp rock that was in her burrito. The rock was between 1-4" to 1-2", in other words easily seen by those preparing the food. It is the most dangerous object that I have ever seen in any food. We immediately informed the staff at the restaurant. The manager was not present so we could not speak directly to them. We have followed up with the District Manager who directed their insurance company, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc to contact us. To make matter worse, they offered a coupon for a free burrito. We have written to the head office in Denver, CO and have not even had the decency of a reply. This company does not have high food standards and does not care about the health of their customers.

81 comments
R
Oct 07, 2019 10:39 am EDT

Our food was ice cold and took so long to deliver. We couldn't eat it because all the ingredients were literally stuck to our bowls. We just want a refund. This is upsetting as chipotle has never done this before. We just want to have to taken care of so we don't deal with this kind of service again. If we can get a response that would be great.

Sep 25, 2019 3:52 am EDT

Hi. I was hungry and craving Chipotle. I went to Chipotle and got myself a bowl with white rice, black beans, chicken and steak, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, avocado and apparently I also asked for hair. This hair did not belong to me. I am no longer craving Chipotle. I am actually very angry with Chipotle. HELP.

Aug 10, 2019 8:13 am EDT

Why did you advertise free guacamole if you couldn't honor it my granddaughter tried placing an order online but could not get through on your website so I had to go in person to place her order I was excited to get free guacamole just to find out that was only if you ordered online seems like false advertising. It was just disappointing!

Aug 05, 2019 10:51 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The staff was rude they didn't have rice ready the beef was very tuff to chew w I was very disappointed any other chipotle I've been too was great put this one it blow my mind that the service was so bad

Jul 03, 2019 12:25 am EDT

All of my chips were stale and hard to eat. I took my food to go so i just had to go without chips.

G
Jun 16, 2019 5:28 pm EDT

I called to complain and the lady told me she would send me free entrees cards and i have yet to receive them plz get in contact with me [protected]

Jun 11, 2019 7:17 pm EDT

I ordered a Bowl delivered by door dash -so I paid $20.00 for a bowl. The carnitas had so much fat on it, I couldn't even eat it. And, the side of queso was curdled, so I could eat that. TERRIBLE FOOD

G
Jun 10, 2019 5:57 pm EDT

Im very unhappy

Jun 05, 2019 1:27 am EDT

Hi,

I bought veggi bowl from chipitle in las colinas irving texas. They were out of most of the product. They didnt have enough beans. They loaded my bowl with letus from bottom as well. They didn have pico de galo. Their sauses (mild and hot) were very watery.

Very bad experience.

Mar 06, 2019 7:56 am EST

I go to The chipotle store at 2675 El-Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. for the past few times the food quality is low and even the quanitiy of food is much less than norm and way less than the other Chipotle store.

Jan 23, 2019 1:23 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm very pissed with the chipotle store 6245 Highway 6, Missouri City Texas 77459. I went to get food at 8:15pm tonight and they were out of guacamole. What pisses me off is because this is about the third time from this store that I've had the same problem. And the guy working told me it will be about 45 minutes before it will be ready.

Nov 14, 2018 9:52 pm EST

Three men making strange noises, whiny howling noises then using offensive language. The they were kicked out of the room but right away tried to creep back to their stations. My kids were horrified. It's always something like this at this restaurant. They ought to hire better people. 5430 Topanga Canyon Blvd, 11/2/18, 4:35 pm.

Nov 12, 2018 8:54 pm EST

Hello, my girlfriend and I came into chipotle on December 19th at 4pm. We were being served and when we both asked for corn, we saw there was basically none left and the staff member just gave us a drop of corn each. He did not bother to go get some more. When I sat down and ate, there was a piece of onion core in my bowl. Did not appreciate that.

Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was eating my food and then I bit into several raw peices of chicken I also had a bug in my rice!

Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am EST

4/6/17- ordered chicken burrito bowl with lettuce and brown rice. when i got home i opened and found a bowl with rice, cheese and small amount of chicken. I have a cheese intolerance, i specifically said no cheese and that's all i received.

Oct 27, 2018 12:16 pm EDT

Hi. I ordered online from the Annapolis chipotle. And I specifically got a salad because online there isn't an option to add a salad dressing unless you get a salad. And when i received my salad there was no salad dressing. This is the second week in a row I've had something missing from my order.

Oct 22, 2018 11:02 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been a very loyal customer for years but today was a let down. My order was cold, it looks like it was rushed, and I'm not satisfied at all. I gave instructions to my postmates delivery what to put in my order and most of it wasn't in there. I am very angry and upset.

B
Oct 22, 2018 10:11 am EDT

Yesterday in Brooklyn brought bowl at 542 pm after work order number 397 it was to go. Get home. Took a bit next bit there's. A small bug/fly in my food two one dead the other half dead on between the lettuces never happened before. But Im very unhappy with that type of service. How can I be commandant for this problem. [email protected]

Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am EDT

I bit in to my burrito when 1/3 of the way Done and found a large piece of plastic inside.I have pictures and the plastic piece..I sat on hold with complaint depart. Only to be hung up on for high call volume.I am very unhappy and dine at Chipotle all across the country..

Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I always go to chipotle . And I always get a quasadilla with chicken and rice I've been getting it for years .. the chipotle in Aventura Florida gave me such a hard time for getting the only meal I enjoy from them.. so I get a bowl instead and the rice is was undercooked and I was not happy with the quality.

H
Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm EDT

I doomed at the chipotle in Chamblee, Georgia on Peachtree yesterday night. My meal costs $10.43 and I have the cashier $20.48 and she gave me $.05 for change. She asked me several questions though out the checkout process so I did not notice until we had already left the restaurant. Whether or not I get my money back, I just want you to be aware.

Oct 22, 2018 9:05 am EDT

Just went to my local chipotle, the one I go to all the time, and the burrito I just got is the saddest burrito I've ever had. It's half the size it usually is, and most of it is cold. This doesn't make me want to ever come back to chipotle.

D
Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered 3 burritos online at the store at 324 West El Camino Real Sunnyvale CA and my burrito #3 was missing the cheese, mild salsa and the green salsa and the meat was mostly big chunks of fat which I had to remove and spoiled my appetite. The invoice number is 1010003 Diana J. 12:24pm. I would like to be reimbursed.

L
Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to the Summer Street location in Downtown Boston at about 3pm today. I ordered a Steak Burrito. The food was horrible. The burrito was cold and the steak was fatty chewy. I tool one bite and threw the rest away. Not satisfied at all.

Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm EDT

I am a regular customer at the Lafayette, IN store. I have noticed a crew memeber there, Ashley, (skinny, shorter, no makeup) has subpar customer service. She never greets me, never smiles, and I watched to see her do it with other customers as well. Today she asked flatly, "What do you want?" with a blank expression and never made eye contact. :/

Oct 22, 2018 6:42 am EDT

I was waiting in line for 45min for my food which then caused my food to get cold. They also had on 2 people working in the make line which caused the delay in the beginning. I feel that what cause this was that the employees where unorganized when it came to being in the make line.

D
Oct 21, 2018 3:10 pm EDT

My chicken bowl is burnt i mean charred
Gave me the wrong things and person on the line moving to fast forgot my lettece and she gave alot of attitude im not impressed ive been here before and never experienced
This but again the meat was black and burnt and kind of made my toungue hurt do to the harsh taste

Oct 21, 2018 1:55 pm EDT

My family went to Chipotle at corner of University Blvd and Sunrise in Plantation Florida. We waited in line about 25 min and when got to order they were out of white rice and was told they were out of cheese.

We then had to drive 15 min to go to another Chipotle and stand in line again. This is unacceptable!

V
Oct 21, 2018 5:33 pm EDT

Ordered a chicken bowl with white rice to go and the rice was completely uncooked. Had to throw it away. Such a complete waste of time and money.

Oct 22, 2018 1:15 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

First thing had to wait only 4 customers ahead of me one guy doing it all. 3 or 4 in back 2 guys eating beside the register then he fixed my food the fajitas was old left over from the other day and this was at 11:15. As much bad Crap as chipotle has had in the past u would think they would try better I won't be taking my business there again.

Oct 15, 2018 3:45 pm EDT

Hi so today me and some of my friends went to chipolte and there was food all over the tables and also on the floor

Oct 15, 2018 7:05 am EDT

I got several child meals and some were given rotten oranges. The oranges had black mold in them

Oct 03, 2018 12:02 am EDT

My wife and I went to eat at Chipotle. They were not closed yet. The kid behind the line gave so much attitude and refused to make guacamole. I work in a restaurant, if someone walks in 1 min even before close, I have to serve them and have a good attitude this kid refused to do anything about the guac and rolled his eyes at both my wife and i

Sep 20, 2018 1:32 am EDT

Our server had placed our food in bowl that were not safely closed or placed corrextly in the bag, when we took out our meal it was placed sideways and do to that our food had spilt everywhere and the food .

I
Sep 20, 2018 1:39 am EDT

There was a hair in my food, i would like my money back!

F
Sep 18, 2018 6:28 am EDT

My bowl was thrown together and not portioned property. Also at checkout u did not get a bag and had to reach and grab my food.

Y
Sep 18, 2018 3:11 pm EDT

Usually quality is good every time,

This time bill desk rep. Told that please wait sir we woll be getting fresh for you. After 2-3 minutes i got, after reaching home found chips are not fresh and crunchy.
Better i could have tested on the spot. Regretting..!

Sep 10, 2018 11:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was told i was hired then was told it was by accident manager were late to each interview recently at white plains location.

Sep 11, 2018 6:34 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought three burritos and the lettuce was very ugly and the chicken was raw.

And the restaurant is very dirty and the staff is very slow.

Sep 11, 2018 12:50 am EDT

To whom it may concern,
I visited the restaurant on 75 th ave and Thomas, I went in there ready to enjoy a Sunday night with my family to my surprise I had the worst service straying with the prep . When making my bowl they throw my food like it was serving it to dog . I would like to speak with a supervisor

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

592 complaints