Chase Home Financeloan modification

We applied for a modification last year. It is an FHA loan. We were approved for a 6 month partial claim with FHA. after that again we applied for mod. and they sent a temporary forebeareance agreement for 3 mos. we were to pay this to get caught up. We still had not heard anything about our loan mod still.we sighned the agrement and paid for 3 mos. I called Chase to find out if a decision was made on the modification and I kept getting cut off or rerouted. I was also told at one call that they are running behind and it would be advisiable for us to send in another payment for Oct. Our agreement was for 3ms. Untill a deciasion was made we would need to make 8 more payments. I contacted a mortgage counselor and he is unable to get anywhere with this bank. I do understand about the Rescue 21 Bill. but I don't think Chase does. Meanwhile I kepp seeing them advertise on the Today Show that they are helping people save their homes. All I get is excuses and runarounds. They will not talk to me when I say to them that I am also recording the conversation they just hang up. They said I was not authorized to talk about the account when I sent in numerous 3rd party verification forms . I wish to save our home not argue about it. We cannot pay for Nov. payment. After the 15th it will be late and our home will go into foreclosure. We will have 6 mos. Jason from the Fort Myers, Office suggested short sale. But we were told that was like rolling craps. I could rent for cheaper and avoid all the stress.

• Go
    GoinOvr Dec 02, 2009

Chase Home Finance has been the worst company I have had the displeasure to work with. They have lost our paperwork several times for our modification and have even lost one of our payments that I have verified they cashed. This modification process has been going on nearly 2 years. We just received a call today 12/2/2009 asking for our paperwork yet again. I advise ANYONE who has a loan or credit card from them to get a refi to another company or transfer your balance over to a new card. These ###ed people shouldn't be allowed to obtain anyone else's money.

hawaiian girl Dec 09, 2009

I concur, been trying to get a modification now for 13 months, have resent in paperwork five times, get no answers and now they're threatening to foreclose because I've been paying the lesser amount from the special forbearance that they keep telling me to pay. I'm going to find me agood ### attorney

• Sl
    SlurpeeGuy Dec 09, 2009

I have had the exact same experience and I am trying to network with others who are dealing with this to see what kind of recourse a group of people has. It has been ridiculous!

• Te
    teeteeblue Dec 16, 2009

I applied for loan mod since 11/2008, just got an approval after all those months. HORRIBLE! . Interest rate went from 7% FHA 30 year fixed to 6.37% 10 year interest only then interest and principle for 30 years. Monthly payment is higher than original, Reperesentatives are rude and disrespectful. Carlos from FL just told me its a take it or leave it offer. Maybe I should take this to the media and my two senators!!

• Ba
    Bad Boy Battler Dec 22, 2009

I have had the same experience as the rest. After trying to work something out with them since January 09, but now I am about to give up. We did the three month forbearance plan starting in June 09 and are still paying that payment per their request. I also sent them a financial package in Sep. and have called them every week to find out the status of my loan modification. Until this week 12/20 I got the same answer every week "under review". But, this week I was informed that someone deleted my file which I guess that's code for we lost your file. Now they want me to resubmit my information all over again. Meanwhile I get foreclosure notices and collection calls weekly. I have been told numerous times that they will not foreclose but, when I asked for that in writing they said we can't do that.

I have contacted my Congressman for Georgia, John Linder and they are trying to help me. If your loan has Federal Oversight which you can find out at The Office Comptroller of Currency then they will send a complaint in your behalf. You can also write a complaint from their website: http://www.occ.treas.gov/

I would like to know if there is an attorney filing a law suit against Chase Home Finance?

Good luck everyone and I feel your pain.

Bad Boy Battler

• Wi
    willy wonka Dec 22, 2009

you all forget they (lenders) don't have to do anything for you. the recession was caused by sub prime mortgagees not paying their mortgages. pure and simple. mods are business decisions. also, over half of the people moded fall behind within 6 months again anyways. the real problem is...sub prime= no money in the bank, no money down, no job history/income verification, no or poor credit (or some combo of this). thank you all for ruining it for us responsible people. [censored]es!! The reason why mods are going to solve the problem is, you people have no money in the bank, never have and never will. so as soon as your car breaks down, you fall behind again, no matter what your payment is. Obama is not going to save you all. He cant. All we can do is realize credit does stand for something and start lending smart loans again...p.s. thanks for tanking my house value a**holes.

• Si
    Sick of Chase Bank Dec 27, 2009

Chase is the worst bank. My experience with Chase Bank is that they just want people to go for foreclosure by delaying the modification process on purpose. I am also tired of Chase Bank and their employees who just cannot take any decision. The call center people who are located in Nicaragua and Philippines cannot take any decision. I started enquiring about the loan modification process back in Feb'09 and no one including a Chase vice president of a prominent branch could give me proper advice. Finally in April'09 one of the call center people advised me to go the web and get the form and apply. For the next 6 months reasons given were like. ..Wait in queue due to merger with WAMU, over load, lost papers. Etc., I am sure they were loosing my papers on purpose to avoid the modification. I faxed the documents from FedEx..They lost it. Again I faxed in from their own branch by their own officers. They say they did not receive it. What more a common man do? It is high time Government should investigate Chase bank and their filing system and we all should sue Chase Bank them for the stress they are giving for those who ask for loan modification.
    It looks like they want you to go on foreclosure so that they can get their money back from the insurance companies from our PMI.

• Tr
    TrinaS Jan 29, 2010

Same thing I am going thru - My daughter used Hal Adams in Cape Coral for an insurance problem. He is super, honest, helpful. I don't know if he does this kind of work ... unfortunately, Chase is in the pocket of the adminsitration and very indifferent. I don't even know what they are looking for from me.
    KathyS

• Ca
    CARMEN FRANCO Apr 11, 2010

I went through NACA and I was granted forberance . In Jan I received a letter that said that I was in modification . I later talked to a customer service agent by the name of "Dex" that said I didn't have to pay anything till March 4th . I sent my payment like I was instructed. In April I was told I had to pay everything that I owed or I would go into forclosure. They have harrassing me since the beginning of April. After I explained I was in forberance they said they didn't know anything about it. What is going on? I was told CHASE represents investors for Fanny May and Indi BAnk. Is this true? And everyone is right they seem to want me to go into forclosure. So is the Government behind this or in Chase not reporting what they are doing.

I sent my payment

• Vp
    vpmwdavis Apr 12, 2010

Guys chase is one of the worst lenders to deal with, they have very strict guidlines, your finances play 90% of the denial problems. There are ways to fall within the guidelines but requires some sacrafice on your part. I am the partner in a company called Blue Rock Consulting my cell # is [protected] if there is somthing you can do I will let you know. If there is not I will let you know, you may not like the answer but at least you will know the facts.

• Fr
    frustrated with Chase May 05, 2010

Chase is horrifying! I started a modification process with them a year ago. Each time I called I spoke to a different person that had to check the system. Then I find out that my records don't match their system! They always told me it was being reviewed and it would take 30-60 days...what a disappointment. They don't want to help homeowners. Next calls, they tell me 60-90 days. Then I get a call in December that I need to resubmit everything! The house was supposed to close on April 30th and I have had the run around in getting payoff figures. I had to postpone the closing...it was a cash sale and they would have been paid in full...TOTAL INSANITY!

• Dg
    D G L Jun 01, 2010

we applied over 12 months ago...it was supposed to be a three month trial period...well that is b.s...we made every payment on time, and called every month to find out what was going on...we just recieved a letter of denial and a statement saying we owe 12 grand or forcloser...unfreaken believable ! they won't allow us to talk to anyone else at the company and won't supply a reason. be very weary about there mods.

• Br
    Brianehill Jun 16, 2010

Chase approved my loan modification and after 3 months of no contact from chase and no credit for my payments, I called them after receiving intent to forclose and they pulled my modification without a reason and said they would be in contact with me after reviewing my modification. They have seriously poor services and im finding this breach of contract illegal but dont know who to turn to for help. I have lived here 2+ years and they have been a major pain and now want to take my home. I am finding after some research that im just one of many people with this problem.

• Ry
    Ryan M 082 Jun 24, 2010

Have been going through the loan modification process since 12-09 with Chase Bank only to have them stall for enough time that the information I submitted expired. Every time I call to check on the status I am told that they need additional information which I send certified mail and also fax to them using my Chase branch to fax this information, receiving verification of the fax. Now I am told my file has been CLOSED. I cannot find out who closed my file, no one will return my phone calls. This is such a scam. Chase is not going to help anyone.

• Mr
    MrThrasher Jul 10, 2010

I have had all of the same things happening to me, but in addition, the told me to stop making my trial payments after the 3rd one was paid. Several months went by and then I started getting foreclosure notices in the mail. I called and they asked why I stopped making the payments...:S...because I was told to STOP!!! It has been a year of frustration with this company and have yet to make any progress...just one more form away from approval...

• Mr
    MrThrasher Jul 10, 2010

If anyone has taken steps in legal action please send me a message and let me know what you know. I am on the edge of what to do next.

• Pe
    peter Jul 25, 2010

where can we get up to date answers for help on chase home finance modification scam. seems like we are all riding along on this titanic journey waiting for the final
    boot!

Chris From LA Jul 27, 2010

I would like the same information. We have had at THREE modification agreements with them. All and have "redone" because of changing legislation or procedures. I have been sending them money for over 2 years. Now they tell me that I am 21 months behind. They can't tell me where they posted our payments. Does anyone else have a similar story?

• Tg
    tgunn01 Aug 04, 2010

Dealing with the exact same thing here in Texas, just a few miles away from you. They are completely screwing people all across the country.

• M7
    m72 Aug 04, 2010

KEEP MAKING YOUR PAYMENTS EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT YET ON A HOME MODIFICATION.Or if you are on one and now you are not and you are waiting on another one.Keep paying every month even if they tell you NOT to!

• Nj
    Njr2002 Aug 06, 2010

I'm having the same problem for 1 1/2 years and I can't get any straight answers from them on what is going on. Do they have you western union the payments and not apply the money? I'm getting a lawyer when I figure out what kind to hire

hadituptohere Aug 10, 2010

We are going on a year of dealing with the joke that is Chase Bank. They have done the same to us and now we owe upwards of $9, 000 to bring the loan up to date. We have silled out the modification paperwork 3 times and been told conflicating stories by many different Chase employees. They are very inept and rude and we are about to just give up and let them have the house.

• Ro
    rookia Sep 10, 2010

I started the modification loan back in feb of '08. Chase have given me the run around every since. We were told not to make any payments for 9 months while we were going through the loan mod. This caused us to get behind and go into forclosure. This is what chase wants its customers to do. Finally I received a workout plan the payment on the house didnt change much. Wanting to save my home I sent back the packet hoping it would eliminate the stress that chase has already caused my family. Well the paper work was misplaced and they have giving me the run around every since. It seems to me that they want to cause stress and not help home owner's.

save your home Sep 20, 2010

Chase is horrible to deal with. My story is pretty much the same. I called Chase to find out what to do because my 3-month trial period was up and they said that my loan was in review and to keep making payments. Chase accepted my 4th payment but returned the 5th stating that I was denied. No reason just denied. I called Chase and was told to reapply but that they would NOT be able to accept any more payments. I have been putting payments in my savings account since they stopped accepting them and would advise anyone in the same situation to do just that. It has now been months since all this started. Now my loan is in default, which is no surprise because, CHASE STOPPED ACCEPTING PAYMENTS! I have since hired a lawyer and guess what Chase is now trying to contact me. Well I have nothing to say to them. They can go pound sand. All the stress they put me through when I was already having a hard time is not acceptable.

Chase is of no help with home modifications. Don’t fall into their trap or you will loose your home.

• Jl
    jlocraig Sep 21, 2010

Same story!! Started almost a year ago with trying the modification process. Each time our paperwork was "lost" or it was never received, or was out of date due to them backlogged. We resubmitted basically every 2 months, with phone calls weekly to find out progress. We were told to make trial payments, then while making these payments where told to stop, they could not take our payments. Which dug us even deeper in the hole!! After 9 months of the "modification" process we were denied. But Chase asked us about forbearance for the 3 months? What is that going to do? We are still behind now and facing foreclosure, and when I asked about another option( I have a FHA loan), a partial claims payment, they had no idea what I was talking about but it is on their website and on their brochures they send you.

Chase is HORRIBLE, does their business DIRTY, and someone needs to stop them. They want people to lose their houses and by no means provide HOPE for HOMEOWNERS!!!

There has to be a law against this, Chase is UNETHICAL, ORGANIZED CRIME or should I say UNORGANIZED CRIME!!!

Hamilton Lane Oct 11, 2010

Ryan, I am in the exact same boat as you. On Friday 10/8/10 I received a letter from a 3rd party that my house was sold to Sheriffs Auction in the 1st week of Sept. I was never informed of Foreclosure. I don't now what to do.

• Ro
    ronnnieward Oct 11, 2010

same thing here...except a week ago i finally got my modification...and it was 120$ a month more than the original payment...1244 a month on a 98000 house...and they gave me 6 days to come up with a 1400 down payment for the modification loan...what a load...they led me on for seventeen months..telling me that my modification would be around the same as my trial payments (650 a month)...i've sent the papers back to them unsigned...and told them i didn't think their joke was very funny

chasehomefinancesucks Oct 28, 2010

everyone please email or write the white house administration, they helped me fight chase and they will help you too! here is the link:

chasehomefinancesucks Oct 28, 2010

Also visit http://chasehomefinancesucks.com to get help fighting chase

• Hi
    Hinderloppet Jan 03, 2011

I am in the same situation. Unfortunately, their strategy is to stall until you are so frustrated that you toss them the keys. You have a couple of options.

1. Send them a qualified written request asking for a copy of the original promissory note you signed (they most likely do not have it since your loan has been probably sold multiple times, and they are just the servicer). If they cannot find a copy of the orignal note, they cannot do anything to you.

2. Find a good attorney. It is the only way they will listen to you. Otherwise, they are going to just stall until they can foreclose on you. The last thing they want to do is offer you a modification. Even if you put a gun to their head.

• Er
    ernestj Jan 18, 2011

Same horror story here spanning two years. It's your worst nighmare! I've been given every reason possible for denial and asked to refile for a different program several times. No matter whether you snail-mail, FedEx, UPS, or what, they can't seem to keep up with them. After two years and several denials, they have finally sent us a proposal of a trial modification period of three months offering to bring our payments from $1, 250 to $545 a month. At first I was so happy and relieved. However, I have found through consumer complaints that it can and probably will backfire and I'll end up oweing more on my original loan and paying a lot to catch up. I don't know if any of this has been worth it and I am afraid to send another payment in because Chase does what it wants to with your payments. They paid my taxes (taxes and insurance have always been paid by homeowner for 10 years) with the last original payment I made. It's ruining families all across this nation and there is no where to turn. I have checked with a couple of attorneys that I know and they were not interested. Anyone know of a working class action lawsuit yet?

• Ca
    Carolina Kowalski Mar 14, 2011

I have been trying a loan modification since 2008 and it has been denied without even a reason about 5 times since then.
    During the first 2 loan modifications I was actually up to date on my loan but after not being listened to and hearing from other people that I should stop paying the mortage I did.
    It has now been 3 years, fighting with Chase and getting the run-around.
    SInce then my credit has gone to hell, my income is lower, my house is worth less than half what my loan is, and I’m in default over 30k.
    I feel completely tricked by Chase… and after seeing the Documentary “Inside Job” (won an oscar) it totally makes sense to me!
    The banks are pretty much betting against their own loans and making money from defaults.

I’m about to cry after hearing one 5th time that my loan modification was denied because the application was incomplete. I too have kept a log of every conversation and every paperwork sent.

I’d love to find a good lawyer that can represent me.

My house is in Miami, FLorida.
    I’ve been told at this point I can try another loan modification or a payment plan with the bank but a payment plan would actually increase my monthly payment so that’s pointless.

Do you have any suggestions? Anyone else in Florida?
    What should I do?
    I feel like I have a very strong case to sue the bank... beginning with the fact that my loan shouldn't even have happened... it's one of those the banks tagged as a good loan knowing it would probably end up in default and on top of that I was a good-paying customer until 2008 when Chase themselves advised me that a loan modification would not happen unless I was in default so I stopped paying... they tricked me into defaulting and then wasted 3 years until I had enough debt that I'd have to be forced to lose my home.

• Mi
    Michael-ifft Mar 14, 2011

hello have you called the hope line number???? that is what i did and they have help me with my re-loan mod... it is 100%free to... phone number ## [protected] they well help you

Chase-messed-me-up Mar 29, 2011

My wife and I put in for a loan modification thorough Chase and it was the worst thing we ever done in our lives, so please take heed. Our home was not up-side down, we never been late on payments, and had excellent credit. We simply had no money left month to month. We were house poor, but were not delinquent on anything. From the time we asked for relief, Chase began treating us like they were a collection agency. They got all our information of hardship, and then proceeded to damage our credit so no one else would do business with us. They originally appraised our home at $400, 000, how they list the value on their web site at $220, 000. They put us in an escrow and said they paid our insurance and tax, but they didn’t. Thank God we followed up and paid it ourselves. A lot of people got messed up with that one and wound up with insurance lapses. They also cut our line of credit, back-dating it hoping some checks would bounce by the time we got the letter in the mail. Beware! Chase will drag you around with no intention of helping you. Please do not put in for a modification. If you have no other recourse, unfortunately the best thing to do is sell it or walk from it. Dealing with Chase for help, you will definitely be worse off. If you are current with bills and have good credit, but you’re simply house poor, It will be the worst thing you possible could do.

Mark McKnight Apr 19, 2011

Every complaint I'm reading I've been through. When I listed my complaint I would have been typing for 2 days but remained brief. We don't have any clue as to what's gonna happen.

maku288 May 08, 2011

Dear Mr.Mohammed Alqubaisi,

This Mail is to bring your kind attention that the service what i have got from your employees end is the worst i had ever got from any bank.I personally am a banker but i have always followed up with my customers requirement and tried to fulfill the same as an when required.

I lost my wallet in month of February.Immediately I called your Customer service Dept to block the card.After the police complain lodged in Al Meena station i was able to get me wallet back in some ten days time.Again i gave a call back in your call center in order to unblock the card.From That time onwards i been asking for some or other documents and i have been providing that, In the same time i have following the same with your call center executives who are of no use on the activation.They always promise me some or other thing which never gets delivered.My concern is that I have using your Company credit card from quite sometime now and always been a good customer.If your company doesn't wants to unblock my card please cancel the same and refund me my credit amount.

Also when i was talking to one of your SCR i was told that you can cancel the card, Mind your language etc etc.What i am trying to send the message to you that UAE market is a competitive market.There are lots of bank and financial institutions which can offer the cards and the loans to the customers but only that company is able to capture the market who not only believes in sales but service also.Hope i am clear on the same..

Please do let me know if my card is getting unblocked or not, and please try to improve the customer service.rather than retaining the customers your people are letting them go.

Awaiting your response.

I was about to send this mail to central bank but i hope that you will take care of the same.

Regards...

• Hd
    HDbkrst May 25, 2012

I applied for a hardhip modification back in 2009. I was approved but have had nothing but problems since. The first year of payments went ok, so I thought, until one day in May 2010, when I got a letter stating that I owed over
    $4, 000.00 in interest. I called customer service, was transfered to another dept, then transfered again, and again and again. Finally, having enough of the run around and lack of help, I sent a letter to the President of the Home Finance Dept. A Supervisor got in touch with me and after almost a year, she finally got things straightened out. Turned out, my payments were not being posted to the interest but principle. After 3 years of payments going fine, once again, my interest this month went up, according to the modification, and guess what? I get on line to make a payment and notice that my amount due for May is over $2, 100.00 since Oct of 2010. So what have they been doing with my payments if it is not going towards the interest?! From looking at the statements, payments are not going towards my principle either! Once again, I called customer service. They transfered me to another dept. then another, and here we go again.. If I could refinance this loan with another bank, I would and might even give it a shot to see if that is possible in todays economy. I am not about to go through this crap again with Chase and the unknowledgable people they have working for them. Half the time I can't understand what they are saying and have to ask them to repeat themselves. Once again I will contact the President of Home Finance. I have had enough. For such a big bank one would think they would have people working for them that know what the heck is going on. But then again, they are the bank that just lost Billions!