Chase Credit Carderroneous fees and late charges

E

As I have purchased several items on Amazon I thought it would be convenience to get one of their credit cards. A couple of months after using the card Chase charged me with a late fee and a finance charge. They were showing the payment date as one day after their due date. I knew this could not be correct because payment had been made by electronic payment by my bank. After calling and complaining about the charges they finally agreed to credited them off. I then set my payment request to be issued three days before the due date just to be on the safe side and guess what? They showed the payment as being received four days late or again one day after the due date. Again I called and this time all they gave me was static about how it was all my fault that they cannot post the payments in the correct time frame. Before I called the first time I had checked with my bank about the time it took for the payments to be received by Chase or anyone else receiving a electronic payment and was assured that payments were received within 1 to 2 business days of being issued. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the Kansas Attorney General's office and also notified Amazon that I was canceling their credit card and the reason why. Be aware that this is a scam by Chase to enrich their financial surplus and should be reported to the federal authorities.

• Ph
    philip peterson Oct 14, 2009

On October 10 as I was doing my online banking with Chase I noticed that a $0.00 amount was due. Again on the evening of October 12 I was verifying my account information and noticed a $39 late fee on still $0.00 minimun payment due. When I called to inquire how Chase could charge a $39 fee on $0.00 minimun payment due according to my most recent online Chase.com statement they insisted it was duty and responsibility to keep up my payments to avoid late fees. Again, I explained to them and also asked them to explain to me how Chase could charge $39 late fee on $0.00 minimun payment due? They gave me the continuous scripted explanation and their inability to waive the $39 late fee. When I asked to speak to a Supervisor the representative insisted no supervisor was available to take my call, and that I would recieve the same answer. As I then asked if the department was left to run amuk without Supervision she put me on hold and when returned said no supervisor was available. So, does anyone else know a good mathmatician to explain our government run banks the simple addition and subtraction tables to explain this one?

• Pi
    PissedOFFinVirginia Jan 18, 2010

I have had a chase card for 5 months and not once have I received a paper or electronic statement. Every month I have to call and complain. Each month they verify my address and each month nothing. They tell me it is the fault of the internet and post office that I do not receive statements and that I have all of the information that I need to pay my bill online regardless. Of course every month the bill date changes significantly. So this month I just logged on because again, no statement, and my bill was due on the 12th. Now I have been charged a $39 late fee and interest. Of course when I called to complain, both the first CS rep and the "supervisor" were of no assistance. They said that it is my responsibility to determine each month when my bill is due and to pay accordingly. That is HORRIBLE customer service!!! Do not use CHASE credit cards. They are a fraudulant company. From what I have been reading online, it seems that this is one of their tactics for ensuring extra late payments. And of course "it is their policy as a bank not to refund late payments under any circumstance" (what the supervisor actually said to me). I am pissed off and I canceled my card!