certegy check writing companydeclined check 1 year ago

i wrote a check to k-mart 1 year ago during the holidays to and was declined , i then called the certegy number and the explanation i recieved was the check sequence was not in order. well what about checks that you write to various creditors or utilities and mail that have not been posted. so check #'s 2100, 2200, 2300 & 2400 may have been written and mailed the previous day and then you go to k-mart and you get declined because they don't have any record of those checks being written. i went through christmas eve not being able to buy the presents i had left because unfortunately my husband was out of town with the debit card. whalla! major whammy. needless to say i was so upset that i have not written a check to any merchent store for one whole year. i only write to utilities, car note etc.. how unfair is that. so does anyone know how to get a hold of certegy? thier websit is like a crackhead hiding from the landlord wanting the rent. as i am writing this i am feeling the whole situation replayed and i feel like the red headed stepchild of the check writing world. same goes for telecheck because the ball rolled uphill to telecheck and so on.

• Mi
    Mitzi y Feb 23, 2008

My information was stolen from CERTEGY by there employee now I am having trouble writing checks can I get into a class action sute against them, they are a bad check cashing company they should do away with them lets dont do business with any one who uses them

• Ti
    Tim Mar 05, 2008

I wrote a check at Pep Boys and it was declined. The reason reported was my bank has a limit. I called Certegy and finely talked to a person, They reported nothing wrong with my account. So now what? I called my bank concering a limit. They reported no limit on my accout. I guess I'll need to ask each time before I write a check about who they use to verify the check.