Certegy Check Servicesdeclined checks!

L

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• To
    tommie hab Apr 18, 2014

I just had an experience with Certegy when I ordered from a mail order catalog called Brylane Home. I sent in an order form and a personal check. 10 days later I got it all back with a letter from Certegy that my check was declined because they didn't have enough information about me. I told them I have been shopping with B H for 20 years and have never had a problem. They said I had to give them my drivers license number. I told them that they had never needed it before and they weren't getting it now. Then I call Bryland and told them what happened and told them to never send me another catalog because I was done.

• Dr
    Dr. B. G. Woodall Mar 29, 2014

My wife's check for $284 and change was denied by Certegy. She called the Tampa office and got the "run around:. Even though their card states plainly that they will advise why they turned it down. The man was rude, crude, and obnoxious to her. She could have written a check for 10 times the amount and it would have been good.
    I agree that a class action suit should be filed. We would be interested.

Dr. B. G. W. - Houston, TX

• Ge
    Geri 52 Mar 09, 2014

Best Buy declined a personal check I tried to write for a TV purchase even though I had more than enough money in my account, then wanted me to sign up for their credit card for the purchase. I declined. I think this is some kind of ponzi scheme. I refuse to shop at any store who uses a company for check authorization guilty of such practices. I normally pay with a debit card but with all of the problems recently with fraud and ID theft in stores, thought a personal check would be safer. I agree with ewfwerwer statements as well although huge online retailers like amazon.com have no problems with customers using their checking accounts to make purchases. No wonder brick and mortar stores are going by the wayside, driving away their customers with practices like this.

Not at Marshall's Feb 20, 2014

Happened to me today at Marshall's... I was so embarrassed. Recently lost my debit card and having to use my checks until new card arrives in the mail. Before the lady started to check me out I asked her if they (Marshall's) take checks. The lady replied, Yes with a valid ID. I gave her my drivers license and then wrote the check only to be denied... I'm furious at this time... Why have checks if you can't use them!!! I'm thinking of talking with a lawyer in the morning!!!

Mark R. Rayburn Feb 18, 2014

went to walmart two days in a row to cash a payroll check it did not work eather time your electronic phone really. sucks it cant understand what you are telling the system need your system corrected

• Ew
    ewfwerwer Feb 07, 2014

In early 2013 the Federal Reserve and supporting industries at the Committee for Banking Oversight Reugulation determined that over $10 billion annually could be diverted from consumers purchasing goods with paper currency and check transactions by requiring the same purchases to pass through e commerce where it can be taxed an regulated. A resolution was proposed and passed to systematically decline paper check commerce over the next 5 years requiring consumers to use and carry bank issued credit and or debit cards. Not only does this spell the end of paper currency and checks but also diverts the lion share of the purchase transaction fee to the bank and the card processor's by charging the retailer upwards of a 3% fee just to sell their product. This is reminiscent of the 1920s VIG that was required to buy or sell in certain dark alleys and underprivileged neighborhoods. I t appears that the children of that generation knew a good thing when they saw it and have decided to bring it to Wall Street...

• Te
    teeturner Feb 01, 2014

I tried to cash a check at Dollar General for 22.96 yesterday and it was declined twice, she tried to run it through). Upon talking to someone on numerous attempts at Certegy they informed me I had a returned check that matched my driver's license. It was from another store from a few weeks prior. I had already called my bank (which I knew there was more than enough to cover my checks), they told me my account was fine. But I called back to make sure that particular check had cleared the bank which it had. Certegy claimed it was returned because they could not find me, I said well how were the rest of my checks being cashed with no problem then? That check was from the same series. They got rude and said they didn't have my address and couldn't return it to the bank but, as the lady at the bank said someone found me because they got the money out of my account. She said I needed to call them and talk to someone that could get that straight because they had messed something up. Everything at the bank was fine. Now Certegy has frozen my "privilege to cash checks" as they put it until "I" show proof that it has been paid. Then I have to call customer service and have them reinstate my privilege.

• Br
    brisc Jan 11, 2014

I just recently went to Walmart and tried to cash Short term Disability check. Reason code 2 also. Called Certegy to find out the reason why. I was on hold for 16 minutes before representative answered. I could hardly understand her and had to keep asking her to repeat. I did hear her say that nothing was wrong with the check but I had to go to local bank or check cashing location to cash. Before I could ask anything else, I was immediately disconnected. This is so ridiculous and so unprofessional. This definetley calls for a class action lawsuit. I too was going to shop at Walmart for groceries and other items but they truly have lost my business.

mahlbergs Jan 05, 2014

Certegy can not even cash a US treasury check. All because they do not want to put them in their system on the computer. I went to walmart to cash my US treary check and certegy would not let them cask it. US government checks are as good as gold or cash. But for some reason certegy does not trust their own government to pay for these checks. Because they would not cash my US government check I decided I was not going to shop at Walmart. So I went somewhere else and $2000.00 in merchandise I wantecd. This is a lost to walmart sales.

• Di
    DizzyWolf Dec 22, 2013

Sounds like a class action is needed!! I just had a check denied that was drawn from the J.P.Morgan bank in New York! There went my Christmas shopping.
    Who the hell are these people to deny anything???

• Je
    Jeniferemartin Dec 19, 2013

I was just at Target 12/19/2013 and wrote a check for 192.80 was declined and like all others was told to call certegy. I was told nothing negative with my bank account or check history. What they came up with was i dont write checks at stores normally so they stopped it. now to add to the insanity I have written checks at that Target before for larger amount with out issue. They offered to assist in prevent " future embarresment by signing up for their VIP program but the want me to fill out forms and give them my social security #, dob, bank account # and routing #. What the hell is with these people i have plenty money in my bank, no bad checks. So i have to basically have to give these corupt [censored] my personal info and send it in the mail in the hopes that i can spend my hard earned money where I want when i want. Who the hell are these people and who is monitoring them? this is like extortion give them what they want and you may get lucky and not be embarressed or going through the I just did huge shopping wasted and hour to be sent away. who knows what is going to come of this. Anyone interested in a class action suit please let me in on this...now if you google them lots of history of shady crap..be forwarned something wicked this way comes.

• Ed
    edds Dec 17, 2013

Had this happen to me at Staples. Declined my check. Called Certegy at Staples and could not find out the problem. Had funds in bank never wrote a bad check in my life. Very embarssing. I felt like everyone in line thought i was trying to cash a bad check. This needs to stop. Very stressfull for a person when it happens at night.

• Cr
    Creolamama Nov 27, 2013

Well I guess it was my turn today to be turned down. I have over 1, 200 dollars in my account, but when I tried to cash a 55 dollar check at Dollar General, my check was declined. No reason. I usually use a debt or credit card, but I couldn't put my hand on it, so rather than dig through my purse with a long line of people behind me I decided to write a check. I was so embarrassed then very angry when I realized it was for no particular reason other than it was different than how I normally pay. I ended up using my husbands credit card. But all those people in line thought I was some low life. I'm not happy with Dollar General but I guess it's not them but the sketchy company they are associated with.

• Cr
    Creolamama Nov 27, 2013

Well let me join the club. I was declined at Dollar General - no specific reason. The automated phone guy gave a list of ridiculous reasons. Basically since I normally use a credit card my checks must not be good. I have over 1, 200 dollars in my checking account, and the debt/credit card I use is from the same account. I could not put my hands on that card and rather than dig through my purse with a LONG line behind me, I wrote a check, that was declined - for no reason. Ended up using my husbands debt card. Just a way to move us to all plastic or a chip in our hand to scan.

• Sc
    scot870 Nov 08, 2013

So i guess you can add me to the list of hardworking Americans who have money in their checking accounts but are denied for some unknown reason while writing a check at a gas station. I wrote a $20 check at Murphys in front of Walmart and was denied in front of a line of people, the clerk would not run it again because he said it cost money every time he ran it. I know i have money in my account and looked shortly there after. I had a little over $700 in my account which should have been more than enough to cover a $20 check... Very frustrated...Scott

• Tk
    tkinil Nov 03, 2013

Hi Roz,
    I thought you (and all the others here) might find this information useful. If you google Certegy and BBB (Better Business Bureau) you will easily get the link to the Florida BBB and wow do they have a LOT of complaints. BBB also lists this address and phone number of Certegy, but also the names of the board of directors, managers, senior managers and titles. Here is the link and just a glance at what you can find there:
    Certegy
    (727) 556-9000View Additional Phone Numbers11601 Roosevelt Blvd N, Saint Petersburg, FL [protected]http://www.askcertegy.comView Additional Web Addresses - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/financial-check-authorization/certegy-in-saint-petersburg-fl-20687#sthash.oU1dRG0g.dpuf

Contact Information
    Principal: Mr. Gary A. Norcross (President)Customer Contact: Ms. Sarai Diaz (Supervisor of Correspondence)Mr Mike Anderson (Manager)Ms. Judy Carland (Vice President of Operations)Ms. Karen Harper Mr. Lee Kennedy (CEO)Ms. Cheryl Manning (Card Services)Mr. Dan Marley (Vice President)Ms. Keri Petersen (Information Specialist)Ms Anna Serato (Credit Card Services)Ms. Annalu Veranda (Customer Care, Check Services) - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/financial-check-authorization/certegy-in-saint-petersburg-fl-20687#sthash.oU1dRG0g.dpuf

The BBB has a huge red flag warning people about this company. If you file a report with BBB they will ensure Certegy gets it and will followup with dispute communication (both yours and their response). Don't know if this is helpful, but it is public information.

• Ro
    Roz McAllister Oct 08, 2013

Just left Walmart with my payroll check. When I called the number on the "receipt" from Walmart, I was told that there was nothing wrong with my check, just that they couldn't verify the funds with the bank. When I disputed that, than it changed to "it didn't meet the guidelines". When questioned about the guidelines, I was told it was "proprietary" and they could not help me. I than asked to speak to someone in the US (for the 2nd time!), and the man in FL told me the same thing. I than asked for the street address so that they could be served with court papers, I was denied that information as well.

I will be calling Walmart and placing a further complaint.

• Sh
    shaynahoward Sep 16, 2013

I had the same thing happen to me with a employer check my bank aid it couldnt cash is because of certegy. Who the hell are these people and how do they do business if they decline every bodies checks that doesnt even make any sense.

• Ti
    Tina Schubert Sep 12, 2013

I had the same experience as all of you. Last night I went to PetSmart and wrote a check for $59.39, which I have freqquently done in the past. I was told that I wasn't declined for any negative reason, other than a COMPUTER evaluated my overall check writing habits...whatever THAT means!! I haven't had any checks returned, I have nothing pending, and I occasionally write checks. HOW EMBARRASSING to have to leave a large bag of dog food for the manager to put back on the shelf, when I didn't do ANYTHING WRONG!!! It is ABSURD that I should have endured such embarrassement, considering how much money I make, and given the fact that I haven't had any checks returned!!!

• Wi
    wifi8827 Aug 03, 2013

their system declined your check because it was trying to protect you against fraud. Maybe it was a false case, but if it was a real case of fraud I doubt you would be here whining about it,

• Ca
    Carol Gaul Jul 29, 2013

Purchased cat food from Petsmart in Hilliard, Ohio, where I have shopped before, on 7/25/13, wrote a check in the amount of 157.34 and the check was not accepted. The store ran it through twice, at which time I wrote another check from another personal check book which went through. Upon looking at the sales receipt, I called the Certegy phone number and the recording was telling me to use my debit card, credit card or cash. When all my cash was put into my checking account that I was first trying to use, why in the world would I have any cash on me?????
    I finally talked to someone by the name of J.R.and nothing he told me made any sense as to why my check didn't go through as there was plenty of money in the account. Who is Certegy to decline my check and why? I do not want to have anything to do with this company who thinks they have the right to tell me when and how I can write my own personal checks with plenty of money in the account.. Who gives them this right????? If it is the company like Petsmart, Walmart, Kmart or any other company I find out is affliated with Certegy Check Services, I WILL NOT shop there anymore. Carol Gaul

• Me
    MELLEE Jul 02, 2013

THIS WHOLE SYSTEM IS A JOKE! CERTERGY AT A WALMART IN LITTLE ROCK AR REFUSED TO ACASH A UNITED STATES TREASURY CHECK ISSUED TO ME BY THE GOVERNMENT! ALL INFORMATION WAS CORRECT ON ALL DOCUMENTS!

• Ho
    holly mabry Jun 13, 2013

I can't even get any one on phone to find out why I couldn't cash a check. I dont have any bad checks of any kind. This makes know sense?????Been on hold for 31 minutes. This is ridiculous! I've never even heard of Certegy...never had any problems cashing checks.

• Pa
    paul harden Jun 01, 2013

I have a check from you that I am trying to cash from claim that I got from you in the amount of 465.85 and no one will cash it.

• Al
    ALFimzadi Apr 28, 2013

I have lost both my debit cards, and it was getting hot today, so I pulled into Kum & Go, where I always go to get gas, snacks, and soda for the family. I have written checks there on multiple occasions without a problem. However this time, the clerk (who has never seen me before, of course) ran it twice and got the same decline. I called the number, to be told this wasn't because I had written bad checks, but they analyzed information and had to decline it...what information are you analyzing then. It then tells me I can apply for their Gold application which *might* prevent this in the future, but it is not a guarantee. While trying to get their automated system to work, it transfers me to a human who very quickly says "Thank you for calling Certegy however my systems are currently updating. Goodbye" and hangs up. I waited 4 hours and called back to get the same darn message! I immediately called back and got a woman who will send me my report, but she said it was a credit report?! I NEVER authorized this company to access my credit report, and their website says they don't look at credit scores, so what exactly are they analyzing?! I am so embarrassed, angry, and mad right now...I haven't bounced a check, I have overdraft protection so even if I did it would be covered, and the check was only $8.78, so not even half what they would charge if the check did bounce. I might have to go back to Casey's from now on, but I'm going to call to see if they use Certegy first, because I will no longer shop at K-mart, Target, Kum & Go, or other places that use this service.

• Tr
    Triny Apr 28, 2013

I also tried to write a check to Verizon Wireless for a phone for $389. I don't write checks often but my check was declined as well. I contacted Certegy while I was still there and they told me as well as the clerk that my check did not meet their guidelines due to the fact that I did not have a chexk writing history. They told me to try again with a different check and for a different amount. I did so and wrote my check for $70 and it was still declined. I, too did not have a bad history of, bad check writing and had more than enough to cover both checks. Certegy also told me to fill out an application for VIP check writing. It was very embarassing even thoigh it was no fault of my own. If anyone does get a class action lawsuit started count me in!

• Mj
    MJB123 Apr 14, 2013

I had tried to write a check at Lowe's for $144.18 on 4-13-13, I was told the check was declined due to negative information on file at a company named Certegy Check Services.
    I called to bank and verified that nothing was wrong with my checking account and was told everything was fine. However my check was declined and I turned around used my debit card linked to the same account and it was accepted. I do no understand how an outside company that knows nothing about you can decline your check. Even though the money is in the bank. This was a very sad example of how we have not control of how we are treated sometimes even as we try to be law abiding citizens and DO NOT GO AROUND WRITING BAD CHECKS. I have never had any overdrafts on my checking account. I worked at a bank for more than 20 years and I have never heard of a company that overrides the bank were you have your checking account. I hope this company gets it system straight.

• Hg
    HG13 Mar 04, 2013

I was declined yesterday at Macy's- I have more than enough $$$ in my checking account. Thankfully I had enough cash with me as I was with my children. I am so open to a class action law suit as well. what do we need to do to start it. I think this is crazy.

• Ia
    Ian_Tumbos_Thief_08 Mar 02, 2013

The same thing happened here. Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA TelemaTechs ripped us off. He took our money and run away with it. BEWARE of Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs residing at Guzman Street, Mandurriao Iloilo City, Philippines. Phone number: +[protected].

Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs is running a scam from the Philippines. Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs will take your money and run with it.

Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs has a fake address in a run down building in the US: 610 S Coronado, Los Angeles, CA 90017.

Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs has a fake (magicjack) phone number in the US [protected].

Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs will not even run a campaign for you or your company. All Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs does is give you lies and excuses..
    ** Our company got called by Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs and sold us on 30 appointments for $1, 400 in a month.
    ** It has been now almost six months and Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs did not deliver any appointments.
    ** Ian Tumbos in Philippines AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs is no longer taking our calls nor answering our dozen emails.
    ********** BEWARE OF THIS TELEMARKETING SCAM & TELEMARKETING FRAUD***********************************

• Rh
    Rhonda Bull Feb 11, 2013

My personal check for $78.71 was declined by this so-called "service" at the Dollar General Store in a very small community of which I am new home owner. There was no reason. I was lucky I had my debit card with me. Strange though the same service accepted the debit card, from the same bank & same account for the purchase. This I thought was strange. But - How dare them. I was so embarrassed & confused by this. 1) had my checking account been drained by some one, & 2) I knew there were plenty of funds in the account. So Totally Embarrassed. Naturally this created a line back up so Everyone in this little Dollar Store got to hear my check was declined - "incorrect information between my Driver License information & the check information. Oh my how fraudulent do I look now. Also note, I do not have another Dollar General Store within 30 miles to go to, so I will have to go back to this one. I called Certegy 866 # listed on the print-out given to me at the store, this turned out to be a poor imitation of an automated system but assured me, having my check declined was no fault of mine or my account just some sort of protection used For My Protection as well as the Dollar General Store - BUT here we go, the Catch to this mystery - I could enroll in Certegy Gold & I would Never have this problem again. So since my account was new & I had written like a total of 2-3 checks they jumped hoping to scare or embarrass me into signing up for this "Gold" service . It is nothing more than a "sales" slup, like the old telemarketing slup. I am now over being embarrassed & mad as hell. How dare them decline my check. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I will send a certified letter with copies to the Dollar General Stores National & Regional Directors, along with the store manager at the store I was in. I will probably, when I cool off think of several more to send a complaint to over this incident. I am not taking this lightly. I urge any others who have this experience with this "Certegy" company to file all the complaints they can & especially one with the BBB.

Anna Pearson Feb 01, 2013

This morning I went to my local Walmart in Brooklyn Center, MN and Certegy declined my payroll check. I was flabbergasted. I feel I was treated like a common criminal. THIS IS MY PAYCHECK! I literally gave blood, sweat and tears to earn this money. I work in Emergency Dispatch. I usually have direct deposit, but this was an instance that I received a paper check. I called the 1 866 number and got the total runaround. On the receipt Walmart gave me, I learned that I can have the file/reason this happened. I have since requested it to be sent to me. . I initially avoided my bank ( Wells Fargo), because I couldn't afford to have my money "held hostage" for up to five days. In the end I did go to them, and they made my day! Came in, I had a melt down, and left there smiling :) Should've went to them in the first place. Lesson learned. I plan on filing a complaint to BBB, and Attorney General in my state of MN. I am so open to a class action lawsuit.

• Ga
    Garofolo, jr Jan 21, 2013

I have been trying to resolve disputes with Certigy since November, 2012. I have a called their Customer Care Line multiple times. They were going to mail me out a detailed statement in early, January, 2013. My accounts are all in balance and my overdraft has been resolved. I have been able to settle two disputes with two merchants on my own, I can't seem ti get a straight answer from these people.

• Mp
    MPR6803 Dec 28, 2012

I WAS ALSO A VICTIM OF CERTEGY. I WAS SHOPPING AT MY LOCAL LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE AND WAS DECLINED WITH MY PERSONAL CHECK. I HAVE BEEN SHOPPING AT THIS SAME STORE FOR MANY YEARS AND BEEN WRITNG CHECKS AT THIS SAME STORE FOR MANY YEARS. GIVEN THE SAME SLIP OF PAPER AND WAS ASKED TO CALL THEIR NUMBER.
    I WAS TOLD BY A CERTEGY REP THAT THERE WAS NO NEGATIVE INFO ON MY ACCOUNT AND THEY STATED THAT THEIR COMPUTER DECLINED MY CHECK BECAUSE OF CHECK WRITING PATTERNS.-- I DON'T WRITE THAT MANY CHECKS.
    I DO MOST OF MY PAYMENTS ONLINE. THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT TO COVER THIS TRANSACTION.
    I AM A SELF EMPLOYED CONTRACTOR AND BECAUSE OF THIS SITUATION. I HAD TO BUY MY MATERIALS ELSEWHERE AT A HIGHER COST.
    I AGREE WITH ALL 19 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND FEEL THER SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THE OUTFIT.--THIS IS PURE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST HARD WORKING AMERCIAN PEOPLE.

• Fi
    Fiofane Dec 15, 2012

Went to fill my diesel truck with fuel and it was 11/08/2012 @ Murphy USA in Grand Haven, MI Paid with a check and it was denied. I called the number on the slip the gal gave to me at the pump. First time for this to happen. I purchased $110 on 10/24/2012 and no problem with check processing. CERTEGY CHECK SERVICES EVEN ADMITS THAT I HAVE GOOD CREDIT and no issues with my check. What they did want was for me to enroll in their CERTEGY GOLD program. That “might” help stop the check deny problem in the future! I would not enroll in it.

THEN 11/23/2012 was when my credit card was compromised. I believe I gave them way too much information that they could have used to hack into more info.

Anyway, yesterday at Murphy USA which by the way is next to the Walmart in Grand Haven which was 12/03/2012 I went in first to talk to the clerk and that what had happened the last time 11/08 and the clerk said go ahead and get the fuel. Told him I did not have cash or credit card for the purchase just my checking. That was okay. I thought it might be around $100 but it was only $80. Well, he informed me that the check didn’t go through. Gave me the slip to call Certegy.

I called today. No person to talk to. I really hope that my check was processed today. The money is in the bank!!! It was the last time!!!

CERTEGY IS A SCAM and I also believe it is hurting Murphy Oil USA cause their prices are low compared to other stations in the area and would like to continue to do business there HOWEVER CERTEGY IS THE PROBLEM!!!

angry oldster Dec 05, 2012

I am also a victim of certegy. My bank has been dealing with Certegy on their error. I am planning to file a complaint with the FTC. I do not think a company like this should be allowed to damage a person's credit because of their internal error. They called my bank and said the mistake was their fault and they were checking into resolving the problem and would let the bank know the results. Ya right!!! Certegy has caused Macys to lose a good customer because of this. I hope more people complain and a class action suite against Certegy would be great!!!

• Aw
    awful business practices Nov 28, 2012

I agree with you. This happened to me as well at Publix. I wrote a check the week prior with no problem and yesterday I wrote one which Certegy denied. This denial, according to Certegy, was due to the inability to identify me in their system as they had no information on me. This was a total embarrassment. Publix lost a customer as well as any other merchant that uses this poor company. Companies need to understand they are losing customers not preventing fraud!

• Wa
    Wanderer489 Nov 12, 2012

I was just declined by Certegy for the third time in two days at Toys r us. I was there yesterday wrote a 400.00 check and it was declined. I was given [protected] which I called and was told if I wrote the check again there would be no problem. I went back today tried again and was declined again. I called the number again and was told the same thing as the people on the 19 pages of complaints that are before my comment. there was no problem with my account. There was no negative information about me or my account but they couldn't override the decision. I asked for a supervisor who repeated the same line as the two people I spoke to before. She said she upgraded my account status I asked if that meant I could write a check she said that wasn't certain but was more likely. I had my cell phone on speaker so the employees at the register could hear (it was near closing and the store wasn't busy) then after the call they took a third check and tried again, Declined. Certegy sucks avoid stores that use this low life company and tell them why.

Anderson Walker Jr Nov 02, 2012

I receive a retirement check each month from Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System and go to Wal-Mart to get it cashed at the Money Gram last month they cashed without any problem and this month they will not cash it and this has happened before and I just went somewhere else, but this is unfair

• Tf
    tfiglar Oct 30, 2012

I just went down to the gas station here to get 25.00 in gas I have always written them a check and never had a problem. I had to pre pay and when he rang up the sale I gave him my check and it has declined it never had this happen to me before. I tried calling them and get this automated guy and not a real person. I am beyond pissed right now. The cashier told me to give them a call and tell them that this is ### because he knows that my checks haven't declined before. These people need to be stopped. We work hard for our, money .

• Te
    texas_navy_it Oct 27, 2012

I tried to pay for 50.00 in gas at murphy gas station and was declined for no reason other than there is a pattern. I am military and move around a lot so a break in pattern is not out of the normal for me. When I try to pay for something it should not be declined due to algorithm. I don't know how much these companies are paying for these services but the need to stop.