[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linesfood on a carnival ship

D Jul 03, 2019

Check Cruise critic about the mashed potatoes only one night in the buffet. Carnival what is your problem.? All other cruise lines have them every day. The chef on one Carnival ship told me something very stupid. We do not have them every day because not many people eat them. That is the most ridiculous answer I ever heard. On other cruise lines they are constantly refilling them. How stupid. What is the problem? I have been a Diamond member with Carnival for a long time now and no longer will cruise a lot with them because of this. That may sound stupid on my part. But I also go on a cruise to enjoy the food. Yes you can get them in the MDR. We stopped going to the MDR long ago. Most of the time it is the same food in the buffet and you can just get up and get more. No waiting. Why is it such a problem to have mashed potatoes on the buffet every afternoon and evening. Not everyone likes a baked potato or rice with turkey and other food.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jul 15, 2019

Thank you for posting your concern.

Let me first begin by thanking you for your support. As a diamond VIFP member, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

I’m terribly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding how often we serve mashed potatoes in the Lido restaurant. We realize that dining should be the highlight of a cruise and while it normally is, I’m sorry the lack of mashed potatoes is affecting your experience with us. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate area so they are aware and for any future consideration.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment and thank you for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

Sincerely,