[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines — credit for another cruise
Due to the recent passing of my mother me and my family are unable to go on our 6 day eastern Caribbean cruise porting from Ft.lauderdale Florida December 3rd-9th booking number 7TS9R5 I am very unpleased and dissatisfied with the offer I received of only 120$ as a refund when I simply asked for a credit so we can go on our much anticipated trip at a later time due to the unexpected passing which has caused our family much hardship and grief
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Nov 27, 2017
We are sorry to learn about the circumstances that are leading to the canceling of their cruise. While we certainly sympathize with their situation, our policy states that cancellations made 14 days or less prior to sailing, or "No Shows, " receive no refunds. It is for this reason that we strongly encourage consumers to purchase our Vacation Protection Plan to protect them from these kinds of potential losses.
To be reviewed for a possible future cruise credit for the penalty amount, they can send in a letter to our Guest Admin department with supporting documentation. These requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. They will need to send in the documentation along with the letter as soon as possible and it can take 4 to 6 weeks for a response as they are handled in the order they are received. The letter and documentation needs to be sent to [protected]@carnival.com after the booking has been cancelled.
Our heartfelt condolences go out to them and their family during this difficult time.
Carnival Cruise Line
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - Loss of earned free interior room offer and loss of 35 percent off offer