Carnival Cruise Linescarnival victory sailed on 11/09/2018 to nassau, bahamas

B Nov 16, 2018

Good Morning,

Booking number:4ZBW18

I work for an Airline and have the ability to travel anywhere in the world, but my son and mother's birthday wishes were to go on a Cruise. So, I planned a wonderful vacation to celebrate my son's, mother's and my birthday on board. My expectation was to sleep, eat and be able to relax. My booking agent was very helpful, informative and courteous.

The day before the cruise I was contacted to upgrade my cabin and we upgraded to a balcony to maximize our experience.

The day arrived to begin our short vacation. We boarded smoothly and proceeded to our cabin. Shortly after two men from what appeared was maintenance knocked on our door asking if we had an issue with our toilet. We said no because we had no knowledge of it. Turns out there was an issue. Later on Friday night, the toilet started leaking we called housekeeping, guest services and maintenance to report it. About two hours later a man showed up and quickly "fixed" the toilet.
At about 4:46am my woke me up hysterical because our room was getting flooded. The water was coming from the "fixed" toilet. The water was midway through the room, reaching my 13 year old son as he was sleeping. I called house keeping and maintenance and there was no aswer. Until I finally reached guest services. I grabbed towels to hold off the water and placed them in the carpet and used a trash can to empty some of the leaking water from the toilet to the shower drainage. It was a horrible experience. My husband and I had to sleep in the balcony for a couple of hours until the situation was "resolve".
At about 9:00am Philip from Guest Services contacted us to see if there was any way he could make up for a horrendous experience. We proceeded to speak to him and as a courtesy he offered any option from their excursions in the Bahamas. We opted for a complementary day to Atlantis for all of us. As we went back to the room to get ready to go to Atlantis the room was flooded again!!!Atlantis was beautiful but I was extremly tired and sleep deprived along with the rest of my family. I also realized they needed us out of the room as long as possible to work on the issue and dry the carpet, so we ended up doing them a favor.

I felt we needed further compensation and asked for an onboard credit and was advised nothing else could be granted.

Upon arrival I called customer service spoke to an agent who thought was doing me a favor by offering me 15% off my next Cruise, he was noncholant and indifferent about the whole situation. His supervisor offered a 20% credit towards my next Cruise.

I feel insulted as my family and I were completely robbed from a relaxing Cruise experience. We lost sleep, time, some of our items got wet and were disposed of. I am requesting for a refund of my money or something equivalent to that.

RESOLVED

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 26, 2018

Dear Bibiana,

Thank you for posting your concerns.

This is certainly not the typical experience our guests expect while sailing with us and I’d like to extend my personal apologies for the situations you’ve described. I’m also very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the manner in which our team addressed your issues and apologize that our genuine concern didn't make the impact it should have. We truly regret your impression from your first Carnival cruise was so unfavorable and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m sorry you are dissatisfied with the compensation extended; however, our position remains unchanged, we are not able to offer you any other form of compensation.

It is always discouraging for us to learn that our guests have returned home disappointed. We hope you’ll take advantage of our offer and allow us the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

Sincerely,