Canadian Tire — brake job
I'm unhappy with the service that I have had in the tire maintenance department. I recently had purchased some new tires from your store in Kelowna and had them installed. Over the following few days I had started to hear a noise in the front passenger wheel. So I brought the truck in to have them take the tire off and inspect to see if something dislodged during my tire install. They noticed that I had a seized brake caliper which had nothing to do with my tire install, so I had them go ahead and replace the caliper and do the front brake rotors and brake pads. I went to pick up the truck an hour later paid my bill and got into my truck. As I drove out of the parking lot and away a few blocks down the road I went to stop at a red light and my pedal went completely to the floor and only slightly slowed me down not stopping me. I managed to run through the red light not hitting anybody with two little children in the back seat of my truck. Long story short, I made it home a couple more blocks and phoned the service manager. He told me to drive it in and they would correct the problem. I said it was unsafe to drive, so he sent 2 guys to my house the following morning. Who ended up driving it back to the shop and bleeding the brakes. I looked at my paperwork from the initial job and it did state that they bled the brakes. I never did receive a follow up phone call. I feel I am owed some sort of compensation because this could have turned out in a fatality or a huge vehicle accident and my families life was on the line.
I would appreciate a follow up and a reply. Thanks
435 Dell Rd Kelowna B.C.
Phone number [protected]
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly!
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service
- Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection - e test
- Canadian Tire - return
- Canadian Tire - vehicle service department
- Canadian Tire - parts and service
- Canadian Tire - damange to engine auto repair