Canadian Tireauto shop misdiagnosis

A

I had my 2009 Chevy Aveo Towed to 1519 Regent Ave West branch. My car was not starting and i gave the service agent the information about how the car died. I explained to him that the car started to shake and sputter, with the engine and hold light flashing. I handed him the keys. About an hour later we received a call to come back down and get the diagnosis. The invoice stated word for word " no power to small terminal on starter, possible ECM or instrumental cluster issue customer recommended to report to deal for repair." So we took the advice and called Chevy and got them to order the ECM that cost 335 dollars to install with labour. What chevy found out is that it was neither the ECM or instrument cluster. We then spoke to the Service adviser at chevy and she said "we dont normally like to throw other companies under the bus but, it was nothing to do with either of these suggestions. My partner and i were both not happy to find this out. So we went to Canadian Tire Regent location and spoke to a service manger that was at the till. we explained the situation to him and all we wanted was the 130.00$ for diagnosis they gave us or part of it back, considering it was maybe 50 dollars in labor for them to find that out, and 335 dollars it cost us from their "suggestion"). He said because the word PROBABLY was in the diagnosis that it was a guess they had. I said well we took YOUR word for it. If you weren't sure your mechanic should have said "we have no idea, take car to dealer ship, we'll only charge you 50 dollars because we couldn't help you." we just wanted some compensation for the inaccurate diagnosis. Considering they weren't right at all. He refused to compensate us which was greatly disappointing. I have always brought my vehicle to Canadian tire for anything auto body wise, and as it stands i'm never going to consider or recommend, services or suggestions from this company again unless i am reimbursed.