Canadian Payment Services, First DataCanadian Payment Services refusing to pay commissions to sales representatives

A

Steven King, the Vice-President had blatantly refused to pay commissions on 8 deals that were completed. He took the 20 plus deals that were processing and circumvented me on my commissions. He emailed me and threatened and in fact did circumvent me with my merchants. I informed the merchants that he refused to pay me my commissions, and if they would consider cancelling their applications with First Data. I called and emailed Canadian Payment Services more than two dozen times over a period of 3 weeks with no response. I then emailed the other sales representatives, and found out that some of them been shorted on commissions. Canadian Payment says that they have been in business since 2003 http://www.careerbuilder.ca/Jobs/Company/C8C2N06NGLDZPZQZ33Z/Canadian-Payment-Services/?Comp_DID=C8C2N06NGLDZPZQZ33Z&cbRecursionCnt=1 But, the were only incorporated in Ontario in April 2011. They are not registered to do business in any other province in Canada. In fact they are located in New York, USA. It is hard to sue them as they are outside of Canada. I called First Data, to provide them with a copy of a taped sales meeting whereby Steven King is encouraging sales representatives to commit fraud on the merchants by telling them there is an administrative statement fee baked into the lease of the machines and that is why the machines are $49 per month and up, when in fact the starting point is $24 per month and there is no statement fee with First Data. First Data does not acknowledge Canadian Payment Services existence. I tried to attach proof in PDF with documents from Corporations Canada, and Revenue Canada but your website only takes other formats.

• Ba
    badguysbegone Mar 03, 2012

As a former employee, I too was scammed and in my opinion have being fraudulently handled with money owing to me. I was one of with the company from inception Jan, 2011, and was told all the right stuff. I was always one of their top performers and all was fair, with some, growing pains. It was all crap. CPS started to dig the hole deeper by allowing my contracts with sincere people to be changed and misrepresented the truth. The costs to some merchants was embarrassing, and I could do nothing, other than hang my head in shame to be part of this scam. I am currently owed approximately $11, 000.00, which I was told for three weeks would be coming. The company is now "not paying me", as they have conveniently shifted all blame and responsibility to me. A NY based company, and I have no recourse to extradite my money. I have been scammed as well. Simon ?, is the CEO, and Steven King is his mouth piece. Stay away and stick to BBB companies with A+ ratings. There is a huge list of former employees stuck like us, and the CPS company will fold, as they all will (I.E. MSI). I have been told by many this is fraud and it's a matter of time. Beware, and good luck; there are decent people in this industry, just get referrals and the BBB to back them up. CPS would never join BBB, and the 2 suppliers they work for are rated D rated. The government is investigating, and it is just a matter of time. To prey on small business is almost sacrilegious. They are some of the vultures out there.