Having problems with WhyNotLeaseIt?

WhyNotLeaseIt Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WhyNotLeaseIt Customer Service. Initial WhyNotLeaseIt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for WhyNotLeaseIt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about WhyNotLeaseIt. Discuss the issues you have had with WhyNotLeaseIt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

WhyNotLeaseItmicrowave stove

I bought a miocrowave stove combo from sears hometown store in Marysville, Wa. I went through Whynotlease it, My equipment was scheduled for delivery on Sept 23rd, they rescheduled my delivery to Oct 12th, and cancelled that order(recheduling to Nov 12th), stating they were waiting on the range/stove, but the microwave was in the warehouse. I went ahead and paid off my lease on Oct 16, after I was assured that my products would, in fact, be delivered to my house on NOV 12th, even went so far as to make me go thru a Covid checklist, before the delivery. Sure enough, NOV 10th, came around, and they rescheduled my delivery to Dec 12th, stating they were waiting on the range to be delivered! On Dec 10th, I received a voicemail from the delivery office, stating that SAMSUNG had discontinued my microwave and cancelling the order. When I called back, I was then informed it would be at least another 9 months before I would receive my stove. The decision was made to cancel that order as well. I asked for a refund. Multiple times. I have been told "A ticket has been placed" and someone would be in contact within 24-48 hours, no one has contacted me. No calls. No emails. and no refund!!! I want my money back!! I paid for applianced that were NEVER DELIVERED. NEVER USED. NEVER EVEN SEEN!

WhyNotLeaseItKenmore refrigerator

Became a participate of the why not lease program September 2019 with a Kenmore refridgerator which cost plus tax close to $1500, we make payment twice a month in the amount approximately $153 each payment. Since inception we have paid out over $3600 and the original lease agreement has been met about 7 months ago. We live in New Jersey and have been told we can not purchase this item because NJ is not in there purchase agreement. Despite this we have been told that this option would be available to us. We would like to keep the item But renting this for 300$ per month seems crazy after we have "basically paid for it more than twice. In this economy and circumstance can't anything thing be done .

Jul 16, 2020

WhyNotLeaseIt — Leased living room set - my refund

I attempted to lease a product with Sears who has Whynotleaseit as the vendor for the lease payments. I...

WhyNotLeaseItCannot get the store to help with a product that we purchased and we need fixed

Purchased on Sept. 23 thru the lease program paid off Dec. 18
      This is the second time we have used this program and we fill like the store manager should be a little more helpfull. All we need is the copy of receipt and the store employee said store manager can lok up a copy in just a few minutes but she is not willing to do so have tried to call lease number but keep getting put on hold.

WhyNotLeaseItUnfulfilled order

I ordered a few Christmas gifts December 10th. I was approved and they took $60 down payment despite advertisement from Sears stating $30 down payment if ordered online. False advertising!

They didn't notify Sears of the lease agreement. I contacted Sears and whynotleaseit several times trying to get one of them to contact the other to get the order fixed. They refused.

Whynotleaseit changed their story several times claiming I had to give them between 24 and 72 hours for Sears to fix it. This is my third lease and my wife has done a lease before also. We never had to wait. It's always been instant. Sears has no order # or knowledge of the order.

I am submitting the $60 charge as fraud to my bank!

• Bo
            BobbieArnot Jan 10, 2020

I have pretty much the same problem as some of you. I started this lease/purchase 12/02/2018 a $600 television, I have now paid over$2500! I setup the purchase payout in April, they didn't do it. I also sis it 2 more times and nothing. I have set many email off their site and all but 2 were deleted, calling is a joke they blame Kmart and Kmart blames them. this is the worse company I have ever dealt with. I am in contact with my lawyers who will be handling this now. This is not fair for companies to practice this kind of business. I could have had a better deal from a loan shark!!

WhyNotLeaseItService

I missed one payment that had not been paid and checked my account they claimed I missed several. Took an UNAUTHORIZED extra 90 over 4 weeks and refused refund. I have called to schedule the payment everytime I have answered them no one is on the other line or have been disconnected and wont hear back from them for several weeks. I asked for a refund because I did not authorize the payment to be taken and she said "well since you wouldnt fix it we had to take it some way what do you expect"

Dec 02, 2019

WhyNotLeaseIt — Would also like to be notified of lawsuit, ripping me off to

This company is not the best ive delt with, i Have had nermerous issues with them taking moving from my bank...

WhyNotLeaseItThe whole company

This has to be the worst company i have ever encountered. i purchased a tv through them and later got an email from k-mart that the product i ordered was not available and they were changing it to a refurbished model. For the kind of money i wanted a brand new set so i cancelled the order. i called Why not lease it that day to cancel and was told 3 business days for a refund. 3 days later nothing so i called again and again and again. I spoke with supposed supervisors and was promised it would handled that day still nothing 2 weeks later still trying to get it cancelled before they charge my card again. i use this company in the past like 8 years ago and did not have any issues needless to say i will not be using or recommending ever again

WhyNotLeaseItWasher and dryer

Hi, I am also interested in a class action suit. Through Sears I was talked into a lease for a washer and dryer that I had planned to buy outright. I was told that it would be 11 addition payments on top of the payment I made in store that day back in April of 2018. The gentle explained the 30, 60, and 90 day buy out, but never mentioned the 5 period. I was told at the end of my 11 payments the washer and dryer would be paid in full. My purchase cost was to be a little over $1300.00 and in total I have paid them $2871.40. When I first realized this and called them in the beginning of September 2019, the first man I spoke to just kept apologizing and when I said again I want money refunded to me in a very humorous manor he told me that he could tell me that it would not happen. I have called and spoke with at least 5 different people since then. I also went into the Sears and the manager there contacted them on my behalf. I was offer to be done with the lease and be waved the $512.00 that they said I still owed. I told them I planned on filing a complaint with the BBB and things started to change. I was offer a 5 payment refund. My payments were $102 and change before they then sent me to there customer experience department that you can only leave a message at and hope that they get back to you within 24 hours like they state. It has been a month. After calling again last night and telling them I am going to look into this more the woman went from releasing 5 to 6 payments back to my account immediately. When I told her that a lawyer friend (non-practicing) said to file a complaint and call the media I was told that she could no longer work with me unless I provide said friends name and contact information. I never said I had legal representation. It is to point now that yes I want my money back, but more so it is not right that they keep getting away with this. Everywhere I look people are saying the same thing about this company, that also goes by Tempoe. Please feel free to contact me and put me down for any legal action

WhyNotLeaseItOver charging

I haven't checked my credit card statement in a while for details. I recently saw a $179.81 charge for why not lease it, I was supposed to be done payments 3/2019, this was August now. I immediately canceled my card, called why not lease it just to be on hold forever. I'm calling Capitol one later. I get an email from why not lease it saying I have a payment coming up, UM, NO THE F*^% I DONT! I'm not giving them another dime. Stay away, and shame on Sears for misleading. It's no wonder they are closing stores left and right.

• Le
                    Leondra Wynn-Howell Sep 17, 2019

Actually both Sears and Why Not Lease it are totally at fault, they are both also guilty and in violation of the Federal Truth in Lending Act or TILA for short. Any company that leases or loans merchandise to their customers must disclose all interest payments and loan details in full. Sears is in violation because they allow Sears Employees to execute these agreements when they barely understand the agreements themselves and they often don't disclose all the information to the customers pertaining to those agreements. Why not lease it is in violation because they are supposed to have an employee on-site to go over the full terms of the lease, they don't. My suggestion to you is to file a complaint with your states attorney generals office as well as your local congressperson. Their practices are basically loan sharking at it's finest.

WhyNotLeaseItKitchen table and chairs

This company is a rip off I ordered a table and chair set from Kmart. Then I see this company wants to charge $200 more than it's worth. Canceled the same day which was on July 30th still fighting to get my $120 back And it is now August 7th. I asked to talk to a supervisor every time they are on the phone so they put me on hold for 10 minutes and I end up not talking to one buyer beware

WhyNotLeaseItWasher and dryer

Since day one it's but nothing but problems. Customer service and the way they don't explain payments. Then one payment left and they sent it off to collection agency. Now instead of owing $200 we now owe $1000. I am not happy with this company and will never recommend or use them again. Not to mention the reps don't even know what to do or say and always put you on hold.

WhyNotLeaseItstove

should have done my homework and just went and paid cash for a stove. Im leasing one and now i regret ever getting into this agreement. I will be paying probably almost triple the amount that its really worth. Unbelievable as too why they would even have a program like this is you are just wasting money on leasing and never owning it until you pay it off. Unbelievable never again and i will never recommend anyone to do this program ever.i wish there was a way to sue them.

WhyNotLeaseItmonthly payments

We have it set up every month on auto pay. They tell me every month that my payment was declined and yet magically it processes the very next day. So with this the company takes out an additional $20.00 every month. I have called numerous times and all I get is " well that's our policy, when a payment is declined" and every month I have to tell them look on your computer because this happens every single month. Once this is paid I will never use them again.

WhyNotLeaseIttelevision, fireplace/tv stand, surround sound stereo system

I purchased the product in 2012. I had a $800 credit & I paid faithfully every month. I was told that if I paid it off within a certain time that would be all. So I paid it off well I thought I did. I check my credit report & they are saying I owe $755 for that. I received a letter 2 weeks ago & they put it on my credit report in May 2019.So this why not lease is a scam & I thought I was finished paying because I never heard anything from them. The last conversation I had in 2013 was they was gonna send me out a letter stating I owned the merchandise never heard until now. Is there a way I can get this resolved because no one picks up the phone

WhyNotLeaseItitems not received | cancelled items and still charged $1300...

I arranged to have items picked up at a local Sears Outlet for furniture. I cancelled the items and was still charged for approximately $1300. I contacted the Sears to cancel the items and I contacted Why Not Lease It to cancel the items. I have an email from last year saying that the items were cancelled and still at the Sears Outlet and no response. So now I am out $1300 and attempting to get a refund for items that were not "returned" not "bought out", but instead were cancelled and due to lack of communication I was being charged on my credit card $280 a month and had to freeze my card because no one would cancel the items. I am simply confused as to why this situation needs any resolution other than refund me my money because I never had possession of the items. Sears had possession of my items and still does and apparently collecting money for items that will be re-leased or sold brand new is not only unfair by fraudulent. Please refund my money!

WhyNotLeaseItrepeatedly going into my account after lease is paid

I purchased 2 leases from why not lease it.
                              Everything was fine I put in for my buyout
                              Which seemed to be ok. Then all of a sudden
                              They kept going into my checking account
                              For the lease payment! I spoke to them they assured me they would not do it again! Then
                              Boom they were in my account again they did
                              It do much my bank chase flagged them for fraud! They assured me they would resolve the matter I said great never herd from them
                              They sent my lease to
                              A collection agency even though they were paid. They lie tell you anything sound real nice and keep screw you.

WhyNotLeaseItpayments

We paid 9 months on payments on $1600. 2 payments shy of our buyout, "they had a ‘problem' with the payment." I called to resolve the issue. Since both my husband and I were on the loan, and I had been making all the payments, right, you would think there wouldn't be a problem. Wrong. I had been paying on an account that didn't have my name on it! And now That I was trying to resume payments out of MY checking account they "didn't want to talk to me" or take my payment. This was in 2016. Now they are attempting to collect $2200. No, thank you. You refused payment. I see as the debt is cleared.

WhyNotLeaseItloan agreement

This is the worst company I have ever came in contact with. I can't believe Sears is affiliated with these scammers! I had a lease with the of $755 with a monthly payment of $140 of 5 months was my understanding but that is so not tuuhe case. After paying $680 after 5 months that's when the troubles began. After the 5 months of paying $140 then you request a payout which is now $415 or continue to make a payment of $132 until 7/2020. This company is full of it. I could have bought 3 stoves after all of this!! I am so angry. They really need to shut this business down!!

WhyNotLeaseItdryer lease

I went to Sears to get a dryer since I recently moved, and picked one out that was about $440. By the time I'm done paying it off, I will have paid about $1300. I was told that I had either a 3 month or 5 month period to pay it off, but was never informed that 1.) I had to manually set up a payment plan with, guess what, more monthly payments, and 2.) That it wouldn't go through on 2 separate occasions. I set it up after the initial payment period, and thought it was done, after a payment went through I noticed it was after the final payment should've went through. I set it up again and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. After the third time it FINALLY went through I still have to pay 3 payments of about $75, the same as my monthly payments before. 100% getting several hundred back after this. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. I was told I would own it after the 5 month plan was up and that was it. Straight up FRAUD.