BroadbandInternet disconnect intermittently

Dear sir,
I have been using BSNL broadband internet connection from march'08 and since then my internet connection was working perfectly.After viewing BSNL's internet connection speed and service, many of my friends had switched to BSNL from other Internet Service Providers.
But from the last 3~4 months i am facing internet diconnection problem and very often i am not able to connect to the internet.This has become a daily problem and very frustating for me as i am a working professional and generally surf on internet in the evening time only.I have had done many complaints to my local telephone exchange and Mr.SDO as well but everytime i get the response as " We will see"...can't get help of this sentence.

With the downfall in communication through landline (telephone) calls and communication market taking over by private cellular service provider, these type of ignorance by BSNL personnel is never expected. If somebody is sincerely reading my complaint then please help me out and get this problem sorted out ASAP.My telephone number is [protected]

Martin Hughes Jul 22, 2007

Virgin Media is far and away the world's worst customer service company. It is not surprising that the company is up for sale again. Anyone mad enough to buy them can expect the worst. Whatever due diligence they have done on the company will not prepare them for what they find on the ground. My own experience was an install from hell.

I should have known what to expect when the VIrgin Media account generated and networld email address.

My partners name was spelled differently on different letters / contract etc. not the best start given the fact that email is not that flexible. The Install letter did not arrive until several days after the engineer called. I therefore did not have a PIN number. The install engineer was plain rude and gave me the wrong PIN number after using his laptop to receive it from HQ.

The serial number was wrong. It turned out the there was an error in the Customer Service manual!

I signed up for 4 Meg but was entered up as 2 Meg on their database. I was not given the £10 installation discount for joining online - they had me down as ordering by telephone. I was advised to ring support in 'India" and after a long time waiting they told me to ring 'England' who then told me to call 'India' ... India did not have access to all my details and so we had a completely impossible conversation. They asked me for my password. Two had been given by the Virgin Media sign up did not work. Later, much later, it transpired that he should have asked for a 'security word' - in-fact I had given that in desperation even though it was not a 'Password' but they would not accept it. It later transpired (from a supervisor) that the staff I had been talking too did not know about a 'security word' for security reasons!

I was continually refused access to a Manager / Supervisor. During one of the many calls it was revealed they I had been put down as £25 per month when it should have been £17.

I was then told that 'the best solution would be to go back online and go through the registration process again!' I was told I would get two bills, TV and telephone and just a Telephone. I had not ordered TV! In fact it the became clear that the £25 charge was for TV. So I 'may receive a £25 bill and a £25 credit'.

At the end of all this I just kept insisting on a manager and finally, after god knows how many hours, I got one. Santosh was OK, he was doing his best to sort through all these mistakes. He was able to increase me to 4 meg pretty much immediately offered and I demanded better, compensation. He finally agreed to upgrade me to 20Meg for a £25 per month. I was told that he would not be able to do this himself and that it could take up to 24 hours but promised to call me back after 24 hours to check it had been done. I was impressed that, somewhere, there was someone at Virgin Media that understood that the customer is still king, I trusted him. I thanked him and we had a laugh.

Some two hours later my 4 Meg died, I assumed that it was part of the 20 Meg upgrade. Sadly 24 hours later it was still dead. Santosh did not ring. Several days later I have nothing. I have a dead cable modem, a 4 port router I purchased to use with the service, and high blood pressure

It has cost me a small fortune in phone calls and a redundant cable modem but I have had enough, I can't take any more of this. The only problem is how do I get out of it?

Virgin Media are the biggest ###ters on the planet. DOING BUSINESS WITH VIRGIN MEDIA can seriously damage your health.

• Ca
    Catherine Nisanci Nov 28, 2007

Basically after coming home from work, i put my computer on and there was no connection there. So called up for assistance, when i called up i explained that the engineer whom fitted the phone was to lazy to put it in the kitchen were the internet was, he put it in my front room, both being one end of the house to the other. I explained that i would need someone to call me on my mobile so we could go through the transactions together to prevent me running to and fro from one end of the house to the other, as well as the fact i was not impressed that the call was costing me 25pence per minute, which is ridiculous.

This request was refused, i then called another number were i was given another number which didn't exist, so i called again, and again and again, i was fobbed off lied to and in the end furious... eventually a supervisor called me and went through the transactions, he said it was my computer and not a fault on the line... three hours this all took me.
    The next day i got a computer wizz in, who confirmed there was nothing wrong with the computer, that it was in fact a twist in the wire.

The people in the call center were all indian, and a lot were very difficult to understand, neither did they understand me so well, which made the call longer and frustrating.

• Sr
    sriramamurthy Feb 17, 2008

Sir,

Internet speed is so feeble that I could not open any of the pages from any site. Some times it is far behind by a snail. I telephoned to the local sancharnet(12678). I was instructed to call some other numbers but none of my calls were attended. I don't know what I should do now and whom to complain about this.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this problem.

• Ri
    RITESH May 02, 2008

We had applied for broadband connection but nobody respond from 10 days, i want to dis connect my phone. [protected].

• So
    solomon May 30, 2008

Frnds,

i am solomon prabhu..i wanted a broadband connection very urgently and i called up airtel and a guy named premnath([protected]) came down and took a RS 500 and told me that it is non refundable and you will get a connection in 24 hours as an priority case this happened on 23rd may but till today it is zero from airtel side and everyday i call up customer care i lodge a complint to the people but nothing has happened and it is full of false complint and people there in customer name like bonis, surya, vasnth, padma all say tomorrow tomorrow but i think aitel is never waking up still sleeping because tomorrow never comes up for them...and what happened to the commitmnet given bu the executive? what happened to the commitmnet given by the customer care executives ? is airtel working or still giving false promises ?...and if this is going to contnue people have a very good name for airtel but now if all executives from airtel gona do this then people are gona think 10 times to take up airtel..i hope airtel shd wake up and remove these guys for giving false commitments to do their daily sales.airtel do something or refund my money back at the earliest.

• Ks
    K.sumathi Aug 13, 2009

I am a old you telecom broadband customer. my relationship number is 465597. I have made the payment of 500 Rs for modem. this is refundable amount. I submitted the modem before 3 months. but still now i didnt get any refundable amount of 500 Rs. I called 1000 times to youtelecom customer care number. they escalated my call also. but they are cheating the customer. still now they wont arise any complaints. they are showing to the customers as arised the complaints. this is showing the worst service.

• Kh
    khuranagautam Aug 24, 2009

hey my airtel broad band connection is not working since 1 month.i have been calling at the airtel call center ut my complaint is not registered yet..this horrible.i ve been using internet since last 3 yrs n i have 2 connections. pls look into the matter as soon as possible.<br />
    regards<br />
    gautam<br />
    91-[protected]
    airtel u is 011- [protected]

• Di
    dipumits Aug 28, 2009

Dear sir,

Sir i have applied for internet connection provided by airtel .I have completed application form

and given them all necessary documents alongwith activation charge but they are not connecting internet.

They are claiming that previous connection is not disconnected in that address. What is my fault in that case?

I am a student and I need your help.

I have called at the number(+[protected]) provided by your employee then response was that it is my home
    number.

please do whatever necessary.

my address is
    52 indramani nagar
    Gwalior(mp)

contact no-[protected]

• Hi
    hit24you Sep 26, 2009

i am not able to open broadband account to see my usage details.

• Ar
    arindam05 Oct 19, 2009

Ortel communicaton ltd based on Orissa brodband and cable tv company. I am from kolkata and highly dis satisfied with this company. I took brodband coonnection from ortel 3 month back the with 584kbps unlimited plan at a cost 660 inclusv tax per month. But unfortunetly the connection is worst..even if i tried to reach technical guys, they never attend me. Even today when i asked them to cut the connection they are rigid to that. i am really frustated and want you to warn about this company. even they took 1000 as security deposite which is refundable but now they are even rigid to refund that also..

arindam

• Pr
    PRAVEEN.H.S Apr 02, 2010

I had applied for an airel broadband connection in the month of January 2017 . But i got a call from your Representative that i will get the refund of RS.1000/- which i had given to them by cheque. But yet i havenot recieved any refund. So please refund me the amount of RS.1000/- as soon as possible. REFERENCE NO : TBLR 0085607. Waiting for reply.

REGARDS,

H.S.PRAVEEN

• Ge
    GEETA NANDANA Jan 20, 2011

COMPLAINT NO [protected] DATE 20/1/2017

satish mishra Feb 11, 2011

sir i have taken 699 unlimited plane of broadband, but when i want to change this plan in to 549 then regarding sir say's this plan u can not take before 6th munth of connectin in another my friend has also taken this plan before 6th munth but he has change low limited plan to unlimited plan so sir i want to know why i don't get this type of plan...

Manju Apr 05, 2011

RAJESH, from BSNL Broadband Service, Bangalore, BANASHANKARI 2ND STAGE, visits to residentail house having BSNL Internet connection, and says about Broadband offer. He comes in the weekdays and tells offer is valid forlimited period.

He connects the ordinary landline instrument from MICROTEL and says he connected the CABLE Modem and collects 2250 Rs for it. He gives the contact no as [protected] which is Temprarily Out of Service. He is not traceable and his mobile number is wrong one.

Be aware of such false BSNL Broadband Offer from FRAUD AGENTS!!!

Manju

• He
    herojitseram Feb 06, 2013

I have given Rs 3250 on 27th of Jan, 2017 for my new internet connection to the executive but my connection has not been started till now. Now the executive is not picking up my call. Instead he told me that I will be getting the refund.

I have customer enrollment form number (TBLR. CEF NO: 596297) as he had given me at the time of submitting the documents.

His name is Rajiv and his number is [protected]. Kindly take up appropriate actions as soon as possible.

Airtel Presence Feb 06, 2013

Namaste ( herojitseram),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 06 feb. 2017 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

Sandeep Kumar

Nor Azlina Feb 08, 2013

I just moved to Kuala Kangsar Perak Malaysia. One day I was approached by one of Celcom agent and they selling their broadband and convinced me that they have a good service and very fast line compare to other similar company. Furtermore, they have promised that if I have any problem on the internet line, they can always assist me and try their best to satisfy their user. As they are very convincing I have bought the package i.e RM45 per month.

On the very same day I have tried the broadband and I could not log in to the internet but thinking it might have a line problem I waited for a few days and tried to log in again but sadly I still can't log in the internet. After 1 week I go to same place and looked for the agent again but the booth that they set for promotion was no longer there anymore. Therefore I went to the Celcom shop at the Bgn MARA Kuala Kangsar and asked one of the staff. I was dissappointed when the staff told me that in Kuala Kangsar there is no Celcom line and if I wish to complaint or to upgrade the line I have to go to their IPOH or TAIPING Office to do so. As a single mother with 3 small children I have no capasity to go to Ipoh or Taiping to do so.

It was really rediculious and I immediately asked them to terminate my account. As a consumer, I felt cheated and Celcom is truely unethical in doing their business. After a few month I receive a lawyer letter on the arrears bill. Again I was so extremely surprised because I have terminated my account. In addition I have received a few calls from Celcom Ctre and every call I received I have told them on the unethical thing that they have done to me but whatever I have told them was not delivered to their upper management and until today I still receiving reminders and threaten message from Celcom which is really unethical.

For me I have no contract bound with them as they have sold the undelivered services at the first place. How do feel when you bought something that is not as expected as per contract. Celcom is really unethical company which only think on their profit and benefit and cheating their customer and robbed their customer money as freely as they are living in a stone age country. As a branded company this should not happen and Celcom should know better their product before selling to consumer. In this case I was never use their service at all from the day one the broadband sold to me and how do you expect I will pay as I never enjoy any single cent of my money.

Please mind your management and services provider and please don't simply just think on your sales but you provide ### to your customer. I will bring this up to upper authority if Celcom did not do any rectification on my case.

cheated.,

Airtel Presence Feb 09, 2013

Namaste ( herojitseram),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 06 Feb. 2017 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, hence, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

Rakesh Ranga

Airtel Presence Feb 12, 2013

Namaste ( herojitseram),

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

Deepak Mohod