[Resolved] Booking.combad tactics regarding non refundable rooms

I

Booking.com and Vincci Vía - 66, especially Vincci Vía - 66 should be avoided. Their management is horrible and their tactics regarding your money and how they will hold it is criminal. Booking.com allowed them to do a bait and switch on their website which showed that a room was refundable within 1 night of showing, which is ideal for people securing visas. But they also put their lowest rate room as a asterisk * on small print as non refundable. I made a reservation for a whole week and then found out that I was not able to secure a VISA. Vincci Vía - 66 refused to credit back the charge even though notification was given at least 3 weeks prior to arrival.

I would avoid any hotel with management that does not care to work with their customers.

bad tactics regarding non refundable rooms

RESOLVED

• Booking.com's response · May 20, 2014

Hello,

The policies provided on Booking.com are the hotel's individual policies. Booking.com customer service can contact the properties on behalf of guests but it's ultimately the decision of the hotel. If you would like for me to ask the hotel if they are willing to make an exception, please provide your booking numbers.

Regards, Kelly
    Booking.com Customer Service Team

• Se
    sevde adalı Aug 07, 2012

I agree totally.

ChristabelO May 16, 2014

Im reading all these complaints about booking.com and its frightening. We're also in a wrangle with them over a hotel that apparently has major security issues and because we got *discount* on the rate we too have been told its non refundable...450 quid! Im taking this matter further

• Ds
    dskittens May 02, 2016

I work at a hotel and what Kelly says is true that the policies stated are the hotels but what she failed to mention is that booking.com offers this incentive to hotel owners to get more business. we are charged a commission on each booking.com reservation. normal cancellation policy is 24 hrs before arrival. but they offer this "discount" incentive so the hotel will get more booking.com reservations. they shouldn't even offer this option of a nonrefundable "discount" reservation. It breaks my heart when I have to tell a potential customer who is trying to cancel a reservation a month and a half ahead of time that they will still be charged $300 for a three night stay that they aren't going to make. it causes hard feelings on the part of the customer and that's a customer we will never get back. Its just bad policy to offer this kind of incentive. so buyer beware of discount rates it may end up costing you in the end.

• Es
    esatter Jun 06, 2016

Booking.com misleads customers with its "booking is free" claim. Do not ever book on booking.com unless you 1) support this unethical self-promotion and 2) feel 100% sure you will not need to cancel or modify the reservation for any reason OR you are happy to pay a hotel or inn for a night you do not stay there.

• Su
    Susanne W Jun 21, 2016

I too have been scammed byBooking.com. I booked 5 rooms for a family reunion travelling to the UK from Australia, the first was 'free cancellation' so I went ahead and booked the remaining rooms but apparently they were 'non refundable' rooms. There has been a big fallout with the family so no family reunion and I am now ‎£720 out of pocket.
    Disgusting...

• Le
    Lesleyn Dec 05, 2017

I have been charged almost £1, 000 for a hotel in Weymouth for a stay which I cancelled within half an hour of booking! Apparently the owner of the hotel told me that Booking.com never informed him of the cancellation. Therefore I got a phone call asking if we were arriving on the cancelled date. What really annoys me is I have written to Booking.com addressed to 'complaints department' in Amsterdam, enclosing copy of relevant emails and information, and also to the hotel manager who I previously spoke to, in August. I have heard no acknowledgment from either of them despite enclosing my full contact details and of course email address. I think this is appalling.

• Th
    Thyra Brooks Aug 29, 2018

Just booked a room at Days inn and Suites by Wyndham in Foley Alabama on Friday for this upcoming holiday weekend and the site software defaulted back to the previous weekend without my knowledge or consent. We did not realize until we got a email asking us how our stay was. After calling the main customer service number w booking.com twice they've charged my credit card over a hundred dollars for a room that we did not stay in not have never been to and they will not change the dates, offer any solution asbin credit towards another room even if we pay the difference! I spoke to Lori the first time and Emmanuel the second. He refused to give me the corporate contact for the company and pretended to own booking.com. He was extremely rude, dismissive, and unprofessional and did not offer any solutions. He I formed me numerous time I needed to go bc he had other customers waiting to be "helped" I WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN EVER AND IM REPORTING TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BBB!!!

Comments