Resolved Booking.combad service

My complaint is because bookings.com works with a hotel by the name of Bungalowpark Domaine de Chodes in Belgium, which apart from being of awful quality, also rips off their customers. In the confirmation they sent me they said that the credit card was only for reservation, and that they wouldn't apply payment. Then they asked for a wire transfer. I sent the wire transfer, and immediately after they charged my credit card. In that sense they charged me twice. During my unfortunate stay at the hotel I tried to get reimbursement and they gave me the runaround, it is 6 months later, and now they tell me that the rate was wrong... Clearly this is a fraud. My complaint is that booking.com should make a more thorough due diligence of the hotels they provide access to on their site. In this case I was robbed. Will never use booking.com again, and recommend that people be aware that the quality of the hotels they provide in very questionable.

RESOLVED

• Booking.com's response · Jun 28, 2011

Dear Joseph, Your feedback is very important to us, we have sent you a direct message and are looking into this for you. Kind regards, Your Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jan 08, 2013

Hi Raygromer,

I am sorry to hear that the Parayso Hotel charged you incorrectly and would like to get to the bottom of this.
    Could you please post your booking number and I will investigate this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Tal

• Booking.com's response · Jan 09, 2013

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the information above.
    I contacted the relevant department and one of my specialized colleagues will contact you via phoneemail.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good day !

Tal

• Booking.com's response · Feb 17, 2013

Hello Weah,
    I am sorry to hear about the issue you had at the hotel.
    Please note that you can call us any time in a situation like this. When you made your booking it was instantly confirmed and also sent to the hotel. If they cannot honor your reservation, they should let us know and assist you in finding a proper alternative.
    Could you please post your booking number so I can investigate it for you?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jasmine - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · May 18, 2013

Hi Nelsonof,
    I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Please provide me the bookingnumber of this guest, and I will be happy to investigate what happened. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
    Kind Regards,
    Angela - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · May 19, 2013

Hello Nelson, I am sorry to hear you feel this way.
    Please note that our mutual guests have the right to leave their personal opinion about their stay at an specific property booked through Booking.com. We do not encourage hotels to contact guests directly regarding their review, however if you disagree you can contact us and we will be glad to investigate why the guest felt that way.
    Regarding the cancellation for the double room, can you please provide me with the guest's Booking number to verify this further for you ?
    Thanks,
    Lissa - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 19, 2013

Hello hatebookingcom,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way about the issues you have had.
    I would like to help you regarding this matter. Can you please provide me with your Booking number?

Lissa - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 22, 2013

Hi again.

You can also send us a private message with your booking number so that I can look into the issue. Posting your booking number in public is safe as you also need a PIN code in order to log-in to your profile or to be able to check your reservation.
    I would like to follow up on this.

Konstantina - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 22, 2013

Hi,

Customer Service may be dealing with this, however, without your booking number I cannot access your information to investigate. In regards to your second question, consumers have the right to share there opinions. We do try to address all consumer complaints, and would like to assist you. Kindly provide your booking number for me.

• Booking.com's response · Jul 23, 2013

Hi there,
    I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way. Unfortunately, in order to investigate what has happened I would need to have your Booking.com reservation number. As soon as you post it, I will ensure that your case is investigated thoroughly and you are contacted shortly by our specialised team. Also, we sincerely appreciate the feedback from our customers. With the help of feedback such as yours we are striving to make the necessary improvements, with the aim of providing an increased quality Customer experience and increase our service standards. Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have faced. Should you wish to accept my assistance so we can get to the bottom of this, please post your reservation number.
    Regards, Sergejs

• Booking.com's response · Jul 24, 2013

Hello,
    We have been unable to answer your question of why our customer service is not dealing with this already because you have not provided us with your booking number to verify if they are dealing with it or not.
    This matter can be investigated and resolved once you provide with the information we need.

Have a nice day,
    Lissa

• Booking.com's response · Jul 29, 2013

Hi Valerie,
    I was really sorry to read your comment as we certainly don’t want any of our customers to feel this way.
    Could you please provide me with your reservation number? I would like to get to the bottom of this.
    Regards, Tal

• Booking.com's response · Oct 18, 2013

Hi Valerie,
    I am sorry to hear about this.
    I do not locate a date on your post, so I apologize if this issue has been resolved.
    Anytime there is a discrepancy between the amount the hotel advertises on our site and the amount the guest was charged, booking.com does try to assist the guest it getting a refund.
    I have checked the hotels bookings and was not able to locate a booking for you.
    Can you provide your booking number so that I can look into this?
    You can post it here or email me at [email protected]

Kristen

• Booking.com's response · Apr 17, 2014

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you have had. All hotels choose what forms of payment they will accept. I would like to check into this matter for you to ensure the hotels payment policies are being displayed on the website. Can you please post your booking number or email it to [email protected]?

• Booking.com's response · Apr 29, 2014

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that the hotel could not honor your confirmed booking and did not relocate you to another property of the same standard. The hotel is responsible for maintaining their availability. The hotel should not have charged you if they were not able to provide you a room for your stay. I would like to help by looking into this matter for you. Can you please post your booking number or email it to [email protected] referencing this post and I will be in contact via phone or email.

• Booking.com's response · May 04, 2014

Hello Bruce,
    I am sorry to hear about this.
    While Booking.com requires a valid credit card to make a booking, Booking.com does not charge guests (a booking fee or process payment). All details are forwarded to the hotel, who will process payment within the terms of the booking, as selected by the guest while booking. However, as noted on every hotels booking page, each hotel reserves the right to pre authorize the provided credit card. A pre authorization does not remove funds from your account, but can create a hold on a specified amount. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide your booking number? You can post it here, or email me at [email protected] Please be sure to mention this post.

Kristen

• Booking.com's response · Aug 06, 2014

Hi Angela,

I have located your reservation and I can see that my colleague has been in contact with the hotel and they have confirmed the incorrect information was listed. We are trying to resolve this for you, but were informed we will need to speak to the manager in the morning. You will be contacted as soon as an update is received.

Regards, Kelly

• Booking.com's response · Sep 10, 2014

@pieses9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. If there is a particular reservation that you have had issues with, I'd like to help. Please provide your booking number if this is the case.

Regards, Kelly

• Lo
    Louise Sep 12, 2008

I received atrocious service from booking.com. I received 2 confirmations of my booking for the Scarisbrick Hotel, only to receive a phone call the next day to say that I could not have everything that I had booked for. The guy I spoke to was originally polite until I told him I was not happy. He became very rude and actually laughed at me when I said that it wasn't fair. He said that there was some technical hitch with the website and laughed at me because I should have realised that there was a mistake when I booked! Very rude and I definitely would not book with them in the future! To book with the hotel itself is the best option!

• Al
    Ali Sep 12, 2008

I made reservation with booking.com for a seaview room at victoria hotel, Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. At the hotel they offered room with no view on first floor. I know they should give us sea view room or get in touch and tell me that they don't offer sea view rooms to booking.com, instead of making the reservation and giving their worst rooms. There was an argument with front desk personel the manager didn't show up on call. They just wanted to sell their cheap room for a price of a regular room. Had to switch hotel on next day and my vacation with my wife was ruined. I've sent e-mail to booking.com but nothing happened. Couldn't even fill a complain to web site cause its up to the hotel if they don't let you write you cant do it. Well it's my first and last booking.com experience.

• Ca
    Cath99 Feb 24, 2010

I booked a hotel through booking.com and, even though on the page it clearly says "If cancelled up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged", my credit card was charged the full price, months in advance of my stay. Supposedly somewhere it said that the room is "non-refundable", what ever that is supposed to mean. I was very careful to check the policy on cancellation, which clearly stated that I have until the day before the reservation to cancel. I saw no mention of being charged right away and not being able to make ANY changes to my reservation. It is deceitful and dishonest and misleading to do this. I will NEVER book through booking.com again. Their customer service emails basically say that they do not give a damn.

• Su
    Susan R. S. Mar 27, 2010

I received a great rate on the Amalfi Hotel in Chicago, which the hotel honored. However, when I received the rate confirmation from Booking.com, the "Total cost of this room" wasn't really the total. After reading the fine print, I realized that it probably didn't include hotel tax. I called and asked for the real total. First, she couldn't tell me, then she came up with a figure that was about $20 more. I think she tried to manually calculate it and did poor math. Knowing how high hotel taxes are, I wasn't surprised when the Amalfi hotel charged me more than $100 more for the room to cover the taxes. Conclusion: Don't trust the total given in the reservation details, or what you hear from their customer service representative over the phone.

Angry_Sultan_unforgiven Aug 12, 2010

I concur with the above complaints about booking.com. I hate a horrible experience at the Bucoleon Palace hotel in Istanbul, Turkey. I became extremely sick after eating their "authentic" Turkish breakfast and started to vomit. I vomitted 5 times within the next 2 hours and had to check out.

The hotel manager is a liar! He said it was up to the "travel agency" (booking.com) and that he was obligated to charge me the full amount for 2 nights stay since I had booked through a travel agency, even though I had only stayed one night.

I called booking.com the next day and they said it was up to the hotel how much to charge me or if I was to get any refund. I told them that the hotel manager told me otherwise but booking.com said this is not the truth. I checked out at 2:30 pm in the afternoon so it wasn't an extremely late check out. My room was over the front desk so I am sure they heard my throwing up several times since the sound insulation at that hotel sucks!

Booking.com was useless for me as far as service went. They offered to call and speak to the manager of the hotel. They had no luck. I asked them to email me that I had contacted them about this since I was filing a claim with my travel insurance. After I got home from my trip I checked my emails and instead of them sending me a message that I had contacted them and they were trying to contact the hotel I get a message saying that if I don't cancel in 2 days prior that I can get charged the whole amount.

On my 2nd or 3rd call to booking.com (while I was still on my trip) an operator told this to me. I told them that I did not cancel! I only left early because I got sick at their hotel. Basically the operator told me the same thing. That is is up to the hotel. Everyone wants to pass the buck! They could not even offer me a future credit to use their company again due to my horrible experience.

Bucoleon Palace Hotel even lied and I have the email proof. They said they did not charge me the whole amount for my stay, which is BS because I have the receipt from when my credit card was swiped showing the whole amount was charged. I emailed this info. to booking.com but they did not seem to care and the response I got was not satisfactory.

Furthermore I was supposed to get an email to comment on my stay. I never got it until I emailed booking.com asking for my comment email to rate the hotel. I was honest in my rating and comments (new hotel, avoid the food, manager is a liar), but booking.com never posted it! I will never use them again nor will I ever stay at the bucoleon palace hotel in Istanbul again.

• Le
    Lesson Learned AIC Aug 20, 2010

Booking.com finally posted my complaint about the hotel but they did not offer me any consideration for my problem with this booking. I may use booking.com again but next time if I have any problem I will make sure to clear it up before I leave the hotel otherwise I will not leave their lobby until it is resolved, unless I am feeling so sick like I was at the Bucoleon Palace hotel.

• Ow
    owhiwa Sep 07, 2010

We also had a negative experience with this company. We booked in February and our credit card was charged immediately, strangley by Besthotels.com - not sure how this worked.

When we arrived at the DaysInn Fallsview Hotel in Niagara Falls, they wouldn't believe we had already paid and charged us again. They said it was impossible for them or the booking agent to charge our bank card.
    We were given a room as far away from everything as possible, right by the pump filter which droned all night. The carpets were filthy, there was rubbish behind the bedside table, and the TV remote didn't work.

Unfortunately the bankcard statement showing the transaction was left at home, so we had to wait until we returned to send the hotel a copy to enable a refund of the extra payment. All our emails to this hotel have been returned undelivered, so we haven't been able to prove the payment was made.

I'd suggest no-one use Booking.com - try Expedia. Booking.com need to be investigated by the Fraud Squad.

• Ar
    AriSharon Sep 09, 2010

I was robbed by booking.com !

I placed an order through booking.com, but did not get confirmation email for this order.
    a day later a called booking.com agent, asking why I did not get confirmation email. He told me that there was technical problem with my order, and I should place a new order.
    Therefore I have placed another order, for the very same hotel.

Coming back home from the vacation, I figured out my credit card was charged twice ! Asking booking.com for a refund gave me a chilled response. They remove all responsibility from them and asked me to ask refund from the hotel!
    Apparently, there was a typo in the e-mail address I gave on my 1st order. The fact that I have contaced booking.com did not make any difference for this company. The fact that booking.com received error messages saying the email address is wrong did lit a ny red light for the company. They had my credit card number and that's what was important.

I will never never again booking with booking.com. They take no responsibility for their mistakes, and live you alone to cope with the travel agency/hotel to whom they gave your credit card !

Stay away from booking.com !

Ari

• Jn
    jned Sep 28, 2010

i had problem with Booking.com with my booking, they sent me confirmation of my booking together with a man's name that i don't even know. this has caused so much problem with my partner, he thought i was going on holiday with someone in secrect, this kind of mistakes are really bad...i doubt the company's credit...;

• Or
    orna_david Dec 11, 2010

I have been using booking.com for more than 10 years and have made countless reservations and (free) cancellations, always checking the cancellation policy carefully before making the booking. Recently I was incorrectly charged by Hotel Saini in Stresa, Italy for a reservation that was cancelled in time. I tried to convince the hotel to refund the money but was continually put off on various excuses. Only after contacting booking.com by email, the matter was handled relatively quickly and after about a month more than 91% of the amount was refunded directly to my bank account. I am now tryimg to obtain the remaining 19 Euro, but I feel that the treatment by booking.com was quick, courteous and professional!

chetaedby helvetia venice lido May 03, 2011

I used to book hotels with booking.com. The latest holiday was in venice. We booked hotel helvetia, Lido venice via booking.com. This hotel tried to rip us by charging our credit card for something that we did not do. They charged us for breaking a sink in our room no.29. The problem is, we paid our 2 nights stayed by cash a day before our departured. The hotel is sucks. the bill only gave to us in the following day and when we checked out in the early morning ( we mentioned to the staff about checking out in the early morning a day before), they did not checked the room due to lack of chambermaid. The chambermaid was clocked in at 8 am and we departed on 7am. In the afternoon on the same day, the hotel sent us an email saying that we have done damaged to their sink. This is ridiculous. They simply charged us Euro 190 for something that we did not do. They supposed to check the room so this matter would not arise afther that. They made the false allegation. I guess the chambermaid did break the sink but claimed it was our fault. The funny thing was, the hotel proposed us to claim from our insurance when they sent the bill. I can sense insurance fraud in this matter. We felt cheated by the helvetia hotel in lido, venice and we left a genuine comment that sent by booking.com after staying at the hotel. The saddest thing was, booking.com only displayed ou name not the review because the review was a negative comments. We do not want the next guests to experience like we were with this hotel that was why we put the comments on booking.com site. But, booking .com was not fair to us and not transparent enough. I checked the other guests previous comments at this hotel via booking.com and most of them have been hidden (i guess they put the negative comments as well) . So, next time better book the hotel via the hotel web itself and do not book any hotels with the reviews that do not displayed. Booking.com has cheated in this matter! so does the helvetia hotel.Stay away from this hotel and the web of booking.com!

Joseph Naber Jun 26, 2011

I asked for a room upgrade at the holiday inn resort at the dead sea, Jordan, 15 minutes after the reservation was done my tequest was denide, I think they should have made the change as I requested, specially in regards of the short time this was asked for, I think this was bad service on their part

• Fo
    Fooledbyairtel Jul 01, 2011

To all the donkys there @ airtel
    This is really pathetic service you are providing to your customers.
    Bloody, even though we recharge the account of airtel TV still d amount has not been updated in your system & we r unable to watch.
    When tried to call customer care after following all the information, giving all details, long waiting time &
    punching all the numbers asked by IVR when the times comes to speak your another donky (executive), line automatically get disconnected.
    Like your airtel mobile service this is much more worse service u r offering
    It seems now we have to throw this connection as well
    Really regretted to be your customer

• Ju
    Justmyopinion2006 Aug 13, 2011

As a customer service employee for this company, I disagree with the complaint. We try to maintain a neutral relationship to make sure both the hotel and guest are happy. We do NOT charge credit cards. They are up to the hotel to charge. If they charge it incorrectly, we are at their mercy as much as the guest is, begging for the guest to be refunded. In reply to your complaint...we have hundreds of THOUSANDS of hotels working with us. Unfortunately, it's just not a possibility to have someone physically check out each hotel personally. We do close hotels that receive a lot of negative comments and complaints. I'm sorry to hear about everyone's negative experiences, but please keep in mind, just because you had a bad experience with the hotel doesn't mean we are at fault either. Honestly, I've worked a ton of crappy customer service jobs. The kind where you dread getting out of your car in the parking lot, your managers don't give a flying crap about you, where you can be fired at any given moment without notice...Needless to say, I've never worked for a more enjoyable and articulate company, who really prides themselves on making sure the customer is satisfied as well as the hotels. Booking.com is an extremely reputable affiliate with Priceline and I'm proud to be an employee and help fine people every day such as yourselves.

marcais Jun 03, 2012

Id like to warn your readers about a hotel in Barcelona called medium city carrer nicaragua 47 which claims to be 4 Star but in reality is more like a 2 Star and for me represented very poor value for money remember the name an avoid it if you can, Marcais, Eireann.

• Ba
    ballball Jun 18, 2012

Key words - booking.com, complain, worst system, no responsibility

I know it is a long comment but i think it will useful to understand worst system on booking.com.

Booking.com is the worst travel agency in the world with no responsibility to their customers. Their system is to send the booking detail including customers' credit card detail to the hotel. Yes, it looks like the system is convenience to customers that put credit card for guarantee their booking with no charge and only pay the fee on arrival date. However, the system is good only for good hotel, not every hotel. The reason is the hotel can charge your credit card with the amount that you never know until the card is charged. And the worst point is you will not get the receipt from the hotel. Also booking.com will never know that hotel charges the customers until they get the confirmation from their customers. So, you think about you travel in the region and you book 2-4 hotels from booking.com and booking.com give your credit card detail to 2-4 hotels that they can charge your credit card any time. So, as I said before, if you book with good hotel, this system works but if you book with bad hotel, you will find bad experience like me.

Next, the next worst system is no refund policy to show because booking.com is not charged you money. So, it sounds good but in reality it is the worst. Thinking about you have to deal with refund policy from each hotel. It maybe 15 days, a month, or 2 months or u will never get your refund. Booking.com has no policy to protect their customer from refund policy.

Next, the next worst system of customer service, when you call booking.com customer service, you have to talk with new operator every time because they don't have the internal line. So, you have to explain your situation again and again. Moreover, you will get reply call when they said they will call u back. And no way to talk with the same operator.

For my case, I book the hotels with booking.com and it has no problem until I book "Youth Venice Home Hostel" by booking.com. After I book this hotel, the hotel charged my credit card immediately on the same day with the different name from hotel name. So, I call my bank to confirm about the charge and the answer is yes, it already charged. So, I contact hotel and booking.com and also make cancellation immediately. And the answer is it is not a charged, it is pre-authotized and it means only "block" the credit card. However, I confirm that it is a "Charged" not "Blocked" so I email 3-4 mails to booking.com but no one reply my mail.

So, I call them in the morning, they ask me to print the statement or take screen picture on my statement. So, I use internet banking to show the statement. After they receive my statement, they contact hotel and the hotel answer that they only block and will unblock in the future which is not indicate when the hotel will unblock. So, I reply mail to confirm that it is "Charged" not "Blocked". At the same time, I contact hotel to refund my account, and they ask me the bank name, also ask me to contact booking.com to contact him. So I do all as he wants.

In the evening same day, after I get reply back from booking.com that the transaction that I show them is "Unbilled transaction" with not the same hotel name so they ask me real transaction with hotel name. So, I call them and I said I will let my bank investigate this account as cheating transaction because if it not the hotel, I don't know who charged me. So, the operator call hotel for me and ask name of account and the answer is yes, it is a hotel group name. For unbilled transaction, booking.com said that it is not real charge and the real charge is billed transaction so they ask me billed transaction. However, booking.com is wrong. Unbilled transaction means the credit already charged but the time is not reach due date so it is unbilled transaction. I will make more clear. If you use credit card on 1st June and the cutting date is 15 June. From 1st to 15th June, It will show as unbill transaction and after 16th June, it will show as billed transaction. From this problem, the operator told me she will call hotel and ask that it is "Charged" or "Blocked" and she will call me back in 2 hours. So, I answer that "Charged" or "Blocked" is not main problem, coz the hotel just "Unblocked" or "Refund", the problem will solve. After that, I will her call for 2 hours but it is no call. And I also contact hotel and the answer is hotel already ask booking.com to refund my money so everything seems to be good ending.

On the next day, I call booking.com again and new operator pick me call. So, I gave her my booking and ask when I get refund and ask that last night is it has any record of operator talk with hotel about "Charged" or "Blocked" and when I get refund. And the answer is booking.com has no right to charge or refund the money, it is the hotel's right. Moreover, she ask me to give her confirmation charged by hotel from my bank. So, I explain her again all situation and it is third time and I ask when I get refund. She answer that She will call hotel and call me back.

Conclusion, what I want to share is my experience with the worst travel agency. It has many good travel agency in the world and I just want to say why I have to use booking.com. Also, I read many reviews of complain on booking.com and I can conclude that booking.com has no right to make refund and it also has to ask from hotel and what if hotel does not want to refund you and find many reasons. For example, when you cancel the booking, hotel said they don't receive your cancellation and charged your credit card as no-show. You have to contact hotel to solve this problem and also booking.com but if you use other travel agency, they will solve your problem for u. Thinking about you have to contact small hotel in other country compare with contact big travel agency. Which one is better??

I still wait call back from booking.com but I think they will not call back.

• In
    innkeeperZ Jun 20, 2012

I am a B&B owner that uses booking.com. You CANNOT get refunds from booking.com because they collect a HEFTY commission from US, and do not charge you at all for their services. Be sure to read all the policies you agree to. Better yet, go directly to the lodging's websire and book DIRECTLY with the inn, or call the owner. You will likely be eligible for a lower price, discount, upgrade, etc. Be sure to know what you are agreeing to, deposit-, payment- and refund-wise. Small inns MUST have strict cancellation policies--we can't afford to have rooms sit empty.

• Tr
    Traveller x Aug 28, 2012

Booking.com is a joke. I was charged for a "No Show" that was improper and they acted like it was not their fault. DO NOT USE IT unless you have to. Using their system to browse hotels is good though. Then google the hotel and make a reservation yourself. You and the hotel will be happier.

• Es
    esmeralda afonso Aug 30, 2012

I booked rooms in business hotel in Plovdiv, Bulgary on August the 12th. The service of the hotel wasn´t excellent but was acceptable. At least everything was clean. My surprise was at breakfast. They served tomato, cucumber, a small package of butter and other of jam, a small piece of cheese ... we did not eat any of these and asked for a cup of milk with coffee to go with the burnt toasts. They gave us a litle cup of milk. When we asked for a second cup of milk, they showed clearly they didn't like it. In the end they charged us extra money for that second cup of milk. I have already travelled around the world and this had never happened to me. I always drink as much milk as I want as I always prefer continental breakfast.
    The waitor whom I talked to about this, was extremely rude and badly mannered. I was confused and amazed with her behaviour. I was never so badly treated by anyone in a hotel. The manager did nothing and the complaints book wasn't real. It was a kind of note book. Anyway I wrote my opinion there. Run away from this hotel and from its terrible service.

• In
    Intelife Sep 05, 2012

YES, understood a small inn must have a cancellation policy, but if someone makes an honest mistate due to MISINformation on Booking.com listings and calls 5 MINUTES after booking to inform the Inn of the mistake, common decency calls for that Inn owner to practice good customer service at that point. I was refused a cancellation waiver and cdharged the full amount on my credite card for a room that was booked in a city with the same name as the city I had searched for in the U.S. Booking.com customer service rep then told me how stricts everyone must be with their rules and how the Inn owner had a right to charge me. I am fuming even two days later over this complete lack of decency and plan to disparage the name of booking.com and the ELY Guest House in Ely United Kingdom, every chance I get.

• Vi
    VisitedRome Sep 15, 2012

Booking.com provides misleading information about hotels. Its so called 'customer reviews' are mostly fake. Their operation is fraud and conspires with fraudulent businesses to cheat customers.

• Bi
    bidnelo Jan 04, 2013

That's complety false. All the reviews are true, the biggest problem is that an hotel cannot reply to the reviews if people give false information!!!

• Ra
    raygromer Jan 07, 2013

I used Booking.com to reserve rooms at Parayso Hotel in Tulum, Mexico. I used a different credit card to pay the final hotel bill when I checked out, but the hotel charged both credit cards. Booking.com would not help me, and they continue to list this hotel on their site. Booking.com is the worst of the online travel sites.

• Ra
    raygromer Jan 08, 2013

Booking.com numbers 945429699, 335302569 & 511392181

I used my Starwood AMEX card to make reservations at Parayso Hotel in Mexico, but upon check out, used a different card (Capital One Visa) to pay the total hotel bill.

The reservation was for three suites for three nights, Dec 14-17 2012. But when we arrived Dec 14, only one room was available due to hotel overbooking. The second and third nights (Dec 15 & 16) we only had 2 rooms, again due to hotel overbooking. We checked out on the Dec 17 and I asked the hotel manager, Adrian, to put all of the charges on my Capital One Visa card, which he did ($245).

Parayso Hotel then charged my Starwood AMEX card for the full amount of the original reservation ($369.36 + $235.98) PLUS the actual final bill ($245). The $369.36 and $235.98 charges are fraudulent and should be reversed.

• We
    weah Feb 12, 2013

just faced bad experience of using this booking.com.
    the hotel said that my name was not there even i showed them the booking confirmation.
    suck ...
    no other choice i have to find another hotel
    agoda is 10000 time better than booking.com

• Ne
    nelsonof May 18, 2013

I work as a manager for a motel in Australia and we sadly let booking.com make booking's for us and we had a booking one day that was made by a customer thru booking.com, they asked for a double room and in the comment it said the customer need a extra bed ( which would be a triple room not a double room ) this was only going to cost the customer a extra $10 a night more but the people did not wish to pay the extra, so I rang the people and told them that they would have to rent a triple room not a double room, they became very rude on the phone and abusive, when I rang booking.com to cancel the booking they told me that the customer was the only one who could cancel the booking and that we had no right to say who could and who could not stay at the motel. the other thing I hate is that the guest can give you good or bad reviews but you can not give the guest good or bad reviews and just because some give you bad reviews, you can not tell them just how much of a wanker they are

hatebookingcom Jul 19, 2013

8 weeks since I was double-charged at one of Booking.com's hotels. Still NO REFUND, although its gets agreed on a regular basis.

*****AVOID*****
    Stick to Expedia, laterooms etc

LAZY, INADEQUATE service from booking.com. AWFUL!!!

hatebookingcom Jul 20, 2013

Lissa

You say, "I am sorry to hear you feel this way about the issues you have had."
    The only 'feelings' are my suggestion that not resolving my case in 8 weeks and closing cases before resolution constitutes lazy and inadequate service.

Therefore, YOU ARE SAYING SAYING THAT CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT RESOLUTION, CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, NOT RESOLVING ISSUES IN OVER TWO MONTHS IS ACCEPTABLE!
    You epitomize booking.com's awful attitude to customer service. I see why they have chosen you, Lissa.

Half of your 'customer service' team have my booking number, already.
    Neither am I keen to be posting information linked to my personal details on the internet. Your service has been so poor that it really makes me doubt whether you take security seriously either.

This latest case is still open, as far as I know. I believe it is being dealt with in the usual, careless, disjointed, slow, uninterested manner that separates booking.com from the quality end of the hotel websites sector.

Since you have posted, can you explain why booking.com is so consistently mentioned on complaints boards?
    I have NEVER posted about anything before. It was such poor service in the hotel, and booking.com have continued that. I could

hatebookingcom Jul 22, 2013

Konstantina

Thank you for confirming that booking.com believe that CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT RESOLUTION, CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, NOT RESOLVING ISSUES IN OVER TWO MONTHS IS ACCEPTABLE.
    Personally, I value your honesty, but cannot respect that stance. It is disgusting.

Let me ask you:
    1) Why are your customer services not dealing wth this already?

Let me also repeat my question to you that you ignored in typical booking.com fashion:
    2) Can you explain why booking.com is so consistently mentioned on complaints boards?

Please DO NOT IGNORE MY QUESTIONS ON HERE, also. It makes booking.com look even less professional than before.

Yours more unhappily

H

hatebookingcom Jul 23, 2013

Again, you ignore the main question, even after I specifically asked you not to:
    Why are your customer services not dealing wth this already?

This also implicitly asks, why do I have to waste my time finding and posting on these boards in order to get any resolution?

hatebookingcom Jul 24, 2013

Hello Lissa, Sergejs, Andrew, Konstantina

I am not certain if you are deliberately playing dumb, or not.
    Let me tell you, that as a customer, I expect:
    - NOT TO BE DOUBLE-CHARGED
    - IF I AM DOUBLE-CHARGED, IT SHOULD BE RECTIFIED WITHOUT HESITATION
    - IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MAY, JUNE, JULY AND PERHAPS AUGUST
    - THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE
    - I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO BROADCAST MY CASE ONLINE. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT
    - I AM ASKING YOU WHY BOOKING.COM DO NOT RESOLVE CASES WITHIN A FEW HOURS, OR FEW DAYS, OR EVEN IN A FEW WEEKS?
    - WHY DO I NEED TO DETAIL MY CASE ONLINE, IN ORDER FOR BOOKING.COM TO TAKE ACTION?
    - WHAT ABOUT THE 99% OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD NEVER POST ON A BOARD LIKE THIS?
    - DO THEY EVER GET THEIR MONEY BACK?
    - DO THEY GET ANY ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION FOR THEIR TIME?

BY MISUNDERSTANDING MY QUESTIONS AND SENTIMENTS TIME AND AGAIN, BOOKING.COM ARE DELIVERING EVEN WORSE SERVICE THAN YOU HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. TO BE CLEAR, WORSE THAN 'ABYSMAL' AND 'UNACCEPTABLE'.

YOUR RESPONSES HERE ARE QUITE TYPICAL OF BOOKING.COM'S CARELESS ATTITUDE, AND ARE 100% 'NOT APPRECIATED'.

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO CONSUME THIS MESSAGE BOARD WITH DIVERSIONARY MESSAGES SO POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS AND MYSELF GET BORED OF THIS POST.

KINDLY STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH THESE RIDICULOUS MESSAGES!

To any poor person having to read any of this, the booking.com team responding here are trying to find out my case number. I do not see why this team needs to get involved. Perhaps they will sort out my issue, BUT it does not prevent booking.com from ripping everyone else off in future. Moreover, I did not post here to resolve my case, as booking.com may have you believe. I posted to let people know how little they care. I've tried with their customer services for months, and they keep telling me I'll get my money back, and everything is resolved, but I still have not seen the money. What is the point of them having a customer service team, if that team never fixes issues for customers? Is the only way to get an issue reolved to post on a board like this? It really appears so. That policy probably nets booking.com millions, and saves millions on customer service staff time, as they just close off cases or send 'canned' emails that don't ever resolve the matter. I have never been driven to complaints boards before, but booking.com's mishandling of this whole case, and their lack of concern was so bad, that I did post.

Seriously, if you are still reading, I apologise on my behalf and booking.com's for making you read all this. However, I hope you understand the risks of booking with booking.com. Do not expect to get what you are paying for. Ensure that you check your bank statement for episodes such as these. Be prepared to go straight to small claims, as it'll be far quicker than spending evenings talking politely to booking.com while nothing happens (could it be that I'm too polite, and booking.com only repond to people as bad mannered as themselves?).

Bottom line: NEVER, EVER, EVER USE BOOKING.COM, and plese inform everyone you know of this.

• Je
    Jennifer67890 Apr 16, 2014

First person I spoke with at Booking.com was a sweetheart but the accommodation (YMCA Christchurch) told that there was something wrong with my card. Called my bank, nothing wrong with the card, it is YMCA's keypad that is the issue. YMCA Christchurch are also unable or unwilling to take payment online. Which is bad, because I made the reservation online with booking.com and had not got nearly $500 in cash.

Second booking.com person was a lady very rude, she said 'it's all online' and that in essence it was my fault. She had no customer service skill, she didn't care if someone got stranded without accommodation.

YMCA = last century for not accepting online payments
    Booking.com = evil for not communicating this on their website. probably buried in small print maybe. who ever reads that?

Customer experience = don't book accommodation online using booking.com - go direct or via a better website.

Anne1212 Apr 28, 2014

I booked a two day stay with Broadway Hotel in Blackpool. However the night before going the manager phoned me and cancelled my stay. He however offer another hotel but when we arrived at the hotel it was only a 2 star and not suitable as we are both disabled. When i checked my bank statement the Broadway Hotel has still c.harged me the full amount. I am now trying to get my money back. It is disgusting these hotels can just dip into your account and take out money without offering a full service. I will continue to fight to get my money back, and will not use this type of service again.

• Br
    Bruce23 May 03, 2014

We are in the process of trying to get our money back from a hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. The booking conditions clearly stated that the credit cards were for reservation only and we would not be charged. We then proceeded to get emails stating there was something wrong with our card details and could we book again. Checked our account online today and not only have we been charged in total contrast to the website statement, but we have been charged three times. Do you think the CEO Darren Huston will care? Probably not, too busy counting his $17, 000, 000 compensation package to genuinely want positive customer outcomes.

Angela Burchette Aug 06, 2014

Booked hotel in Forest City NC. At time of booking there were pics of a pool. When I got there the pool had no water. When I asked about it I was told there was no pic of pool on website which was a lie. If you look on Booking.com today it clearly describes the hotel as having a pool although the pic isn't there anymore. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and charged my credit card as soon as I walked out the door. I tried to resolve it through Booking.com but they turned the blind eye and favored the hotel. I will never use them again.

• Pi
    pieses9 Sep 06, 2014

Booking.com sucks..a bunch of crooks! Never ever go through them...everrrr...

Hazz1234 Sep 10, 2014

I booked a room through Bookings.com in Venice ( Ca Maria callas) that clearly advertised a canal view and had no mention of construction works at time of our booking. When we arrived at hotel it was a construction site. There was rubble from demolition in courtyard as well as signs up with danger warnings. The entire hotel was covered in scaffold from the outside blocking any view of the canals the had previously existed. The rooms smelt of dust created by construction works and construction noise could be herd from as early as 7am. In my opinion I have clearly been ripped off by false advertising and rooms were unfit for guests. Also bookings. Com would not post my bad review so that other travelers could be warned of this hotel and our expire nice of being ripped off . It makes me wonder how many other review don't make bookings.com website so people can get a true representation of what they are paying for.

• Mo
    Mohamed Hassan Elgamal Dec 22, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have booked a room in Royal Dyar Hotel in Madinah, Saudi Arabia (booking number (797541244) for the period Jan17 to Jan 20, 2014 then I have canceled my booking early enough on Dec 18th (about 4 weeks early) (with no penalty of cancellation) and I have received an email from booking that confirmed my cancellation with a zero total cancellation cost (copy attached). The point is two days after the cancellation, I received a message from my bank that informs me that the hotel has deducted 2400 SR (the full amount of hotel cost despite of my cancellation) from my credit card. I phoned the hotel three times and they confessed that they did a mistake and they asked me for my bank account number to return the money and I sent it to them however no money was transferred to my account till the moment. I appreciate your support in solving such an awkward problem.
    Best Regards
    Mohamed. Elgamal, PhD

• Va
    valeria123 Dec 27, 2014

i was in Venice for halloween, i was pregnant and it was very cold add windy !
    I had a problem with a reservation previosly made (the hotel reviews in booking.com were totally false) so i ask booking.com to be refund and to find me another hotel.
    I waited many hours outside in the cold, i got sick and they never help me with anything.
    After waiting in the cold for about 3 hours, i walked around with my heavy lugage and i found a hotel by myself (much more expensive) everything was fully booked.
    After calling many times, Booking.com promise me by phone that they were going to find me another hotel in the same area for the same price and refund 23€ in about a month ( the rest was allready refund directly by the hotel).
    Today is the 27 of december and i have never received my 23€ ... i have called booking.com and they deny any responsibility .

• At
    Atno Smith Jan 24, 2015

Booking.com uses one good photo for this dump from the Hotel Impossible program and lead people to believe this is a good establishment, but in reality everything else is a welfare hotel. This place should be closed and taken off Booking.com, so they can stop scamming people.