Booking.combad service

My complaint is because bookings.com works with a hotel by the name of Bungalowpark Domaine de Chodes in Belgium, which apart from being of awful quality, also rips off their customers. In the confirmation they sent me they said that the credit card was only for reservation, and that they wouldn't apply payment. Then they asked for a wire transfer. I sent the wire transfer, and immediately after they charged my credit card. In that sense they charged me twice. During my unfortunate stay at the hotel I tried to get reimbursement and they gave me the runaround, it is 6 months later, and now they tell me that the rate was wrong... Clearly this is a fraud. My complaint is that booking.com should make a more thorough due diligence of the hotels they provide access to on their site. In this case I was robbed. Will never use booking.com again, and recommend that people be aware that the quality of the hotels they provide in very questionable.

RESOLVED

• Booking.com's response · Jun 28, 2011

Dear Joseph, Your feedback is very important to us, we have sent you a direct message and are looking into this for you. Kind regards, Your Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jan 08, 2013

Hi Raygromer,

I am sorry to hear that the Parayso Hotel charged you incorrectly and would like to get to the bottom of this.
    Could you please post your booking number and I will investigate this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Tal

• Booking.com's response · Jan 09, 2013

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the information above.
    I contacted the relevant department and one of my specialized colleagues will contact you via phoneemail.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good day !

Tal

• Booking.com's response · Feb 17, 2013

Hello Weah,
    I am sorry to hear about the issue you had at the hotel.
    Please note that you can call us any time in a situation like this. When you made your booking it was instantly confirmed and also sent to the hotel. If they cannot honor your reservation, they should let us know and assist you in finding a proper alternative.
    Could you please post your booking number so I can investigate it for you?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jasmine - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · May 18, 2013

Hi Nelsonof,
    I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Please provide me the bookingnumber of this guest, and I will be happy to investigate what happened. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
    Kind Regards,
    Angela - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · May 19, 2013

Hello Nelson, I am sorry to hear you feel this way.
    Please note that our mutual guests have the right to leave their personal opinion about their stay at an specific property booked through Booking.com. We do not encourage hotels to contact guests directly regarding their review, however if you disagree you can contact us and we will be glad to investigate why the guest felt that way.
    Regarding the cancellation for the double room, can you please provide me with the guest's Booking number to verify this further for you ?
    Thanks,
    Lissa - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 19, 2013

Hello hatebookingcom,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way about the issues you have had.
    I would like to help you regarding this matter. Can you please provide me with your Booking number?

Lissa - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 22, 2013

Hi again.

You can also send us a private message with your booking number so that I can look into the issue. Posting your booking number in public is safe as you also need a PIN code in order to log-in to your profile or to be able to check your reservation.
    I would like to follow up on this.

Konstantina - Booking.com Team

• Booking.com's response · Jul 22, 2013

Hi,

Customer Service may be dealing with this, however, without your booking number I cannot access your information to investigate. In regards to your second question, consumers have the right to share there opinions. We do try to address all consumer complaints, and would like to assist you. Kindly provide your booking number for me.

• Booking.com's response · Jul 23, 2013

Hi there,
    I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way. Unfortunately, in order to investigate what has happened I would need to have your Booking.com reservation number. As soon as you post it, I will ensure that your case is investigated thoroughly and you are contacted shortly by our specialised team. Also, we sincerely appreciate the feedback from our customers. With the help of feedback such as yours we are striving to make the necessary improvements, with the aim of providing an increased quality Customer experience and increase our service standards. Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have faced. Should you wish to accept my assistance so we can get to the bottom of this, please post your reservation number.
    Regards, Sergejs

• Booking.com's response · Jul 24, 2013

Hello,
    We have been unable to answer your question of why our customer service is not dealing with this already because you have not provided us with your booking number to verify if they are dealing with it or not.
    This matter can be investigated and resolved once you provide with the information we need.

Have a nice day,
    Lissa

• Booking.com's response · Jul 29, 2013

Hi Valerie,
    I was really sorry to read your comment as we certainly don’t want any of our customers to feel this way.
    Could you please provide me with your reservation number? I would like to get to the bottom of this.
    Regards, Tal

• Booking.com's response · Oct 18, 2013

Hi Valerie,
    I am sorry to hear about this.
    I do not locate a date on your post, so I apologize if this issue has been resolved.
    Anytime there is a discrepancy between the amount the hotel advertises on our site and the amount the guest was charged, booking.com does try to assist the guest it getting a refund.
    I have checked the hotels bookings and was not able to locate a booking for you.
    Can you provide your booking number so that I can look into this?
    You can post it here or email me at [email protected]

Kristen

• Booking.com's response · Apr 17, 2014

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you have had. All hotels choose what forms of payment they will accept. I would like to check into this matter for you to ensure the hotels payment policies are being displayed on the website. Can you please post your booking number or email it to [email protected]?

• Booking.com's response · Apr 29, 2014

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that the hotel could not honor your confirmed booking and did not relocate you to another property of the same standard. The hotel is responsible for maintaining their availability. The hotel should not have charged you if they were not able to provide you a room for your stay. I would like to help by looking into this matter for you. Can you please post your booking number or email it to [email protected] referencing this post and I will be in contact via phone or email.

• Booking.com's response · May 04, 2014

Hello Bruce,
    I am sorry to hear about this.
    While Booking.com requires a valid credit card to make a booking, Booking.com does not charge guests (a booking fee or process payment). All details are forwarded to the hotel, who will process payment within the terms of the booking, as selected by the guest while booking. However, as noted on every hotels booking page, each hotel reserves the right to pre authorize the provided credit card. A pre authorization does not remove funds from your account, but can create a hold on a specified amount. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide your booking number? You can post it here, or email me at [email protected] Please be sure to mention this post.

Kristen

• Booking.com's response · Aug 06, 2014

Hi Angela,

I have located your reservation and I can see that my colleague has been in contact with the hotel and they have confirmed the incorrect information was listed. We are trying to resolve this for you, but were informed we will need to speak to the manager in the morning. You will be contacted as soon as an update is received.

Regards, Kelly

• Booking.com's response · Sep 10, 2014

@pieses9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. If there is a particular reservation that you have had issues with, I'd like to help. Please provide your booking number if this is the case.

Regards, Kelly

• Ka
    Kat Rose Aug 15, 2016

I booked a non-refundable room, but the hotel weren't able to supply it and are instead forcing me to stay in a more expensive room. Because the room was non-refundable, I cannot get my money back and have had to pay £40 more than I agreed to.

• Ti
    Tilanda Morton Jul 27, 2016

Long story short.Booking.com cancelled my reservations as a no show, because we changed the dates.You all cancelled before our trip reservation dates. Now your telling me you charge to change the dates as if you cancelled. Unbelievable tactics, I would like a full refund. All of this was booking.com and oceana venice fault., not us the consumers. Please take responsibility for your actions.Stop taking people money this is so unfair to all consumers. It's called mis leading your consumers.

• Om
    oman motiani Mar 20, 2016

booking.com penny wise pound foolish
    they cheat customer and government they pocket the tax. As I mentioned them before also that this way you will be loosing your business.
    and you will be one of them it has come true and I can see so many companies with less price sometimes.Booking.com charge you 15 usd extra per night on each room. or they mislead you room size and charge you more if you compare other sites.
    2. Also you see many complains against them.
    3. I have saved so much money not going through bookin.com

• Pr
    Prewelli Mar 16, 2016

I Booked a hotel in Nice using Booking.Com with a sterling price on website. On receiving confirmation I find that the amount will not be taken until I arrive at the hotel- 6 months time and in euros- by which time the price may have moved in a detrimental way. I made the booking thru Easy Jet but the booking was directed to Booking.Com- I would never have made this booking if I had known it was Booking.com- cannot get a reply on the phone.Desperate - pensioner and cannot afford the difference in exchange rate

• Oz
    ozge ozgemis (ozgemis) Mar 08, 2016

I made a reservation on booking.com with a b&b whch accepted my late check in on the phone. However, in the end they didn't wait for me and me being alone in a foreign city in the middle of the night is not their problem. I told this to booking.com but they refuse to reimburse me because I had no evidence. Conversation was made on the phone and they told me they cannot help me with that. Eventually, I was in a bad situation and I had to pay for the hotel and no one helped me about it.

Never use booking.com they should choose their partners wisely and protect travelers.

• Re
    Reviewer42655 Feb 26, 2016

Booked with booking.com for Beachcomber Hotel Surfers Paradise QLD..

I called the hotel to enquire about check in only to be told there wasn't the room for my family..

Called booking.com spoke to a Steven/Stefan only to be hung up on..

Then called back then again hung up on..

Called third time asked for a supervisior after 5 times requesting 1 finally got transferred to 1 only to be told its my fault nothing they can do then hung up...

DO NOT USE BOOKING.COM They are so rude...

• Ne
    Neftali Jan 05, 2016

Had the worst experience with Booking... REALLY unprofessional staff! i reserved a vacation home and when i got there Christmas eve, it was occupied!! what a shame! after 2 hours of waiting on the line, they offered me a villa that is $906 more than what i already paid and said that they will refund afterwards... Well that NEVER happend! not even a compensation was offered!

• Iv
    Ivanova Oct 29, 2015

Hi, I booked a room for 6 nights via Booking in Low Cost Bed Point Be Hostel on 24 october 2015, 16:38 with a free cancelation. I had to cancel in just a few hours which I did more than a month prior to check-in date: on 25 october 2015, at 07:45. My booking number is [protected].
    However on 24 october 2015 my card was debited with 65 euro - a 30% deposit. My account at booking.com shows I have cancelled the reservation: "We have sent an email confirming your cancellation your email. We are in the process of updating your information. This change will soon be visible everywhere."
    I received a confirmation email that the reservation is cancelled with 0 cancelation fee.
    I contacted booking.com with the question when my deposit will be refunded and they promised to get in touch. Meanwhile the hostel changed the fine print by adding that the 30% deposit is not refundable. But as this was made post factum and it was not written anywhere during my booking and in my confirmation email, they still are legally binded to refund my deposit. Could you kindly look into this and refund my money back. Waiting urgently for your response. Kind regards, Y. Ivanova

• Be
    beno12 Jul 26, 2015

Booked a hotel on booking.com for 1 week under their supposed special rates which were non cancellable. In under 24 hours i found that it was not a special rate nor was it cheaper but infact they was charging more. I contacted them and asked for a price match and terms and conditions match. They refused terms and conditions match. Their price match was still more than what was being charged elsewhere.
    Arrived at hotel - not as described. It all made sense why it was non cancellable. People could see into our room from overlooking apartments. There was no privacy. The hotel added additional fines and rules. Which i could not agree to. I contacted booking for assistance and asked them several times for their complaints procedure. I am still waiting for this. But booking did nothing to help. I would never use booking.com again nor would i stay at that hotel again. Worst company ever

• Mo
    mogogw May 13, 2015

I booked a reservation at Booking.com for Kaweah River Horse and Guest Ranch and received a reservation number and pin. I made the reservation on March 23 2015 for May 30th- June 2, but when I contacted the Ranch with a question on 11 May, I was told they haven't work with Booking for over a year and no reservation was made in my name. Further research found that people had shown up with Booking paperwork firmly in hand only to find that no reservation was ever submitted by Booking. They can't be trusted and I will never use them again.

• Ta
    taaha Apr 11, 2015

Never book your hotel @ booking.com as they will not honor their agreement afterwards if you get any cheap deal. Its just a scam as they will later tell you that it was a mistake by them and you have to pay extra for your booking.

• Ta
    Tablet123 Mar 19, 2015

Booked 4 rooms; 2 adults, 1 child, breakfast included. Total 8 adults and 4 children
    Was asked by the hotel to pay extra for the children breakfast.
    Booking.com refused to honour the booking agreement

• At
    Atno Smith Jan 24, 2015

Booking.com uses one good photo for this dump from the Hotel Impossible program and lead people to believe this is a good establishment, but in reality everything else is a welfare hotel. This place should be closed and taken off Booking.com, so they can stop scamming people.

• Va
    valeria123 Dec 27, 2014

i was in Venice for halloween, i was pregnant and it was very cold add windy !
    I had a problem with a reservation previosly made (the hotel reviews in booking.com were totally false) so i ask booking.com to be refund and to find me another hotel.
    I waited many hours outside in the cold, i got sick and they never help me with anything.
    After waiting in the cold for about 3 hours, i walked around with my heavy lugage and i found a hotel by myself (much more expensive) everything was fully booked.
    After calling many times, Booking.com promise me by phone that they were going to find me another hotel in the same area for the same price and refund 23€ in about a month ( the rest was allready refund directly by the hotel).
    Today is the 27 of december and i have never received my 23€ ... i have called booking.com and they deny any responsibility .

• Mo
    Mohamed Hassan Elgamal Dec 22, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have booked a room in Royal Dyar Hotel in Madinah, Saudi Arabia (booking number ([protected]) for the period Jan17 to Jan 20, 2014 then I have canceled my booking early enough on Dec 18th (about 4 weeks early) (with no penalty of cancellation) and I have received an email from booking that confirmed my cancellation with a zero total cancellation cost (copy attached). The point is two days after the cancellation, I received a message from my bank that informs me that the hotel has deducted 2400 SR (the full amount of hotel cost despite of my cancellation) from my credit card. I phoned the hotel three times and they confessed that they did a mistake and they asked me for my bank account number to return the money and I sent it to them however no money was transferred to my account till the moment. I appreciate your support in solving such an awkward problem.
    Best Regards
    Mohamed. Elgamal, PhD

Hazz1234 Sep 10, 2014

I booked a room through Bookings.com in Venice ( Ca Maria callas) that clearly advertised a canal view and had no mention of construction works at time of our booking. When we arrived at hotel it was a construction site. There was rubble from demolition in courtyard as well as signs up with danger warnings. The entire hotel was covered in scaffold from the outside blocking any view of the canals the had previously existed. The rooms smelt of dust created by construction works and construction noise could be herd from as early as 7am. In my opinion I have clearly been ripped off by false advertising and rooms were unfit for guests. Also bookings. Com would not post my bad review so that other travelers could be warned of this hotel and our expire nice of being ripped off . It makes me wonder how many other review don't make bookings.com website so people can get a true representation of what they are paying for.

• Pi
    pieses9 Sep 06, 2014

Booking.com sucks..a bunch of crooks! Never ever go through them...everrrr...

Angela Burchette Aug 06, 2014

Booked hotel in Forest City NC. At time of booking there were pics of a pool. When I got there the pool had no water. When I asked about it I was told there was no pic of pool on website which was a lie. If you look on Booking.com today it clearly describes the hotel as having a pool although the pic isn't there anymore. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and charged my credit card as soon as I walked out the door. I tried to resolve it through Booking.com but they turned the blind eye and favored the hotel. I will never use them again.

• Br
    Bruce23 May 03, 2014

We are in the process of trying to get our money back from a hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. The booking conditions clearly stated that the credit cards were for reservation only and we would not be charged. We then proceeded to get emails stating there was something wrong with our card details and could we book again. Checked our account online today and not only have we been charged in total contrast to the website statement, but we have been charged three times. Do you think the CEO Darren Huston will care? Probably not, too busy counting his $17, 000, 000 compensation package to genuinely want positive customer outcomes.

Anne1212 Apr 28, 2014

I booked a two day stay with Broadway Hotel in Blackpool. However the night before going the manager phoned me and cancelled my stay. He however offer another hotel but when we arrived at the hotel it was only a 2 star and not suitable as we are both disabled. When i checked my bank statement the Broadway Hotel has still c.harged me the full amount. I am now trying to get my money back. It is disgusting these hotels can just dip into your account and take out money without offering a full service. I will continue to fight to get my money back, and will not use this type of service again.

• Je
    Jennifer67890 Apr 16, 2014

First person I spoke with at Booking.com was a sweetheart but the accommodation (YMCA Christchurch) told that there was something wrong with my card. Called my bank, nothing wrong with the card, it is YMCA's keypad that is the issue. YMCA Christchurch are also unable or unwilling to take payment online. Which is bad, because I made the reservation online with booking.com and had not got nearly $500 in cash.

Second booking.com person was a lady very rude, she said 'it's all online' and that in essence it was my fault. She had no customer service skill, she didn't care if someone got stranded without accommodation.

YMCA = last century for not accepting online payments
    Booking.com = evil for not communicating this on their website. probably buried in small print maybe. who ever reads that?

Customer experience = don't book accommodation online using booking.com - go direct or via a better website.

hatebookingcom Jul 24, 2013

Hello Lissa, Sergejs, Andrew, Konstantina

I am not certain if you are deliberately playing dumb, or not.
    Let me tell you, that as a customer, I expect:
    - NOT TO BE DOUBLE-CHARGED
    - IF I AM DOUBLE-CHARGED, IT SHOULD BE RECTIFIED WITHOUT HESITATION
    - IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MAY, JUNE, JULY AND PERHAPS AUGUST
    - THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE
    - I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO BROADCAST MY CASE ONLINE. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT
    - I AM ASKING YOU WHY BOOKING.COM DO NOT RESOLVE CASES WITHIN A FEW HOURS, OR FEW DAYS, OR EVEN IN A FEW WEEKS?
    - WHY DO I NEED TO DETAIL MY CASE ONLINE, IN ORDER FOR BOOKING.COM TO TAKE ACTION?
    - WHAT ABOUT THE 99% OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD NEVER POST ON A BOARD LIKE THIS?
    - DO THEY EVER GET THEIR MONEY BACK?
    - DO THEY GET ANY ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION FOR THEIR TIME?

BY MISUNDERSTANDING MY QUESTIONS AND SENTIMENTS TIME AND AGAIN, BOOKING.COM ARE DELIVERING EVEN WORSE SERVICE THAN YOU HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. TO BE CLEAR, WORSE THAN 'ABYSMAL' AND 'UNACCEPTABLE'.

YOUR RESPONSES HERE ARE QUITE TYPICAL OF BOOKING.COM'S CARELESS ATTITUDE, AND ARE 100% 'NOT APPRECIATED'.

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO CONSUME THIS MESSAGE BOARD WITH DIVERSIONARY MESSAGES SO POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS AND MYSELF GET BORED OF THIS POST.

KINDLY STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH THESE RIDICULOUS MESSAGES!

To any poor person having to read any of this, the booking.com team responding here are trying to find out my case number. I do not see why this team needs to get involved. Perhaps they will sort out my issue, BUT it does not prevent booking.com from ripping everyone else off in future. Moreover, I did not post here to resolve my case, as booking.com may have you believe. I posted to let people know how little they care. I've tried with their customer services for months, and they keep telling me I'll get my money back, and everything is resolved, but I still have not seen the money. What is the point of them having a customer service team, if that team never fixes issues for customers? Is the only way to get an issue reolved to post on a board like this? It really appears so. That policy probably nets booking.com millions, and saves millions on customer service staff time, as they just close off cases or send 'canned' emails that don't ever resolve the matter. I have never been driven to complaints boards before, but booking.com's mishandling of this whole case, and their lack of concern was so bad, that I did post.

Seriously, if you are still reading, I apologise on my behalf and booking.com's for making you read all this. However, I hope you understand the risks of booking with booking.com. Do not expect to get what you are paying for. Ensure that you check your bank statement for episodes such as these. Be prepared to go straight to small claims, as it'll be far quicker than spending evenings talking politely to booking.com while nothing happens (could it be that I'm too polite, and booking.com only repond to people as bad mannered as themselves?).

Bottom line: NEVER, EVER, EVER USE BOOKING.COM, and plese inform everyone you know of this.

hatebookingcom Jul 23, 2013

Again, you ignore the main question, even after I specifically asked you not to:
    Why are your customer services not dealing wth this already?

This also implicitly asks, why do I have to waste my time finding and posting on these boards in order to get any resolution?

hatebookingcom Jul 22, 2013

Konstantina

Thank you for confirming that booking.com believe that CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT RESOLUTION, CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, NOT RESOLVING ISSUES IN OVER TWO MONTHS IS ACCEPTABLE.
    Personally, I value your honesty, but cannot respect that stance. It is disgusting.

Let me ask you:
    1) Why are your customer services not dealing wth this already?

Let me also repeat my question to you that you ignored in typical booking.com fashion:
    2) Can you explain why booking.com is so consistently mentioned on complaints boards?

Please DO NOT IGNORE MY QUESTIONS ON HERE, also. It makes booking.com look even less professional than before.

Yours more unhappily

H

hatebookingcom Jul 20, 2013

Lissa

You say, "I am sorry to hear you feel this way about the issues you have had."
    The only 'feelings' are my suggestion that not resolving my case in 8 weeks and closing cases before resolution constitutes lazy and inadequate service.

Therefore, YOU ARE SAYING SAYING THAT CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT RESOLUTION, CLOSING CALLS WITHOUT CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, NOT RESOLVING ISSUES IN OVER TWO MONTHS IS ACCEPTABLE!
    You epitomize booking.com's awful attitude to customer service. I see why they have chosen you, Lissa.

Half of your 'customer service' team have my booking number, already.
    Neither am I keen to be posting information linked to my personal details on the internet. Your service has been so poor that it really makes me doubt whether you take security seriously either.

This latest case is still open, as far as I know. I believe it is being dealt with in the usual, careless, disjointed, slow, uninterested manner that separates booking.com from the quality end of the hotel websites sector.

Since you have posted, can you explain why booking.com is so consistently mentioned on complaints boards?
    I have NEVER posted about anything before. It was such poor service in the hotel, and booking.com have continued that. I could

hatebookingcom Jul 19, 2013

8 weeks since I was double-charged at one of Booking.com's hotels. Still NO REFUND, although its gets agreed on a regular basis.

*****AVOID*****
    Stick to Expedia, laterooms etc

LAZY, INADEQUATE service from booking.com. AWFUL!!!

• Ne
    nelsonof May 18, 2013

I work as a manager for a motel in Australia and we sadly let booking.com make booking's for us and we had a booking one day that was made by a customer thru booking.com, they asked for a double room and in the comment it said the customer need a extra bed ( which would be a triple room not a double room ) this was only going to cost the customer a extra $10 a night more but the people did not wish to pay the extra, so I rang the people and told them that they would have to rent a triple room not a double room, they became very rude on the phone and abusive, when I rang booking.com to cancel the booking they told me that the customer was the only one who could cancel the booking and that we had no right to say who could and who could not stay at the motel. the other thing I hate is that the guest can give you good or bad reviews but you can not give the guest good or bad reviews and just because some give you bad reviews, you can not tell them just how much of a wanker they are

• We
    weah Feb 12, 2013

just faced bad experience of using this booking.com.
    the hotel said that my name was not there even i showed them the booking confirmation.
    suck ...
    no other choice i have to find another hotel
    agoda is 10000 time better than booking.com

• Ra
    raygromer Jan 08, 2013

Booking.com numbers [protected], [protected] & [protected]

I used my Starwood AMEX card to make reservations at Parayso Hotel in Mexico, but upon check out, used a different card (Capital One Visa) to pay the total hotel bill.

The reservation was for three suites for three nights, Dec [protected]. But when we arrived Dec 14, only one room was available due to hotel overbooking. The second and third nights (Dec 15 & 16) we only had 2 rooms, again due to hotel overbooking. We checked out on the Dec 17 and I asked the hotel manager, Adrian, to put all of the charges on my Capital One Visa card, which he did ($245).

Parayso Hotel then charged my Starwood AMEX card for the full amount of the original reservation ($369.36 + $235.98) PLUS the actual final bill ($245). The $369.36 and $235.98 charges are fraudulent and should be reversed.

• Ra
    raygromer Jan 07, 2013

I used Booking.com to reserve rooms at Parayso Hotel in Tulum, Mexico. I used a different credit card to pay the final hotel bill when I checked out, but the hotel charged both credit cards. Booking.com would not help me, and they continue to list this hotel on their site. Booking.com is the worst of the online travel sites.

• Bi
    bidnelo Jan 04, 2013

That's complety false. All the reviews are true, the biggest problem is that an hotel cannot reply to the reviews if people give false information!!!

• Vi
    VisitedRome Sep 15, 2012

Booking.com provides misleading information about hotels. Its so called 'customer reviews' are mostly fake. Their operation is fraud and conspires with fraudulent businesses to cheat customers.

• In
    Intelife Sep 05, 2012

YES, understood a small inn must have a cancellation policy, but if someone makes an honest mistate due to MISINformation on Booking.com listings and calls 5 MINUTES after booking to inform the Inn of the mistake, common decency calls for that Inn owner to practice good customer service at that point. I was refused a cancellation waiver and cdharged the full amount on my credite card for a room that was booked in a city with the same name as the city I had searched for in the U.S. Booking.com customer service rep then told me how stricts everyone must be with their rules and how the Inn owner had a right to charge me. I am fuming even two days later over this complete lack of decency and plan to disparage the name of booking.com and the ELY Guest House in Ely United Kingdom, every chance I get.

• Es
    esmeralda afonso Aug 30, 2012

I booked rooms in business hotel in Plovdiv, Bulgary on August the 12th. The service of the hotel wasn´t excellent but was acceptable. At least everything was clean. My surprise was at breakfast. They served tomato, cucumber, a small package of butter and other of jam, a small piece of cheese ... we did not eat any of these and asked for a cup of milk with coffee to go with the burnt toasts. They gave us a litle cup of milk. When we asked for a second cup of milk, they showed clearly they didn't like it. In the end they charged us extra money for that second cup of milk. I have already travelled around the world and this had never happened to me. I always drink as much milk as I want as I always prefer continental breakfast.
    The waitor whom I talked to about this, was extremely rude and badly mannered. I was confused and amazed with her behaviour. I was never so badly treated by anyone in a hotel. The manager did nothing and the complaints book wasn't real. It was a kind of note book. Anyway I wrote my opinion there. Run away from this hotel and from its terrible service.

• Tr
    Traveller x Aug 28, 2012

Booking.com is a joke. I was charged for a "No Show" that was improper and they acted like it was not their fault. DO NOT USE IT unless you have to. Using their system to browse hotels is good though. Then google the hotel and make a reservation yourself. You and the hotel will be happier.

• In
    innkeeperZ Jun 20, 2012

I am a B&B owner that uses booking.com. You CANNOT get refunds from booking.com because they collect a HEFTY commission from US, and do not charge you at all for their services. Be sure to read all the policies you agree to. Better yet, go directly to the lodging's websire and book DIRECTLY with the inn, or call the owner. You will likely be eligible for a lower price, discount, upgrade, etc. Be sure to know what you are agreeing to, deposit-, payment- and refund-wise. Small inns MUST have strict cancellation policies--we can't afford to have rooms sit empty.

• Ba
    ballball Jun 18, 2012

Key words - booking.com, complain, worst system, no responsibility

I know it is a long comment but i think it will useful to understand worst system on booking.com.

Booking.com is the worst travel agency in the world with no responsibility to their customers. Their system is to send the booking detail including customers' credit card detail to the hotel. Yes, it looks like the system is convenience to customers that put credit card for guarantee their booking with no charge and only pay the fee on arrival date. However, the system is good only for good hotel, not every hotel. The reason is the hotel can charge your credit card with the amount that you never know until the card is charged. And the worst point is you will not get the receipt from the hotel. Also booking.com will never know that hotel charges the customers until they get the confirmation from their customers. So, you think about you travel in the region and you book 2-4 hotels from booking.com and booking.com give your credit card detail to 2-4 hotels that they can charge your credit card any time. So, as I said before, if you book with good hotel, this system works but if you book with bad hotel, you will find bad experience like me.

Next, the next worst system is no refund policy to show because booking.com is not charged you money. So, it sounds good but in reality it is the worst. Thinking about you have to deal with refund policy from each hotel. It maybe 15 days, a month, or 2 months or u will never get your refund. Booking.com has no policy to protect their customer from refund policy.

Next, the next worst system of customer service, when you call booking.com customer service, you have to talk with new operator every time because they don't have the internal line. So, you have to explain your situation again and again. Moreover, you will get reply call when they said they will call u back. And no way to talk with the same operator.

For my case, I book the hotels with booking.com and it has no problem until I book "Youth Venice Home Hostel" by booking.com. After I book this hotel, the hotel charged my credit card immediately on the same day with the different name from hotel name. So, I call my bank to confirm about the charge and the answer is yes, it already charged. So, I contact hotel and booking.com and also make cancellation immediately. And the answer is it is not a charged, it is pre-authotized and it means only "block" the credit card. However, I confirm that it is a "Charged" not "Blocked" so I email 3-4 mails to booking.com but no one reply my mail.

So, I call them in the morning, they ask me to print the statement or take screen picture on my statement. So, I use internet banking to show the statement. After they receive my statement, they contact hotel and the hotel answer that they only block and will unblock in the future which is not indicate when the hotel will unblock. So, I reply mail to confirm that it is "Charged" not "Blocked". At the same time, I contact hotel to refund my account, and they ask me the bank name, also ask me to contact booking.com to contact him. So I do all as he wants.

In the evening same day, after I get reply back from booking.com that the transaction that I show them is "Unbilled transaction" with not the same hotel name so they ask me real transaction with hotel name. So, I call them and I said I will let my bank investigate this account as cheating transaction because if it not the hotel, I don't know who charged me. So, the operator call hotel for me and ask name of account and the answer is yes, it is a hotel group name. For unbilled transaction, booking.com said that it is not real charge and the real charge is billed transaction so they ask me billed transaction. However, booking.com is wrong. Unbilled transaction means the credit already charged but the time is not reach due date so it is unbilled transaction. I will make more clear. If you use credit card on 1st June and the cutting date is 15 June. From 1st to 15th June, It will show as unbill transaction and after 16th June, it will show as billed transaction. From this problem, the operator told me she will call hotel and ask that it is "Charged" or "Blocked" and she will call me back in 2 hours. So, I answer that "Charged" or "Blocked" is not main problem, coz the hotel just "Unblocked" or "Refund", the problem will solve. After that, I will her call for 2 hours but it is no call. And I also contact hotel and the answer is hotel already ask booking.com to refund my money so everything seems to be good ending.

On the next day, I call booking.com again and new operator pick me call. So, I gave her my booking and ask when I get refund and ask that last night is it has any record of operator talk with hotel about "Charged" or "Blocked" and when I get refund. And the answer is booking.com has no right to charge or refund the money, it is the hotel's right. Moreover, she ask me to give her confirmation charged by hotel from my bank. So, I explain her again all situation and it is third time and I ask when I get refund. She answer that She will call hotel and call me back.

Conclusion, what I want to share is my experience with the worst travel agency. It has many good travel agency in the world and I just want to say why I have to use booking.com. Also, I read many reviews of complain on booking.com and I can conclude that booking.com has no right to make refund and it also has to ask from hotel and what if hotel does not want to refund you and find many reasons. For example, when you cancel the booking, hotel said they don't receive your cancellation and charged your credit card as no-show. You have to contact hotel to solve this problem and also booking.com but if you use other travel agency, they will solve your problem for u. Thinking about you have to contact small hotel in other country compare with contact big travel agency. Which one is better??

I still wait call back from booking.com but I think they will not call back.

marcais Jun 03, 2012

Id like to warn your readers about a hotel in Barcelona called medium city carrer nicaragua 47 which claims to be 4 Star but in reality is more like a 2 Star and for me represented very poor value for money remember the name an avoid it if you can, Marcais, Eireann.

• Ju
    Justmyopinion2006 Aug 13, 2011

As a customer service employee for this company, I disagree with the complaint. We try to maintain a neutral relationship to make sure both the hotel and guest are happy. We do NOT charge credit cards. They are up to the hotel to charge. If they charge it incorrectly, we are at their mercy as much as the guest is, begging for the guest to be refunded. In reply to your complaint...we have hundreds of THOUSANDS of hotels working with us. Unfortunately, it's just not a possibility to have someone physically check out each hotel personally. We do close hotels that receive a lot of negative comments and complaints. I'm sorry to hear about everyone's negative experiences, but please keep in mind, just because you had a bad experience with the hotel doesn't mean we are at fault either. Honestly, I've worked a ton of crappy customer service jobs. The kind where you dread getting out of your car in the parking lot, your managers don't give a flying crap about you, where you can be fired at any given moment without notice...Needless to say, I've never worked for a more enjoyable and articulate company, who really prides themselves on making sure the customer is satisfied as well as the hotels. Booking.com is an extremely reputable affiliate with Priceline and I'm proud to be an employee and help fine people every day such as yourselves.

• Fo
    Fooledbyairtel Jul 01, 2011

To all the donkys there @ airtel
    This is really pathetic service you are providing to your customers.
    Bloody, even though we recharge the account of airtel TV still d amount has not been updated in your system & we r unable to watch.
    When tried to call customer care after following all the information, giving all details, long waiting time &
    punching all the numbers asked by IVR when the times comes to speak your another donky (executive), line automatically get disconnected.
    Like your airtel mobile service this is much more worse service u r offering
    It seems now we have to throw this connection as well
    Really regretted to be your customer