Menu
Bob's Discount Furniture
reviews & complaints

Bob's Discount Furniture
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

457 complaints
133 resolved 324 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bob's Discount Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
8:11 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered 2 matching recliners. Specific delivery instructions given. Totally ignored. Delivered completly different style chairs. The only thing correct, was the color. Delivery was late. Spoke with a store manager, he was very close to having an attitude. Buyer be ware when buying Bob's. Sorry Bob, won't be back !!

12:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Customer # 2767444 Leslie Kimball We purchased the sofa and it was delivered 8-29-12. Within six months it had to be replaced because the springs were broken. Within the last few months the leather has been flaking off the sofa leaving bare spots. It is especially bad on one side where the headrest, arm rest and seat cushion have much of the leather gone. A...

View 0 more photos
E
6:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this sleep sofa in the freeport location n after 10 mths i fell thru the bed when the part thats supposed to hold up the mattress ripped ! i weigh 115 lbs . Ive been calling customer care line and they have been telling me what id like to hear but to no avail.This has been going on for at least 4 mths its ridiculous the way im being treated.

10:33 pm

Bob's Discount Furniture - customer service

During our recent visit to this store in south Attleboro on 10/18 I had to wait about 15 minutes to get waited on in order to make a payment on a piece of furniture. There were only 2 people available at the office desk and there were several people just sitting at several desks just taking and notbone of them offered to take care of the line that was forming. My boyfriend asked to speak to the store manager who's name was Jeff and tried to explain the situation that was going on but Jeff was just rude and asked my boyfriend to leave the store. have bought many items of furniture and needless to say I don't think I will be buying anything else from this store. The store manager at this store needs to have better people skills.

1:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If given the opportunity I would rate them a negative -10. Purchased a box spring bed frame and kitchen set for our new apartment. The delivery service or lack there of was horrific at best. Furniture was scheduled to be delivered on 10/1/15 no furniture called customer care they said they couldn't contact us they had transposed the number. They said they...

9:22 am

Bob's Discount Furniture - wrong phone number on the american express bill

I returned a damaged mattress for $978.78 and did not see Bob furniture store credit my american express back. When I called the number they have listed on my american express under the charge amount it is the wrong number which is 860-471-1336.

Bob please correct your records so customers would not waste time on the phone

Again when you call the store its very difficult to speak to someone and the options they have on the phone does not give you a number to select for customer service

Very poor service

5:54 pm
Replied
Bob's Discount Furniture has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bob's Discount Furniture - missing foot on bed frame

Unbelievable! Bought a small bed from Bob's Furniture in Monroeville, they delivered it last week. We tried to put it together Sunday. Missing one foot for the frame. Have been trying since Sunday to get through to customer service on hold for over an hour total, have called the store twice, now they are telling me no part available... have to exchange entire bed. Had to leave work to meet the delivery truck the first time... not happening again. Have now been on hold for another 1/2 hour while they try to get it delivered on a Saturday... Will I shop at Bob's again... NO! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

OH, AND SO NOW i AM BEING TOLD NO SATURDAY DELIVERY. So if I want the foot to my new bed I will have to take another 1/2 day off of work to get it.

J
1:30 pm

Bob's Discount Furniture - policy

I placed a deposit on a bed and mattress after returning from the hospital remembered I wanted to cancel my order as there is no room in my apartment for this bed. The salesman forced me to take the bedspread cover before I purchased the bed I later realized that the policy is that you pay for anything that leaves the store. When I went to cancel the order they charged me 59.00 for a cover I will never use or open. When I called customer service to complain they just told me to read the fine print, I told him you read the fine print on all your lay away purchases. It is my opinion that sales people are told to give the bedcovers so you will have to pay for them it looks like a nice gesture but it is a way of giving people something they did not want or ask for. Watch out for friendly old Bob..

4:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased about $2000 worth of furniture including a bed frame, mattress, sofa, and two dressers from Bob's in October 2012. I also purchased the "goof proof" protection plan on both the bed frame and the sofa. I'll start by talking about the bed. About a year after I had bought the furniture my bed completely collapsed while I was sleeping in it. I wa...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This warranty is a ###!!! They tell you everything is cover when you buy but when something happen, surprise surperice whatever you reporting is an "exception" not covered. They said cover accidental damage, my kid was playing and he ripped the liner of the ottoman, i called them they said, "the interior of the furniture is an exception not covered". Few...

10:26 am

Bob's Discount Furniture - customer service, product

I purchases a piece of furniture last march and within the year it broke twice, same spot. This piece is called the playpen couch and each repair guy sent to fix it told us about how awful that piece of furniture was and how many times they see it malfunction. Even told us that another furniture company that sells the piece recalled it because all the problem they saw with it. We were able to get credit back but I was wary of buying another piece from bobs due to this problem and others I have heard recently. I didn't like anything else in the store anyways but we needed a couch as I was 8 months pregnant and starting to not be able to move up the stairs comfortably. So to get what would satisfactorily replace the sleeper sofa I need to spend extra money. I was given the impression that I could order the couch and have it within a week, especially since I was now shelling out extra money for less features. I was told 8-10 weeks since we wanted a sectional with a reverse chaise... that was not going to work for pregnant me sleeping on a broken couch. I spoke with customer care who could not help but was not rude. I asked for someone else higher and that was a mistake. The account specialist was rude, talked over me and told be that it was my fault because I was choosing to not like anything. The store manage was more than accommodating but he had no power... and he even took the phone to resolve the issue with account specialist and she continued to yell at him about policy. I reluctantly picked a couch to get out of this mess but I will never go back or recommend this company. Especially with a customer care unit so rude and unaccommodating.

3 comments
H

Worst store ever. I've never experienced such a horrible store in my entire life. Managers, Jeff and Joe are rude and don't follow through. The sales people are uneducated and unaware of what's going on. I waited 7 months for my couches because they brought the wrong couches 5 times and than every time they were on back order. I do NOT recommend this store.

Mar 30, 2011 3:44 pm

This outfit will cause you fits. First quality is bogus you get what you pay for. Contact with a phone is virtually impossible and by the way the fish are nice but they don't talk or handle complaints.

Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Bob's has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I bought two bedrooms sets for my grandchilden. Four weeks later they still were not delivered. When they finally called to deliver I was told some parts were not avalible and it would be at least two months before they would be.

After being laughed at by the store manager and told it is what it is I cancelled my order. They must get this a lot as it did not bother them to lose thousands of dollars.

Stay far far away from Bob's. It's not worth it.

D
11:17 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into Bob's in west springfield ma to purchase a couch. I spoke to the sales woman about the couch and decided i wanted one of the other colors that the couch was available in. after signing the sales agreement was told that it would be about 4 to 6 weeks for the couch to come in sionce i wanted a special color. that was fine I could live with out it...

C
7:22 pm

Bob's Discount Furniture - Worst delivery company I have ever dealt with

This was a fantastic place and Jean was amazing. I finally was going to get a good furniture set. Than came the crappy delivery. A very big happy valentine days from Bobs. The delivery didn't stop at the house as they said. I was there. He didnt even knock on the door. I saw a truck stop look and leave. What kind of garbage is this from a respectable company. Than they said we were on a go back and it would be delivered. Wow, 2 hours later I got another call saying they weren't showing up today and they wanted to reschedule. Thank's Bob's for ruining my Valentines Party dinner in my new house. I will go to a company that cares. It just didn't seem like any cares at Bobs after they get there money. I forgot that they claim they have a state of the art delivery system. I got a call 2 days before my confirmed delivery time was between 7:30 to 11:30 confirmed. Guess what I got another call stating it will be 8:00 to 12:00. All day as you wait their online system changes when it was supposed to be delivered. The time changed and changed and changed. Three different times it sat at 40 minutes at the same time and I was still waiting.. Some state of the art system they claim they have. I hope no one else's day was ruined by this place. I will post this review everywhere.

C
11:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We walked in with intentions that we were going to receive information on couches and possibly buy. Fazi was the sales representative that assisted my wife and I. He was too aggressive and very persistent with trying to have us make our purchase that moment. At one point, we let him know that we were indecisive between two styles of couches. He told us that...

Y
1:55 pm

Bob's Discount Furniture - bad customer service

Me and my wife have bought a lot of furniture from bobs and we have been treated very bad, in May we purchased two sofas, and we noticed that the fabric is coming off both couches in different spots, so we called bobs to have a technician come out and look at it, so he came and said they were stains on the couches, which was false, don't kn how he got a job there, but anyways, we paid extra for protection plan, goof proof, so we called customer care and they said they could not do anything about it, six months after we bought the couches and the fabric is coming off! We have bought a lot of stuff from bobs and I would never go back there or tell anyone to go there, you guys are a bunch of crooks!

9:52 am

Bob's Discount Furniture - goof proof plan is a waste of money!

We purchased a microfiber sectional at Bob's in March of 2014 (9 months before this). We purchased the additional goof proof plan as we have two small children, 3.5 and 2 years old. I called to report a claim for several stains that happened over 3 separate incidents (all within the 30 day reporting requirements). I was told by the company who services the plan that there were too many stains and that because it was from more than one incident that they would not cover it. I then called Bob's directly hoping that they would stand behind the plan that they push and sell. They told me that because there were multiple stains that it was considered excessive abuse of the furniture. If any of you have children you know that a single incident can result in more than one stain. This is clearly a way for them to say that they cover stains without actually having to do it. They wouldn't give me a refund on the goof proof plan because it was purchased more than 30 days ago and all they would offer is one of their Bob's technicians to come out and clean it for $79.99. So bottom line--if you have small children and you think this is going to be worth it, don't waste your money. They consider having small children who spill drinks as excessive abuse of the furniture. Save your money and pay someone privately to come out and clean the furniture for you. I am extremely disappointed in the customer service provided by Bob's. His commercials say if you aren't happy I want to know about it. Well how about you stand behind the warranties that you sell! Save your money and spend it at a company that values their customers.

7:31 pm

Bob's Discount Furniture - warranty

Purchase a Montibello fireplace 6 months ago. A 2 inch crack has appeared in the stone on the front of the unit. After reviewing the 2 photos I sent, Bob's costumer service, an expert in masonry I guess, has determined it is a natural characteristic of the stone. Mind you the entire stone, face and top, are perfectly flat and smooth, except for this 2 inch WHITE line. Bob's says it is not a manufactures' defect so they cannot help me. I have GOOF Proof, but that is a joke because they cannot help me because I did NOT damage the unit. So what good are warranties?

1 comment
H
Dec 18, 2014 2:36 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This place is sickening. The staff is lazy, harasses you, knows nothing about the products and the products are so easy to break no wonder its discount. The people who work there are racists too always having an attitude problem and giving racial remarks at people.

T
7:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, too, have been swindled by Bob's "bonded leather". The sofa and love seat I have are peeling...actually peeling apart...all because we had to audacity to sit on it. The furniture is crap. I'm ashamed I purchased it. I contacted customer service, uploaded photos but was denied a claim because the bonded leather has a 3 year warranty and my peeling began...

View 0 more photos
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 9/02/14 We purchased the Sabrina Brown Sleeper Sofa and Chaise with storage. On 9/08/14 The items were delivered damaged. The storage unit was bent, the sofa frame was bent, the fabric was snagged and unraveling. The delivery man noticed the damage immediately and informed customer service, which in turn the customer service agent requested to speak to...

S
12:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought a living room set from Bobs in late 2012, we had a newborn and a puppy and the salesman pushed the bobs goof proof saying it covers any damage the kids or dog could do plus it covers all damages from rips, tears, stains etc so after being told and reassured by our salesman that goof proof covers everything that could happen to the furniture we...

Bob's Discount Furniture contacts