Bob's Discount Furniture Logo

Bob's Discount Furniture

Having problems with Bob's Discount Furniture?

428 Tolland Turnpike
Thu6:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri6:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat6:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun10:30 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bob's Discount Furniture.

Complaints & Reviews

Bob's Furnituredidn't get all my furniture

I went to Bob's furniture and bought a bedroom set along with a set of mattress and box-spring. They said it will take 3 days. When I called them to place the order they said 5 days. They came with the bedroom set, but "NO" mattress or box-spring, the delivery people, said they didn't have an order for a mattress or a box-spring. My husband called them early in the morning. When he called they told him 6 days, after already waiting 5 days. It took 3 calls to get a call back and an answer. Now our daughter has to sleep on on the sofa, because of they mistake.

Now our daughter has to sleep on the sofa until Tuesday, b. of their mistake

Bob Cares May 08, 2012

I'm sorry to here we've let you down. I'd like to make this right for you. If you'd contact me at [protected]@mybobs.com I'll be in touch shortly...Thanks, Eric.

Bob's Discount Furnituredelivery

Purchased the most expensive bedroom in the store. Was told it was on back order for three weeks. Scheduled the delivery, got rid of the old furniture to make room for the new. On the delvery day they showed up with missing parts and could not put the bed together and the 2 night stands and a lamp was damaged. They scheduled a new delivery date, showed up with 2 new damaged night stands and no posts for the bed. Still sleeping on the floor and storing other parts for the bed in our bedroom. And then they call and say it will be another 2 MONTHS!!! I think they may be coming to remove everything and give me a full refund!

Bobs Furnituredamaged home, defective, non delivery and poor customer service

If I could give zero stars I would. Their furniture is of inferior quality, the delivery team damaged my hard word floor and door frames. Moreover, one of the items still has not been delivered more than a month after the original delivery date.

In regards, the repairs, bobs dismissed me and just told me to contact the delivery company and although I have tried to return my order, because of damage they will not communicate with me. I have spend hours and many many calls with their inept customer service department..

Like any business, they depend on referrals for a lot of business, I have my own business, and I will make sure that people know the facts about this company.

Bobs Furnitureno interest finance

Danbury, CT Bobs Discount Furniture - Sales Rep misrepresented finance agreement and employees at the desk are "not responsible" for what sales rep says according to Bobs customer service.
        Purchased furniture December 2011 with 12-month no interest or payment due financing. First bill received April 2012 with a $25 late fee already on it.
        According to Wells Fargo (the bank that financed) there is no such thing anymore as "no interest or payments due" for any amount of time. Totally duped. Believed sales person and desk representatives. Read the fine print.
        Paid off entire balance same day as receiving bill to be done with it.

Bob's Discount Furniturepoor product quality

We bought a sofa, love seat and recliner from Bob's Discount Furniture four years ago and we are very disappointed with the quality of the products. Starting from Year three, the 'leather' started peeling off and its all over us and the floor. We have to constantly keep sweeping the debris. We have the Gaurdsman Protection plan and submitted our claim a week ago and we are still waiting to hear from them. The sofas are very comfortable, however, the quality is very poor. We have bought furniture from IKEA that has undergone constant abuse and yet is still strong. Rest assured, we will not be going back to Bob's Discount Furniture and will be not be recommending them to anyone.

Bob Cares May 02, 2012

I can see why you're disappointed. I'd like to see what I can do for you. If you'd contact me at [protected]@mybobs.com I'll be in touch shortly...Thanks, Eric.

• Un
              unhappycstmr Aug 04, 2013

We have the same problem. We bought a sofa and love seat four years ago and all the bonded leather is peeling off. It started in the seat cushions, but now the arm rests and back rests are breaking and peeling off as well. It's all over the house and looks terrible. We stopped by Bob's with one of the cushions and they acknowledged the problem but said there was nothing they could do for us since we did not purchase the goof proof plan. We are very disappointed with the quality and would not recommend it to anyone. I tried to upload a picture and got a 404 error and all my text was wiped out. The way Bob advertises with quality furniture, he should be ashamed.

Bobs Furniture — product / delivery scam

Still waiting for my delivery...After taking numerous days of UNPAID work, Bobs Furniture store and their...

Bobs Furniturepoor quality, bad customer service

Purchased a dresser and picked it up myself. Upon unwrappping I saw a chunk broken off of the back. Called store right away and was told to call first thing the next morning and speak with customer service and they would have someone pick it up and and replace it. I was satisfied with that until I called the next day and they said that wasn't true and I would have to return it myself.Ii replied that I no longer could pick it up and that I was told thay would help me because it was their fault it was broken . After over an hour on the phone I had to pay 60 dollars for delivery because they were not willing to help me. HORRIBLE customer service! HORRIBLE quality! (particle board) I knew I wasn't getting top of the line but this is ridiculous! Will never shop there again!

Bob's Discount Furniture — waiting forever for my couch

They pride themselves on customer service, been waiting over 7 weeks for my furniture, they finally have it...

Bobs Discount Furniture - Seabrookdamaged and missing

Complete bedroom set ordered which included, king mattress, box spring and frame, 1mens bureau, 1 womens dresser, 2 night stands and 2 lamps. The mattress was missing, the box spring had damaged corners before taking it off the truck, both dresser and bureau were severly damaged and not the right ones again prior to taking it off the truck, 2 lamps were missing and only 1 night stand arrived with scratches to the top. Receipt of purchase was in hand at time of delivery, delivery at this point was refused. Visited the store and got a complete refund with hassle. Not worth doing future business with them.

Bob's Discount Furnituredelivery and service

I was suppose to get a delivery on 3/6/2012 at 7am. At 7:30 got a call that delivery will come around 3pm. At 4:30 still not furniture. Was told it was last delivery of the day. I went from being 2nd to being last. At 8pm, still no furniture. Was told it was cancelled off truck at 5:30 pm. Went to store, spoke to manager, they arranged for deliver on 3/8/2012. At 7am truck arrives with half of my order missing! You have got to be kidding me right!!! refused and now want my $3200 back!!!

Bob's Discount Furniture — mattress

Mattress no longer has 4 square corners. The foam appears to have shrunk at the corners making it nearly...

Bob's Discount Furniturelarceny

First they delivered the wrong items...then they were damaged...on the second delivery, the 3 delivery men stole over $5, 000 worth of gold out of a dresser drawer! most horrible choice of people to have represent your company. They didn't speak a lick of English...I left them alone for 1 minute and they robbed me blind!!! Bob's executives "sorry, but we are not responsible" not a care was given!

Bob Cares Feb 23, 2012

We take these types of reports very seriously. Would you please contact me at [protected]@mybobs.com. I will ensure this information is brought to the attention of the appropriate members of management...Thanks, Eric

Joel Duffman Aug 02, 2012

Yea, Bob's is awful... What were you thinking?

My Bobs Discount Furniturebed broke within a month

Dear fellow consumers,

After a long hunt for a bedroom set, my husband and i decided to go with bobs. We purchased the Jamestown set, because it looked the most sturdy of all the other sets (also the most expensive). I received my set at the end of Dec 2011. On Jan 18th, the slates going across the bed that holds up the mattress broke. The wood slates snapped down the middle. I called customer service (worst service ever) and was told that a service team will come on the 25th, a week later!!! Seriously, I don't understand how bobs is still in business. We had our bed for a month and the platform of the furniture broke. This is the quality of bobs, I would highly advise you not to buy from Bobs!!! You get what you pay for.

Highly annoyed, very pissed off consumer

bed broke within a month

Bob's Discount Furniturecustomer service

Don't waist your time and money making a purchase at the new Bob's Discount Furniture store in Hyattsville, MD. i attempted to purchase a TV console on 12/14/11. Since it wasn't in stock, I had to wait 2 weeks. I received a VM to pick it up within 3 days or it would be sent back to the warehouse. I thought WOW what a message . I went to the store to pick it up only to find out all the parts were not there. I complained to the manager about the rude message and the missing parts they agreed to have the item delivered in a week. I received another VM that it would be delivered but the time was cut off from the message. I called the store and was told between 1:30 and 4:30. i told them great because I had a morning appointment and they said no problem. Of course when I returned home at 1:00 yep another VM, they came at 11:30. After calling the store to complain about this mix-up, they said someone gave me the wrong delivery time. The earliest they could deliver now would be Wednesday. I had been inconvenienced enough and asked for a full refund. I've heard enough excuses about customer service training and gave them enough time to get it right. Go to a company that truly cares about the customer's experience.

• Rp
                          rpm12 Feb 01, 2011

First it took 2 and 1/2 hours to check out for a small chair. The computer keep going down. Second, they just called me with an automated call and stated that because of the storm that they would have to reschedule my delivery. That was fine, but I waited on hold for 25 minutes and them when the girl picked up she put me on hold agian for another 5 minutes. This chair is for an 80 year old woman moving into an assisted living faciltiy. They could not schedule the delivery until 3 days past the original date. This is past the move in date and this is the major piece of furniture in the room. Now I asked for a Supervisor and the girl put me on hold for another 10 minutes and them told me her supervisor was busy and could not talk to me. She also stated that if i wanted an earlier delivery that I would have to call the store. When I called the store I recieved another automated answering machine which took me right back to customer service and not the store. I accepted a Saturday delivery. I went to the web site and there is no place to lodge a compliant. Never shop there again! The saving are not worth it! I will pay more at Jordon's and get great service.

• Ro
                          rob1173 Apr 22, 2011

Ordered a living room set & tables from Bob's furniture in February. It is now April 22nd and still no furniture. My wife had to take off of work, only to be told that the tables were damaged. This after the week prior, they never even bothered showing up or letting us know that they wouldn't show. And if you talk to their "customer service", they are totally clueless and offer no help whatsoever. Never again.

Bob's Discount Furniture — bait and switch

The wife wanted a new bed frame, and had to have a sleigh bed, looked around and found one in bob'...

Bob's Discount Furnituredelivery/ back order

I don't think delivery men really tried to get furniture in apartment. I also don't understand why When I asked the same day for them to try to deliver again that I'm too same item back-ordered and i have to wait a month for it to be delivered again. horrible! I Ordered mercury sectional from Bobs Discount Furniture. Delivery was approx 2 weeks from date of purchase. They attempted to deliver today and stated they couldn't get it to fit. It didn't seem like they tried too hard to get it in. The other delivery guys were rushing to go while one delivery guy was trying to explain why it couldn't fit. They were asked if the light fixture were removed would it help, he said no. These guys also told my boyfriend that they didn't want to damage walls because it would come out of their check. This is understandable however i see now there was def enough room to get it in the area that they claimed it couldn't fit. I ended up having to cancel order. These guys didn't show us it couldn't fit just told us it couldn't fit after they put it back on truck. after measuring I thought it should fit. I called customer service and was told I was connected to delivery/ driver department. The rep stated delivery men usually right when can't fit. Which of course ran through my mind, thinking they should know what they are doing. Later I realized each part is standard size of sofa and sofas have been in the apartment before. I measured every possible way and have come to conclusion it can possibly fit. And to make things easier I can take door off and light fixture off. Delivery man did not take the feet off which I assume can come off and would help. Bottom line I don't feel like they tried. I called to see if it could be delivered again. Called today (1/10) which is the same day they "tried". And I was told the next date possible is 2/7, because it's on back order! One month from now. I asked what happened to the furniture they tried to deliver today. Rep stated she doesn't know. This is ridiculous. Why do I have to wait an additional month when I called sane day as delivery. How can it now be on back order when the same items are in your truck. You couldn't have possibly moved people up in waiting list by giving away my stuff and now putting me on the bottom of the list. Makes no sense.

bobsdf Jan 11, 2012

I am sorry we were not able to deliver. Please contact us at [protected]@mybobs.com. Include a reference to this review along with your account information so that we may work out a resolution. Thank you, Laura

Bobs Discount Furnitiredelivery / back order

I dont think delivery men really tried to get furniture in apartment. I also don't understand why When I asked the same day for them to try to deliver again that I'm too same item backordered and i have to wait a month for it to be delivered again. horrible! I Ordered mercury sectional from Bobs Discount Furniture. Delivery was approx 2 weeks from date of purchase. They attempted to deliver today and stated they couldn't get it to fit. It didn't seem like they tried too hard to get it in. The other delivery guys were rushing to go while one delivery guy was trying to explain why it couldn't fit. They were asked if the light fixture were removed would it help, he said no. These guys also told my boyfriend that they didnt want to damage walls because it would come out of their check. This is understandable however i see now there was def enough room to get it in the area that they claimed it couldnt fit. I ended up having to cancel order. These guys didnt show us it couldnt fit just told us it couldnt fit after they put it back on truck. after measuring I thought it should fit. I called customer service and was told I was connected to delivery/ driver department. The rep stated delivery men usually right when can't fit. Which of course ran through my mind, thinking they should know what they are doing. Later I realized each part is standard size of sofa and sofas have been in the apartment before. I measured every possible way and have come to conclusion it can possibly fit. And to make things easier I can take door off and light fixture off. Delivery man did not take the feet off which I assume can come off and would help. Bottom line I don't feel like they tried. I called to see if it could be delivered again. Called today (1/10) which is the same day they "tried". And I was told the next date possible is 2/7, because it's on back order! One month from now. I asked what happened to the furnitire they tried to deliver today. Rep stated she doesn't know. This is ridiculous. Why do I have to wait an additional month when I called sane day as delivery. How can it now be on back order when the same items are in your truck. You couldn't have possibly moved people up in waiting list by giving away my stuff and now putting me on the bottom of the list. Makes no sense.

Bobs Furnitureterrible product

Hi I purchase a kids bedroom set about 6 months ago, I climbed on the bed to hang curtains on my son's bedroom one of the rails broke. I am not a big person I only weight 110 pounds, so I called the customer service number and they said they coudn't help me because we have tried to fix it . so I tried to buy the rail on my own and they said I have to buy both rails, my advice to all of you is DO NOT buy anything from bobs furniture because the quality of the product is very bad. My sister purchase a boys bedroom set also and the draws on the bottom of the bed came off. Yes the price of Bob furniture is very cheap but so is the quality. So save some money and buy somewhere else because in the long run you are going to spend a lot more . Very disappointed with Bobs furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture — customer service

Bobs Discount Furniture advertises that "We care about your complete satisfaction". I purchased a wardrobe...

Bob's Discount Furniturepoor quality

I bought a leather sofa from Bob's a little less than 2 years for $600. It was of such a poor quality that it has started chipping off from everywhere. I had not bought the protection plan from them since i was not expecting it to go bad so soon but they refused to help me in any way.

• Valerie Jun 30, 2008

I remember looking for a new recliner at Bob's Discount Furniture and I am so glad I never bought anything from there after all the horror stories I have read and other stories I have heard in person.

I think a couple of things are important to keep in mind when shopping for new furniture. If it's a sofa or a chair, feel the material. If the material feels thin, it's going to wear down a lot quicker and probably get torn. If you are looking at a new recliner, test out the mechanism. If it feels flimsy, move onto another store.

I think there is another truth to keep in mind about furniture. It's been my observation that with furniture, you usually get what you pay for. That being said, if you come across a deal that seems too good to be true, it probably is. If the store is selling furniture for a disgustingly cheap price, question it because unless it's a special holiday discount sale, the quality will probably be a lot cheaper.

• So
                                  so... Aug 20, 2008

so, you never purchased there before?

and you've never experienced making a purchase there?

so.. this review was a waste of time ?

thanks for the non-expertise.

Bob Cares Dec 15, 2011

Hi Sunilv,
                                  We're sorry to hear about your experience with our merchandise. We would love to look into this issue for you. Please contact me with your order information at [protected]@mybobs.com so that we may access your account. Thanks, Eric

• Pa
                                  Paazid Mar 21, 2016

Do not buy any furniture from this company. Discount means poor quality and they do not stand behind this poor quality. They also have the worst customer service. Customer Service is an oxymoron to Bob's. The recliner I bought sagged in the middle due to loose strings. The adjustment arm does not work and they refused to repair or replace this furniture. They said it was not a manufacturing defect. Caveat emptor to all who are thinking about buying from them. You are better off paying more for quality.