BMW X1 2.0D xdriverecurring problems

A

Hi

Could u perhaps assist me or point me in the right direction please ?

I bought a "new Bmw X1 2.0D x drive", from
Autobahn in Edenvale and took official delivery and registration in January 2011, but experienced problems from day one, the dealer have been helpful to try and resolve but head office is basically less helpful, up to this point in time (June 2012) the car needed more than R50 000 worth of warranty repairs and have been back to the workshops on no lees than 12 occasions, i have completed mid 40 000 km, due to this frequent and seemingly unsolved problems with the X1
I want to return this vehicle to Bmw SA for a replacement or would prefer them to assist me financially towards the purchase of a X3 ( I am currently driving a loan car being a X3 and this vehicle/group could lay claim to their slogan of pure joy)(but the X1 I own is really just pure frustration, not to mention the inconvenience caused every time when the car need to be returned to "try" something different) as my trust and patience have run out on the X1.

But head office just tell u they are only obliged to fix/repair under warranty and nothing more. Even though it is quiet obvious this(X1) car is unreliable//real dud in the crop.

Their customer relations is also very vague, and have created expectations of better feedback, but mostly they ignore portions of e mails when they perhaps do reply.

I Really would like to be relieved from this problem car (currently back again with them for "fault finding") yet my request for financial assistance to trade to another car have been turned down without any explanation why the don't see their way open to help me apart from the "standard terms as per their motor plan".

Would be grateful if u know how to get the messages to them that I am not happy with a "premium" product yet had been back for fairly major "repairs" on no less than 12 occasions in the 17 months since I have bought it "new".

Proposed solution:

Solution description I would like to buy a new car (x3) as my trust in the X1 range have irrevocably crushed, and would appreciate some financial support from head office, seeing that this would be a disgruntled sale at this stage of ownership. and definitely put me in a very unenviable position being "forced" to get rid of this vehicle at this stage with quiet serious financial complications. (Trade in values @ various Bmw dealers is as low a R260 000 versus the R420 000 I paid in January 2011)

Thank you for your time up to this point.
Andre Gouws

• Ka
    Karen Lister Sep 11, 2012

I have a bmwx1sports 2011 model, after a few rainy days the vehicle somehow got water in the engine and the entire engine had to be replaced! I have contacted head office for their input and eagerly await their reply.This according to many should never have happened - I am questioning if it is a problem with the vehicle.