Better Homes And Gardens Logo

Better Homes And Gardens

Having problems with Better Homes And Gardens?

Better Homes And Gardens Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 374 4244 (Customer Service)
+1 515 284 3000 (Meredith Corporation)
1716 Locust St.
Des Moines, Iowa
United States - 50309-3038

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Better Homes And Gardens Customer Service. Initial Better Homes And Gardens complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Better Homes And Gardens above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Better Homes And Gardens. Discuss the issues you have had with Better Homes And Gardens and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Better Homes and Gardenslounge chairs

I have enjoyed reading your magazine throughout most of my adult life. I equate the Better Homes and Garden brand with quality; ideas and products that help improve the quality of my home and life.
I purchased a pair of lounge chairs from Big Lots in Tampa, Florida. I don’t normally shop at this retailer but when I saw your name attached to the chairs; this gave me a sense of assurance so I went ahead with the purchase.
The chairs did not last longer than 3 months before they began unraveling and the cushions faded as well. These chairs were kept outside since they are designed for outside usage – either by a pool or outdoor patio and the latter in my case. I spent over $200 dollars on the two chairs-cushions were included and for them to fall apart is really disappointing. The chairs were for my two daughters and I think they may have sat on them no more than half a dozen times so they were disappointed as well.
I am not sure if your company was the manufacture of these chairs or if your company just allowed the manufacture to use your “good name” –licensing agreement, perhaps?
My reason for writing is to inform you of this situation, which I feel you, should know. And to state, in my opinion, that incidents like this cheapen the Better Homes and Gardens’ reputation. Hopefully in the future you will carefully consider putting your name on products unless you are 100% assured of their quality.

Respectfully,

Ann Kelly
4704 W Fair Oaks Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
[protected]@gmail.com

I

lounge chairs

Better Homes and Gardensmy shower curtain from wal-mart and I am so glad someone inspected mine I bought.

My shower curtain was not inspected and I suffer from really bad OCD and it was made upside down. It is the one with seashells..lobsters and fish. Fish only look like that when they are dead. I am in Sturgeon Bay WI at my new camper and if I could have brought it back to Wal-Mart I would have I picked it up at the DePere WI store...but bought 2 months ago or so and open it up hang it and the next time I went into my bathroom I was shocked. I sure hope someone is inspecting better after this complaint. The rugs that came with it are awesome. Thank you to the person that has to deal with reading complaints. Dorothy Leurquin.

Better Homes and Gardensking size sheets model number bh16-[protected]

Purchased this 4 piece sheet set from Walmart for 54.88. I washed them and put them on the bed. After the second night we slept on them, the top sheet tore near the bottom during the night. I tried to exchange them and Walmart will not let me because i tuck the top sheet under the matress. The assoicate said it was my fault they riped. I have always tucked my sheets and blankets under the matress. Extremely disappointed with the quality and that I am out the money for these sheets.

Better Homes and Gardens — queen size sheets item number [protected]

I recently purchased these sheets and the first night we slept on them, my husband drooled on the pillow and...

Better Homes and Gardens — sheet sets

My husband purchased two sets of Queen sized, 300 thread count wrinkle free (ha, that's a laugh because I...

Better Homes and Gardensoffset umbrella

I purchased a Better Homes and Gardens offset umbrella from Walgrens which was delivered 8/28/2015. While setting it up we discovered the pole was bent the wrong way, forward rather than backward, causing it to be too low to the ground. This was apparently a manufacturing defect. I am 5'6" and could not walk under it. I called customer service and spoke to a representative named Daniel and sent him e-mail pictures of the umbrella. He said they would send a replacement pole. 9/30/2015 I called Daniel again as I had not received the pole. He said there was a delay but the pole would ship in 2 days. 10/30/2015 still no pole. I called and got a different chap as Daniel was not at work. This chap said they were on back order. Called 11/9/2015 and spoke to Daniel. He said I should return it to Walgrens. Why didn't he tell me that 2 1/2 months ago? I relied on the Better Homes and Gardens instructions and customer service representative Daniel. How am I suppose to return an item with no box? And by the way...summer is over.

Better Homes and Gardenscover picture

I have never before seen a picture of a person on the cover of the magazine, most likely because it is a magazine about homes and gardens! I was quite upset when my recent magazine had the ugly mug of Michelle Obama. I will be canceling my subscription immediately. It is not the place of a home and garden magazine to push any political agendas.

• So
              SouthernGirl59 Sep 19, 2011

If it had been Laura Bush . . . . would it have bothered you? To cancel your subscription over a photo of the very beautiful and very intelligent Michelle Obama is just plain stupid! They probably put her on the cover because she has a vegetable garden at the White House and she is our first lady. If you don't like who they put on the cover . . . start your own magazine.

• VetoForBRs Jul 28, 2011

Maybe they put Michelle Obama on the cover to... sell magazines and make money. Because in the end, that's all that anything is really about.

• Lo
              lovie2000 Jul 28, 2011

Is the cover actually pushing politics or is it actually showing you that Michelle Obama gardens too...I think the fact that she gardens and does things to decorate her home is very relevant...

Maybe you just don't like the Obama's... and better yet, you posted this mess to get the reaction you are getting and going to get...

This woman being on the cover of Home and Gardens is no reason to cancel a full subscription... of a magazine... that plasters many different photos on it... but you are gonna cancel supposedly because of politics...

Politics my ##%^%$$ its because its Michelle Obama

• VetoForBRs Jul 28, 2011

Agreed. Political agendas are everywhere these days.

Better Homes and Gardenssubscription

After a week of searching for the BB&G phone number, finally found it at this site. Called BB&G to correct errors with my subscription and extend my subscription. The customer service rep stated that their computers would be down for the rest of the week (called on a Tuesday) and asked me to call back a week later. He could see that my subscription was not correct but could not fix it. He also stated that BB&G had not tried to hide their phone number from subscribers which is a patently false statement.

Andrew and Zahne Oct 08, 2012

This is for Better Homes and Gardens.
                This is about your Barbecue Competition on last weeks show.
                Congatulations to all the winners but there were NO WINNERS from either Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
                I am sorry but this just STINKS AND IS UNFAIR!!!????
                Australia is made up of eight states and territories and these twenty(20) barbecues, should've been shared out between ALL the states and territories equally, not just to Eastern/Southern States and Territory.
                So when you do have free phone-in/sms competitions, these prizes should be allocated in lots of eight so at least every state and territory has a chance to win a prize.
                Why don't you talk to your sponsors about this, they'll probably tend agree that this should be the case, it will be a lot fairer for everybody in this country, who do watch Better Homes and Gardens.
                My fiance' enters your competitions all the time and when we watch your program, there are hardly any winners from Western Australia, why is that... we're Australian too.
                So this is to you Better Homes and Gardens, make it fair to all states and territories...

• Da
                dandb Jul 21, 2011

Received the same thing.

• Ej
                ejp Oct 04, 2010

I received a renewal notice the first of Sept., and immediately paid it for subscription through Nov. 2011. The first of October, I received what appeared to be a billing statement for a year subscription. It clearly says "BILL - IMPORTANT: Amount due is payable on receipt. PAY THIS AMOUNT $12.00". I made no commitment that would warrant a bill being sent; had in fact already paid. This is obviously a scam, disguising a further renewal as a bill that is owed. It is an unscrupulous practice, and I will be cancelling my current subscription.

Margaret Ring Nov 13, 2008

I have not received issues for the months of October and November. My subscription should run through May, 2009.

Thanks

Better Homes and Gardens — did not receive magazine

There was a special on Better Homes and Garden magazine which I ordered through Publishers Clearing House. It...

Better Homes and Gardens — never received nor ordered subscriptions

I received no subscriptions from Better Homes and Gardens, for some reason they keep sending a bill to me I...

Better Homes and Gardens — not receiving subscription and cookbook

On 3/24/2008 I mailed a check to add three years to my subscription, which was not to expire until november...

Greenback

Better Homes & Gardens — Poor customer service

Below is a copy of my correspondence with Better Homes & Gardens. I bought a back issue of one of their...