Complaints & Reviews

offset umbrella

I purchased a Better Homes and Gardens offset umbrella from Walgrens which was delivered 8/28/2015. While setting it up we discovered the pole was bent the wrong way, forward rather than backward, causing it to be too low to the ground. This was apparently a manufacturing defect. I am 5'6" and could not walk under it. I called customer service and spoke to a representative named Daniel and sent him e-mail pictures of the umbrella. He said they would send a replacement pole. 9/30/2015 I called Daniel again as I had not received the pole. He said there was a delay but the pole would ship in 2 days. 10/30/2015 still no pole. I called and got a different chap as Daniel was not at work. This chap said they were on back order. Called 11/9/2015 and spoke to Daniel. He said I should return it to Walgrens. Why didn't he tell me that 2 1/2 months ago? I relied on the Better Homes and Gardens instructions and customer service representative Daniel. How am I suppose to return an item with no box? And by the way...summer is over.

Better Homes and Gardens

cover picture

I have never before seen a picture of a person on the cover of the magazine, most likely because it is a magazine about homes and gardens! I was quite upset when my recent magazine had the ugly mug of Michelle Obama. I will be canceling my subscription immediately. It is not the place of a home and garden magazine to push any political agendas.

• VetoForBRs Jul 28, 2011

Agreed. Political agendas are everywhere these days.

• Lo
    lovie2000 Jul 28, 2011

Is the cover actually pushing politics or is it actually showing you that Michelle Obama gardens too...I think the fact that she gardens and does things to decorate her home is very relevant...

Maybe you just don't like the Obama's... and better yet, you posted this mess to get the reaction you are getting and going to get...

This woman being on the cover of Home and Gardens is no reason to cancel a full subscription... of a magazine... that plasters many different photos on it... but you are gonna cancel supposedly because of politics...

Politics my ##%^%$$ its because its Michelle Obama

• VetoForBRs Jul 28, 2011

Maybe they put Michelle Obama on the cover to... sell magazines and make money. Because in the end, that's all that anything is really about.

• So
    SouthernGirl59 Sep 19, 2011

If it had been Laura Bush . . . . would it have bothered you? To cancel your subscription over a photo of the very beautiful and very intelligent Michelle Obama is just plain stupid! They probably put her on the cover because she has a vegetable garden at the White House and she is our first lady. If you don't like who they put on the cover . . . start your own magazine.

subscription

After a week of searching for the BB&G phone number, finally found it at this site. Called BB&G to correct errors with my subscription and extend my subscription. The customer service rep stated that their computers would be down for the rest of the week (called on a Tuesday) and asked me to call back a week later. He could see that my subscription was not correct but could not fix it. He also stated that BB&G had not tried to hide their phone number from subscribers which is a patently false statement.

Margaret Ring Nov 13, 2008

I have not received issues for the months of October and November. My subscription should run through May, 2009.

Thanks

• Ej
    ejp Oct 04, 2010

I received a renewal notice the first of Sept., and immediately paid it for subscription through Nov. 2011. The first of October, I received what appeared to be a billing statement for a year subscription. It clearly says "BILL - IMPORTANT: Amount due is payable on receipt. PAY THIS AMOUNT $12.00". I made no commitment that would warrant a bill being sent; had in fact already paid. This is obviously a scam, disguising a further renewal as a bill that is owed. It is an unscrupulous practice, and I will be cancelling my current subscription.

• Da
    dandb Jul 21, 2011

Received the same thing.

Andrew and Zahne Oct 08, 2012

This is for Better Homes and Gardens.
    This is about your Barbecue Competition on last weeks show.
    Congatulations to all the winners but there were NO WINNERS from either Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
    I am sorry but this just STINKS AND IS UNFAIR!!!????
    Australia is made up of eight states and territories and these twenty(20) barbecues, should've been shared out between ALL the states and territories equally, not just to Eastern/Southern States and Territory.
    So when you do have free phone-in/sms competitions, these prizes should be allocated in lots of eight so at least every state and territory has a chance to win a prize.
    Why don't you talk to your sponsors about this, they'll probably tend agree that this should be the case, it will be a lot fairer for everybody in this country, who do watch Better Homes and Gardens.
    My fiance' enters your competitions all the time and when we watch your program, there are hardly any winners from Western Australia, why is that... we're Australian too.
    So this is to you Better Homes and Gardens, make it fair to all states and territories...

did not receive magazine

There was a special on Better Homes and Garden magazine which I ordered through Publishers Clearing House. It...

never received nor ordered subscriptions

I received no subscriptions from Better Homes and Gardens, for some reason they keep sending a bill to me I...

not receiving subscription and cookbook

On 3/24/2008 I mailed a check to add three years to my subscription, which was not to expire until november...

Poor customer service

Below is a copy of my correspondence with Better Homes & Gardens. I bought a back issue of one of their...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices