The San Diego Union-Tribune Logo

The San Diego Union-Tribune

Having problems with The San Diego Union-Tribune?

The San Diego Union-Tribune Customer Service Contacts

+1 619 299 3131 (Main Office)
+1 619 299 4141 (Digital subscription)
+1 619 293 1211 (Newsroom)
+1 619 299 2121 (Classified advertising)
+1 619 293 1112 (Display advertising)
600 B Street, Suite 1201
Thu8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The San Diego Union-Tribune Customer Service. Initial The San Diego Union-Tribune complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The San Diego Union-Tribune above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The San Diego Union-Tribune. Discuss the issues you have had with The San Diego Union-Tribune and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

The San Diego Union-Tribunenewspaper

Today marks the third time in about a month that i have not received my Sunday paper. I don't want the Sunday paper on Monday. I had my account credited 2 times today I asked for it to be brought to me late. I still have not received my paper. This is ridiculous. Very poor service and no one to speak with on the phone. If I am not going to be getting my paper on Sunday I would like a FULL refund.

The San Diego Union-Tribuneunion tribune won't stop delivering newspaper - I have no account with them

I've called UT threes times and spoke to 3 different call handlers (including a supervisor manager) to plead with them to stop delivering news papers on my driveway. They ask for my phone number and address to look me up and exclaim "i'm so sorry sir, we cannot find your account in our records." I then respond "that's the PROBLEM, I have no account, have not ever had an account nor do I want UT newspapers, set they erroneously keep getting delivered to by address in the drive way". I even have the vehicle and driver identified with my security cameras. They won't stop delivering newspapers, probably belonging to someone else in the neighborhood who is NOT getting theirs.

Any ideas on how to get this delivery stopped???

union tribune won't stop delivering newspaper - I have no account with them
    union tribune won't stop delivering newspaper - I have no account with them

• Updated by Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee · Dec 23, 2019

The San Diego Union-Tribune — union tribune won't stop delivering newspaper - I have no account with them

The unwanted delivery nuisance continues...UT Newspaper Customer Support SUCKS!!

UT Customer Support:
        I am still receiving unwanted Sunday UT newspaper deliveries...WHY?
        STOP delivering ALL unwanted UT newspapers to my address NOW, I am NOT a subscriber!!!

If the delivery driver can't follow instructions...then FIRE that person and hire someone who can follow instructions!!!

That includes...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday deliveries.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 04:52:56 PM PST, wrote:

Dear

Thank you for contacting the San Diego Union Tribune.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We understand that this issue has been more than an inconvenience for you but please be assured that we will exert all our efforts to get this resolved as soon as possible. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to the distributor who services the area to stop delivery immediately.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

If you require further assistance, please call our customer service center at [protected] or simply respond to this email.

Julie Anne Gonzales

Sent: 2019-12-10T16:39:34Z
        Cc:
        Subject: Re: STOP delivering Newspapers I did NOT order -IhavenoUTsubscription account. [REF:[protected]]

EXTERNAL SOURCE

First of all "Dear Valued Customer" as a generic greeting does NOT apply to me. I am NOT a customer. I have NO subscription with UT what-so-ever, in fact, every time I call your "customer support" number to complain about unwanted UT paper deliveries piling up at my address, the person at UT can't find my phone number nor address in your system...why...?

BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE A FRICKIN ACCOUNT WITH UNION TRIBUNE, I NEVER ORDERED ANY NEWS PAPERS...DO YOU GET IT!?!

Secondly, " Would you be willing to provide us your best contact number and the most convenient time we can call you?", why in heck do I need someone from UT to call me...for what?

Instead, a better use of UT time, someone from UT needs to call and escalate to the distribution dispatch manager or whoever, and tell them to STOP DELIVERING NEWS PAPERS TO MY ADDRESS...LIKE...NOW, TODAY...RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT!!!...IS THIS GETTING THROUGH TO YOU!?!

If UT is unable to effectively manage their distribution delivery drivers, my recommendation is to immediately FIRE the current driver and hire someone who can follow instructions.

Can you explain to me... if I am receiving unwanted newspapers that I have NOT subscribed nor paid for, and I'm probably not the only person in San Diego experiencing this, how's delivering free unwanted UT papers that pisses off customers an effective business model for your company? Is this how UT expects to grow their business in flouring in a declining newspaper market?

The local police have already been contacted about my complaint.
        Next, I take legal action through the court system...get ready!

STOP delivering unwanted UT newspapers to my address NOW, I am NOT a subscriber!!!

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 08:02:01 AM PST, wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the San Diego Union Tribune.

We are truly sorry to hear that you continue to experience the delivery issue. An urgent escalation has already been sent to the distributors servicing your area to treat this matter with high urgency and prioritize resolution of the issue. Would you be willing to provide us your best contact number and the most convenient time we can call you?

If you require further assistance please call our customer service center at [protected] or simply respond to this email.

Francine Dumagcao

Sent: 2019-12-09T17:53:27Z
        Cc:
        Subject: Re: STOP delivering Newspapers I did NOT order - IhavenoUTsubscription account. [REF:[protected]]

EXTERNAL SOURCE

...and yet another unwanted UT paper was delivered on Sunday 12/08/19.
        The Oceanside police have been contacted.
        Next, a court restraining order will be filed to stop this littering nuisance.

STOP delivering unwanted UT newspapers to my address, I am NOT a subscriber!!!

On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 07:15:08 AM PST, [email protected] wrote:

Dear

Thank you for contacting the San Diego Union Tribune.

We apologize for the inconvenienced this has caused you. We have sent a follow up notification to our management to have this addressed soonest possible.

If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at [protected] or simply respond to this email.

Charie Lee Vinzon
        San Diego Union Tribune Advocacy Group

Sent: 2019-11-30T18:14:50Z
        Cc:
        Subject: Re: STOP delivering Newspapers I did NOT order - I havenoUTsubscription account. [REF:[protected]]

Hi,
        ...and yet another UT paper was delivered on Saturday 11/30/19 and littered my driveway.
        STOP delivery of these unwanted papers NOW!!!...TODAY!!!

On Monday 12/02/19 I will file a complaint with my local police department.

On Saturday, November 30, 2019, 04:30:24 AM PST, wrote:

Dear Valued Sender,

Thank you for contacting the San Diego Union Tribune.

We appreciate the information that you have provided.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are sorry to hear that you want to discontinue delivery of the newspaper. We respect your decision.

We have sent an escalation to the distributor who services the area to stop delivery. Please allow us 2 weeks to accomplish it.

Julie Anne Gonzales

Sent: 2019-11-29T17:08:37Z
        To: [email protected]serv.com
        Cc:
        Subject: Re: STOP delivering Newspapers I did NOT order - I have noUTsubscription account. [REF:[protected]]

Hi,
        Please make these un-welcomed UT deliveries STOP NOW!!!
        I recommend firing the delivery driver if you have to.

• Delivery address (including zip code):
        • Color of the plastic bag: clear
        • Day paper is being delivered: every Sunday for the past 4 weeks during November. as well as yesterday and today (11.28.19 and 11.29.19) - see today's surveillance photo below of two (2) more paper deliveries.

On Friday, November 29, 2019, 07:56:33 AM PST, [email protected] wrote:

Dear Valued Sender,

Thank you for contacting the San Diego Union Tribune.

We are truly sorry to hear that you continue receiving the paper. We understand how frustrating this has been for you.

To assist you further, please provide us with the following information for us to sent an urgent notification to the delivery contractor and delivery manager to stop delivery immediately:

• Delivery address (including zip code)
        • Color of the plastic bag
        • Day paper is being delivered

Marilyn Kalang-ad

Sent: 2019-11-28T17:57:31Z
        To:
        Cc:
        Subject: STOP delivering Newspapers I did NOT order - I have no UTsubscription account. [REF:[protected]]

UT,
        I submitted this online complaint because your driver will NOT stop delivery newspapers and littering my driveway even after three phone calls to your customer service department pleading to STOP. Hopefully someone at UT will get the message and make delivery STOP!!!

Next time this occurs, I file a complaint with my local police department for littering private property!

The San Diego Union-Tribune - Union Tribune won't stop delivering newspaper - i have no account with them

The San Diego Union-Tribune - Union Tribune won't stop delivering newspa...

• Updated by Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee · Nov 28, 2019

I've called UT three times and spoke to 3 different call handlers (including a supervisor manager) to plead with them to stop delivering news papers on my driveway. They ask for my phone number and address to look me up and then exclaim "I'm so sorry sir, we cannot find your account in our records." I then respond "...and that's the PROBLEM, I have no account with UT, have not ever had an account nor do I want UT newspapers, yet they erroneously keep getting delivered to by address in the drive way". I even have the vehicle and driver identified with my security cameras. UT won't stop delivering newspapers - littering my driveway, probably belonging to someone else in the neighborhood who is NOT getting theirs.

Any ideas on how to get this incorrect delivery stopped???

The San Diego Union-Tribuneno newspaper

i ordered a vacation stop
      it was supposed to end several days ago
      i have not received a newspaper for several days after it was supposed to resume
      when can i expect delivery to resume?
      i do not want to be charged for the weeks it was not delivered
      please resume delivery tomorrow

what is the problem?
      what more info do you require?
      b j adelson
      830 glorietta
      coronado

Jul 18, 2019

The San Diego Union-Tribune — price of subscription

My subscription was ending in July and I received a renewal bill for $533.40. Was speaking to a friend 5...

The San Diego Union-Tribunedaily delivery

More days than not, my newspaper is not delivered. I've asked that it be thrown into the underground garage to be sure it is not being stolen, but no - that doesn't happen.
        Today there was a newspaper, but for the neighbor down the street (address printed
        on wrapper).

It has become a daily frustration to make a service call every morning...

I will cancel the paper next month if this issue is not resolved

Feb 12, 2019

The San Diego Union-Tribune — billing

In December I did not receive the paper 3 days in a row, i called and was told you were going to credit my...

The San Diego Union-Tribune — newspaper delivered during vacation hold

Since it seems that there is only one avenue to secure a vacation hold with this newspaper, which is through...

The San Diego Union-Tribune — paper delivery

we are not getting our papers! The only alternative is to quit taking the paper. If you can't get it here on...

San Diego Union Tribune — morning delivery and delivery issues

I have been a UT subscriber for over 30 years and I am more than a little angry with your Company...your...

The San Diego Union-Tribune — billing statement

I received a billing statement around the end of July, notifying me of my future payment -- 13 weeks, 26...

San Diego Union Tribune — Newspaper delivery/account

I have been receiving the San Diego Union Tribune newspaper for 53 + years until today no paper, I called and...

Coronado

Jeff Light - The San Diego Union-Tribune — Arrested in California child-trafficking sting

Jeff Light - The San Diego Union-Tribune arrested In California Child-Trafficking Sting . 474 people have...

San Diego Union Tribune — Unwanted free delivery

July 22, 2014 TO: Enlace Publications Called Enlace Publications, [protected] on May31, 2014 at...

San Diego Union Tribune — Renewing subscription without notice

A sad state of affairs for The Union Tribune in San Diego. The Union Tribune is the only large newspaper in...