Best Buy CanadaWarranty fraud

C Feb 23, 2020

My wife has finally made her last purchase from Best Buy. She bought a laptop computer for University, she paid for the "expertise" of the Geek Squad or what I like to call "rip off squad" most of these ###s can't even program a remote let alone your electronic equipment, they can't do anymore than you can, they just use BS intimidation hoping that you will dole out the additional $150 for set up and $280 for warranty. DON'T buy it READ the fine print, they WILL NOT do anything to help you. So anyways my wife bought a cell phone from best buy and yet again she PAID for WARRANTY, $240 on top of the cell phone purchase, now again I say READ THE FINE PRINT, in their extended warranty of cellular phones it states they will pretty much NOT cover anything that goes wrong with your phone. Now my wife purchased her cellular from best buy and is with a major provider, when she call them they couldn't believe what Best buy had done, the provider had a better warranty for far less and took my wifes old cellular and gave her a refurbished one and we haven't even bought their warranty, they were just happy to help.

jodwat Oct 08, 2013

I placed an online order for a piece of luggage advertised in the Best Buy Canada flyer for the period of September 13-19. The luggage was advertised in their new online only product section Viva at the price of $69.99 which included free shipping on orders over $50.00. I had received a coupon credit of $15.00 upon joining their Viva site and had it applied against my purchase.
    The luggage arrived and it was not the correct luggage that I had ordered. I took pictures of what I received and contacted them immediately and was provided with a return label to send it back to Best Buy. I could not take it back to the store since this was on online only available item. They took a new order over the phone for the correct piece of luggage that I had ordered and charged my card for the full price including shipping. Once again I called them to advise that I should be paying the same price as the original order and finally got that settled with a refund to my credit card.
    Since the original piece was returned to Best Buy and signed for on September 27th, I have been trying to get the refund of $63.22 that was paid by PayPal towards the original order and have been getting different responses. The first advised on October 2nd that the money would be refunded to my PayPal within 48 hours and then I wrote again this week to be advised it would take 10 days! Why should I have to wait 10 days when they received the returned wrong luggage on September 27th, 2017?
    I have advised them that I would be reporting their organization for fraudulent business practices.
    If you require any of the documents please let me know and I will provide immediately.
    Thank you.