Bell Canadaterrible service all around

E

I think their website should be hell.ca. There are so many examples of poor technical service, poor customer service and money grabbing behaviour from this company.

We have regular dial up service as we live in the country. They provide a dial up accelerator, supposedly to speed up the process of downloading. Well... That's when it works. It cuts in and out causing your connection to hang. Just great when you're in the middle of banking.

We had a problem connecting to our mail server and I was directed to someone overseas who couldn't speak english, his phone head set wasn't working and it sounded like a party going on in the background. Obviously no technical knowledge whatsoever. He advised me to buy a new computer. I told him it was one of their sympatico mail settings that had somehow been altered on my computer and needed to know which one to change. (I'm a computer programmer). He kept insisting it was my computer and to go buy a new one. I eventually figured out the setting by myself. Awful awful awful!

Last year, it took us 10 months to get them to disconnect an unused second phone outlet. Everytime I called they said it would be taken care of and every month it wasn't. Finally, I went to the top and had it taken care of... But only 4 months credit against a 10 month bill. Crooks.

Our satellite provide, (The bill is in my name), will not let me change our programming because my husband signed for the connection. Supposedly he was given a code 8 years ago, that he's supposed to remember in order to get my listed so I can change the programming myself. I bet if I stopped paying the bill, that would get their attention. They're charging us for another receiver, even though it's not hooked up. They don't seem to know how to remove it from the billing!

I'm investigating how to get rid of all of their awful service in my home. I don't even care if it costs me more in the long run, I just can't stand being associated with such a terrible company.

Eileen doran

• Je
    Jennylou Mar 10, 2011

The Bell Canada website is indeed HELL.ca...I need to allocate at least 30-45 minutes to do a simple number change for one of my fab fives on my cell service. It is SLOW beyond words, antique in design, and could be way easier to use with less navigation between pages, which take eons to load. You would think with all the money they are raking in, they could hire a decent web designer. Often I give up while trying to do satellite programme changes and need to steel myself at my computer with a good book if I really need to do anything on that site...ARRRGGGHHH