Avisinsurance fraud, hail damage

S

I returned your Nissan rental car, on July 1st 2010, in perfect condition with a full tank of gas and I verified full levels of oil and critical fluids. I properly returned your cars keys and completed your exiting paper work with your agent that same day. Then to my astonishment, 9 days later, I received a phone call not from you but from a third party representative named Emmale Koyle, from Purco Fleet Services, telling me there is $1, 200 worth of "HAIL" damage that all of a sudden appeared on your Nissan rental vehicle. I can't help in finding these claims to be highly suspicious and deceitful.

If this "HAIL" incident is TRULY my responsibility I will honor fixing that vehicle, but first there are troubling concerns about your motives, methods, perceptions and Budgets policies. I expect any prudent and reasonable persons or business, with integrity, to answer these legitimate concerns before I pay this bill:

1- Why was this alleged damage not reported on my exiting paperwork when I checked out that day?

2- Why did you or a representative from Budget not immediately call me about this incident? Why did you or a representative from Budget not call me at all? (All calls confirmed by cell phone records). Why have you not responded to my emails?

3- Why are you using a third party to act as a non-eyewitness and liaison to this event when you were the one who initiated these proceedings? Why do you, a professional representative of Budget, deny conversation of help and direction?

4- Why do you withhold the name of the person or persons who "inspected" this vehicle? Therefore, what questionable qualifications and experiences are you hiding for these vehicle "inspectors"?

5- If this incident is truly my fault, why was I not allowed an opportunity to fix it?

6- In our initial phone conversation, July 12th, 2010, you mentioned there had been HAIL storms in South Dakota for the past 6 weeks. If this is true, Budget must have a fleet of "HAIL" damaged vehicles sitting at the Rapid City Airport car rental, non-covered, parking lot. Doesn't Budget carry vehicle insurance for these unforeseen circumstances or does Budget still assign arbitrary damage claims to innocent customers?

7- How many car rental contracts, of the Nissan in question, were issued after my exiting paper work to the vehicle repair shop?

8- Why has it taken 10 days, after my request on July 11th, for Purco Fleet Services to fabricate these damage and documentation papers?

• Ki
    King1970 Sep 09, 2010

THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEIR INSURANCE (CDW)...BUT SINCE YO DID NOT THEN LET YOUR INSURANCE TAKE CARE OF IT...IM SURE THAT THE COMPANY OFFERD YOU TO BUY INSURANCE AND YOU REPPLIED THAT YOU ARE FULLY COVERD AND YOU HAVE GOOD INSURANCE !!!

• Dv
    dvictormurphy Sep 09, 2011

For piece of mind I say take the coverage and avoid deductibles, loss of use costs and liability issues. Your insurance will tell you that you don't need it, but don't tell you that it will cost you your deductible and could raise your premiums.. They also don't tell you that they do not cover loss of use..

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices