Avis Car Rental — overcharge and misrepresentation
Prior to my recent trip to Italy, I contacted and booked most of my trip on Expedia. As far as a car rental was concerned I asked Expedia what it would cost, approx, for a car rental for two weeks. They sent me an example of a econ. car at $34.00 per day. I reserved a car over the phone. When I arrived in Rome, Italy I took the reserved car at a total price of $750.00 for that time period. During the process of filing out the contract, I asked the woman who helped me, "is this price that you are quoting me in dollars or euros. I asked that question three different times at different stages in the contract. Each time she answered me she confirmed that the contract was in American dollars and not Euros. I rented the car and had a wonderful time driving all over Italy. It was beautiful. Returned the car, signed a hand held computer and it said that I would be charged on my credit card 704.50. I looked at my wife and said, "they charged us less because we returned the car one day early. Off I went to the airport. Several weeks later I got my credit card statement. It said that I charged 1143.50 at Avis. I went crazy. I have been lied to and overcharged by $450.00. What do I have to do to get my money back?
More Avis Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Car Rental - outrageous debit on car scratch
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - avis frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses!
- Avis Rent A Car - over charge
- Avis Budget Car Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/misrepresentation
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - shuttle pick up at laguardia airport nyc
- Avis Rent A Car - lost and found / complaints process
- Avis Car Rental - overcharging credit card