ATT / poor customer service

1 United States

I called att in january around the 16th and told the csr danello that I was calling because my promo deal was ending in february and wanted to know what my options were. I also pointed out the the phone bill for a land line (it was 14.76) was not being used and I wanted it cancelled. I told the rep that I had not had a land line in 6 months and I was paying for a service I did not use. I didnt even look at the february bill I just paid it. Thats my fault. I picked up the march bill which is now even higher. My phone bill is now $42.02- I called today and spoke to annie in customer service who says there is no indication in the notes that I cancelled the phone line. I speak to her supervisor - same answer. They transfer me to the loyalty department and tell me that they can refund. I speak to louis in loyalty department who says the same - no notes saying I cancelled. I said somebody check the recorded call and see that I did request the cancellation. He said he cant do that. I speak to his supervisor - alex_ who says I can give you a 25.00 credit. I said that is nice but not fair. I cancelled this service. Why is the customer the bad guy when your employee does not do his job and use notes or follow through??? I am very unhappy with att today. My husband worked for att for 30 years and this is just wrong and not good business. I will eat the feb phone bill - for 24.08- thats my fault for not reading the bill. But really, I want the $42.02 refunded on the march bill. Please. I also have wireless thru att. I have been a customer for 40 years. Surely, something can be done to help me.

Vi