AT&TFees to restore directv

M Jan 04, 2021

I have been a Direct TV customer for approximately 25 years. AT&T took them over a few years ago. My husband handled the bills until last Spring when he became ill. The AT&T bills were paperless and sent to his email account. That account no longer exists. I requested paper invoices numerous times to no avail. I would just pay around the same amount each month. Last month (December 16) my Direct TV was shut off for lack of payment. When I called they said we were $69 in arrears!!! Our monthly charges are approximately $180 per month. I could not believe they shut it off for $69, one third of a monthly payment, a long term customer, in the middle of a pandemic!! I explained that I did not receive the bill since it is being sent to an old email address. I paid the bill on the phone, requested paper invoices again, updated the email to mine and service was restored.

Last week, December 31, I received the current bill which included a $15 restoration fee and $9.99 one day service (?). When I called to ask to please remove the fees, I was denied. I kept pressing and after being on the phone for 52 minutes I was finally given a $17 credit. I told them if they did not remove the charges, I would change providers but they did not care. They are willing to lose a long time customer who has always paid on time for $7.99!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none were available but one would call me back within the hour; today is 4 days later and no call. They have the absolute worse customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I was happy with Direct TV and didn't want to go through the trouble of switching providers but it's a matter of principle.