Complaints & Reviews

Aspen Dental - Stow, OHavoid this place at all costs!

3515 hudson dr., stow ohio

This company has absolutely no ethics. They were going to charge me $700 over what they would have charged my insurance for dental work on me and my two daughters. The problem is that is a breach of contract with the insurance company. They are not allowed to charge over the agreed upon price in their contract.

Secondly, the work they were going to do on my children - each supposedly had cavities that needed filled - did not need done. I took them to another dentist and neither of them had any cavities. Aspen dental was going to shoot my children full of drugs, drill into their teeth and put fillings in them when there is nothing wrong with them. Avoid this place at all costs!!!

• Di
      Disgruntled Near-Patient Jul 24, 2008

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH T.JOHNS - GO ELSE WHERE
      I wish I had read this before I wasted 2 hours there. I called & told them I would like to schedule a new patient cleaning & xrays. They called 3 times to confirm my appt- should have been a red flag. Finally appt day...Well, only after getting my xrays and WAITING by myself for an hour in a chair was I told that 1st appts are only evaluations & xrays. Cleanings are the next appt. I was NEVER told this when I SPECIFICALLY called to schedule a cleaning & xrays-even wrote that on my forms when I arrived for my appt as to why I was there. I paid for & took copies of my xrays to take to a REAL DENTIST.

• Ps
      P*ssed Off Sep 09, 2008

Agree with the above. My wife went in today for mouth pain and came out being told she needs 11, 000 in work!!! She is 40 years old with no real oral problems, she is being told that all her cavities need crowns and caps and she will need a partial plate, etc. Mind you she is not 80 but 40 and in good health. I called my insurance comapny and even they were suprised. We are getting a second opinion tomrrow, will update with results.. Amazing they would put $$ above patient safety!

• Ta
      TaraLee1980 Mar 22, 2010

Whatever you do..do not go to this scam of a dentist. I went there for a routine cleaning and was told that I had periodontial diease. They explained to me that I needed rooting and scaling on all 4 quad, irrigation on all teeth, and antibiotics injected into 'pockets'. After they scared me enough they pulled me back into a room to go over costs. I was told it was going to be $2225 for everything, my insurance would cover $800 and I had to come up with $1425. Like a fool I gave them $1000 on my credit card and went in that afternoon for half of the procedure. After a few days of discussing with people what I had done, what it cost, and them telling me I was out of my mind, I decided to call my insurance company. They informed me that the entire necessary procedure was only $50 per quad and everything else was an extra procedure. I then requested an itemized bill (which I had never seen before) and realized I had paid $139 for toothbrush, $30 for toothpaste, $20 for mouthwash, and $174 a pocket for anitbiotics that I was never informed that were recommened or even optional procedures or products. I called 3 other dentist offices and 2 of them said they didnt even offer the arestin (antibiotic) and the other informed me that he recommends it to patients only if it is severe which I clearly was not. When I tried to dispute, 4 phone calls to managers later, she finaly did give me back the cost of the tooth brush if I would schedule the 2nd half of my appointment. I told her there is no way I was going back to such an unethical establishment. Bottom line, I was treated like I was at used car dealership when I put my trust in a health care professional. Please at all costs do not deal with these crooks.

sassafraa Mar 27, 2010

I have the worst dentures ever made by Apsen Dentures on Hudson drive in stow. they have hurt my gums all the time and the material they are made from I seem too be allergic too. They didi not tell me how much they would cost, they charged me a outright Price of $1, 800. I am 73 and had no insurance I paid for them out of my saveings account and I cant get my money back or can I stand too wear them.I am a widow 12 yrs. now.Now I have too wear my old ones from 1982. They still are comfotable made at Darrow rd in Stow except loose now.

Aspen Dental — the worst place you can go to get dental services

They made me a lower denture, that I woke up with after having my teeth removed on the 20th of September. The...

Aspen Dental — poor work!

My daughter just has two fillings (which we had to pay extra for- we did not want the black filling - they...

Aspen Dental Hamden CT — fraud / customer cheating!

For those thinking about this office... read this first. This company is only interested in the bottom line...

Aspen Dental — unsatisfactory work

My mother went to aspen dental in orange Connecticut, she went in they gave her a price of 1200.00 and they...

Aspen Dentalinsurance fraud

I went to AspenDental, Woburn, MA for my routine cleaning for the first time on March 16, 2006. $47.80 was charged to my credit card for exam and x-rays and a treatment plan was laid out without any further discussion. I either walked away with what had paid and without teeth being cleaned or go along with their plan.

I didn't want to waste the $47.80 payment so I went the second time for teeth cleaning. On the first visit I told them I had two dental insurances, Cigna and Delta so patient's portion should be much less. They pretended they acknowledged that however they demanded the full payment and told me I'd get reimbursed once they received payments form both insurance companies.

Over half year treatments, I kept on paying the fees and never received a penny for reimbursement so I stopped going and started calling. It's been more than a year, with numerous phone calls and hours of waiting and conversion I got a bill for $132.40 instead. This morning I called again they said they made a mistake and would take a look later when they had a chance.

The total treatment charged by AspenDental was $471, insurance allowed amount was $341.60. I don't know what Cign , my primary dental insurance company had paid. However what I had paid, $167, and Delta, my secondary dental insurance had paid $311.60 had exceeded the insurance total allowed amount $341.60. In other words, AspenDental committed insurance fraud. Other than post the info here I am to write a complain letter to my DA office, and will cc AspenDental, Cigna and Dental.

• Lo
        Lou Alex Dec 16, 2007

Went to have old dentures replaced with new set. Upper set was fitted well but the lower set forget about it. I went back and forth for over three months and at the last visit the Dentist said that they don't have control over the technicians that make up the dentures. Poor excuse for not being able to get a good fitting dentures. I have been wearing dentures for 45 years and this place was like going to a fast food place. The dentist tried to talk me not getting inserts into my lower jaw but I declined. I am still waiting for a refund on my lower set because they would not take another impression. I think they should be investigated.

• Ka
        Kathy Jun 03, 2008

I feel that Iwas scammed by aspen dental. They signed me up with a health card and charged over $2, 000.00 on this card on my first visit. Has been over 6 months and I still do not have dentures. I was their at aspen dental over 4 weeks ago and the dentures I tryed on did not fit my mouth. Aspen dental had taken three impression of my mouth and these dentures I tryed on were way off did not fit my mouth. I need my money back. I am still paying for these dentures through this credit card they had set up to get their money at one lump sum on my first visit.

• Ad
        Adolphus Aug 17, 2010

I went to have work done on my mouth, and had some tooth s removed. they inserted me with immediate denture. and I have to wait 6 months. now they want to charge me $900.00 more.

• Lo
        Lorraine Whiate Nov 29, 2011

My previous dentures were a good fit; however they were about 20 years old and 2 teeth had broken off and I was tired of super gluing them back in. So, I went to aspen Dental. The new teeth cause me to bite my inner mouth flesh, don't lineup top and bottom and suction is not as good as my previous dentures. I also had to wait an hour for them to bring in my new dentures the day I was to pick them up. It would have been longer if I had not gone back out to the receptionist and complained. The doctor had to leave a patient to come address my issues. I would think twice about going back to Aspen.

• Ka
        Kathy Seitz Jul 02, 2013

Called Aspen Dental for my daughter-in-law today. She provided them with my insurance card. She called 3 times to see where the claim was because she kept receiving a bill from them, and they said they submitted the claim to her Insurance, 3 times. She finally paid out of pocket to get them off her back. I called my insurance company today and was told that a payment was made to Aspen Dental on Nov 30, 2012. I called and spoke with Will the (Extremely RUDE and UNKNOWLEDGEABLE office manager). He stated that they had never submitted the claim to her insurance, but would submit today. (later in the conversation he stated maybe they did sumbit something but he wasn't there at the time, and they go through a lot of staff so its hard to follow up) I can see why people don't stay there with rude, arrogant people like WIll. I asked him to call her insurance company, because they stated that they had sent Aspen Dental a check back in November 30th. His comment is "We don't call insurance companies. It's not our job!!!" WHAT???? This looks like Insurance Fraud to me. Just confirmed that they were paid and check was cashed by Aspen. Getting paid by and Insurance company and then harassing the client to pay and now they have full payment from both (double dipping, which is not legal). Next step complaint to Insurance Commissioner to report FRAUD.

• Fo
        focusdutch Jul 19, 2013

I agree completely. Good complaint

Aspen Dental - Orange, CT — consumer beware!

I went to Aspen Dental looking for an extra set of upper dentures. The main reason why I went there. The...