AmerigasUnwanted delivery

P

Sadly, I too have a big complaint with Amerigas. After buying propane for 25 years, I decided to change my furnace to electric. This saved me a lot of money and already paid for the furnace. I notified Amergas in November that I needed to be off the automatic delivery list. My only propane appliance now is the kitchen stove and that is only used a few times per week. Two days ago (this is March) I found they had filled my tank again although it was already half-full and would not need propane for at least 8-12 months. I called the company only to get someone who knew nothing but would have someone call me back. There was no call back. I'll have to call them again. $419 dollar charge for 125 gallons gas that I did not need. I'm pissed.

• Jw
    jw523868 Aug 04, 2013

I just recently paid my bill with AmeriGas. I was very upset to see that my bill statement that I received did not match the actual amount. I was told on my statement that I had a $500 credit, however when I went to pay my bill, I found out that I only had $15. WOW!!! UNREAL!!! How misleading? How can this be? The receptionist to me that 'there billing statements were not correct" but I feel this is very misleading to me as a customer. A customer that has been with you for a long time. Why did you not tell your customers what was going on? This makes no sense to me and I feel that you do not value your customers. That you mislead them with false information. Why after this incident should I stay using your company and why would I not go with someone different who values their customers?

• Kk
    KKeenen May 16, 2012

I too have a complaint for Ameriga!!! They are a rip off and their customer service is the worst in the industry! We have a propane fireplace and rent a propane tank with Amerigas. Last summer they sent technicians to our home and told us a law had changed and they had to change something on the propane lines to tank. WE told them very clearly at that visit that we did NOT want the tank refilled because it was just for a fireplace which we would not need filled till fall like October. WELL you guessed it...they came and filled the tank and we got a nice $300 bill in the mail! I called and complained to local office and they told me we had to pay it and offered 4 payment plan. I paid one payment over the phone and they told me I would get paperwork or statements in mail to continue payments. Well then Amerigas changed billing systems and I couldn't pay online anymore and I never received the payment paperwork. Now they are calling me again after such a long time and I paid them over phone again! Now they send me paper bill twice the amount due person over phone told me was due. I am going to complain to the better business bureau and head to bank to get print out of all payments made to Amerigas. We will contact them to remove their tank from our property and tell everyone we know to steer clear of this company. They have done nothing but argue with me over the phone, harass us with collection calls and the whole problem was they delivered propane when we the customer asked them not to in the first place!!!

• Fr
    [email protected] Mar 25, 2011

Hi, this is Fran from AmeriGas. I’m sorry to read that you are having issues with service and delivery. We’d like to assist and help you as soon as possible – please email me at [email protected] with your account details so we can look into your situation. Thanks, Fran