Just Energy Group Logo

Just Energy Group

Having problems with Just Energy Group?

1855 445 6869 (Customer Service)
+1 866 587 8674 (Customer Service)
5251 Westheimer Rd Ste 1000
Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Just Energy Group.

Complaints & Reviews

Just Energy GroupAwful customer service

My home is pending sale and I requested an extension for my payment of TWO days. I had to speak to a manager who finally authorized the extra two days. My daughter came home from school today to an extremely hot house where my pets have been all day. MY POWER WAS DISCONNECTED. After spending 20 minutes talking to different people and finally getting the approval. Now I am on hold again, and have spoke to several women who I believe are in India, and none of them know what's going on. It is ridiculous.

Just Energy GroupFree nights plan

I changed from the rate shield elite plan to a nights free plan. The EFL states the 2000 kwh will be @ 14.2cents, it's being charged at 20.4cents. With a note at the bottom: "Please note that your Energy charge has changed by .013063/kwh." On my bill it's a $147.00 difference. No notice, no reason just a small note on my bill.
    Very dissatisfied with this issue. Now let's see what excuse I'm given.

Free nights plan
    Free nights plan

Just Energy GroupEnergy

I am no longer with Just energy because I was lie to. I was on a prepaid service with this company now they claim I was under a contract.so no I am not paying $400.00 dollars for a contract that I never had. I should have made better research for this company, I really hate the idea off charging some for a contract they never had. on top of everything the lady at ambit told me that they have never had pre paid service lies.

Just Energy GroupResidential power

**FRAUD ALERT** Due to lax and negligent business practices, Just Energy has allowed a residential energy account I be fraudulently opened in my name. Despite my best efforts to seek a resolution to this matter and have the account closed, Just Energy refuses to communicate with me regarding this matter. At all costs, avoid doing business with this company.

I have filed complaints with the Houston Police Department, the Federal Trade Commission, the Public Utilities Commission of Texas, and the Better Business Bureau. I am incurring ongoing financial damages due to Just Energy's delay in addressing this matter. As such, I have referred this matter to an attorney in order to pursue this as a civil matter and seek compensation for ongoing damages.

I do not recommend that any person do business with this company. Due to irresponsible and negligent business practices, you may find yourself in a bad situation with no semblance of resolution. What's worse, despite my repeated efforts to resolve the matter directly with Just Energy, no member of their staff has contacted me directly in over a month or attempted communications.

• Le
            Leo Garza Aug 19, 2020

Approx. 1 1/2 years ago. Just energy is nothing but a fraud company. They promised my light bill
            Would be reduced from $320 to under $200 a month and my first month bill was over $1100. Yes eleven hundred dollars. I immediately switched companies and NO I'm not going to pay them one penny of it.
            stay away from this company.

Dec 12, 2018

Just Energy Group — Someone coming to my door??

I had a man come to my door at about 6:30pm had a name tag in a lanyard worh Just Energy logo. He claimed to...

Edmonton (1270)

Aug 21, 2018

Just Energy Group — Horrendous experience!

The company exhibits a continuing pattern of horrendous customer service. On May 15th, 2018, I contacted the...

Just EnergyBilling

Sales person came to my door and explained to me would get a better deal with a fixed rate I absolutely bought it and signed up. I was told that I would only see a couple of dollars difference on my gas bill which was a lie. So I immediately went on line started reviewing my last 12 and noticed I have been getting charged more than what I expected! This company is full of [censor]!!! I have cancelled my account with them but was told would take 1-2 billing cycles!!!

Just EnergyReason you will not save money versus consumers

Sales person nice... Makes you feel like you're going to get a better deal with a fixed rate😬 I absolutely bought it and signed up.

But I wanted to know exactly how much was I going to save and what the difference was in cost... So immediately I started diving into my last 12 months bills! Please do this - you're going to get ripped off...

Contract that they signed me up for was of straight 4.99 per mcf used. Sales pitch is why is this going to help you while because consumer energy's rates change every month her supply demand what not... But my question is how much so here we go!

11-2016.1.7 mcf consumer energy rate 2.95

11 2017 1.7 mcf consumer energy right $2.96
            Just energy $4.99 loss of $3.46

12 2017 6.7 mcf. Sumer energy rates $3.03
            Just energy $4.99 loss of $13.09

Total rip off for the year $139.27 however there is a clause that I don't have in front of me that if you go over a certain mcf your rate change to double for that month.. So definitely ask if you have unlimited allowances for gas under the $4.99 or if there's a and add up your mcf usuages for the year!

Ok so apparently the company just energy gives out credits of points every three months that you can go online and get by form of if certificates or some online store or something

It ends up being about $25 every three months.. So you get $100 back in form of gift certificates that you can go on their site and redeem basically.

🤷‍♀️just energy... When you sign people up for your service you need to go through their mcf usuage and what they're being charge for the last year through company there with before making them believe that they're saving something with you!

The only benefit that I see from going through your company is if our gas market crashes and skyrockets which has not happened in the last 12 months I didn't go farther back than that but i'm willing to bet for the last three years consumer energy has never been about $4.99 for a month 😬

Tough sell

Just Energy — Just energy green tier 5 plan - gas

Hi, Two of the representative came at my doorstep and as I was not at Home (as they came during weekday...

Just EnergyMisleading promises

Me being on a very fixed income, I looking for ways to save. When they came to my door, I explained to the person as well as the lady on the phone that I cannot afford my bill to go up not one bit...well it did. I called PG & E to let them know that I will be canceling the "just energy service" and please note it so just in case "je" tries to bill me extra. Well they did. I am now very behind on my electric payments. I'm so worried that my electric will be turned off cuz two of us use cpap machines.

Just Energy — Billing

I cancelled my account in march of 2015. I requested that i not pay for my last month since i was not living...

Lethbridge

Just Energy — Electric

We have Nipsco, and for months our bill has been sky high and we had no idea why, we don't use much energy a...

Just EnergyCommercial accounts customer service representative

We came over to you months ago with many accounts. Christopher Curry was extremely persistence in reaching out to us in regards to our inquiries on switching from Texpo to you.

However, after the switch whenever there is a question it would take him over a week and sometimes he does not even respond to our emails.

I have an email I would like to attached to this complaint.
                You will see that Christopher Curry was reached out to on Monday and today is the end of the day Wednesday with no response. Our question is simply general and nothing hard.

We are planning to switch all of the accounts if this continues.
                Mimi Pham
                Real Property Management Preferred
                Accounts: 6899534, 6866709, 6876565, 6879983, 6894249, 6894250 and many more accounts we still have with you.

[protected]

Just Energy — Gas services for heat

I have been calling to cancel my service. Their prices are twice that of my local provider. I ended up with a...

Just Energy — Gas and hydro rebate they called my 89 year old mother and tried to gain access to her house and bills

Rahul from Just Energy called my Mom and tried to get her to allow access to the house, furnace room (to...

Pickering

Just EnergyNatural gas

They make it sound like they work lower income neighborhood because the are getting grants to bring cheaper energy to depressed areas when in fact they are more expensive. Last bill Consumers was At $3 per unit, Just Energy was $7. I called and complained and they said they would lower/lock the rate to $4.32. The bill I got yesterday now says $9.2. WTF!

Just Energy — Service

Don't use Just Energy!!! I have been a customer of Just Energy for approx. 2 years. They still can't get our...

Just Energy — Billing

When wife signed up for service we told them we wanted to do averaging of the bill...That was 6 months ago!!!...

Sachse

Just Energy — Miss representation

beware of the scheme the agents of just energy company they came to your door asking for your bill and they...

Hamilton

Just Energy — Worst job ever

Started working for Just Energy about a month ago and was very intrigued about the job and the success they...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices