Complaints & Reviews

They are a complete rip-off!!!

I pay for coverage every month and yet asurion sent me a letter that if my sons phone breaks they will no longer replace it... Yet I still have to pay every month. I would not suggest using asurion for your iphone insurance, go with apple care or something else. They are a complete ripe-off!!!

assurance program

Phone started to crash with no physical damage.

Called Verizon, to get a replacement phone.
I have done this 12 ties at least since i have been a customer for 25 years with multiple line.

Got transferred to Asurian and after speaking to multiple drones reading a script was told that the final step was to do a factory reset and wait to see if the issue happens again.
This is not support this is like fishing with dynamite.
Horrible service.

• Asurion's response · Jan 15, 2020

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience.

fraudulent action by customer service person "natasha" with claim

Submitted a claim for replacement and paid $149.00 12/26/19 - luckily the "chat" with "Natasha" was saved. Nothing ever came so we called Asurion to find out what had happened. Now speaking to Kathy on 12/31/19 and she states there is NO PREVIOUS INFORMATION REGARDING MY CLAIM. Meanwhile we had to file a second claim and charged $199.00 this time! Funny... they took my money - twice - and we have the chat AND the charges on my card! After a rather long conversation she stated we had to contact credit card company to take care of this! They would not credit my card! They would not take care of THEIR ERROR!!! Asurion obviously has a horrific problem with security of their claims site! What is even more astounding is that the transaction/charge on my credit card for both payments is EXACTLY THE SAME! EXACTLY!!! Now would you not think this a serious problem if you are Asurion????? Inside fraud????

BE AWARE!!!

• Asurion's response · Jan 02, 2020

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and want you to know Asurion’s commitment to improve process and procedures to create a positive customer experience. Please contact our customer satisfaction department at 1-866-397-6496 to discuss your concerns.

Asurion

charged me for covered loss

I called in a damaged phone for replacement. I paid the 250. or so required. We were moving so between the time I called in and the time I got the envelope to return the old phone, I lost the old phone. I don't know where it went - whether someone stole it as we were moving or whether it was put into a box we didn't see. I have called to explain to Asurion and was they would make a note of it, I would not be charged the fee for not returning the phone because loss is also covered and I already paid the fee for the replacement phone. Then, I found the charge on my Sprint bill. I called Sprint to complain and after many callsa nd hours they told me only Asurion could recall the fee, but that they would give me a 'payment plan' that would extend the charge for 2 weeks while I got Asurion to remove it. I called Asurion again and was transferred multiple times, hung up on multiple times, usually when I asked for a Supervisor. One person just kept me on hold so long thinking I would hang up. But I didn't and they were very surprised when I didn't and came back on the phone. Then transferred me to a supervisor and then I was again disconnected. This time I had waited on the phone over an hour. Clearly this is a bait and switch and I will be taking this to small claims court to have it reimbursed plus fees.

Thomas McLoughlin
1314 S Riverside Dr. Edgewater. FL 32132

December 17, 2019
Assurion,

Dear Sir or Madame,

I am writing to you to inform you of how dissatisfied I am with your claims review.

I purchased an a Assurion protection plan for a used iPhone that I bought my son. The phone fell off the top of the car and the front screen shattered. When I called to process the claim I sent them photos of the phone. They reviewed the claim and said that the damages were too extensive. They said that the claim would not be honored. I am not sure what type of accident they would have covered. I have the impression that no accident would fit under your protection plan which you market so craftily on the Amazon website.

I have bought multiple Assurion protection plans and have never made a previous claim. I spend thousands on Amazon every single year. I cannot tell you how dissatisfied I am with your insurance plan.

I am writing to you to inform you. Perhaps you can correct the situation where I feel I was unjustifiably denied my claim. I look forward to your response.

[protected]@gmail.com

• Asurion's response · Dec 17, 2019

failure to refund

NO REFUND this email was sent to me 11/14/2019

This is a confirmation.
Your cracked screen repair is cancelled.
Claim ID [protected]

Valued Customer,

We'll refund the previously charged deductible to your original method of payment. Your refund should appear in your account within a week.

To resume or change your claim, please visit us online or call [protected].

The Asurion Team

• Asurion's response · Dec 05, 2019

• Updated by KLaBarr · Dec 06, 2019

Ive already called but no help. I will call my bank to dispute it and have already filed with BBB

cell phone insurance service

We have spent 3 hours on the phone over the last 2 days trying to arrange for a covered cell phone battery repair. Our policy cleary states that this covered.
We have spoken to multiple representatives. There is poor record keeping when passed from one representative to another. We have repeatedly corrected their incorrect information. We are now benig passed to another department.
We have still not resolved this.

• Asurion's response · Dec 02, 2019

cracked screen

Made appointment called to see if there was any cancellations to try to move my scheduled repair appointment . Rep accidentally cancels my appointment. Tells me and there's nothing I can do . I ask for a supervised she leaves me on hold 130 minutes . The start a new claim am expect me to wait the extra week when it was there mistake . No customer service . They suck. Horrible .. how is it possible they create the problem and they expect me to wait when it was there fault to begin with .. I never asked for a new claim . I already pains the 29.99 .. this company is the worst . Can't even imagine how they think it's ok to treat customers the way they do ..

• Asurion's response · Nov 27, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and want you to know Asurion’s commitment to improve process and procedures to create a positive customer experience. Please contact our Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-866-397-6496 to discuss your concerns.

locked iphone 8 replacement phone with verizon wireless service

I have had Verizon Wireless service for 18 years and I paid for Asurion insurance on our mobile phones. I...

my iphone 7plus through sprint

I took my iPhone 7 Plus in to be diagnosed and was told it was unrepairable.After paying the $225 deductible and giving you the correct address, you sent my new phone to our old address.You immediately took out the money but have made my life miserable trying to get you to correct the mistake that you made. Now I supposedly will get my phone Monday but I want some sort of compensation.

• Asurion's response · Nov 18, 2019

cell phone insurance

Filed a claim for a damaged phone, received new phone, sent old phone back. Old phone is on route back to the company, meanwhile they've suspended my device three days in a row, claiming my device is "lost or stolen". In other words, they're calling me a thief! All because I sought to REPLACE my DAMAGED phone (which they can have, mind you!) Attached below is the tracking receipt

• Asurion's response · Nov 07, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience.
    I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you We'd like you to know Asurion is committed to improving our process and procedures to create a positive customer experience.

changes in replacement process

Replacement process for an IPhone changed. They now want and affidavit signed and a copy of my I.D. And said it would take 2 days to finish the claim process then they mail replacement phone out. With deductible going up from $150 to $250 and I already pay $40 for the insurance. Not user friendly, process is very slow. I canceled my insurance plan and from here on out save my $40 a month and just buy phones out right when needed and repair phones at repair shops for a much cheaper price. Thanks Asurion for saving me money in the long run by dropping your service!

• Asurion's response · Nov 07, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience. We appreciate your feedback regarding the insurance program and process. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please contact our customer satisfaction department at 1-866-397-6496.

google pixel

I sent my phone for a cracked screen replacement on Oct 21, 2019. Fedex tracking says that the phone was delivered to the location on Oct 22, 2019 at 1022 am. Since then I have called Asurion multiple times and they have misled me on the status of the repair. As I write this today on Oct 31, 2019, the phone has still not left their location. It is extremely disappointing on how they mislead you on service time frame. They also keep changing the date of claim to later dates but I have the fedex proof that the phone was delivered to their location on Oct 22, 2019. ASURION IS MISLEADING CUSTOMERS. HOPEFULLY FTC WILL INVESTIGATE THEM

• Asurion's response · Nov 01, 2019

cricket motorola cruse 5

The week of Oct-19, 2019 I, Robert Boyd Filed a claim on one my lines that had been stolen phone I had from cricket. Phone number [protected]. Asurions replacement device was supposed to be "next day" shipped. It came three days later! Had no battery or a sim card or any charger or headphones, like the insurance claims to replace. I had to pay for a sim card but cricket said they dont have batteries on stock!? Wtf was my insurance for from cricket phone being paid for? Id like either an upgrade for my problems or at least FIX the issue that the clain was supposed to care for in the first place..

• Asurion's response · Oct 23, 2019

reimbursement check

I have been waiting for a reimbursement check from Asurion now for 5 1/2 weeks! Numerous phone calls have been made to Asurion Customer Service, many hours wasted trying to get Asurion to complete my claim.

On 9/6/19, I lost my phone while moving items from my storage unit in San Diego into my truck to take back with me to my home in Idaho. After searching diligently for it, I filed a claim. It was a Friday and I was informed by their rep that my claim had to be reviewed first and they had 24 hours to complete the review and a replacement phone would be sent to me to arrive by Monday morning. But by Sunday evening, they informed me that it had NOT been reviewed yet and the soonest I would have a phone would be Wednesday . I was staying in a hotel, waiting for the phone so I could start my delayed return trip home to Idaho, at the cost of $160 night and, on Sunday evening, their " escalated Customer Care" rep, Melissa, informed me of the option to purchase - at full price - the exact same Galaxy S10e and submit the receipt for reimbursement, less the $225 deductible. So on Sunday evening, I purchased from Sprint store the same phone and headed on my 4 day drive back to Idaho.

On Friday, 9/13/19, bad luck struck again, when my arthritic hands dropped the phone as my boyfriend was backing out the truck, and the phone was run over. I contacted Asurion and explained what had happened and they instructed me to finish the first claim, by submitting the receipt for the 9/7/19 claim, before they could start processing the 2nd claim. So I submitted the receipt electronically and I waited 2 full days before Asurion verified the first claim had been completed and advised me they had 10 business days to get the check to me. Late Sunday, 9/15, Asurion opened the new claim, I paid the deductible, and was told I would have a phone delivered on Tuesday, 9/17. That phone arrived on Wednesday - a day later than promised - after I stayed home all day on Tuesday waiting for it.

Three weeks later, after 15 business days had passed, I tried to access my 1st claim online, but only the 2nd claim came up in my history. When I called and tried to follow-up, I was placed on hold repeatedly before the rep explained that there had been a problem...Turns out, the person who went to process my reimbursement noticed I had 2 claims and saw that Asurion had sent a replacement phone to me and decided it was s duplicate claim - despite different dates of loss and one was for a list phone, the other for a damaged phone- and CANCELLED the reimbursement check. J was told it was being corrected and I would have a check within 10 business days. I also followed up the next day with the CEO's office, and a rep from that office confirmed the claim had been processed properly and my check was on it's way.

Now it's 10/21 and still NO CHECK. I WILL BE FILING A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC AND THW INSURANCE COMMUSSIONER - OR ANY OTHER AGENCY THAT OVERSEES ASURION. THIS IS REDICULOUS.

• Asurion's response · Oct 22, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact Asurion. Please contact our customer satisfaction department at 1-866-397-6496 to further discuss your concerns.

iphone xr replacement

My phone was stolen on late Saturday/early Sunday (10/13/19) so when I filed the claim I knew it would be a few days before I could receive the phone. First of all, my claim was approved for a BLUE XR. My paperwork (online and when I received the device in person) both said iPhone XR BLUE. I got the device on a Tuesday (10/15/19) and it was white. Of course no one can do anything at Asurion so they transfer me to my carrier who tells me that my only choice is to go through insurance. Cool, fine, whatever.

The REAL problem came when I took my phone to the carrier store to activate my sim card/new device and the associate was not able to program my phone BECAUSE IT WAS ALREADY ASSIGNED AND ACTIVE ON SOMEONE ELSE'S NUMBER.

On top of sending me someone else's IMEI number, Asurion explained they can't do anything. THEY DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR THEIR MISTAKE, AND the Asurion rep explained I would have to WAIT MORE DAYS for an envelope to send this device back and once it's received, they will send me out another replacement device. SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK OR SO for a phone. It's upsetting because how can an insurance company send me someone else's IMEI??? And on top of that, I didn't receive an apology, any expedited service, any discount, NOTHING. I paid my $200 deductible and thats all they care about. They don't care if you never receive your phone or if your replacement device is defective. I've been trying to find out who I can complain to because I find that to be HORRIBLE business practices AND customer service.

I shouldn't have to suffer more at the mistake of my insurance company and they should make this process go by much faster since it was their mishap.

• Asurion's response · Oct 16, 2019

iphone 7 32g malfunction within half an year and refuse to send replacement

I got iphone 7 32g from Asurion with one year of warranty. It is dead within half an year. I file a claim...

warranty

I'm having issues with a room air conditioner I purchased in 2017, with extended warranty. I have been trying to get my unit fixed since June and now we are in Sept, its still not fixed. I have been filing claims since June, Asurion sent someone out in August only to say nothing is wrong. I filed another claim, same company came out, he told my daughter it needed a new thermostat. Havent heard from him, tried calling several times, he won't answer. When he finally answered, after telling him my name, he hung up on me. I cant get any help with my situation nobody at asurion is helping me, I have 2 electric bills I cant pay and I am so aggravated and frustrated to have to deal with this since June and still no satisfaction!!!

• Asurion's response · Sep 23, 2019

In reference to your complaint, I would like to offer my apology that your experience with Asurion did not meet your expectations. Someone will contact you within 48 business hours to address your concerns.

• Asurion's response · Sep 23, 2019

multi device coverage

Asurion is the worst company ever. I found out I'm still paying for insurance even though I cannot file any more claims ever again. When I purchased coverage for my phone I was told I could file up to 10 claims a year. When I filed a claim it was denied so I called Asurion. I found out only three phones on my account are covered even though I was told up to ten could be. Not only that, but you are not able to choose which phones are covered. Then I called again and they said I have used all my claims. I told them I've only used one this year. They said I only get three claims, not annually, but in total. So I wonder why I'm still paying for insurance I cannot even ever use again. This is a scam. Take note I was not notified I had used all my claims and they continuously charged me. It's inane. The employees told me something different each time I called so I'm still not even sure what their policy is. It is very unclear.

• Asurion's response · Sep 16, 2019

In reference to your review with the Complaints Board. I would like to offer my apology that your experience with Asurion did not meet your expectations. Please contact our customer satisfaction department at 1-866-397-6496 to discuss your concerns.

planet traveler combination carbon fiber set

I am Kickstarter Backer #1855 July 13, 2015 (Note date 2015); my selected Reward is
Limited Edition Early Bird Promo Pack - Carry-On +Check-In Carbon Fiber Finish. The amount paid is $709.00USD + $70.00USD (which was the cost of shipping items to Canada.)

I have communicated several times with this Company with no Satisfactory Result in the NON-DELIVERY of these 2 items. They have promised and indicated that these items would be forthcoming. However I'm still WAITING after 4 Years.

Why will this Company Not fulfil their obligation to the Backers and YET SELL THE SAME ITEMS ON AMAZON.COM ! Items Sold and Marketed as Planet Traveler USA SC1, Carbon Fiber and Planet Traveler USA Smart Tech Case Hardside 23", These items being provided by 'ASURION, LLC'

If this is NOT FRAUD, then please tell me what it is!