Amazon.caOutright stole my money and they are not giving it back.

S Aug 27, 2020

I ordered a laptop about a month ago and it had a battery leak upon arrival so I contacted amazon and I got a replacement then I was told to sent the original item back and so I tried but no post offices would take it because it has a battery leak on it as it is hazardous material so I once again contacted amazon again and after many many email I received "I'm sorry to know about​ the trouble you had with this issue. I understand how disappointing it could be for you. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.
I am sorry however battery comes under hazardous material hence carrier does not accept return." from the amazon support email which then I asked if I could throw it out which they replied "In this case you can contact with manufacturer. If the item is in warranty he can help you out." so I just didnt do anything after a week or so I got a email saying that I would get charged if I dont send it back, so I contacted amazon with live chat and I told them I couldnt return it and the agent said something along the lines of you wouldnt get charged again and to confirm I even contacted amazon once more after that and was told the samething but the conversation wasnt sent to my email and so I thought it was taken care of. (by this time ive already thrown out the laptop as it was smelling really bad) so today I got charged 1800$ for not sending it back and amazon just decides to say "A careful review of your account reflects that the correct information has already been provided. I do see on July 23rd you were sent an email requesting a return of the laptop without the battery and a photo of the damaged battery. As we did not receive the laptop you have been charged for it Unfortunately, I will be unable to offer additional insight on this matter"