Amazon. CAcomplete incompetence/false advertising

R

Amazon.ca is a terrible company and should be put out of business. I ordered an item on May 2, 2011 and it is now May 28, 2011 and the item has not even shipped yet. Apparently they have had trouble "obtaining" it. They had no problem advertising it as "available" and stating it should be shipped between 3-7 days after I purchased it. They had no problem taking my money without telling me that they had sold me a product they did not even have. When I tried to leave negative feedback about their selling practices their site would not allow me to. Instead everytime I clicked on the feedback option the site kept shuffling me to other feedback options without ever allowing me to leave any. Pathetic. Ratty. Unethical. I can only imagine the kind of people operating like this and being okay with themselves. Pure ###. This company has no liabilty and should be starved out of the market by lack of use. By the way, the item I purchased was the "POST-APOCALYPTIC TRIPLE FEATURE" dvd for $16.99. It is still being advertised by other sellers for $39.96 as available. Do yourself a favour. Don't buy it. Amazon.ca gave me the option of cancelling my order probably in the hopes of jacking up the price when they advertised it again. It's just another way to steal more money from you than they were able to from me.

First and last time customer of ###ed company that has trouble "obtaining" their own items.

• Sc
    Scott Goodman Jun 02, 2017

I am having the exact same problem. I ordered an item, a hitch mounted crane by Maxxhaul, at a good price and with free shipping, only to discover that they won't guarantee delivery any time before August and maybe not until October! I got through to their complaint line but all I got was the equivalent of a shrug and "We'll let you know when we get the product and when it will ship." I have already reported this to Global TV's "Consumer Matters" and am hoping to get them to go after Amazon.ca on the air. In the meantime, I am writing to the Better Business Bureau about it as well.

• In
    Inyo Jan 11, 2017

All screwed by Amazon.ca please email a detailed email (less tha 2500 words) to [email protected] to have it included in a possible class action type lawsuit against Amazon.ca and vendors being allowed to commit fraudulent acts against customers.

It's time that this company be held accountable for its actions and its employees lose their jobs due to not having the morality to do the right thing.
    This is serious and all complaints received by customers being screwed by Amazon.ca by Mar 1, 2017 will he included In lawsuit.

• Ka
    Kallison Jan 18, 2017

@Inyo I agree if we keep allowing amazon.ca to keep misleading and not being held responsible for their fraudulent behaviour they will continue to rip off the consumer. So glad i read your complaint and i will be e-mailing [email protected]

• Lg
    L Gorman Jul 06, 2016

It is now July 2016 This is the third time Amazon.ca advertised an item as being in stock I bought said item and stated it would be shipped to my home by Friday. Guess What .. I go back to said item Bon 84-499 Drywall Cart with 2 Fixed and 2 Swivel Heavy Duty Casters NOT ONLY did Amazon state it was not in stock ... but they changed the price from 157.00 Which I paid to 555.00 and the other was 515.00 ... EVERY time AMAZON miss prices an item .. they then state sorry this item is out of stock. Would you like to wait? Then you wait .. two months later they cancel the order and you go back and their is your item ... in stock at a higher price ... and the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT IS FINE WITH THAT? Yes Yes they are ... Amazon has way to much power just because they pay taxs to our government and they are a employer. Amazon and our government needs to know our laws .. They advertise an item at a price .. we PAY for it ... this is called a contract .. they can not just get around it by stating it was not in stock and cancelling your order ... but they do .. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE WANTING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ... we can win if you have the time

• Rv
    R Vincent May 29, 2011

Just wanted to follow up on a complaint I made a little while ago. I read a bunch of other complaints about Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, the two of them obviously being financial butt bodies sharing the same soiled bed. Most of the complaints were about the same thing: this company stealing from people through misrepresentation, underhanded tactics masquerading as professional incompetence, and fraudulent advertising. It's hard to believe that a company as ### as Amazon.com that ###s people over on a regular basis, as though it's the norm and they're just going through the motions, has not had legal repercussions brought against it for its flagrant unscrupulous actions. Is there not some "Better Business Bureau" or government organization monitoring these ###ing ###?! They are supposed to be a legitimate business. How are they allowed to continue to operate with so many complaints brought against them? Is the part of the government that licenses these ###s truly in on it or are they as supremely obliviously stupidly blind to these unethical marketing tactics as they seem to be? Does Amazon.ca not get audited by a Federal Revenue board of some sort? When a business advertises and takes money for an item it does not actually have that is STEALING. When a business charges people's credit cards for absolutely no reason that is blatant STEALING. It doesn't matter if the money is reimbursed. The criminal act has already been committed. Inventing excuses and trying to stall by saying the product is not in or giving phony customer service numbers is a CRIMINAL ACT. This company should not be in business. Any person with a shred of decency knows that proper laws should uphold and protect the integrity of a business transaction for the individual both as a customer and seller and that if a company such as AMAZON.COM or AMAZON.CA is profiting off of the abuse and misrepresentation of these actions without legal consequence then that part of the GOVERNMENT which licenses them, and can prosecute them if given adequate justification, is complicit in the crime if only by allowing them to continue. Furthermore, monetary restitution in the amount of three times the value of what was taken in the fraudulent sale should be the minimal compensation for those victimized by Amazon.com and supporting parties. Remember, people practicing under the claim of a profession without any liability is not a real profession. LIABILITY is THE integral part of a profession. This goes for businesses, organizations, parties and definitely the government which regulates the ethical nature of their activity through the system of law. It is obvious, then, what needs to be done here. It just remains to be seen if anything will be, thus illustrating whether the government and justice system will be profiting with diplomacy or enforcing the much neglected civil liberties which should have been their first priority.

Obvious business crimes passed off as the norm