Allstate Insurance Logo

Allstate Insurance

Having problems with Allstate Insurance?

Allstate Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2006. The latest review homeowners claim-0624027595 was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint Jeff and Theresa Adkins, home owner was resolved on Aug 04, 2021. Allstate Insurance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 315 reviews. Allstate Insurance has resolved 74 complaints.

Allstate Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 810 2920 (United States)
2775 Sanders Rd
Northbrook, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allstate Insurance Customer Service. Initial Allstate Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Allstate Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Allstate Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Allstate Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Allstate Insurance Complaints & Reviews, Page 14

Allstate Insuance Oak Parkterrible customer service

We had some of our business insurance with Allstate thru the Longsteins in Oak Park. We never had a claim so rarely had to talk to them. Tried to contact Susan Longstein when we needed to make some change. The office girl took my contact information over and over but no return call. Tried Gary Longstein with same results!! When I finally demanded a response and threatened to move our insurance Susan called and was angry with me. I couldn't believe how rudely she treated me. Needless to say, we moved our insurance. Stay away from these agents. They don't know how to treat clients!

Allstate Insurancethey denied my claim because I was being treated by a doctor for my injury

I had accident insurance policy since 2004 with Allstate if i miss 3 full days from work because of injury, i was intitled 1 month benefit. They denied my claim because i was being treated by a doctor for my injury, but i did'nt miss any time from work.I been off work about 8 months now when i really need the money, and they denied my appeal.The main reason for me taking out a policy like this was in case something like this happened.

Allstatelack of costomer help

i "Darrick Jay Benally, " been trying to get my insurance agent to meet with me about my policy and the coverage i have since i've been out of the hospital recenty, so far i haven't had any contact with this particular agent about what could be done about my situation since i was out of work and my financial ends are taking a tole on my family and i. i've loss my hearing and im still working at my job but its really a pain trying to work like this im paying 47.67$ monthy premium, if i dont hear or have any help i mind as well write this letter to a complaint site. i hope i could get the help i need since im paying money to this company

Allstate Insurancevery rude adjuster

I was hit by a driver last week in my brand new car. Shortly after I received a call from Allstate who was the insurer of the guy that drove into me. After answering all his questions truthfully I went to work thinking that everything would be all right. Wrong! My rep from Geico called and told me that Allstate was offering 50% for my damage. Irate I called the adjuster for Allstate. He very curtly told me to take it or leave it. They were not going over 50 %. The damage was $ 1600.00 and I have a $ 500.00 deductible. I don’t know how someone in Hartford can make and arbitrary decision like that with only knowing the basic facts!

• Sh
            Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

Place the claim through Geico and pay your deductible. Ask them to subrogate the claim. They may be able to recover your deductible. This will most likely go to arbitration if the two companies disagree.

Allstate Insurance — gap refund

We sold our 2006 Harley Davidson motorcycle back in March 2011. The GAP coverage was cancelled at that time...

Allstate Auto Insurancepersonal injury

I was hit by a car with Allstate insurance in 2007, while walking my dog. I still have not received my lost wages from 2008. I had to get a lawyer to make sure they paid my doctor bills. I am still recovering and have medical problems. I quit my job because I am still seeking medical treatments and they said I was taking too much time off.

My Allstate reps changed weekly. I don't know if I still have 1. I know there is more insurance available for my claim, but I have not heard anything since last March.

• Me
              meme29 Aug 07, 2011

You can definitely take this case to court. YOu were walking your dog and the car ran you over? Your employer forced you to leave because taking too much time off? You might have two cases here!

Allstate Insuranceover charging

I have been with Allstate for over 20 years, and have made claims and liked their service. However, after I had to go on permenant disability I called my agent to see if I was getting all of the discount that I should be receiving. I was told that I was getting the best price that they had. However, the cost kept going up every six months, and I had a perfect driving record, no tickets and no accidents. I finally got another quote from Travelers Insurance and their price was the 1/2 of Allstate's price. I called my agent and told him that I wanted to cancel my policy and then I was told that since I was going to cancel that now I qualified for a better rate. Their new price was less that Travelers but I refused to stay with Allstate because of the over charging that I have been paying for the last serveral years. My advise is to get a quote from another company and call your agent and cancel your policy to get their best price.

Allstate Insurancedenied coverage after being a customer 10 years

My family and I are buying a house in DE. We currently own in TN and have had two insurance claims in the past five years for damages to the house due to strong winds and tornado weather...this place has been declared a state of emergency for flooding and other tornado weather in the past couple of years. I called for a quote for insurance on the new house and was denied because of the claims. I was floored I have been with allstate for ten years, they insure both cars, the house and the motorcycle and we were denied, we have been model customers, pay on time every month... Well, we switched to Amica and got lower premiums, better customer service and I plan on telling Allstate to F themselves and cancel our service! "your in good hands my a**"

Allstate Insurance — auto accident claim

I was recently rear ended by a guy with Allstate insurance. At the time of the accident he gave me all of hi...

Allstate Insurance Company — refuse to compensate victim, refuse to protect customer

Lasonya parker, kathy turnley, tracey watkins - adjusters David wallace - allstate's legal...

Allstate Insurancesteals $253.49 from my account

I called into the office a week prior to my insurance policy renewal. At that time I informed Leonard that I would like to cancel my policy and cancel the easy pay plan that I was signed up for. At that time he informed he had cancelled my easy pay plan but he would need a new insurance policy to cancel my current insurance. So I informed him I would call right back with that information.

I called back the next day and was directed to JP, I had informed him I would be canceling my policy and will not be renewing. I gave him my new policy number and he told me that would be all taken care of as of the 6th of December, per my policy. So today [protected] I am preparing to pay my bills online and I notice that all state has stolen $253.49 from my account for a premium on a policy that had long been cancelled. This is completely unacceptable and I want my funds back immediately. They had no permission to withdraw any money from my account.

• Jk
                    JKDE Mar 15, 2011

Today is March 15, 2011 not [protected].

Allstate Insurancewon't pay refunds - fraud

I had been with my insurance company safety for more than 5yrs and all through the yrs I have had coverages. I switch to allstate because I thought I could save some money because I am an excellent driver 99. I opted to pay in full because it was affordable. After two months I was asked to pay some more and I refused - they canceled the insurance and sent me a refund for half the amount I paid for a full year. Do not do business with them. They are criminals!!! They kept sending my calls to india and to an uncountable addresses in the us. What a nightmare. These where the names of the people I dealt with: ron grant, thomas j. Wilson, mary j. Mcginn, scott christensen producer #34000

won't pay refunds - fraud

Allstate Insurancewon't increase allowance for damages

While going for my daily coffee during a recent blizzard, I was entering Dunkin Donuts lot heading for the drive up window.

Looking straight ahead I saw a plow truck at the pay window. I assumed that he was heading out the way I came in as that is the way the white arrows are pointed. Instead he made a right hand turn and drove into my front drivers side fender.

After exchanging information I headed home and called my insurance company. Shortly thereafter I received a call from Allstate who was the insurer of the guy that drove into me. After answering all his questions truthfully and talking him through Google Earth so he could pinpoint the coffee shop I went to work thinking that everything would be all right. His name is Derek Leblanc.

Wrong! My rep from Geico called and told me that Allstate was offering 50% for my damage. Irate I called the adjuster for Allstate. He very curtly told me to take it or leave it. They were not going over 50 %. The damage was $ 1600.00 and I have a $ 500.00 deductible. I don't know how someone in Hartford can make and arbitrary decision like that with only knowing the basic facts.

I often wonder how these people come up with the percentage. Why not 65 n% or 39%?

At any rate this is far from over. I'm grateful to the person that took them to small claims. That sounds like a plan.

Allstateclaim

Tammy Wright [protected]) head of the claims department just informed me that her people were trying to settle my claim without having the doctors notes.

Chris Chadwick [protected]) and her associate Eric of Allstate have been working on my case since April 2010. They contacted me on January 18th, Tuesday with the settlement amount. Chris and her associate Eric are wanting to compensate me from 4-21-10 to 6-29-10 because it was the date of my lastest doctor's appointment. I experienced pain and suffering from the date of the accident, 4-21-10 until 10-06-10.

I informed Chris that my doctor, a specialist, prescribed that I wear a hand splint during heavy activity. That it would take many months to heal, up to four months. The doctor's notes say, "Advised to give me a call if the injury is still bothering her at the end of October."

I called my doctor's office in October and told them that I was feeling better. I also asked if there was anything else I needed to do and they said no. I then called Chris Chadwick and told her that I was finally feeling well and that we could start the settlement process.

Chris Chadwick was totally unprofessional and rude when I told her that I would not settle with the amount that they were suggesting. I have never been treated so poorly in all my life.

Furthermore I recieved a phone call from Eric [protected]). He told me that he didn't think my hand should be included in the settlement. I told him I was hit directly on the driver's side door. I told him that I went to the Emergancy Room and told them that I was experiencing pain and numbness in my neck, left shoulder, arm and hand. He asked me why the didn't the emergancy room x-ray my hand. I told him that I don't tell doctors what to do, I just explained to the doctors what pain I was feeling. He asked me why I waited three weeks to see a doctor about my hand. I told him that I was recieving treament for my hand since the accident and got an x-ray on my hand on 4-28-10. So he lied saying that it was three weeks later. He is suppose to be the medical examiner.

He then asked me if I wore a splint from 6-29-10 to 10-06-10. I told him that I wore the splint as the doctor advised me to do. He then said that he once he had his fingers hurt and that HIS doctor didn't have him wear anything for that long of a time. I told him that him and his situation is entirely different to my situation. He then asked how wearing a splint would heal my hand. I told him that he could call my doctor if he need specifics on the healing process.

Then today, January 20, 2011, I spoke with Tammy Wright [protected]). She tells me that they only have the insurance papers from the Hand Specialist but that they do not have the doctor's notes. She said that they requested them twice and never recieved them. She said, "Maybe there is something wrong with the fax machines."

I spoke with the Hand Specialist on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 and they said that Allstate had all of the doctors notes.

So Allstate has called me and given a settlement amount without reviewing the doctor's notes. When I spoke with Chris and Eric on the phone I talked to them about the notes that the doctor had written and they said that they knew about them. It has been three months since I called to settle. On top of that they are trying to lie and bully me to settle with vital information that should be taken into consideration.

Allstate Insurenceprice of policy

On November 6, 2010 quoited a price for auto insurance for our families 4 cars 0f 2, 770.00 was payed in full for a discount at that time. 3 weeks later they came back and said they could not insure my sons suv since the title was in his name. They stated they could insure him of our policy for a cost of 1100.00 dollars, This is 700.00 more then before . Also 250 more then his old policy at Commerence Insurance. They also did not tell you when quoiting a price that in Mass, you pay 25.00 dollars per car to change auto Insurance Companies.
                        What I am getting to, is beware of of this company quoting you a price for auto Insurance, Allstate will quote a price with out all the information they need. They will also try to get you to pay by credit card up front, This makes it more difficult to deal them after, since they already have your money. They will come back at a later date with adjustments in your policy, which will always cost you more money . Mark Pease

• Cp
                            Cpl 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Same here in NY. They provided you with a quotation, you purchased the policy, then after two months, they started debited your credit card without notifying you for 'changes' in your policy even though you never initiated the changes in the first place. A big misrepresentation if you believe the ad ... You are in good hand! Just beware .

Allstate Insurancedelayed my claim

I was stuck by an Allstate policy holder in a 4 car accident in late September. I was the last car in line and was struck by a vehicle behind me who was struck by the Allstate policy holder and then the Allstate policy holder careened on to hit my vehicle as well. The insurer behind me (USAA) has already settled their claim with me in a most professional manner. The Allstate adjuster (Frank Sciacca) has dragged his feet resolving my claim because he has a heavy work schedule/I haven't interviewed all the parties, I haven't spoken to our policy holder... We are now into over 2 weeks since the accident and Allstate has not responded in a professional manner. I must say that the Allstate inspector who looked at my vehicle was thorough and helpful however that is where the "good" hands stopped. After this experience, I will counsel anyone who will listen not to buy Allstae insurance due their poor service response.

Allstate — bad check refund

Yes I used to a allstate customer for about 8 years and I decided to go with another company due to the...

Allstate Automobile Insurance — no-accident six-month bonus!

I've had Allstate Automobile Insurance for at least the last 20 years, or more. It's been at least...

Allstate Insuranceinsurance does not cover household claims

On 03/06/2010 a plumber snaked my drain and ran a hole through the pipe, on 04/09/2010 we found mold and about three feet of water in my kitchen wall. I called Allstate, at first they would cut me a check, then they sent an Adjuster here and she told me they would not cover it, I have contacted the NV Insurance Commission and can get no help. My kitchen is gutted, outside wall cut out and living room wall partially gone. They will not help and have been quite rude when I contact them. What can I do?

• Ke
                                Keith Simpson Apr 25, 2011

It is unbelievable that so many of Allstate's employees are able to use the Internet social sites like Tagged.com and Facebook during working hours, especially those located on Heritage Drive. How can they serve the public's needs when this type of behavior prevails?

• Ec
                                EC in Seattle Jun 29, 2010

Look at your policy or have your attorney look at it to see if it is reasonable for them to reject the claim.
                                If you have coverage you can force them to deal with you by going public with complaint sites, BBB, State Insurance Commission etc.
                                Most homeowners policies cover damages caused by plumbing leaks or worn out pipes but not the pipe itself. It is called consequential damages. You need to read your policy.
                                If the plumbing was in good condition it would be impossible for the plumber to cause a hole in it by running a snake to clear the drain. I think you really need to check this out now. It is not likely that your homeowner coverage lacks this benefit.

An old plumber in Seattle wrote this.

Allstatehome owners policy

While on vacation I was notified that my house was flooded. More than 2 inches of water in the home and more than 3 feet in the crawl space. I called 1-800-ALLSTATE to get the claim started since it was a covered loss from a broken water line under the kitchen sink. Now, over a year later we are still not in our home, have had to file suit due to Allstate's ridiculous payment of less than $11, 300.00 to repair our home which was never dried correctly by the company they sent out. We were kicked out of our temporary housing by ALLSTATE, so we now live in a completely different city. I don't see my grandchild, whom I use to see daily; I didn't get to spend the holidays with my family since it is normally held at my home; and I had to take off work to travel back to our home town for the funeral of my grandmother... something I should have been in town for, since that is where I purchased my home and intended on living.
                              Not to mention that our ALLSTATE adjuster has never been to our home, nor has he seen the damage. He sent a wet-behind-the-ears young kid who tried to tell me what my policy stated. But yet I had just received a letter from ALLSTATE days before telling me that I shouldn't listen to anyone but the ALLSTATE claims adjuster as the adjuster is the only one who knows my policy.
                              We now have mold due to them hiring an incompetant company to extract the water. They state our policy only covers $5, 000.00 in mold. My point... IT WOULDN'T BE THERE IF YOU WOULD HAVE HIRED A COMPANY TO DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
                              Don't use ALLSTATE. We've had them for about 16 years to cover everything we've ever required insurance on and have never put in a claim. Now, after this many years, so many policies and continued coverage without submission of a claim they want to deny a covered loss.