Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unauthorized Charges Airtel money debited from account!

Airtel  -  money debited from account!

Author of the complaint
8:39 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have also faced an money fraud issue with airtel call home in recharging my account. I have attempted to recharge the account serveral times but every time transaction failed. When if you check your bank account and cc account they debit the money from there. Almost my $350 is stuck with them becoz I made several attempts to recharge. And when u send them mail regarding it, they don't think it important to reply back. My money is still block with them.

Pathetic services and there gateway sucks.

More Airtel complaints & reviews

Airtel - don't trust airtel!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Airtel - please block my number - 9970516597
Airtel - unable to get puk number!
Airtel - screw the airtel
Airtel - extortion of money
Airtel - "india one" is not 1 cent per minute. its a fraud
Airtel - high billing on data usage and non information of exceeding account limit
28 comments
Nov 27, 2007 12:00 am

Airtel call Home is the worst service that i have ever opted. I purchased $100 calling card from them and faced following issues.
1) call drops within 10 Seconds of making a call
2) No gifts(Free Saree) as promised in their independence day deal.
3) Unnecessary deduction of minutes
4) voice quility is poor.

So will never recommend to go and purchase airtel call home service.

Aug 16, 2007 12:00 am

This is in reference to my complaint made before by me of the amount getting deducted from my A/c & my A/c not being recharged. The amount was in a pending state in my A/c and now its removed. So I take my complaint back.

C
Dec 18, 2006 12:00 am

I saw the ad and subscribed to the service. The website is very slow and I could never register my home number. I feel the service is not from a professional company, which can not even have the web service properly to excel in telelecom!

R
Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am

Website is down and I cannot recharge the account since morning. I wanted to make an urgent call and cannot make it.

Dec 22, 2006 12:00 am

For heaven sake don't buy this. they deducted the cash from my account. Even after a week i have been not sent the pin nos. and their call center doesn't pick up calls.. their email bounces back..
Don't try this at all..

Dec 18, 2006 12:00 am

Airtel Call home does not work and they charge credit cards. I filed a complained on Federal Commission. Any one having same experience visit website https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 and file complain against them.

Jun 26, 2011 11:31 pm

###. Stop Shouting. I am Airtel CEO in Chennai. http://sivakumarankathiresan.blogspot.com/2010/09/radhika-is-sex-connected.html

May 29, 2011 6:33 pm

i want to port my mobile number.bcoz they debit money from my account. i m not activate any scheme.but the network was debit my money. I want to contact customer care but the networt is not connect to customer care.airtel is a worst company .

Feb 22, 2011 3:10 pm

I have tried now since past 2-3 months their website is always down

Mar 06, 2010 3:59 am

I also faced problem in recharging. Airtel customer care is worst customer care. Airtel is the big fraud company. Better dont go with airtel at any point of time you will loose your money. Only the time varies. Some will be cheated with in a month and some one will be in a year. Any way Airtel will cheat their customers. Before you get sucked leave that service.

Nov 02, 2009 12:29 am

I bought this card while I was travelling to USA on short trip. Unfortunately I came to know that I can not use this card from hotel as someone has registered the Hotel number as account ID. The account is no longer active and as per Airtel customer service once number is registarted, we can not discontinue that number. This means my card is no longer in use and I have to look for other unregisterd number. This means for traveller who might not have a residence number or cell no this card is a big risk. I lost my money and there are atleast 5 others in same hotel who bought this card.
To understand this I called Customer sevice and found it equally pathetic - customer service executive told me He is supposed to attend only short calls and he has already spend "9" minutes on this conversation with me. Due to this his performance will go down...! What to say.. I banged my phone...

Aug 07, 2009 8:23 am

I think Airtel Call Home well realize that the its previous offer was not 1 cent actually. so it is now revamping original IndiaOne offer and it is even better now.

Aug 03, 2009 11:48 am

What they did to me...change the $10 recharge amount which I picked from the scroll down list to @100 as I was looking at my card to complete the page with the 3 digit number at the back of the credit card. How about that? ! How come the 10 dollar jump down to the 100? As I clicked on 'submit' I saw the screen with 107 disappear and what can I do to stop it or cancel it? Reliance has one more confirmation page, but airtel doesn't have that . How convenient! Now I am fighting to get my tax money back after they refunded the rest of it keeping the 10.70 which is my original recharge amount. Why are they holding the tax for something I haven't spent or something that is returned! It's simple maths to subtract 10.70 from 107. So they still owe me 6.30. No use of mails or no immediate communication with representatives inside the department.

ajitha

J
Jul 19, 2009 12:14 am

I agree with you .also the website provides deceptive advertising practices

May 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Yes. I too have had problems with Airtel. I feel using VOIP service like nymgo is a better option. I try to use the calling card only when I am away from the internet access. One has to read all the details carefully before considering airtel call home service.

-NS

B
May 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Airtel is poor they cheating customers ...

I just want to share how Airtel Call Home is fooling the people.
They have a big advertisement 1cent/min.
But this is a big lie.

You can check their plans

Plan Value $14.99 Rental Value $8.99Talk time $6.0 here is the catch if you finish calling $6.00 with 5 or 10 days...you need to pay again $14.99 and you will get only $6.00 talk time what is meaning of rental value? That needs to be charged $8.99 every time.

You recharge as rental what is meaning of it. There are no top-up options.

It simply means like 600 mins for $14.99 so just how much it is $14.99/600=0.02498$/min or 2.49cents==2.5 cents/min

There is one more catch this 600 mins is only when you call when you make a call to mobile otherwise it is 300 min. $14.99/300min=0.04999$/min=4.99cents==5cents/min.

How AIRTEL is bluffing! Same with other 6.49 plan 250 mins 6.49/250=0.02596$/min=2.59cents/min==2.6cents/min to mobile 6.49/125 =0.05192$/min=5.19cents/min==5.2cents/min to landline

How great a cheating for simple Guys!

UNDERSTAND ALL SIMPLE PEOPLE

AIRTEL FOOLING THE CUSTOMER TELLING 1 cent/min IT IS 5.2 cents/min FOR THE LANDLINE!

You can look at the blog and put your comments there also ...raise voice against...

B
May 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Airtel..is the name for the company who throws your money in the "AIR" using their money minder strategical "TEL"ephone service...I wonder how are they surviving in todays economy with their cheap, money minded strategy...Their 'Call home 1 cent' plan isnt 1 cent..Customer actually pay 2.4 cent/min..after you calculate the rental fee they charge on it...Rentalllll ? Why the hell is that ? I know tons of Calling sites who dont charge rental and still give you the best deals in the market...Raza.com (they are offering 1000 mins in $10)..Now this is what we should call 1 cent/min...IndiaLD.com..they give you 1.3 cent/min if you sign up for their plan...Well, what can we do regarding this ? Just spread the word as far as we can and make the consumers beware of the these "Money Eating Monsters"...called AIRTEL...
I personally do not recommend AIRTEL to anybody...i repeat anybody...and if you dont believe in my post or the other posts on this blog...then go ahead and let them RIP that your hard earned money off you...

V
May 08, 2009 12:40 am

They closed my a/c because I did not use it for 6 months. Well they take all info (email, phone etc) while you register and send 100s of emails with promitions etc but when it comes to account closing, they dont bother to even inform. I had more than $25 in the a/c and they simply ignore my calls/emails.

I really dont know what to do...Any advice

R
Apr 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I also had same problems. Being patriotic, I was one of first to try Airtel services to call India. My credit card was charged four times.
I was promised double talk time but never got any account details insspite of repeated requests
It was frustrating to deal with customer service and I completely switched to Reliance which is best and opaque system to learn details of all our calls

Hopefully Airtel has improved their initial glitches

Regards
Raj Sodhia

L
Mar 17, 2009 11:47 am

airtel call home sevice - major fraud & cheaters

U
Nov 20, 2008 3:27 am

I am using the airtel call home card from past 1 year. And Didn't faced any problem yet. I used to call my parents in India. They didn't debited any money from my account without my prior knowledge. So I am happy with their services.. And Guys believe me they replied to each and every query or prob which i faced for making calls to INDIA.

Nov 01, 2008 1:45 am

if you ask me, reliance calling card is the best one around.have been using it for one year now and i get good voice quality, fast connections, and virtually zero call drops.i learnt that they slashed their effective calling rates this festive season to about 5.9 cents/min and are also giving away 120 mins free talktime to all their customers.Makes sense to go for it.

K
Nov 01, 2008 1:25 am

that's jus classic airtel for you.you can count on them to ditch you wen you need them the most.no wonder then, evrybody's jumping to reliance who seem to have slashed their calling rates this diwali to 5.9 cents/min wid an add on of 120 mins.r u liostening airtel?

Nov 01, 2008 12:41 am

i too faced recharging issues and poor customer service so shifted to reliance. really feel reliance calling card is the best one around.have been using it for one year now and i get good voice quality, fast connections, and very less call drops.i learnt that they slashed their effective calling rates this festive season to about 5.9 cents/min and are also giving away 120 mins free talktime to all their customers.Makes sense to go for it.

F
Sep 15, 2008 3:09 pm

I too faced lot of problem with airtel call home. Whenever I tried to recharge it has some problem.When I contac the Customer care they will give a complaint number and after a day i will get a mail like the query has been resolved but actually the problem will remain same. I tried to contact them like this many times, when ever I contact the same thing happened.

Jul 18, 2008 1:45 am

Airtel is at its worst.

the website not working properly, it says user already registered even if i am doing for first time

call center nos dont work, landline no is connected to FAX, so no use, the mobile no is not reacheable
they have given escalation chart, even the escalation mobile nos dont work

THIS IS THIRD CLASS, THIRD GRADE SERVICE FROM AIRTEL

Dec 02, 2007 6:03 pm

We are also not able to call to india from last 3 days ,the toll free numbe does not work.We are sending complaint emails but nothing is happening.This is a classic example of poor service .Request you toplease return us the balance amount because we are nw completely frustated with the airtel service.The complaint code is 51283

J
Dec 26, 2006 3:15 am

Airtel CallHome is a perfectly fine service. I find that it has absolutely no problems. I wonder why all you people are all exaggerating and spreading such misinformation.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1282 complaints