Afnicollectionsfalse collections

Rec'd a letter stating I owe money to Verizon. This is highly unlikely because I have had verizon accounts. Which does not allow you to have open new accounts if you have a open balance. This company seems very suspect. I was going to paid the balance so my credit is not impacted but after attemping to access the website. I came across hundreds of compliants against this company for the same scenario that I have described. Any information that any one can provide on next steps would be greatly rec'd.

We must fight to stop these type practices
Thanks

• So
    sofineami Feb 18, 2009

I have had two encounters with this company recently. Log onto www.afnicollections.com/fraud and you have to enter your account # they give you on your notice. Dispute the bill and list it as fraud. They will after two weeks send you a letter confirming it is fraud. Also file a report online with the Better Business Bereau (illinois) and they will ensure this company responds to you. I recently received 2 bills from them for Verizon...both of them supposedly opened at the same time at different addresses. This company is a total scam because if you contact them via telephone they are very disrespectful and will not provide you with a copy of the bills, telling you that you are not entitled to see the bills. Lodge your complaints both of the ways I have told you at the same time and your problem will be resolved within two weeks.
    Good Luck!