Having problems with Afni?

1866 352 0479 (Customer Service)
+1 866 377 8844 (Head Office)
+1 866 778 2364 (Opelika, Alabama)
+1 800 518 4337 (Tucson, Arizona)
+1 888 281 2364 (Tucson, Arizona)
+1 877 448 2364 (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
+63 24 622 364 (Philippines)
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington, Illinois

Philippines
Commonwealth Ave. Diliman Commercial Complex, Quezon City, PH

Complaints & Reviews

Invalid phone service charges

I am getting harssing letter from some sort of collection agency call Afni inc.for a verzon bill for several amount for a phone bill that suppose tobe created in 2007.I have no ideal what these bills are for or anything about them until now. I call the company who sent them to question about these bills, the service rep that i talk to was very rude and wouldn't let me ask question concerning these charges and the only thing the rep would say what kind of arrangement did I want to make to pay these charges. My thing is if I owed a bill in 2007 why wasn't I notified sooner.I have gotten a lawyer and has started legal action against this company.

FALSE COLLECTIONS

AFNI IS SENDING BOGUS COLLECTION LETTERS TO PEOPLE! THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT FOR FALSE PHONE NUMBERS AND PUTTING VERIZON AS THE VENDOR! THIS IS RUINING CREDIT FOR THOUSANDS OF CONSUMERS AND RUINING VERIZON'S REP. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND THIS MUST BE STOPPED AT ONCE! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS THAT THIS IS GONING ON! THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AT ONCE FOR FALSIFYING RECORDS AND HURTING HARD WORKING PEOPLE! WE WILL BE TAKING THIS TO COURT! EVERYONE THAT HAS RECEIVED ONE OF THESE BOGUS LETTERS SHOULD WRITE THE GOVERNMENT AT ONCE!

• Su
    sugarlipps Mar 09, 2011

I agree. I am tired of my credit being screwed up due to a bill they say I owe. I have never had Qwest. Weather it be long distance or a cell phone.

I am going to call the BBB and report this group and I suggest everyone else do the same.

BBB = better business beaureu

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Mar 09, 2011

Some BBBs are useless. IT's better to contact FTC and file a complaint with your State Attorney General.

• Su
    sugarlipps Mar 21, 2011

So get this. I received a letter from AFNI the other day in the mail saying:

This letter is to inform you that we have investigated your dispute related the the referenced account. Based on the investigation this account will be closed. AFNI, Inc. will take to further collection action.

In addition, if this account has been subject to credit reporting, the credit reporting agencies will be directed to remove this account from your credit report.

Hopefully they will really do that. I am keeping this letter just in case I get another one or it doesn't go off of my credit.

Trying to collect on a 6 year old paid bill!

I got a collection notice in the mail from Afni, for a tmobile bill I paid over 6+ years ago. They can't give me any information on where the bill has been for the last 6 years and my ex and I paid if after going our separate ways in late 2017. If this company calls you give them no information they don't already have and verify nothing with them, that's how they get you! Someone needs to do something about this company and the companies that sell them this bogus information. They are selling old customer information to afni and afni is banking you you caring enough about your credit that you will just pay it.

• Ka
    Kassity Hu Dec 12, 2007

I received a fake collection letter from Afni claiming that I owe Bell Atlantic $412.13. I pay all my bills and never owe Bell Atlantic anything. The phone number they're saying I owe the bill was from 10 years ago. If I owe Bell Atlantic anything, why don't they call me directly or immediately? Why wait 10 years later? Afni is a bogus company and needs to pay for scamming thousands of people out of their money. I'll file a company with Better Business Bureau & the FBI identity theft unit.

• Ju
    julia r Jan 17, 2008

I received a letter from AFNI also. They claim I owe Bell Atlantic / Verizon money from 1999. 8 Years AGO!! I dont owe them anything but how do I prove it? They dont even have the correct address. I had a completely different phone # where they claim the service was at!

• Am
    amk May 31, 2008

I was sent a notice from Afni that said I have a past due bill with MCI phone company for $285.41. I never had a MCI phone so I called MCI and they had no ideal what or who I was talking about. there is no record of me ever having an account with them. I knew something was wrong when I saw the date on the notice it claims I had the phone in july 2017 I have had the same phone company and number for 5 years and it is not MCI. I also called Afni and there phone number is always be checked for trouble I can never get any one to talk with me . So I will fight this all the way. Do not send them any money they just might be PHONY COLLECTIONS

MassAccent Mar 02, 2011

I also just received a collection bill from Afni for $2700 on some Sprint bill my old business partner (we parted ways in Oct. 2017) had and possibly used my name on the bill or continued using thereafter (or my ss#). I never received a collection bill from any other entity. Afni says they are the 3rd collection agency to own the debt and now are mailing me a bill. I told them the story and they said they would look into it and get back to me. I don't even know my rights apart from my old business partner would have used my ss# to help renew the acct? But reading other posts I also wonder about Afni?

• Je
    jennifer678 Jun 03, 2016

I will list a complaint, but respectively wish not to include name and number. Sorry, you can't trust things nowadays.
    Heres another complaint against Afni. Same letter Same old bill from 11 years ago, from verizon formally GTE. now heres the kicker they claim it was an old cell bill, but funny thing is the number they refer to on the bill goes to a residence in a State that I do not live in. If you want to have some fun. Call this company, they have some of the most friendly Satanic devil worshipers to answer the phone, ask them how they got your address to send the letter (don't give them any info to verify anything) and ask them how you could possibly have a cell phone bill when you are Amish and have never had any electronic devices nor believe in them, and if they become rude or obnoxious, just calmly ask them to gather the appropriate information to resolve the matter and when they get this together, to give you a call at the phone number they have listed on the letter. Have fun!

I think this is a scam!

I have received a paper in the mail from Afni Inc stating that I have a balance due totaling $214.70. It...

fraudulent billing

This is not the first time I have gotten a notice like this. I have already had one about a month ago and just paid it even though I did at the time wonder how I would have owed Dish Network any past due amount, esp. when I am a current customer with them. Now I got another notice saying I owe $234.75 and they are settling on a payment of $50 to resolve the matter, this time stating I owe Quest. I know this is a scam now. Too bad I didn't realize it before I sent my other $50 to them a month ago.

SCAM

On Feb 4, 2011 I called AFNI INC. to inquire about some collection notice for $265.31. After waiting 26mins I finally got a rep who was sooo rude to me after I declined giving my SS info anything about me. I then called later that afternoon and spoke to ANDY who again after telling him I was not giving up any info was RUDE and told me that "if I do not resolve this matter it will show up on my credit report" WTF.. I then asked to have the number to this Verizon IONC who claims I owe them, he said they don't have the numbers to the companies that hire them for their services...What a CROCK ..I asked for a suprv who also confirmed they have no number and that VERIZON NEW YORK INC IS JUST VERIZON ...folks that is a LIE ...don't give them any info about yourself and request to be removed off the mailer...Deidra B

paid off settlement but still on credit report

i had an old account with cingular wireless that i owed for ..i know i owed the money and i received a...

Debt Collection

I continue to receive collection notices and settlement offer letters from Afni, Inc. for an unpaid bill to Verizon New York Inc. I've never lived or visited New York and have certainly never bought a cell phone from them. I've called Afni and the SSN they have on file is not mine so they obviously have the wrong person, yet they continue to harrass me.

Bogus Collection

I received a letter from this company stating I owed for a bill from Direct TV. I contacted the company and the lady Ginger awnsered stating that it was from 2004 and it was debt that was over 6 years old. I do not owe any bills to Direct TV and this letter was the first I heard about this. I believe this company is running a scam. I am sending a letter to dispute this. Beware of these types of scams.

fishing scam?

look at that! the Saints they want to be are offering me a "SETTLEMENT OFFER", why, half off!, on a Qwest...

T-mobile account

I read many complaints about this Afni Collection. Like most of the complaints posted, they said I owe T-mobile $297.89 but they will settle for $100. They want me to send the check to them. They even don't have a T-mobile account (if I DO OWE T-mobile). I did not call their number but I called T-Mobile instead. T-mobile check their record and stated that I DO NOT have any balance or OWE anything.
Please beware of this kind of scam and harrassment.
I will report them to the US Post office.

• Mi
    Mipale Mar 31, 2011

Afni has made a fortune by lying to consumers and reporting bogus debts to the credit bureaus. There is nothing in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) that states any consumer is obligated to provide that type information to a debt collector. The burden of proof rests solely on them and it is obvious that by sending out such a form letter, that Afni is blind to the debts they collect.

A check of Pacer, for on-line federal lawsuits shows more than 165 suits where Afni is named. This does not begin to count the possibly hundreds filed in various state courts. You do not want to provide Afni with any information other than your name, address and reference numbers to the account they are attempting to collect. You should immediately dispute it with the credit bureaus as not my account so they cannot claim they were not aware of your dispute.

The owner of Afni is Lisa A. Anderson, of Bloomington, IL. Our information is that she has very deep pockets and is capable of still paying off lawsuits. I strongly urge anyone dealing with Afni to consider legal actions on these bogus accounts. The very capable attorneys from www.myfaircredit.com have the ability to hold them liable for credit bureau reporting.

You could receive compensation if they are successful in suing Afni as the law allows $1, 000.00 in compensation. You could also have your attorney fees paid, so it is worthwhile to at least consult with a consumer law professional. Does Lisa Anderson allow her company to extort money from innocent consumers by credit bureau placement? Let the law work for you by going after Afni and holding them accountable for their actions.

This is a scam-gone way out of control. The laws need to be changed so that Afni’s are not allowed to screw consumers with their lies and phony reporting. Go after them, make her pay.

outstanding bill

I received this notice from AFNI Collections, stating that they "acquired" this account for collections. This notice is saying that I owe nearly $100! I cancelled my QWEST account a year ago, and I paid my final balance to them! I have never received a call or letter from QWEST saying that I still had a balance owed. They do have my correct phone number, but that is easy enough to find since I have had that same number for many years (with QWEST). This is so infuriating, because I the letter looks very real and threatening.

• Co
    Consumer 99.03 Mar 22, 2010

i have been receiving notices from AFNI Collections, stating they "acquired" this account for collections. The notice states i owe just shy of $100! They tell me T-Mobile bought Aerial Telecommunications, an account I had but cancelled before T-Mobile bought them. I have never received a T-Mobile bill and each time i called to settle this the minimum wage call center employees were rude and totally unprofessional. I called them again recently and all of a sudden they have a copy of a bill from T-Mobile that they can send me. This goes back to 2000 and now they can provide me documentation that i owe $100.00, but they only want me to give them $25.00. C'mon are they for real? Their tactic is to annoy you to the point where you will pay just to get rid of them.

False collections

I was sent a collection notice for settlement from Afni inc. for 50.00. The original debt was 470.00 from a account that was never in my name. I personally got a hold of charter and the debt was taken out of my name. The only reason I am writing this is due to the fact that they sent me the settlement offer after the fact. So where would have my money gone?

FRAUD

I HAD A ACCOUNT WITH TMOBILE, BACK IN 2004. I ENDED UP WITH A BILL FOR 387.56.. OK NOW AFNI COLLECTION AGN...

Suspicious Settlment Offer

I have been contacted by this "company" and offered a settlement of half of the bill (200.76, asked to pay...

ripoff - fraud

These people lie! Why aren't these people stopped? They said I owed AT&T or Bellsouth 74.31 from an...

Do Not Give Afni your Credit Card Number

Afni collections sent me a settlement letter for $50 on an old Cingular bill dating back to 2002, and i...

Fraudulent collection!!

I checked my credit report today and I had a collection from AFNI! I never received a notice in the mail or anything at all. They are trying to say they are collecting a debt for Verizon Incorporated. I've had a Verizon Wireless account and I closed it and the account was current. The date they are giving is 10/14/2009! My account was active at that time and it was also current! I called TransUnion because that is the credit bureau who posted this collection and it has had a negative affect on my credit score! I'm angry about it!! I filed a dispute and I also reported it as a fraudulent collection. Now I have to figure out the next step to take to have this removed from my credit report! This is ridiculous! I called Verizon twice and both times I was told they have no collections against me. I'm in the process of buying a house and this has caused a huge problem for me. I can't believe this company is getting away with this! I called AFNI, but it was after hours so, I have to call back tomorrow! This is a crock of bull!!! I don't know what to do to fix my credit now, but I will not pay them anything!

Tonya
Tahlequah, OK

AFNI COLLECTIONS HUGE SCAM!!!

as well as many other people i have recieved a "settlement offer" for the amount of "$50.00" on a "$539.18"...

fraudulent collections

My wife was sent a collection notice from Afni, Inc, saying her account with TDS (phone company) was overdue for around $250.

A few problems with this:

1) The last time she lived in an area TDS served was in the early part of 2001.

2) We received the bill in November, 2009. 8 1/2 years!

3) The bill was in her maiden name, and we have been married for more than 3 years. No prior attempt has ever been made to collect such a debt (I have been with her since 2002, and we've never had TDS-- I make it a point not to!).

4) I researched a little: Statute of limitations to collect debt through courts is 6 years in this case (Wisconsin), and the max usually stated is 8 years. Credit bureaus can't take reports of delinquent accounts after 7 years, so long as you tell them that this account has not been active for more than 7 years (and active includes using the account, calling about it, etc.).