Having problems with Afni?

1866 352 0479 (Customer Service)
+1 866 377 8844 (Head Office)
+1 866 778 2364 (Opelika, Alabama)
+1 800 518 4337 (Tucson, Arizona)
+1 888 281 2364 (Tucson, Arizona)
+1 877 448 2364 (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
+63 24 622 364 (Philippines)
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington, Illinois

Philippines
Commonwealth Ave. Diliman Commercial Complex, Quezon City, PH

Complaints & Reviews

Afni Inc — False info on credit report

I was contacted by Identity Guard Service about a change in my credit report. They gave me the info on the...

Afni, Inc. — Rip off

I received a settlement letter for Verizon Md. for a past due phone bill from 1997. I had just moved and...

Afni Collelctions — Fraudulent bill

Received a collection notice for an outstanding bill from Verizon New York Inc., in the amount of $219.88...

Afni, Inc. — How to dispute an Afni Collections letter

I have read many of the complaints on this board related to Afni, and they all resemble my experience. I...

Afni, Inc.Collection fraud

Also just received a letter from these jerks dated 4/25/2008. The letter was sent to my father's new house, and even he was surprised because I haven't received anything there since 2001. The bill is for $78.40 and they say that they will accept half. When I telephoned them, the guy right away gave up my last four digits on my SSN and an old address from 1999. I went to college there, so of course that is where they must have got the address, but I never had a cell phone back then. The original creditor is from Verizon Northwest Inc. which I thought it was called Verizon Wireless, but when I told the man I have never used Verizon before he stated that it originated from a GTE account which switched to Verizon. Still very fishy. I'm reporting them to BBB, and the Federal Trade Commission [protected] and also the Consumer Protection Agency in Washington: [protected]. I was also advised to write Afni Inc. having them send me a verification of this debt. Everyone needs to report these folks in order for them to be stopped.

Manthu Nov 05, 2007

This fraud should stop. I don't understand why BBB said they are in satisfactory. Where are the justice? I got a letter saying I owe version (which bought GTE company) 300 in 1999. I called Afni and according to what I get from them, the address and the time frame that I have the GTE phone service didn't match. I didn't live in that address during that time. I don't think I have long distance service at all. I never knew GTE phone company. That's one red flag.

Second: It has been 8 years, never receive any bill or any notice from any phone company.

Third: The guy trying me to pay 175 to settle and close the account. I argue down to $25 and after battling a while, they agree to take $25 and I have to provide them my bank account info or credit card #. I am not an idiot and not going to pay, off course.
      This is very frustrating and harassing to me. These guys definitely should get punished!!!

• Ra
      ralph Sep 09, 2008

I received my second such notice from Afni, the first one having come a year or two ago. Like the one that arrived just yesterday, it's for a bogus Verizon charge (bogus because we've never been Verizon customers) for a phone number we've never had. Last time I called and spoke with someone who initially gave the impression of "oops, we've been caught red-handed in this scam" but then agreed to remove the charge. Now I've got to call and deal with those bozos again.

Afni, Inc — Debt collections

This company placed a collection on my credit report for $188 from Cingular. I have never had Cingular...

Afni Collections — COMPLAINING ABOUT BILL THAT YOU DID NOT RUN UP THE BILL FILE INDENTITY THEFT INSTEAD OF BLAMING PEOPLE THAT ARE JUST DOING THERE JOBS

WHAT THE SINCE IN YOU FILING A COMPLAINT ABOUT AFNI. AFNI DOES NOT READ THIS NOR DOES ANYONE YOU CAN CHANGE...

Afni IncNon existent account debt

Issue of double billing was settled with Verizon in 2017. The phone number in question was transfered to another person in the family and both parties were billed by Verizon. Needless to say, that phone remained in service with Verizon for years afterward.

Now 5 years later we get this letter from AFNI attempting to collect on a bill that was paid, and the error acknowledged by Verizon. Apparently, this is a special form of consumer fraud that is AFNI's milieu. I responded in written form and included the following:

Therefore, you are requested to :
    • Provide me with the name, address, and phone number of the party or parties employed by Verizon who initiated this action. Full disclosure is required by federal regulation.
    • In addition, you are requested to provide this in written form and refrain from any telephone communication prior to the receipt of such documentation.

Please be advised in advance that all calls from your agency will be recorded. We shall request the name of the employee and the supervisor on duty at the time so please be prepared to provide that information slowly and clearly. Failure to adhere to FCC rules will be reported and all appropriate legal action shall be pursued.

Needless to say, AFNI’s record of violation leading to class action suit in Illinois is of real interest to me and my attorneys.

• Wi
        William P Smith Jr Nov 09, 2007

Yesterday 11/08/2017 I received a collection notice from Afni Inc in reference to a disconnect bill from Verizon in 1998 in Maryland. They informed me the phone was connected in March 1998 and was disconnected in November 1998. The address was just down the block from where I did live in Maryland, but I lived there only from Sept 1984 to June 1986. They told me "just pay the bill". When I asked them to send me any documentation they had stating it was really me he told me that I HAD THE BURDEN OF PROOF that this was not me. At that point I contacted Verizon and they have no record of me owing them anything, but if it was sold to Afni they would have ALL of my records. I again called Afni -- now the scary part -- when I asked them for the last 4 digit of my SS # they were right. When all of this phone connection and disconnecting took place in 1998 I had already been living in upstate NY for 6 years. I move to North Carolina in 2017 and am now just hearing about this bogus collection attempt.

It appears that Identity Theft is here somewhere. I have contacted the Credit Bureaus and FCC to report this Identity Theft.
        After reading all of the complaints against Afni it makes me wonder if they are in any way involved.

Any help you could offer to help resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what else to do.

• Ju
        Just my opinion Nov 11, 2007

AFNI are con artists - identity thieves...

AFNI Collections - wireless BillFraud Collection Statement

I am an AT&T customer currently and have never been with Cingular wireless. I recieved a collection bill in the mail from AFNI stating that I had an outstanding debt of $80.50 from Cingular wireless. It gave account numbers and everything. I contact AT&T since they bought Cingular and they varified that there is no outstanding issues with my acccount. I found this site when I was trying to figure out who AFNI was and thought I would add my 2 cents. AT&T has been great and has their fraud department looking into this. I will let you know how it all turns out, but in the mean time if you are a AT&T (formerly Cingular) customer and you get a bill from AFNI, DO NOT PAY IT and contact AT&T immediately.

Afni, Inc.fake phone collection bill

This is in reference to the collection notice that we received dated 5/28/08 in the alleged amount of $69.97 for Afni, Inc. for Account No. [protected]-02-Creditor Account #2BY23330. WE DO NOT have an account with MCI and have not for over 10 years . When I tried to email them it would not allow me to only to call. My husband tried calling and was on the telephone on hold for a long time...

Because we have excellent credit, and this notice in the wrong hands could do a person harm...especially receiving THREATENING collection notices from a fake company and they need to be punished. I need to know that nothing will happen to our credit. Please write back

If we receive another notice from this fake company, I will turn this over to the attorney general for false collection.

• Do
            Doug Koss Jun 03, 2008

I also received a "COLLECTION NOTICE" from these idiots. They claim I owe MCI $104.12. Never had MCI. I have tried to contact them to no avail. I will be calling my attorney tomorrow.

Afni Collectionsrecieved settlement offer re money owed to Verizon on account never owned and name not used in 2o years plus name is spelled incorrectly

recieved a settlement offer regarding an alleged account that I owe money to, for one I have never had the listed number, two I have never used the name in 20 years they are stating on the bill plus it is misspelled, and I called several times and have been unable to contact anyone. I have only had Verizon since my recent marriage?

• Us
              uspvteyes Apr 13, 2009

They get names from old phone books and some are 25 years old.
              Total fraud.

Afni Incsettle offer for a bell atlantic/verizon bill

i received a letter from afni inc. saying i had a past due bill from an account in ny 10 years ago.. i never lived in new york or knew anyone in new york... they seemed to know my soc. sec. number and asked me to verify that and my drivers license number (which being a trusting person i gave them)... i just goggled them to find that many people seemed to have received these letters and i'm worried that they might be a scam and now have my information.. is there anything i can do to protect myself? they claimed to be mailing me a package that i have to fill out to prove to them i never lived in new york and didn't make the account that they say i didn't pay... please help me to know what i can do now to protect myself..

scott allen martinez

Afni CollectionsSomething's fishy about Afni

I am very glad to read that I'm not the only one that's being hassled by Afni for claims of debts to phone companies. I recieved a letter in 1/08 stating that I owed over $1000 to Cingular Wireless for a bill in 2001! Afni so generously has offered to settle with me for $500 and change. I have been sick over this trying to track down old bank statements and old cell phone bills to clear this up so that it wouldn't affect my credit. It is particularly peculiar to me since I have had cell service with Cingular Wireless continually since 1998. Why would they still provide me with service if I owed them that sum of money? Also, I have seen my credit report several times since 2001 and never once did this debt show up on it. I have contacted Cingular regarding this to see if they could help me to settle it and they have been of very little help. They show that my account has had a zero balance every month but they are unable to send me a zero balance letter without me providing them with a bank statement showing that I paid them. Now, if we can only figure out where to go from here... I would really like some advice on this situation. If anyone can provide me with any help I would greatly appreciate it.

• Ke
                  Ken Tamblyn Aug 04, 2008

I just got a bill for $141 from afni for Qwest. Hmmm, that is funny because I DO NOT HAVE QWEST as my telephone service. I thought I had been the victim of identity theft, but after investigating the phone number they provided, Quest does not even have any record of that phone number.

I will be filing a complaint right away.

This company is a scam. Do NOT pay the bill, and do not worry about any credit ratings by this company. If they do put a bad credit rating on you, you can sue them for $1, 000, 000 or more.

• Cy
                  Cyndi Oct 20, 2008

Recently pulled my free credit report and credit score, the other night, to see what my score had looked like. My report should have shown no negative entries, just an open credit card account, which is in good standing.
                  To my surprise, there was a negative entry from AFNI Collections. I further investigated my credit report, as I was quite shocked as to what I would be reflecting negative on my credit report. It was for a Qwest account, for $142.00. I have not had Qwest service since 1999, it is now 2008 almost 2009. This bill has been paid in full years ago. It states that this account has been past due since 2008. I have disputed this entry on my credit report and hopefully it will be removed soon.
                  Also, check out budhibbs.com. We will be writing a cease and desist letter, as well as contacting the Il Attorney General and adding a complaint to there long list of complaints already filed against AFNI.
                  This certainly is the last thing I need on my report. I am in the process of buying my first home and certainly do not need this affecting my chances of getting the loan.

Anfi incFraudulent Debt Collection Agency

So this Anfi Company sends an anonymous form letter insisting that 7 years ago I owed Cingular $50. How is it that in all of those years I never received anything in the mail from Cingular?
                Their website is fake. Their phone number connects to some guy that tells you that you are a deadbeat for not paying your bills and tells you to pay-up.
                I heard this was the start of some new work-from-home business scam where they buy un-verified debt for $0.03 per dollar owed and then try and collect on it. I guess as long as more than 3% of the saps they contact pay up- they make thier money back and then some.

Since my "debt" isn't real- I end up getting put out MY time, money, frustration, and hassle to prove to them that I don't owe anything? I requested verification of the debt and I assume that after a litany of annoying phone calls, letters, and payments to USPS to pay for certified mailings it will disappear on its own- but my complaint is WHAT A PAIN! Why are these scam artists allowed to operate on the fringes of legality trying to make honest people squirm. It should be illegal!

AfniFALSE COLLECTION ACCOUNT RECORED ON CREDIT REPORT

Today I reviewed my credit reporta collection agency called Afni, Inc reported that alleging I have a Collection account. $214 past due as of Feb 2008. Lookin into the company that they are trying to collect on this account for is Charter Communications this has provided my phone intranet and cable tv service for about 7 months. I called Charter to check and see if I had a 214.00 past due amount on my account. She said no I have kept a credit on my account for the last 4 months and have never been late. They never once mentioned I owed any amount of money when they ran my credit to get service. I explained what I had discovered on my credit and she gave me the number to AFNI they had and it is not a working number. I found a web sight with a 24/7 number and it is not working either. How can a company report a false collection account on your credit report. How do I get this removed

Afni, IncScam!!! Harassing phone calls

My mother receiving letters and harassing phone calls from Afni, Inc. The letters are stating that she owes $350.15 from a Cingular account she (supposively) had back in 2000. It's obviously a scam from what i'm getting from all the investigating I've done. I went back to the comments on this site in 2007 and their is an Attorney from New York that states to contact your local police department, State Attorney General, FTC (Federal Trades Commision). Be sure to check your credit report because alot of us are seeing this company put fradulent bills on our credit. He was saying that if anyone wants to join him in making a joint complaint suit on Afni then to email him, he says its better to have several complaints then 1 (1 complaint is more likely to get dismissed, a huge amount would be better). I agree with him on this, he also said that he has practiced law for 18 years, he plans to not only sue Afni, Inc. but also Verizon. Well my case is Cingular, but if he is certain to do something about this then maybe we can too, maybe we can get people going through the same thing together and find someone to represent us together, or individually. He made a huge point, that Afni is using the State of Illinois as a base for their fradulent & possible criminal activity.
                    My mother has cronic Lupus, and the stress of this all has made her more sick, They call her everyday and when she asked the guy to stop calling he yelled at her and told her "he will call ANYTIME he wants" well not if I can do anything to stop them. I want this company to suffer for what they have put my mother and all of you through. Please join me in taking the steps the attorney says to take (the steps I listed above) If I can help any of you with anything, don't hesitate to email me above.
                    By the way, the Attorneys name that wrote the comment is Robert Kingman from New York,

Also Afni's license (which might come handy while filing your complaint with your states Consumer Affairs) # 1072175

God Bless!!! Michelle Werner

• Va
                        Vanessa Sybrandy Jul 13, 2008

I didn't realize they were fraudulent, sent them a check. They changed the amount to 143.43 instead of 43.43. They are calling to harrass me because their doctoring of my check did not go through.

Afni Inc. - collection fraud — Afni Inc.

Hello all, Any suggestions for what I should include in my second response letter to Afni? Here is all my...

Afni, Incfraudulent bill for collection!

I was denied for credit because of a false report from Afni, Inc. They said verizon put this account in to collection. I have never had a verizon phone or any kind of service with them. When I did a search on the internet there was another person from Nampa, Id that the same thing happened to. He said he paid the bill to get it off of his credit report. Is there more out there like this? Sounds like a scam to me.

AfniCollections.comKeep attempting to collect old paid Sprint bill!

Years old bill paid to sprint, wrote them with documentation and cleared this up now billing again. Beware all!

• Gm
                            gmw May 02, 2008

Trying to collect on "supposed" non-payment of Cingular bill from October 1999. Never received a past due notice from Cingular. Plus my Cingular charge was never as high as they claim.

• Le
                            leandra montilla Aug 16, 2008

You are trying to collect the account:
                            [protected]-02
                            us# 83.62 ( Bell Atlantic )
                            [protected]

I don't know anything about.May you explain me?

• Ag
                            agnes adams Nov 20, 2008

hello I recived this letter, three days ago comming fromvacation
                            concering a at&t mobility phone I never had this service and I am a victim of identy theft though my lenderage broker when I brought my home I really confused about this matter!!!

can some one please give me a call
                            [protected]-work
                            [protected]-home
                            regards
                            agnes adams

• Sh
                            shayshay Jun 27, 2009

Toyota is trying to charge me $4844.00 for expenses for a lease car I had in 1999 for repairs. Can someone plese advise me on what to do it is hurting my credit score.

• Li
                            Linda B. Jones Jul 06, 2009

Afni has repeatedly tried to collect on a Verizon bill that was paid when I refinanced my home in 2007. Now they are trying to charge me for a phone number I never had and oddly enough, the amount is the same--$229.84. I called, but the wait is at least 11 minutes. I tried accessing the website, but I get everything but their home page.

• Ro
                            Roxyt45 Mar 02, 2011

These idiots are saying my husband owes T-Mobile $500.00 and will settle for $250.00. He has never had T-Mobile or any other phone company in his name. I told them that and all they said was you've been paying on it for 4yrs. and they had his SS# and everything, how could that happen? I called T-Mobile to see If I could get a phone in his name and they approved him for 4 lines. AFNI are scammers..
                            WATCH OUT BEFORE THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO!!!

Afni Collections — Harassment!

I received 3 letters from this so called collection agency. I was a fraud victim in the pass since 1994. I...