Menu
Afni
reviews & complaints

Afni
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

159 complaints
51 resolved 108 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Afni. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
10:51 am

Afni - Customer service representative

Dena frageman is an employee of yours who works out of home in Tucson az. She has been convicted of crimes such as theft and drug sales. How is it that she is able to access customer information? Do u drug test or run background checks? A report will be made along with this one to the bbb and if necessary corporate. It's unbelievable how your company can hire people like this and allow them to have complete trust with the information provided about your customers. It's mistakes like this that your company has allowed to skip through the cracks that have innocent peoples life's at jeopardy. I'm literally shocked and surprised how afne and Verizon has allowed this. Your company should be ashamed and I will undoubtedly take this a step further.

Desired outcome: I expect it to be dealt with according to policy

8:14 pm

Afni - Employee

Your employee Antenesha Herd has been harassing me from her job at the call center off her cell phone and attacked me and I would hope that is not the type of employee you guys won't for business.It is disgusting she got my information from your data in the computer and has been calling me and texting me she has all my information now and I am furious. She is trying to bring up my address and cell number and the information you guys have on me about my bill and not on the employee phone something needs to be done ASAP.

Desired outcome: Probation or fired I do not like my info being used against me by an employee that got it out of your computer system

P
4:18 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This event took place on September 5th in the early afternoon around 5 PM. Michelle Henry, your 'social media' employee is not my friend on facebook, and we have no mutual connections. Somehow she found and targeted my page for harassment. She found a memory that I had shared of a traumatic event in my life and started posting the laughing emoticon on it...

A
3:33 pm

Afni - collection call for wrong balance

Received a call from AFNI and had a person by the name of "Cat" tell me my balance with Verizon was $ 306.24. She stated that she was a Third party collector. (Afni according to Verizon is one of their divisions, so it is not a third party collector) When I finished with her, I got verizon on the phone and had them both listen to each other. Meagan with AFNI, supervisor, preceded to tell me the balance was actually $ 122.00, which is the correct amount. I asked why would Cat state is was $ 300.00, she stated that becuase we have a lot of calls, sometimes there are mistakes. I informed her that I as well handle collections and I have never, never, called a customer and given them the wrong balance. I preceeded to get her to pull the call, all of a sudden, she can't but her supervisor can, but is unavailable. If I was stupid, and didnt know my balance, they would have accepted the $ 300.00 and made a profit of $ 184.00. Drop Verizon, go with someone else, they are crooks and obviously hire thieves!

2:40 pm

Afni - us cellular

Lost a job a couple years ago, and went in to cancel my phone contract during this rough time. The people at the local store said that it wouldn't be a problem to cancel, I just had to pay a fee of $125. So I paid it, in cash, out of pocket, right there. I asked if there was anything else that I'd need to do, and the woman told me that my last bill was already paid with the fee, and the contract was cancelled, so nothing should come up again.

July 3, 2017, nearly TWO YEARS LATER, I received a letter in the mail from a collection agency, claiming I owe them $347.80. For what? I called them and all they would say is that I owe them all of that, despite that I paid off my contract and any backed up fees.

4:17 am

Afni - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt

Just received a collection notice from Afni that I owe Dish Network $691.06. Funny...I have never had Dish Network service at any time. I have found that this seems to be a common practice of Afni to send out fraudulent notices as well as pick up old debts that are past the statue of limitations and attempt to collect them.
I am sending them a demand for validation of debt by certified mail just to make it legal so I can pursue legal action if they persist. Then I am contacting my states attorney general.
CHECK OUT http://afnifraud.blogspot.com/
Will re-post as this goes on to let people know as many details as possible.

P
5:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just received a letter from afni inc, stating i owe them $8, 779. 44. For a loss and damages. . They threatened me by saying they will take the comparative negligence laws, and that the department of transportation told them that mt license will be suspended and registration, if i do not pay immediately. . They told me to make payment by visa, mastercard...

E
3:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am posting this to actually try and help you, and I encourage you to keep that in mind and read thoroughly through all that I have to say. I was previously a debt collector employed at Afni, and I am going to let you know what I would do if I received a bill from Afni, or had a listing on my credit report from them, and you can go from there. Let me...

S
8:15 am

Afni - Collection on account never had

Received a letter to settle an account that never existed. The letter claimed that I could pay half of the total balance of an AT&T Mobility bill. I have never had an AT&T Mobility account. I googled the company, and found pages and pages of reports of fraud.

1 comment
Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We're always taught that we are considered innocent until proven guilty...This is not the case when it comes to debt collection. If you are sued, you must show up at the court date and dispute the debt there. Then you can finally force the collection agency to produce evidence that :

1. The debt is valid
2. They have a legal standing to sue you for the debt (a number of documents required to prove that they have the legal right to sue YOU for the money they claim they are owed. )
3. The amount claimed is accurate
4. The debt is still within the statute of limitations for legal remedies

A note to 'How Long With This Account Last?"...Once the consumer is being hassled by debt collectors, (debt buyers) the OC has already written the account off. Paying the debt buyer has no affect on lending rates, because they have no influence on financial markets. Debt buyers almost NEVER have the legal standing required to bring a suit anyway. They know this, and still fill the courts with in-house generated 'affidavits' making claims they know they can not back up in most cases. They make their money from 'summary judgements' on the people who do not know their rights and don't show up in court to force the agency to prove their claim. If you don't show up, the assumption is that the debt buyers claim is factual! You will then be legally obligated to pay a debt that, otherwise might not even be valid!

5:03 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was sent a "Pay only HALF OF YOUR BALANCE to settle your account" offer. I never have had an account with the company they mentioned:T-Mobile. The said I could pay either online or with a credit card. They asked for my social security number plus my credit card number and 3 digit code. I tried to call the number they provided but it was not working at the...

T
4:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

AFNI has attached my address to someone elses debt as it appears that me and the debt have similar names. I have confirmed with them that my social security number does not match that of the real debtor. They have placed a collections account on my credit file using my name and home address only. I have contacted them by phone and by letter and they refuse...

I
2:51 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

April 06, 2012, I received a settlement offer in the mail, stating I owe debt to QWEST. I never have had service with Qwest, in my life. In the letter sent to me, it states this; For proper credit on your account please write this number 030186070-02 on your payment. Afni, Inc.Account # 030186070-02| balance 212.88| Original Creditor QWEST| Creditor Account # 4023424795984|Date 0462012

K
11:24 am

Afni - Cable Bill

I got a Bill today from afni Inc offering Me a discount payment offer on a bill from a cable company that I had over 7 years ago. Mind you I, I haven't received a bill from this company, Telling me I owe this bill, Just out of the blue I get this payment offer from afni Inc, I looked up statue of limitations in Ore. And the law states, after 6 years you can't be sued for the bill.

1 comment
L
Oct 15, 2009 5:53 pm

They are scamming again.They just sent me a bill from Californa verizon inc.
I have not lived in california since 2005.
The agency is called Afni, inc.404.brock drive.
po box 3427.
Bloomington.il [protected]

3:35 pm

Afni - Fraudulent Phone Bill

I received a collections letter from Afni.Inc stating that they were "making another attempt to contact me regarding my overdue Verizon account. They were offering to settle for half what they said we owed ($577.75). The spelling of the first name of the person addressed on the letter was similar to mine, but not the same as my first name. The last name was the same as mine.

I have never had a Verizon account. When I checked with Afni by phone the manager said "they would remove my address from the computer so I should disregard the letter." When I asked why it was sent to me in the first place, the manager became verbally insulting and said "then I should ask you why you were opening other people's mail."

I called Verizon and spoke with their Fraud Investigation Department, and was told that they have no record of there ever being a Verizon account in my name or under my SS#. The Fraud investigator said Afni.Inc. was probably doing "skip tracing" with just the name on the account to see if they could find anyone with that name anywhere to send the collection letter to. I suggest anyone who gets anything from Afni.Inc. check on it carefully before paying them anything!

9:29 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A company called Afni sent me a collection notice for an AT&T bill of over $500. The problem is that I have never once had AT&T in my life; I've only had Verizon. Furthermore I've never had any problems with Verizon and I've paid my bill on time and never lost service. So these fraudsters have tried to charge me over $500 to collect on a service I've never...

T
1:10 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Afni Inc. alleges that i owe ATT $80.00 dollars which afni claims ATT has placed this acc with them for collections. ABSOLUTE LIE! After getting a better deal from a local cable company (Time Warner) for a service bundle of cable TV, digital phone service and high speed internet, i took the offer, which involved transferring the ph service from ATT to...

R
1:41 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a forgery victim in the state of california for forgery with a bill I cannot clear out of my credit report with t-mobile for 389.04. I have filed a complaint with the ftc and sent in appriopiate paperwork incuding a police report and filed affidavits with this organization. Over 80% of the case has been cleared including the credit report. The case...

C
4:17 am

Afni - Cell Phone Bill

OMG! These people are plum AWFUL! I applied for service through tmobile and discovered that there was a old account created in 05 well i was only 16 in 05. So i was told to contact AFNI where my account had been sold. So i called and that lady was just so RUDE! Basically calling me a liar, and telling me my only option is to pay this 800.56 dollar bill! Does anyone know if there is futher actions i can take to resolve this matter without paying for something i had NO IDEA about?
Thanks in advance for yall's help :)

J
1:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

MY DAUGHTER RECEIVED A LETTER FROM AFNI STATING SHE OWED (APPROX.) $2, 785 TOAT&T. SHE IS 23, HAS NEVER HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH AT&T. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A BOGUS CLAIM BUT CAN THEY DAMAGE HER CREDIT RATING? I READ THAT WE SHOULD NOT CALL THEM, OR GIVE THEM ANY INFO EXCEPT FOR WHAT IS IN THE FORM THEY SENT. WHAT, IF ANYTHING SHOULD WE DO?

L
6:29 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They sent me a bill stating I owe 929.52 for a ATT mobility and I'm seeing different complaints online stating that they are a fraud company using fake companies to collect money.

Afni contacts