Ackermansrefund taking 8 weeks+

E Review updated:

I would like to lodge a complaint about the following. I paid up my account on 26/7/2011 at the ackermans woodlands branch, after getting the settlement balance of r910.05 in branch.

On 10/9/2011 I received an sms informing me that I still owe money on the account. I went to woodlands branch on 12/9/2011 and the manager phoned nedbank to find out what is going on. I was discovered that the branch paid the money that I settled my account with to nedbank and not tenacity. I then immediately made a settlement payment of r1195.85, as tenacity advised over the phone. The guy at nedbank gave me a reference number ([protected]) and told me that they will refund me within 5-6 days.

Till this point, I haven’t received my money back and I am very unhappy about the way they dealt with my account. I did enquire at the branch on how long it will take and the manager’s response were that they have a backlog of 6 weeks. I am losing interest on my savings account from where I made the payment from.

refund taking 8 weeks+

• Li
    LISBA Oct 14, 2013

hi! I recieve a card from ackermans via post office and went to the nearest ackermans to fill in the form correctly then they told me they would send me a message of reference number and the first number in the form is no longer working am only using 0717917907 i want to know if my account is approved or not

• Za
    Zakwe Zinhle Aug 11, 2018

I would like to lodge a complaint regarding the service and treatment I got from the staff at ackermans in west street (Durban). I bought a premio 530 in March.This August ( 06) it just froze and did not charge. 0n the 9th I went to buy the same cellphone because I knew they will take the whole year to fix the old one whereas I need it for academic purposes.

Today on the 11th on Saturday I went back to tell them that I need them to refund me because the old cellphone is now functioning and they did not even bother to listen to my story, they just told me that I can't bring the cellphone back. They even had the audacity to tell me that they can't take the cellphone back because they know it now has a virus as if it is some cosmetic or underwear.

It's fine I do not need a refund anymore since they refused but all I have to say is that ackermans really do not deserve any customers. They treat us like trash after we give them our monies and when we are not satisfied with their service they tell us to go to hell. Really ackermans, thank you for nothing!